Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #31
Raven

i consider facebook a threat
Old 02-18-2016, 04:09 PM   #32
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I take Facebook as entertainment....anybody that takes it seriously is a few lures shy of a full tackle box
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-18-2016, 04:10 PM   #33
wdmso

Most deaths from murders are people of the same race or ethnic back ground

Black kill blacks Whites kill whites Hispanics kill Hispanics

and Musulims kill Muslims ( not a race )

occasionally these groups kill people outside their circle and the % is so tiny...

But the Fear that it is going to Happen YOU is Just unrealistic

But its reinforced By propaganda not facts . and the un informed run with it

“Since 9/11, foreign-inspired terrorism has claimed about two dozen lives in the United States. (Meanwhile, more than 100,000 have been killed in gun homicides and more than 400,000 in motor-vehicle accidents.) “
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	risk.chart_2.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	62545  
Old 02-18-2016, 04:56 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Most deaths from murders are people of the same race or ethnic back ground

Black kill blacks Whites kill whites Hispanics kill Hispanics

and Musulims kill Muslims ( not a race )

occasionally these groups kill people outside their circle and the % is so tiny...

But the Fear that it is going to Happen YOU is Just unrealistic

But its reinforced By propaganda not facts . and the un informed run with it

“Since 9/11, foreign-inspired terrorism has claimed about two dozen lives in the United States. (Meanwhile, more than 100,000 have been killed in gun homicides and more than 400,000 in motor-vehicle accidents.) “
"“Since 9/11"

Convenient to start tracking this, the day after 09/11...I bet that if you excluded all the days when there were terrorist attacks, the number of people killed by terrorists would be pretty darn low.

"But the Fear that it is going to Happen YOU is Just unrealistic "

True, for now. And in 1943, the chances of an American civilian being killed by the Nazis or the Japanese was also pretty low. But we were at war then (as we are now), and we had to deal with it.

Also, I'm not worried about a low-level crook in my town getting a nuclear weapon. We need to prevent jihadists from getting one, because if they did, they would use it 10 seconds later.

Street crime happens. But street criminals haven't dcelared war on the law-abiding.

I don't think anyone who wants to be aggressive against jihadists, has ever hinted that we don't also need to be vigilant about everyday, garden-variety street crime. The problem is, liberals are as wrong on how to deal with domestic crime (assume it goes away with gun restrictions, blame white people, and throw money at the problem, and tell the criminals that it isn't their fault), as they are on how to deal with terrorists (pretend the problem doesn't exist).
Old 02-18-2016, 07:16 PM   #35
wdmso

Thanks for making my point unrealistic Fear ... no different then there coming to take our gun you guy's just re package the same BS and yet theses horrendous things you predict never materlize. . Yet you guys do what you do best disregarded the facts 100,000 gun deaths mutiple mass shootings yearly and barely a word ?. but let a Muslim do the shooting and people are instantly More horrified .. and any rational thinking goes out the window why is it America always needs an enemy real or imagined
Old 02-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
Thanks for making my point unrealistic Fear ... no different then there coming to take our gun you guy's just re package the same BS and yet theses horrendous things you predict never materlize. . Yet you guys do what you do best disregarded the facts 100,000 gun deaths mutiple mass shootings yearly and barely a word ?. but let a Muslim do the shooting and people are instantly More horrified .. and any rational thinking goes out the window why is it America always needs an enemy real or imagined
Be cool. No need to waste your time and energy spreading the truth. Just relax and enjoy your life. America doesn't have any enemies. Except, as you point out, the enemy is us.

And that can be "interpreted" literally or nonoriginally. Or any way your discretion desires.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:43 AM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"“Since 9/11"

Convenient to start tracking this, the day after 09/11...I bet that if you excluded all the days when there were terrorist attacks, the number of people killed by terrorists would be pretty darn low.

"But the Fear that it is going to Happen YOU is Just unrealistic "

True, for now. And in 1943, the chances of an American civilian being killed by the Nazis or the Japanese was also pretty low. But we were at war then (as we are now), and we had to deal with it.

Also, I'm not worried about a low-level crook in my town getting a nuclear weapon. We need to prevent jihadists from getting one, because if they did, they would use it 10 seconds later.

Street crime happens. But street criminals haven't dcelared war on the law-abiding.

I don't think anyone who wants to be aggressive against jihadists, has ever hinted that we don't also need to be vigilant about everyday, garden-variety street crime. The problem is, liberals are as wrong on how to deal with domestic crime (assume it goes away with gun restrictions, blame white people, and throw money at the problem, and tell the criminals that it isn't their fault), as they are on how to deal with terrorists (pretend the problem doesn't exist).

Jim these are not new problems terrorism ,Crime they have been around a very long time not just the last 8 year's...

