Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 10-17-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
MikeTLive
...and in person!

Send a message via ICQ to MikeTLive Send a message via AIM to MikeTLive Send a message via MSN to MikeTLive Send a message via Yahoo to MikeTLive
Unhappy nantucket for a wake and memorial...

I am going to Nantucket tomorrow, returning Tuesday, to attend a wake and memorial service for my new uncle Clay.

Last year at at about this time I was there for his wedding to my aunt. She was never happier that I can remember.

Clay was a wonderful man. He clearly cared deeply for her. He is already being missed.

I dont know why I am writing this. I guess I am just sort of in shock too. Part because she has been through so much over the years and to have this happen now is like a kick in the head.

There is a fine line that seperates a fisherman from a fool standing in water swinging a stick.

will cook for food
...and plugs
MikeTLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:10 PM   #2
MikeTLive
...and in person!

Send a message via ICQ to MikeTLive Send a message via AIM to MikeTLive Send a message via MSN to MikeTLive Send a message via Yahoo to MikeTLive
sittin here. not smart enough to hit the rack.
thinkin I aught to go fishing to clear my head.

Then, I realize that my way of coping is to go fishing.
I will be on Nantucket and if I bring a pole they will kick my ass. How do I explain that fishing is how I deal with the good and the bad in life?

There is a fine line that seperates a fisherman from a fool standing in water swinging a stick.

will cook for food
...and plugs
Old 10-17-2004, 10:19 PM   #3
Notaro
None

Just don't bring it. If you love Uncle Clay, think about him and look at the scenery and find the beauty in the life. After I broke up with my girlfriend who is my friend now, I always look at the dawn and sunset on Riader Nation whenever i Have the chance. I will always think about good things about her and who she is as a person. I almost cried last night while fishing. It's like an analogy...long story. Just think about him and be there for your aunt.
Notaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:30 PM   #4
MikeTLive
...and in person!

Dont worry, there is No way am I gonna bring it.

will cook for food
...and plugs
Old 10-17-2004, 10:31 PM   #5
Notaro
None

Alright, you take care and try to enjoy Nantuckett and the funeral while you can. And just think about your loved ones first.
Notaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:24 AM   #6
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

Sorry to hear the news. I bet your uncle would feel better knowing you are enjoying yourself though. I would bring the rod, and feel things out as you go. Just because you bring it doesn't mean you need to use it, and you might be kicking yourself if the opportunity arises and you are not prepared. Just keep him in your thoughts while you fish.

seals + plovers =
Rappin Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:32 AM   #7
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Unhappy

Bring the rod and wet a line.

Honor the departed, and discreetly go on doing what the living do.
fishweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:01 AM   #8
gilligan
GrayBeards

i agree w/ mikey and weewee

bring the rod. i would bet clay would want ya too. attend to your duties then you can take it all in while doing something you enjoy. sorry to here of your loss.
gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:01 AM   #9
5/0
Eels

MikeTLive

IM truly sorry for you loss.
I just had a similar experience with my Uncle.

Did your Uncle Clay liked to go fishing?If so,I Don't think he would want you stop doing what helps you to clear your head.
I really don't think your Aunt will think any less of you.
I mean really, these are you cousins & IM sure that they know you & should understand.

People shoudn't judge.(but they do) & if they do.......you can't go through life worrying about what THEY think what is right or wrong.

My .02

5/0

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote