Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2019, 07:19 AM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Median incomes up $5k under Trump

Pete, i donít mean to steal your thunder, iím sure eventually you would have posted this.

Trumps character is deeply, deeply flawed. That is to be balanced, against accomplishments like this.

Higher gross incomes, lower tax rates. good for the middle class.

https://www.heritage.org/markets-and...tSsOHAVRgOfRm0
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:55 AM   #2
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,272
Google up, Mooreís study is deeply flawed. Heís looking to get that job.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Google up, Mooreís study is deeply flawed. Heís looking to get that job.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
read the study. the data comes from the us census bureau.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #4
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Google up, Mooreís study is deeply flawed. Heís looking to get that job.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence, letís examine your economic IQ...

unemployment is at historic lows, meaning there is very little supply of available labor. Spence, what happens to the cost of something, when the supply decreases, when demand is steady or increasing? Does the cost of that something decrease, stay flat, or increase?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:17 AM   #5
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
read the study. the data comes from the us census bureau.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The data Moore cited came from a monthly income range survey not intended to be used for income study, itís an employment question.

Income went up but much, much less than trump is claiming.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,125
The government disagrees with you Jim
It must be a deep state plot

Income:

Median household income was $63,179 in 2018, not statistically different from the 2017 median (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
The 2018 real median income of family households and nonfamily households increased 1.2 percent and 2.4 percent, respectively, between 2017 and 2018 (Figure 1 and Table A-1). This is the fourth consecutive annual increase in median household income for family households.
The 2018 real median income of Asian households increased 4.6 percent from 2017 to $87,194, while the real median incomes of non-Hispanic White ($70,642), Black ($41,361), and Hispanic ($51,450) households were not statistically different from their 2017 medians (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
For householders under the age of 65, real median household income was not statistically different between 2017 and 2018, while real median household income for householders aged 65 and over increased 3.3 percent from 2017 (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
The real median income of households maintained by a native-born person increased 1.4 percent between 2017 and 2018, while the 2018 real median income of households maintained by a foreign-born person was not statistically different from 2017 (Figure 1 and Table A-1).

https://www.census.gov/library/publi...o/p60-266.html
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #7
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,125
🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #8
Duke41
got gas?
iTrader: (0)
 
Duke41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,709
Politics turning friends and acquaintance into mortal enemies since 1776.
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:13 AM   #9
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The government disagrees with you Jim
It must be a deep state plot

Income:

Median household income was $63,179 in 2018, not statistically different from the 2017 median (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
The 2018 real median income of family households and nonfamily households increased 1.2 percent and 2.4 percent, respectively, between 2017 and 2018 (Figure 1 and Table A-1). This is the fourth consecutive annual increase in median household income for family households.
The 2018 real median income of Asian households increased 4.6 percent from 2017 to $87,194, while the real median incomes of non-Hispanic White ($70,642), Black ($41,361), and Hispanic ($51,450) households were not statistically different from their 2017 medians (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
For householders under the age of 65, real median household income was not statistically different between 2017 and 2018, while real median household income for householders aged 65 and over increased 3.3 percent from 2017 (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
The real median income of households maintained by a native-born person increased 1.4 percent between 2017 and 2018, while the 2018 real median income of households maintained by a foreign-born person was not statistically different from 2017 (Figure 1 and Table A-1).

https://www.census.gov/library/publi...o/p60-266.html
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete, sorry i was attending to family stuff.

thereís also government data in the article i posted. you either didnt read it or refuse to believe it, because it doesnít serve your agenda. you have said here that the national economy is falling apart, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

you blindly cling to everything which supports your agenda ( liberal=good, conservative=bad), and you deny everything that doesnít fit it.

The article i posted didnít rely solely on Mooreís conservative opinions and spin. US Census data showed that increase. iím
try sorry if
you canít accept that. but some things are true whether one happens to like them or not.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #10
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete, sorry i was attending to family stuff.

thereís also government data in the article i posted. you either didnt read it or refuse to believe it, because it doesnít serve your agenda. you have said here that the national economy is falling apart, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

you blindly cling to everything which supports your agenda ( liberal=good, conservative=bad), and you deny everything that doesnít fit it.