But time and time again these things get packaged as if they showed up Since Obama? the right loves to blame progressives or liberals as if the Republicans have never held the Whitehouse or had any members in congress ...

Then every election cycle they regurgitate How weak we are How our military needs more how tough on crime they are ( currently we have the most combat experienced and ready Military in the world)

And the Democrats regurgitate there own BS as well how things in America are not fair .. Bla Bla Bla

The problem With America there Is no Middle no middle class ! no middle ground !
We have be come a country heading towards the class system ! you stay where you are born rich, middle class or poor ... The American Dream sadly is becoming more of a dream than an actual Concept for success ...

The American Dream is a national ethos of the United States, the set of ideals (Democracy, Rights, Liberty, Opportunity, and Equality) in which freedom includes the opportunity for prosperity and success, and an upward social mobility for the family and children, achieved through hard work in a society with few barriers. In the definition of the American Dream by James Truslow Adams in 1931, "life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement" regardless of social class or circumstances of birth.[1]
Old 02-19-2016, 07:15 AM   #38
buckman

Quote:
Isnt it the Democrats that never let a good crisis go to waste ? Just look at what happens in the media if a policeman shoots a black man .
When in reality your chances of getting shot by a policeman a much less than being shot by a terrorist . Especially if you're a law abiding citizen
I take it you're in the "global warming is the most important threat " camp .
Old 02-19-2016, 08:23 AM   #39
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Isnt it the Democrats that never let a good crisis go to waste ? Just look at what happens in the media if a policeman shoots a black man .
When in reality your chances of getting shot by a policeman a much less than being shot by a terrorist . Especially if you're a law abiding citizen
All politicians use this.. Let's look at the biggest crisis- 9-11. Afghanistan and then let's sneak in a war with Iraq.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:07 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Yet you guys do what you do best disregarded the facts 100,000 gun deaths mutiple mass shootings yearly and barely a word ?"

Barely a word? Says who? You think my side is hesitant to discuss this, or unwilling to offer solutions? Not true. It's just that liberals aren't interested in hearing our proposed solutions, because we talk about things like "responsibility", and the liberal platform makes it clear that they aren't big on the notion of individual responsibility and facing the consequences of one's actions (if you don't believe me, look up where both sides stand on abortion).
Old 02-19-2016, 09:17 AM   #41
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
All politicians use this.. Let's look at the biggest crisis- 9-11. Afghanistan and then let's sneak in a war with Iraq.
Yup, got attacked from someone, let's invade the wrong country We don't need none of that Science stuff w/their big words and fancy charts.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:22 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim these are not new problems terrorism ,Crime they have been around a very long time not just the last 8 year's...

But time and time again these things get packaged as if they showed up Since Obama? the right loves to blame progressives or liberals as if the Republicans have never held the Whitehouse or had any members in congress ...

Then every election cycle they regurgitate How weak we are How our military needs more how tough on crime they are ( currently we have the most combat experienced and ready Military in the world)

And the Democrats regurgitate there own BS as well how things in America are not fair .. Bla Bla Bla

The problem With America there Is no Middle no middle class ! no middle ground !
We have be come a country heading towards the class system ! you stay where you are born rich, middle class or poor ... The American Dream sadly is becoming more of a dream than an actual Concept for success ...

The American Dream is a national ethos of the United States, the set of ideals (Democracy, Rights, Liberty, Opportunity, and Equality) in which freedom includes the opportunity for prosperity and success, and an upward social mobility for the family and children, achieved through hard work in a society with few barriers. In the definition of the American Dream by James Truslow Adams in 1931, "life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement" regardless of social class or circumstances of birth.[1]
"time and time again these things get packaged as if they showed up Since Obama?"

I have never heard anyone say that either terrorism or street crime, originated under Obama. I will say that the policies Obama endorses, make both of those things worse. He inherited a stable Iraq, pulled out against the advice of many, which allowed ISIS to form, and now that region is far worse off than when he took office. As far as crime goes...we have newly elected liberal mayors in NYC and Chicago...and murders are through the roof. WDMSO, I follow the evidence, and I base my conclusions on evidence, and form my opinions on evidence. Most of our inner cities have been controlled by Democrats for 50 years. It's not working. Look at NYC. In the 1980's, it was a war zone. Rudy Guiliani gets elected, imposes conservative anti-crime principles, and we saw a huge drop in murders - a HUGE drop. Then they elect a liberal twit, who does away with everything Rudy did, and immediately, murders are way up. How else can those facts be interpreted, other than my conclusion that Rudy was right, and Deblasio was wrong? Please tell me, what other conclusion is there? Because I honestly don't get how anyone can deny the reality that's staring us in the face. It's not theory, we have actual, empirical evidence. If muderers went down under Deblasio, I would arrive at a different conclusion...but they didn't, they skyrocketed.

