Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-02-2021, 03:00 PM   #211
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
my suggestion is that, according to MY INTERPERATION OF the transcript of the call, Biden knew in July that things weren’t going well. yet he told america that all
was swell, and obviously he had no plan to deal with things deteriorating.

And got stripers said multiple
times, that any idiot could have foreseen that it would have turned into a mess. so if any idiot should have foreseen it, maybe biden could have thought about that scenario. Came together pretty fast for nobody having thought they would eventually have to do a NEO, didn't it?

you’re saying there was no way to predict the mess. got stripers said any idiot should have seen it coming. if GS is right, Biden failed to plan for what he should have seen coming.

Again, i’m not speculating, i’m going by MY INTERPERATION OF the transcript. i’m sorry if the physical evidence supports that biden knew 5 weeks ago that it wasn’t good, i’m sorry if that upsets you. But whether you happen to like it or not, Biden said in july it wasn’t going well.

Your moronic speculation that republicans don’t actually care about people
left behind, tells us how indefensible you know your position is.
Steven Miller: "Resettling [Afghans] in America is not about solving a humanitarian crisis; it’s about accomplishing an ideological objective to change America,”

Who are the private groups trying to get those people out right now? Lots of evangelical christians like glen beck, who i think is kooky, but he’s over there trying to get people (Christians only need apply)
out. And Eric Prince who had seats at $6500, but what's money? I doubt george soros is doing the same. so who really cares, and who doesn’t?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ah, George Soros aka the bogeyman for the right, the evangelicals are bringing people to Mexico, wonder why that is?

Here's the story of the relentless Republican effort (led by President Trump) to undermine and destroy the programs that help bring Afghan refugees to the U.S.

Over the last decade, Republicans have pushed to intentionally create a massive backlog in the Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) program - the one we use to bring Afghan partners to America, by putting onerous conditions on the applications.

In 2016, Obama asked to increase the cap for the SIV program. Senate Republicans objected.

Then, the Trump Admin started slowing down SIV processing.

When Biden took over, there were 10,000 unfilled visas, despite 17,000 applications in the pipeline.

This dovetailed with the assault by Trump and Republicans to destroy other refugee programs that bring Afghans to the U.S..

Obama admitted over 2,700 Afghan refugees.

Trump admitted 400, because he had dismantled the refugee system. Biden had to rebuild it.

And today Trumplicans are making it clear they will oppose bringing more Afghan refugees to the U.S..

Steven Miller: "Resettling [Afghans] in America is not about solving a humanitarian crisis; it’s about accomplishing an ideological objective to change America,”

Tucker Carlson says the Biden administration is allowing Afghan refugees to enter the US in order "to change our country. They'll never lose another election. That's the point, as you know."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-03-2021, 02:44 AM   #212
scottw

hmmm....

President Biden’s approval rating has cratered to 36 percent among independents after his disastrous handling of the withdrawal from Afghanistan, according to a new NPR/PBS/Marist poll.

how can this happen with the lame stream media constantly reminding the electorate that biden is a fabulous president who only makes good decisions for them ??????

are these independents actually watching Faux news and being brainwashed into thinking like $ucker carlson ?????

we need to send paid volunteers door to door to "speak" to these people and make them understand that their thinkers aren't thinking correctly!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2021, 03:06 AM   #213
scottw

this is pretty funny....

WASHINGTON Apr 4, 2007 An apparently botched message during a widely discouraged visit by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to Syria this week has U.S. officials criticizing rogue efforts at diplomacy among U.S. politicians.

State Department officials said Thursday they made it quite clear they did not want Pelosi to visit Syria, a nation that is listed as a state sponsor of terror and is home to terror group Hezbollah, which started a low-grade war with Israel last summer.

Even The Washington Post editorialized in Thursday editions that “Ms. Pelosi's attempt to establish a shadow presidency is not only counterproductive, it is foolish.”

‘Not a good idea’: Pelosi condemns bipartisan Afghanistan trip
August 25, 2021

Pelosi on Wednesday referred to it as a “freelance” trip and said she issued a written statement shortly after to send a message to lawmakers not to follow their actions.

Pelosi said congressional trips to Kabul would distract from the State Department
Old 09-03-2021, 04:58 AM   #214
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
hmmm....

President Biden’s approval rating has cratered to 36 percent among independents after his disastrous handling of the withdrawal from Afghanistan, according to a new NPR/PBS/Marist poll.

how can this happen with the lame stream media constantly reminding the electorate that biden is a fabulous president who only makes good decisions for them ??????

are these independents actually watching Faux news and being brainwashed into thinking like $ucker carlson ?????

we need to send paid volunteers door to door to "speak" to these people and make them understand that their thinkers aren't thinking correctly!!!!!!

