Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #61
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What was the reason the non-Muslim, non-black man killed six people? If motive can be found, steps can be taken to prevent some further murders.

What was the motive for the Muslim couple to kill 14 people and wound 21 others in San Bernadino?

If the motive was religious jihad, what steps can be taken to prevent more of the same?

Should we be concerned about various groups whose words and creeds appear, or specifically say, that those outside their creed are considered inferior and should be subjugated or exterminated? White racists groups, for instance? Would such groups naturally inspire caution and fear in those outside of their belief system?
Looking for motive outside a criminal investigation.. tends only to help the living make excuses why things happen (hence the OP) .. knowing ones motive has little impact on future prevention of heinous acts carried out by individuals and gives little solace to The Familys left behind

So preventing Muslims from exercising their 2a right or shooting an AK47 is not prevention.. Its control and discrimination cloaked in doing the right thing
Old 02-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #62
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Looking for motive outside a criminal investigation.. tends only to help the living make excuses why things happen (hence the OP) .. knowing ones motive has little impact on future prevention of heinous acts carried out by individuals and gives little solace to The Familys left behind

So preventing Muslims from exercising their 2a right or shooting an AK47 is not prevention.. Its control and discrimination cloaked in doing the right thing
I'm pretty sure the FBI , most in law enforcement, and anybody with any common sense at all , would disagree .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #63
Sea Dangles

Mental illness is not a crime, however the fact that this country has failed to find a proper way to care for these folks is criminal.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:32 PM   #64
detbuch

Quote:
Looking for motive outside a criminal investigation.. tends only to help the living make excuses why things happen (hence the OP) ..

There's that tricky distinction between "excuse" amd "reason."

knowing ones motive has little impact on future prevention of heinous acts carried out by individuals and gives little solace to The Familys left behind

Using disicretionary interpretation, we can agree to disagree.

So gun laws preventing purchase of "assault" weapons is not prevention, it's discrimination.
Didn't the Muslims who did the killing in San Bernadino think they wre doing the right thing?
Old 02-21-2016, 05:17 PM   #65
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So gun laws preventing purchase of "assault" weapons is not prevention, it's discrimination.
I never said anything about preventing purchase of assault weapons ?

Didn't the Muslims who did the killing in San Bernadino think they wre doing the right thing?
I am sure they did as twisted as it maybe Its control and discrimination cloaked in doing the right thing.. in their twisted minds
Old 02-21-2016, 05:47 PM   #66
detbuch

Quote:
I am sure they did as twisted as it maybe Its control and discrimination cloaked in doing the right thing.. in their twisted minds
You are correct. In their opinion, they were doing the right thing. They no doubt would have considered your mind to be twisted. And would have considered it controlling and discriminatory on your part if you accused them of it. Nothing to fear there. As you said, whites mostly kill whites, blacks kill blacks, and Muslims kill Muslims.

Are Muslims mostly killing Muslims in this country? Or in Europe or Canada? Or in the "Western" part of the world?

Oh, there are those wonderful occasional honor killings.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-21-2016 at 06:58 PM..
Old 02-21-2016, 07:10 PM   #67
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Black kill blacks Whites kill whites Hispanics kill Hispanics

and Musulims kill Muslims ( not a race )
Hispanics aren't a race either.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-22-2016, 08:25 AM   #68
PaulS

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...1&d=1456066205

Does this guy remind anyone else of someone we know?
Old 02-22-2016, 10:03 AM   #69
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...1&d=1456066205

Does this guy remind anyone else of someone we know?
I saw this and thought the same.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:11 AM   #70
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

No comment
Old 02-22-2016, 10:18 AM   #71
PaulS

Our guy is handsomer.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:11 AM   #72
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Mental illness is not a crime, however the fact that this country has failed to find a proper way to care for these folks is criminal.
It's certainly a big part of the problem.

Case in point, there wasn't a single reference to the Kalamazoo Uber shootings on the Sunday shows this weekend by Presidential candidates (or even questions) yet had this guy been a Muslim people would be hoarding bottled water and duct tape.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:47 AM   #73
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Case in point, there wasn't a single reference to the Kalamazoo Uber shootings on the Sunday shows this weekend by Presidential candidates (or even questions) yet had this guy been a Muslim people would be hoarding bottled water and duct tape.
You're right, terrorism is a nonissue ....carry-on
Old 02-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #74
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
You're right, white Christian based terrorism is a nonissue ....carry-on
Fixed it for you
Old 02-23-2016, 09:07 AM   #75
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Fixed it for you
You didn't fix it for me, I'm not nuts .
Old 02-23-2016, 01:13 PM   #76
detbuch

The Muslim clerics of Iran and their Supreme leader are the leading arbiters of Shia Muslim "interpretation" of Islam. Their version of "peace" differs from the Saudi belief (the epicenter of Sunni "interpretation) only insofar as one is Shia and the other is Sunni. And either depiction of peace differs from ISIS (which claims to be Sunni) mostly in degree, and in the desire of any of them to maintain their own power.

The Saudi Shia leaders behead scores of people every year. ISIS (the so-called "extremists" who we want to believe are not truly Muslim) will have to go a long way to equal the number of beheadings executed by Saudi Arabia which we are to believe is the head of a supposedly true and "moderate" form of Islam.

Iran, representing the true and "moderate" Shia version of Islam, has its own hundreds of executions every year. But it also, as a matter of Koranic decree, executes and supports terrorism outside of its borders. In case we have forgotten about the fatwa against Salman Rushdie, it has been reinvigorated and the bounty has immensely grown:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0928f5a6d2287

Of course, we're not supposed to be "biased" against this religion which is the most biased and terroristic one than any other major faith. It is, as we are supposed to believe, the religion of peace.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-23-2016 at 08:43 PM..
Old 02-23-2016, 07:28 PM   #77
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Jeff, to use your words "apples and oranges". Although I am not surprised that you choose to compare a person who lost his marbles to an act which is as heinous as the San Bernadino shootings. It would be difficult to prevent either situation but the intent part of the discussion is evident to most sensible folks.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 02-24-2016, 07:50 AM   #78
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jeff, to use your words "apples and oranges". Although I am not surprised that you choose to compare a person who lost his marbles to an act which is as heinous as the San Bernadino shootings. It would be difficult to prevent either situation but the intent part of the discussion is evident to most sensible folks.
I wasn't comparing Kalamazoo to San Bern.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:17 AM   #79
Sea Dangles

I am not sure what your point was then. We are being targeted in our own country by religious extremists and thousands have lost their lives. If your point is we,as a society have over reacted to these acts of terror then you simply are not paying attention. When a nut like we have in Kalamazoo or the person who shot up the abortion clinic in Colorado does not get the attention from the media that you think they deserve the comparison becomes embarrassing.