The article i posted didnít rely solely on Mooreís conservative opinions and spin. US Census data showed that increase. iím
try sorry if
you canít accept that. but some things are true whether one happens to like them or not.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I quoted information directly from the Census Bureau, not a derivation or interpretation of data by a third party.

Floridaman has said that he doesn't care what happens after him, the debt will be someone else's problem.

What that article also does not say is that in order to increase Median income by 5K Trump increased the debt by far more.

I could go to the bank and borrow money and have more cash on hand.

Would I be wise to do that?

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Impeached President Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Remember Impeachment is a process, it might take 10 or 15 flushes before he's gone..........
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:18 PM   #11
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I quoted information directly from the Census Bureau, not a derivation or interpretation of data by a third party.

Floridaman has said that he doesn't care what happens after him, the debt will be someone else's problem.

What that article also does not say is that in order to increase Median income by 5K Trump increased the debt by far more.

I could go to the bank and borrow money and have more cash on hand.

Would I be wise to do that?
the article i posted also quoted directly from us census bureau data.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:36 PM   #12
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the article i posted also quoted directly from us census bureau data.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
From your article

"In my analysis on these numbers, I have openly admitted these monthly data are a first rough estimate of what is happening with incomes over time -- just as the jobs numbers are. They catch the trends over time."

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Impeached President Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Remember Impeachment is a process, it might take 10 or 15 flushes before he's gone..........
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #13
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
From your article

"In my analysis on these numbers, I have openly admitted these monthly data are a first rough estimate of what is happening with incomes over time -- just as the jobs numbers are. They catch the trends over time."
Also from the article, I presume you missed this line...

"the left has chosen to either ignore this story altogether or to denounce these findings, which come from the gold standard of economic data, the U.S. Census Bureau.

This hostility to the good news was no doubt triggered by President Trump’s ebullient reaction."

Pete, you are the greatest cherry-picker here. Anything to deny any good news under this administration.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:38 PM   #14
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,272
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/11/tr...ky-5000-boast/
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:57 PM   #15
Pete F.
Master trŚd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Also from the article, I presume you missed this line...

"the left has chosen to either ignore this story altogether or to denounce these findings, which come from the gold standard of economic data, the U.S. Census Bureau.

This hostility to the good news was no doubt triggered by President Trumpís ebullient reaction."

Pete, you are the greatest cherry-picker here. Anything to deny any good news under this administration.
Just picking the rotten cherries from the crate, what Trumplicans think is ebullient is usually puffery at best and sometimes outright lies.

Most everything regarding walls, money and club championships falls in those categories.

Iím still waiting for something to fall in the well thought out and carefully considered category.

So Remember!
Floridaman already gives himself more praise than he deserves.
🍑🤡
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"I would like you to do us a favor though"
Impeached President Donald Trump

"Was there a quid pro quo?.....The answer is yes"
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

"Get over it"
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

"Everyone was in the loop.....It was no secret."
Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Remember Impeachment is a process, it might take 10 or 15 flushes before he's gone..........
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:36 PM   #16
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,821
Jim or anyone else here make 5k more for the same hours worked ? I know i didn't
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:43 AM   #17
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim or anyone else here make 5k more for the same hours worked ? I know i didn't
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
surely you can figure this out....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:44 AM   #18
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim or anyone else here make 5k more for the same hours worked ? I know i didn't
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so your experience, is necessarily the same as everyone elseís?

thatís some great logic there. ďI didnít get a raise, therefore itís not possible that anyone else did.Ē

Wow.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:46 AM   #19
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
surely you can figure this out....
if he could, heís be a republican.

Scott, i didnít give birth this year, therefore itís not possible that anyone else did. Because according to some logic, no two people can have different experiences.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #20
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so your experience, is necessarily the same as everyone else’s?

that’s some great logic there. “I didn’t get a raise, therefore it’s not possible that anyone else did.”

Wow.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
President Donald Trump claims that annual income for the typical household is up by an inflation-adjusted $5,000 since he took office.

is this Trumps you can keep your doctor lies that outrages so much , because I kept my doctor and not the 5k he says I should have .


