Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-06-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
Nebe

Fake news

If there's one thing that grinds my gears it's fake "news". I would hope that one day anything that is stamped with the term "news" should be 100% accurate. Much like the labeling of organic food.

I'm happy to see a story that addresses this

The rise and rise of fake news
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-37846860
Old 11-06-2016, 10:28 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I would hope that one day anything that is stamped with the term "news" should be 100% accurate.
maybe....some day...in.....utopia....
Old 11-06-2016, 10:39 AM   #3
Nebe

I just wonder how many people don't realize that there is nothing that says news has to be true.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-06-2016, 10:47 AM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
I just wonder how many people don't realize that there is nothing that says news has to be true.
Well . . . it's all relative . . . depends on context . . . and intent . . . if you didn't intend your fake to be a lie, then it's OK.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
deep thinking today
Old 11-06-2016, 11:27 AM   #6
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
deep thinking today
someone has to do it in a world of mouth breathers.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
someone has to do it in a world of mouth breathers.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
Old 11-07-2016, 08:36 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

You mean like Halliburton, all about Oil, and stuff like that?

Agree.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-07-2016, 09:23 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Don't BS me....I get all the real news in my Facebook feed....Its all I need to know about what's going on.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #10
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Don't BS me....I get all the real news in my Facebook feed....Its all I need to know about what's going on.
If it gets made into a meme it goes straight into the history books. Definite facts.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:43 PM   #11
Nebe

There was just an interesting story about fake news on the Esquire site.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #12
wdmso

Trump gets twitter taken away

According to a Sunday report by The New York Times, campaign staff members have taken control of the Republican presidential candidate’s Twitter account in an attempt to keep him from another one of his infamous rants just before voters head to the polls.

http://people.com/politics/donald-tr...aign-managers/

Sadly this isn't fake news
Old 11-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
If it gets made into a meme it goes straight into the history books. Definite facts.
I think they are building a new wing at The Smithsonian dedicated to historical memes.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:59 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
According to a Sunday report by The New York Times, campaign staff members have taken control of the Republican presidential candidate’s Twitter account in an attempt to keep him from another one of his infamous rants just before voters head to the polls.

http://people.com/politics/donald-tr...aign-managers/

Sadly this isn't fake news
sounds kinda like when they had to put Obama on the teleprompter because he kept saying stupid and offensive things and they had to shut his wife up all together due to her acid tongue.....nothing new...
Old 11-07-2016, 05:43 PM   #15
Liv2Fish

This is a scary thing. If you control the entire media and the two federal law enforcement agencies, what can stop you from doing whatever you want? CNN is basically a super pac for the hag.

Hackers have become the new journalists and journalists have become political hacks. WTF.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:03 PM   #16
basswipe

Some deep thinking going on here Nebe...

.....Don't be bogarting,pass it on over.

BTW It was the aliens all along.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:08 PM   #17
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Some deep thinking going on here Nebe...

.....Don't be bogarting,pass it on over.

BTW It was the aliens all along.
Is that what probed your caboose ?
Old 11-08-2016, 04:50 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
sounds kinda like when they had to put Obama on the teleprompter because he kept saying stupid and offensive things and they had to shut his wife up all together due to her acid tongue.....nothing new...
seem your facts dont jive again

but hea if he cant control himself on twitter .. we'll trust him with the Country. thats easy....
Old 11-08-2016, 04:56 AM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Sadly your correct and most memes are from conservative leaning and not correct here is one example .... they left out he hired robbers to steal from the DNC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imageedit_694_7488101880.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	63536  
Old 11-08-2016, 05:28 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
seem your facts dont jive again

but hea if he cant control himself on twitter .. we'll trust him with the Country. thats easy....
I get it...so Trump's twittering is a bigger disqualifier than Hillary's emailing and handling of sensitive information and lack of honesty and transparency in that regard?....makes sense....I personally, could care less about Twitter and anything that happens there...a huge disqualifier for me is someone who's been proven incompetent and completely dishonest when entrusted with authority...that she's yet to be held accountable demonstrates the degree of corruption existing within our government...promoting her is insanity unless you approve of her corrupt style and the further degradation of the stature of our institutions.....however loathsome Trump may be...I "trust" him far more than the Clintons and their hangers on with the office....it's not saying much for either of them, but the Clinton's history of abject corruption with and in everything they have ever touched is nearly as as concerning as the number of supporters who dismiss it all out of hand....