"the right loves to blame progressives or liberals "

I don't think conservatives are always right - not by a long shot. I am pro gay marriage, and I think we need more common sense inour gun laws - not more laws necessarily, but ones that make more sense.

Extremism exists on both sides, and is rarely productive.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:00 AM   #43
spence

Quote:
As far as crime goes...we have newly elected liberal mayors in NYC and Chicago...and murders are through the roof. WDMSO, I follow the evidence, and I base my conclusions on evidence, and form my opinions on evidence.
Here's some evidence Jim...

In 2014, De Blasio's first year as mayor there were 333 homicides in NYC, about the same number at the end of Bloomberg's stint.

In 2015 the number of homicides "went through the roof" with a recorded 339 homicides.

That's a YoY increase of .98%
Old 02-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Here's some evidence Jim...

In 2014, De Blasio's first year as mayor there were 333 homicides in NYC, about the same number at the end of Bloomberg's stint.

In 2015 the number of homicides "went through the roof" with a recorded 339 homicides.

That's a YoY increase of .98%
Spence, I gotta tell you, I'd be a lot more inclined to respond to your posts, if you would shoe me the same courtesy, and explain why Hilary wasn't lying (as she claims she wasn't) when she said she came under sniper fire? if you won't respond, and we all see you won't, can you at least tell us why you won't respond? The woman just said on TV that she doen't believe she has ever told a lie.

In any event...in this article, which isn't exactly flattering to Rudy G, admits that when he was mayor, violent crime dropped by 56% in NYC...not bad.

http://www.businessinsider.com/criti...-theory-2013-8

And in this article, they say murder rates for 2015 (which wasn't final when the article was written) were upo 8% over 2014...

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/articl...s-his-analysis

Spence, can you name an urban city, long-controlled by Democrats, that's better off now than it was 50 years ago? Here in CT, I can point to New Haven, Hartford, and Bridgeport. All controlled exclusively by Democrats for 50 years, and all going right down the toilet. Maybe there's no correlation between th eparty in charge and the decline in thos eplaces. But maybe we can try something different, just to see.

Anyway, we all await your honest and thoughtful insight on Hilary's position that she has never told a lie...
Old 02-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #45
wdmso

Quote:
again More of the same almost true statements

seem you buy into "More whites than blacks are victims of deadly police shootings,

Over the span of more than a decade, 2,151 whites died by being shot by police compared to 1,130 blacks. In that respect

However, Brian Forst, a professor in the Department of Justice, Law and Criminology at American University, said this difference is predictable.

"More whites are killed by the police than blacks primarily because whites outnumber blacks in the general population by more than five to one," Forst said. The country is about 63 percent white and 12 percent black.
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...whites-blacks/
Old 02-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #46
wdmso

You think my side is hesitant to discuss this, or unwilling to offer solutions?

Sadly you may be one of the few that see common sense changes are needed

But you get drowned out by those who's Solutions is

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun”
Old 02-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #47
detbuch

Quote:
You think my side is hesitant to discuss this, or unwilling to offer solutions?

Sadly you may be one of the few that see common sense changes are needed

But you get drowned out by those who's Solutions is

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun”
It's obvious Jim has a different theory of interpretation than you. You should save yourself the frustration of trying to persuade him to think like you do and just agree to disagree with him.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #48
spence

Quote:
Anyway, we all await your honest and thoughtful insight on Hilary's position that she has never told a lie...
Why are you infatuated with Hillary Clinton? It's like, obsessive.

Fess up, I think you have a little Hillary shrine on a shelf on the office wall.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #49
buckman

Quote:
again More of the same almost true statements

seem you buy into "More whites than blacks are victims of deadly police shootings,

Over the span of more than a decade, 2,151 whites died by being shot by police compared to 1,130 blacks. In that respect

However, Brian Forst, a professor in the Department of Justice, Law and Criminology at American University, said this difference is predictable.

"More whites are killed by the police than blacks primarily because whites outnumber blacks in the general population by more than five to one," Forst said. The country is about 63 percent white and 12 percent black.
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...whites-blacks/
You missed " the law abiding citizen" part
Old 02-19-2016, 04:56 PM   #50
spence

Quote:
Good point, I'd wager more innocent black people are shot than white at a much higher rate.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:47 PM   #51
buckman

Quote:
Good point, I'd wager more innocent black people are shot than white at a much higher rate.
I didn't say innocent I said law abiding . How's 50 bucks sound ?
Old 02-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
Apparently Caucasions are not taking enough advantage of their white privilege when it comes to getting shot by white police. Probably the white police aren't allowing white folks the equal opportunity to get shot. If we can't somehow instill, maybe through the public school system, a fervent desire in whites to demand greater equality in the shootings, maybe the DOJ can order State and local police departments to also shoot a white person every time they kill a black one. Maybe an executive order might be required. If the government doesn't correct the inequality, white folks should take to the streets and demand equal opportunity to get shot by white policemen. They could probably shut down and burn more towns than blacks can since there are so many more whites. No equal shootings, no justice.