OMG random poll has his numbers dropping a few points below Trumps highest throughout his term, thanks some earth shattering news.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:19 AM   #215
wdmso

I guess I need to put things into a bigger picture for conservatives and their Responses to events

trump trying to get dirt on Biden from a foreign Nation Response nothing burger

Trump siding with Putin response nothing burger

trumps love affair with Kim. Response Nobel prize

4 SF a troops killed in tongo tongo abuse. Response. Where’s Niger ?

Trumps dealing with Covid and 40000 deaths on his watch, response operation warp speed a vaccine most Trump supporters won’t take and he’s not responsible no screams of he’s got blood on his hands or he should resign.. nope it was MAGA 2021 all aboard

Trumps constant claims of voter fraud before during and after the election his attamepts to de certify the election with out Republicans and the events of Jan 6th. Response let’s suggest it no different than Antifa and BLM riots

Trump negotiations with the Taliban. Response Great success!!

Republicans as a whole and the rise of the delta , in the unvaccinated ! response politically attack mask wearing again and embrace any treatment other than the vaccines

Fast forward to Biden.

Key stone pipe line. Response OMG he just kill oil independence ( FYI pipe line never built)

Immigration response omg back to invasions and caravans

Ransom ware attacks on private companies omg Biden’s fault or China joe

Afghanistan and 15 marines Kia.120k out of the country and harms way possibly a 100 American left. Response resign Biden has blood on his bla bla bla

The right has ZERO intellectual Honesty left . It’s all about outrage 100 percent of the time

Of course the withdrawal of Afghanistan could have looked more dignified but let’s be honest the rights main focus is that it wasn’t dignified.. they wanted some how to turn a 20 years negative into a positive by trying to sell a better outcome to a solution they wanted no part of on Jan 1st

They do it daily ! they sell imaginary solutions to their base , from election law changes solely because Trump lost
To passing laws that have their enforcement mechanisms is any private citizens in the USA can use civil ligation against anyone they think violated a law ( more like campaign aid)

but everyone else is crazy. Ya ok
Old 09-03-2021, 05:33 AM   #216
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

I guess I need to put things into a bigger picture for conservatives

thanks for clearing all of that up
Old 09-03-2021, 05:34 AM   #217
wdmso

Quote:
hmmm....

A blip on the radar for most but popcorn to you

Trump’s average approval rating across his term, 41.1%

And yet Biden's approval rating has fallen to a new low of 43 per cent

I am not to worried about independent voters . I don’t see this pushing them towards Trump supported candidates… their a more pragmatic bunch then the avg Republican voter
Old 09-03-2021, 06:21 AM   #218
scottw

Quote:

trump was beaten mercilessly, daily by the media & friends....biden gets a tongue bath.....when you consider that....looks like a great approval rating for trump...not so good for weekend-at-biden's

you are full of whataboutisms...thought we banned those?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	68323  

Last edited by scottw; 09-03-2021 at 06:28 AM..
Old 09-03-2021, 07:13 AM   #219
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
trump was beaten mercilessly, daily by the media & friends....biden gets a tongue bath.....when you consider that....looks like a great approval rating for trump...not so good for weekend-at-biden's

Wow, it’s always someone else’s fault, couldn’t be Tweety’s

Democrats have nothing comparable to the CNP, Leadership Institute, TPUSA, ALEC, Federalist Society and College Republicans. They’re all propaganda machines consistently churning out your thoughts for you, cited as truths by right wing media

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-03-2021, 08:04 AM   #220
Jim in CT

Quote:
A blip on the radar for most but popcorn to you

And yet Biden's approval rating has fallen to a new low of 43 per cent

I am not to worried about independent voters . their a more pragmatic bunch then the avg Republican voter
If you think independents are practical, then you would be worried if you were smart. Those practical voters will be choosing between a spend-crazy, abortion-crazy, green new deal-crazy,defund-the-police, open borders, "no such thing as biological gender" liberal (no idea who it will be, I don't think Biden runs again, and they can't run Harris who polled at 1% when she ran)...

against Ron Desantis (probably), who kept his state's businesses open, kept his kids in school, and yet has death rates nowhere near what we see in blue states like NY, his state might have the best state economy in the country, people and businesses can't move there fast enough, his state isn't seeing a surbe in violent crime that we see in blue states. And no state income tax. Yes, God forbid we have more of that...

What do you expect a practical voter will base his vote on?