Typical household or did you miss that part I am a typical household ... is that a NO or a yes that you made 5k more working normal hours ,,, not counting over time .. or is this to hard to figure out?
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #21
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
surely you can figure this out....
easy no one has said they did..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #22
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
President Donald Trump claims that annual income for the typical household is up by an inflation-adjusted $5,000 since he took office.

is this Trumps you can keep your doctor lies that outrages so much , because I kept my doctor and not the 5k he says I should have .


Typical household or did you miss that part I am a typical household ... is that a NO or a yes that you made 5k more working normal hours ,,, not counting over time .. or is this to hard to figure out?
look up ďmedianĒ.

or read chapter 1 of any economics text ever written. What you will
learn, is that when the demand for something goes up, the cost goes up. When the supply of something goes down, the cost goes up. With a growing economy and very low unemployment, that means the demand for labor is increasing, but the available supply is low. That means the cost of labor ( wages) will increase.

You asked, so Iíll answer. Iím making more than $5k more than i did in 2016. So are many, many people.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #23
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

You asked, so Iíll answer. Iím making more than $5k more than i did in 2016. So are many, many people.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
same here....I'm not a union employee whose compensation is tied to some pre-determined formula...sounds like Wayne is expecting a check from the govt. for 5k
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:10 PM   #24
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
President Donald Trump claims that annual income for the typical household is up by an inflation-adjusted $5,000 since he took office.

is this Trumps you can keep your doctor lies that outrages so much , because I kept my doctor and not the 5k he says I should have .


Typical household or did you miss that part I am a typical household ... is that a NO or a yes that you made 5k more working normal hours ,,, not counting over time .. or is this to hard to figure out?
do you see no difference between these statements?

(1) median income is up $5,000,

and.

(2) 100% of households
saw a $5,000 increase.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:28 PM   #25
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
same here....I'm not a union employee whose compensation is tied to some pre-determined formula...sounds like Wayne is expecting a check from the govt. for 5k
Close, about $4500 here
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:12 AM   #26
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Close, about $4500 here
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
the median income could increase because people had more opportunity to work or improved their situation...

Wayne stated

"President Donald Trump claims that annual income for the typical household is up by an inflation-adjusted $5,000 since he took office."

"anyone else here make 5k more for the same hours worked ? I know i didn't"..

this is fundamentally flawed thinking

annual income for the typical household could go up because people got more hours, worked more overtime, got promotions or better jobs, got second jobs as well as raises...

Wayne, do you think you deserve $5000 more for the same hours worked doing the same work and if so why?

Last edited by scottw; 11-16-2019 at 01:25 AM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:20 AM   #27
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Wayne, do you think you deserve $5000 more for the same hours worked doing the same work and if so why?
great question.

One of the kids working for me is making 10k more than she made last year. Same exact job, same exact resopnsibilities and expectations. My company does regular market surveys on salaries, we realized we were underpayng people at her level, so everyone at that level got a big bump. On of the reasons we can afford to do that, is because we now pay a 21% tax rate instead of 35% we had been paying. Tax cuts help, they just do.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #28
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Close, about $4500 here
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
all going to college tuition???
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #29
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
do you see no difference between these statements?

(1) median income is up $5,000,

and.

(2) 100% of households
saw a $5,000 increase.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ok define typical house hold
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #30
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Ok define typical house hold
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It's "median", Wayne, OK? The data I posted said 'median' household income was up 5K.

Here's how you define median. Say there are 150 million households. You rank all of them based on income increase, and the median is the one halfway down/up. "Median" is the observation for which half of households had a larger increase, half had a lower increase. It's not the same as "average" which will be skewed by those at the top. "Median" is more telling than "average".

I'm sorry that not every single household got the same $5,000 raise. But the fact that you didn't, and some others didn't, means exactly zero. Many, many people got that raise and more.

I can admit Trump is a morally bankrupt scumbag, it would be idiotic to deny that. It's equally astounding to deny that the economy is booming, and that regular Americans are benefitting from the boom. You, Pete, Spence cannot admit that, despite how glaringly obvious it is, because you're too consumed with partisanship.

Try. Making. That. Wrong.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com