Asians should also join in on the fight for equality to get shot. They get shot by police only at half the rate as whites. Hispanics and Native Americans also need to more greatly assert their right to be shot by white police since they get killed by police at less than half the rate as blacks.

The Guardian newspaper is running a database, The Counted, tracking US killings by police and other law enforcement agencies in 2015, and counted 1140 killed, with rates per million of 2.92 for "white" people, 7.2 for "black", and 3.5 for "hispanic/latino", 1.34 for "Asian/Pacific Islander", and 3.4 for "Native American". The database can be viewed by state, gender, race/ethnicity, age, classification (e.g., "gunshot"), and whether the person killed was armed.[5]

The Government obviously needs to crack down on rampant racist white cop shootings and make them more equal. The problem is so persistent that very severe methods to create equal opportunity to be shot by police, especially white ones, need to be taken.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #53
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The Guardian newspaper is running a database, The Counted, tracking US killings by police and other law enforcement agencies in 2015, and counted 1140 killed, with rates per million of 2.92 for "white" people, 7.2 for "black", and 3.5 for "hispanic/latino", 1.34 for "Asian/Pacific Islander", and 3.4 for "Native American". The database can be viewed by state, gender, race/ethnicity, age, classification (e.g., "gunshot"), and whether the person killed was armed.[5]
What question are you trying to answer?
Old 02-19-2016, 07:32 PM   #54
detbuch

Quote:
What question are you trying to answer?
Why are white people so evil?
Old 02-20-2016, 06:01 AM   #55
wdmso

Quote:

Again a broad statement.. how do you define a Law Abiding Citizen

And since when are the police the judge Jury and executioner of the Law abiding citizens..

I work in a prison with convicted non law abiding Citizens.. and I do not have the liberty to smash them in the face if they don't do as I ask .. and those officers who do lose their jobs rather quickly .. the same should apply to officers on the street

2015 U.S. police killed 776 people, 161 of whom were completely unarmed at the time of their death.

its the unarmed ones thats my concern .. if you have a gun or a knife in your hand or going for it .. Id shoot you dead
Old 02-20-2016, 06:35 AM   #56
buckman

Quote:
Again a broad statement.. how do you define a Law Abiding Citizen

And since when are the police the judge Jury and executioner of the Law abiding citizens..

I work in a prison with convicted non law abiding Citizens.. and I do not have the liberty to smash them in the face if they don't do as I ask .. and those officers who do lose their jobs rather quickly .. the same should apply to officers on the street

2015 U.S. police killed 776 people, 161 of whom were completely unarmed at the time of their death.

its the unarmed ones thats my concern .. if you have a gun or a knife in your hand or going for it .. Id shoot you dead
I would think that you would know sometimes you just what's in the hand or pocket . I agree that on those very few times an officer blatantly kills somebody he should be convicted and get the maximum sentence .
Back to the topic.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:48 AM   #57
wdmso

Quote:
I would think that you would know sometimes you just what's in the hand or pocket . I agree that on those very few times an officer blatantly kills somebody he should be convicted and get the maximum sentence .
Back to the topic.

Kalamazoo, Michigan: Six shot dead in 'random' attacks

Sorry this is off topic he wasn't Muslim or Black
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_88371512_shooter.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	62559  
Old 02-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #58
buckman

Quote:

Horrible and cowardly . Your point ?
Old 02-21-2016, 11:17 AM   #59
detbuch

Quote:

What was the reason the non-Muslim, non-black man killed six people? If motive can be found, steps can be taken to prevent some further murders.

What was the motive for the Muslim couple to kill 14 people and wound 21 others in San Bernadino?

If the motive was religious jihad, what steps can be taken to prevent more of the same?

Should we be concerned about various groups whose words and creeds appear, or specifically say, that those outside their creed are considered inferior and should be subjugated or exterminated? White racists groups, for instance? Would such groups naturally inspire caution and fear in those outside of their belief system?
Old 02-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Horrible and cowardly . Your point ?
He's trying to show that, because not everyone who commits murder is black or muslim, therefore there is no valid reason for whites to be concerned about violence in those groups.

How anyone can think that, is beyond me, but that's what he's trying to show

In Kalamazoo, Mich. I bet blacks don't commit a lot of murder id Fargo, ND either.