Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-29-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
and disrespecting the flag and the Military... had absolutely zilch to do with them taking a knee

But many here have jumped thru hoops to make it look like some how it was about that ... funny how that works
Kaepernick's own words: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

The flag is not just a piece of cloth in a certain shape and in various colors. It is a symbol. Colin did not choose to make his protest in a church, or a town hall or public square, or a letter to the Times, or in the halls of Congress, he specifically chose the playing of the national anthem as the time not to "show pride" in the flag, to protest against it and what, to him, it symbolizes.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:01 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Kaepernick's own words: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

The flag is not just a piece of cloth in a certain shape and in various colors. It is a symbol. Colin did not choose to make his protest in a church, or a town hall or public square, or a letter to the Times, or in the halls of Congress, he specifically chose the playing of the national anthem as the time not to "show pride" in the flag, to protest against it and what, to him, it symbolizes.
to bad Kaepernick's not in the NFL and this isn't about his. Taking a knee.

Is its much better to show our respect for the flag and wear it on a bandana or a swimsuit or pair of shorts or an outfit or shoes like Shara Palain... than taken a knee ..??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sarah Palin patriotic shoes.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	64579  
Old 09-30-2017, 05:35 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:

Is its much better to show our respect for the flag and wear it on a bandana or a swimsuit or pair of shorts or an outfit or shoes like Shara Palain... than taken a knee ..??
I believe that would be considered showing pride rather than disdain...I hope she's wearing a star spangled thong too

Last edited by scottw; 09-30-2017 at 05:43 AM..
Old 09-30-2017, 09:48 AM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
to bad Kaepernick's not in the NFL and this isn't about his. Taking a knee.

I don't think the shoes Palin was wearing were actual flags. Nor were they a protest against the flag. If anything, as Scott noted, they were showing a symbolic pride in the stars and stripes. But if you think she was trying to show disrespect for the flag, that's you're opinion. If you think she was protesting the flag and what it represents, then you and Palin are probably not on the same philosophical wavelength. She didn't, as far as I know, make a public statement that the flag represented oppression.

Was your attached photo of Sarah's fashion statement somehow supposed to be evidence that Colin was not protesting the flag and what it represents?
Old 09-30-2017, 08:28 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't think the shoes Palin was wearing were actual flags. Nor were they a protest against the flag. If anything, as Scott noted, they were showing a symbolic pride in the stars and stripes. But if you think she was trying to show disrespect for the flag, that's you're opinion. If you think she was protesting the flag and what it represents, then you and Palin are probably not on the same philosophical wavelength. She didn't, as far as I know, make a public statement that the flag represented oppression.

Was your attached photo of Sarah's fashion statement somehow supposed to be evidence that Colin was not protesting the flag and what it represents?

you and Scott proved my point its all its all perception.. Palain wears it for Marketing the Flag... to promote herself my perception

Scott thinks its pride his perception

I see it as disrespectful to the Nation and Veterans when people in NC were carrying around Nazi flags.. much more so than taking a knee My perception

Trump and many saw it as just a protest but taking a knee those SOB'S!! others perception

Kneel or stand, fly a flag or dont. be a Vet or not . wear flag heels or maybe only on the weekend ,,,If for what ever reason you Have bought into the Narrative that some how your more Patriotic then another American. because you do or did any of those things. your not More Patriotic your just arrogant
Old 09-30-2017, 09:24 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
you and Scott proved my point its all its all perception.. Palain wears it for Marketing the Flag... to promote herself my perception

Scott thinks its pride his perception

I see it as disrespectful to the Nation and Veterans when people in NC were carrying around Nazi flags.. much more so than taking a knee My perception

Trump and many saw it as just a protest but taking a knee those SOB'S!! others perception

Kneel or stand, fly a flag or dont. be a Vet or not . wear flag heels or maybe only on the weekend ,,,If for what ever reason you Have bought into the Narrative that some how your more Patriotic then another American. because you do or did any of those things. your not More Patriotic your just arrogant
There is no need for "perception." I quoted Koepernick's reason in his own words. Your perception doesn't agree with his words.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:45 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:

I see it as disrespectful to the Nation and Veterans when people in NC were carrying around Nazi flags..
I googled "Charlottesville Protest" and viewed all of the images just out of curiosity as I didn't pay much attention to the whole thing...I counted exactly "1" Nazi flag, lots of confederate flags which you almost never see in the south and lots of fools dressed like it's halloween....there were three images containing the nazi flag but it was the same guy in each and I'm pretty sure if there were Nazi flags everywhere there would have been photographers flocking to capture the imagery...personally, I'd ban the Nazi flag as it's symbolism is nauseating and the regime the it stood for had no redeeming value...the person carrying that flag should probably be institutionalized for serious mental illness...but we don't do that any more...we put them on the street so that some can show up at rallies with Nazi flags and so others can get elected to Congress etc..

Last edited by scottw; 10-01-2017 at 04:11 AM..