I'll save you the time of a reply....none of the above is factual, Hillary has a great resume and is simply the victim decades of right wing operatives setting her and her husband up to appear that they are corrupt, amoral pillagers of government
Old 11-08-2016, 05:32 AM   #21
Nebe

You would have made a great German in the Late 1930's
Old 11-08-2016, 05:33 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:
You would have made a great German in the Late 1930's
that's original....I don't like Trump...don't plan to vote for him....but for crying out loud....what he writes on Twitter is a problem and everything that we know, not only regarding hillary's email but the rest of the family's dealings is not??

we're electing a president that is supposed to uphold and defend the Constitution and maintain the integrity of our institutions ....she's demonstrated herself incapable of that....Trump sucks but he doesn't have a thirty year track record of government corruption....democrats seem very comfortable with democrat government corruption..you live in RI Eben...you see it every day....I don't believe he'll abuse the office to the degree that the Clinton's have previously and I'm sure are already planning to do

re 1930's germany

if Trump were to win and then betray the public trust...there's a long line of republicans and journalists anxious to hold him accountable

there is clearly no one on the democrat side or in the MSM to hold the Clinton's accountable for any actions,,,that is a frightening prospect

Last edited by scottw; 11-08-2016 at 06:34 AM..
Old 11-08-2016, 08:24 AM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sadly your correct and most memes are from conservative leaning
You mean like these that have come across my Facebook feed in the past 24 hours.....

that's BS and you know it....both sides are equally as guilty of this.

Quote:
they left out he hired robbers to steal from the DNC
....Well they also left out how she bypassed security measures and Ignored classification levels for her convenience....so let's consider that one a wash
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trump 1.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	63537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trump 2.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	63538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trump3.png
Views:	466
Size:	438.7 KB
ID:	63539  

Old 11-08-2016, 08:35 AM   #24
Sea Dangles

Quote:
that's original....I don't like Trump...don't plan to vote for him....but for crying out loud....what he writes on Twitter is a problem and everything that we know, not only regarding hillary's email but the rest of the family's dealings is not??

we're electing a president that is supposed to uphold and defend the Constitution and maintain the integrity of our institutions ....she's demonstrated herself incapable of that....Trump sucks but he doesn't have a thirty year track record of government corruption....democrats seem very comfortable with democrat government corruption..you live in RI Eben...you see it every day....I don't believe he'll abuse the office to the degree that the Clinton's have previously and I'm sure are already planning to do

re 1930's germany

if Trump were to win and then betray the public trust...there's a long line of republicans and journalists anxious to hold him accountable

there is clearly no one on the democrat side or in the MSM to hold the Clinton's accountable for any actions,,,that is a frightening prospect
A rare post worthy of consideration.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:

re 1930's germany

"what he writes on Twitter is a problem and everything that we know, not only regarding hillary's email but the rest of the family's dealings is not?? "

NOW you're coming around to liberalism. You see, we should focus on all of Trump's ethical lapses, and ignore all of Hillary's ethical lapses. Because in that light, you have to admit, she compares favorably!

"democrats seem very comfortable with democrat government corruption.."

Two very, very different sets of rules, that's for certain.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv2Fish View Post
This is a scary thing. If you control the entire media and the two federal law enforcement agencies, what can stop you from doing whatever you want? CNN is basically a super pac for the hag.

Hackers have become the new journalists and journalists have become political hacks. WTF.
Great post. One CNN contributor was also the head of the DNC, who was let go by CNN for emailing Hillary debate questions ahead of time. And she said last night, that "my conscience is clear". This woman, Donna Brazil, cheated, she got caught cheating, and she is still the head of the DNC. She also got caught lying about it, because she had denied sending Hillary the questions.

Also at CNN, you have a high profile host (Chris Cuomo) advising viewers not to pay attention to any network that is giving any coverage to Hillary's hacked emails, because we can't have anything critical being said about her.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:47 PM   #27
Liv2Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Great post. One CNN contributor was also the head of the DNC, who was let go by CNN for emailing Hillary debate questions ahead of time. And she said last night, that "my conscience is clear". This woman, Donna Brazil, cheated, she got caught cheating, and she is still the head of the DNC. She also got caught lying about it, because she had denied sending Hillary the questions.

Also at CNN, you have a high profile host (Chris Cuomo) advising viewers not to pay attention to any network that is giving any coverage to Hillary's hacked emails, because we can't have anything critical being said about her.
Jake tapper is about to be tapped for the unemployment line. Supposedly, he's the source of the leak.

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
Old 11-08-2016, 01:04 PM   #28
FishermanTim

The worst part of this whole election is that even after it is done we will still have to deal with the losing party bitching and moaning about why they lost....

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 11-09-2016, 04:37 PM   #29
basswipe

Quote:
Is that what probed your caboose ?
No,that was WAY more painful.

Or maybe it was all in my head?
Old 11-21-2016, 08:46 AM   #30
PaulS

Raider Ronnie called it.