I'm curious to see how the media will align against Desantis. Some are calling him "governor death sentence" (ha ha that's a good one), despite the fact that his death rates are lower than NY, which was led by the guy that EVERYONE in the media said was "the gold standard" of leadership.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:04 AM   #221
Jim in CT

Quote:

do you think Biden runs in 2024?
Old 09-03-2021, 08:28 AM   #222
wdmso

Quote:

funny you post trump was beaten mercilessly as your counterpoint then complain about whataboutisms .. ?
Old 09-03-2021, 08:30 AM   #223
wdmso

Quote:
do you think Biden runs in 2024?
I doubt Biden or Trump will run in 2024 and I doubt Harris will get the nomination..
Old 09-03-2021, 08:32 AM   #224
Jim in CT

Quote:
I doubt Biden or Trump will run in 2024 and I doubt Harris will get the nomination..
I am inclined to agree. Which means the nominee will be a deep back-bencher, because there isn't anyone else great on the horizon. So they'll dust off Beto Oroarke and Pete Buttigieg and Bloomberg.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:36 AM   #225
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
If you think independents are practical, then you would be worried if you were smart. Those practical voters will be choosing between a spend-crazy, abortion-crazy, green new deal-crazy,defund-the-police, open borders, "no such thing as biological gender" liberal (no idea who it will be, I don't think Biden runs again, and they can't run Harris who polled at 1% when she ran)...

against Ron Desantis (probably), who kept his state's businesses open, kept his kids in school, and yet has death rates nowhere near what we see in blue states like NY, his state might have the best state economy in the country, people and businesses can't move there fast enough, his state isn't seeing a surbe in violent crime that we see in blue states. And no state income tax. Yes, God forbid we have more of that...

I'm curious to see how the media will align against Desantis. Some are calling him "governor death sentence" (ha ha that's a good one), despite the fact that his death rates are lower than NY, which was led by the guy that EVERYONE in the media said was "the gold standard" of leadership.
You’re watching too much Fox
Florida 3.3 M dead 15324 per 100K
NY 2.3M dead 11749 per 100K
Is the rest of what you get fed as far off as that, responsible voters would look.
Cuomo is gone, the Dems don’t put their sexual predators on a pedestal and worship golden statues of them.
The rest of your spoon fed propaganda is the weak attempt of the far right to paint Biden as other than a centrist.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-03-2021, 08:39 AM   #226
wdmso

Quote:

Ron Desantis started way to early and it blowing up in his face he has done nothing to pull independants towards him he Has done just the opposite ..

Jim independents dont buy your nonsense of spend-crazy, abortion-crazy, green new deal-crazy,defund-the-police, open borders, "no such thing as biological gender"

Most independents are pragmatic nothing you wrote scares them their not gullible and already knew all this when they Voted for Biden ! and not trump or did you miss that?
Old 09-03-2021, 08:59 AM   #227
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ron Desantis started way to early and it blowing up in his face he has done nothing to pull independants towards him he Has done just the opposite ..

Jim independents dont buy your nonsense of spend-crazy, abortion-crazy, green new deal-crazy,defund-the-police, open borders, "no such thing as biological gender"

Most independents are pragmatic nothing you wrote scares them their not gullible and already knew all this when they Voted for Biden ! and not trump or did you miss that?
"Ron Desantis started way to early "

Covid started when it started, he had to start managing. The fact that TONS of people and businesses are moving there, what does that tell you about how people view the way he is running his state?

"Jim independents dont buy your nonsense of spend-crazy, abortion-crazy, green new deal-crazy,defund-the-police, open borders, "no such thing as biological gender"

Sure they do, because those are all things that todays democrat party advocates for. The only people who deny that, are irrational kool aid drinkers.

"Most independents are pragmatic nothing you wrote scares them"

Again, why are people moving from blue states to red states? Or am I making that up?

The reason why the entire media spends 24 hours a day lying about what whish side believes, is because very few people are on board with the current liberal agenda.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:38 AM   #228
wdmso

found this interesting seeing the narrative of everyone knew coming from the Right

We've now heard from the UK's Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who is in Pakistan as part of efforts to secure safe passage for Britons and others trying to leave Afghanistan.

At a press conference in Islamabad, Raab says there was "common widespread surprise" at the pace of the Taliban's takeover of Afghanistan.

Even the Taliban were "taken by surprise" at the speed, he says. The militants took control of Kabul on 15 August, ahead of the scheduled withdrawal of foreign troops at the end of the month.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:05 AM   #229
Jim in CT

Quote:
found this interesting seeing the narrative of everyone knew coming from the Right

We've now heard from the UK's Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who is in Pakistan as part of efforts to secure safe passage for Britons and others trying to leave Afghanistan.

At a press conference in Islamabad, Raab says there was "common widespread surprise" at the pace of the Taliban's takeover of Afghanistan.

Even the Taliban were "taken by surprise" at the speed, he says. The militants took control of Kabul on 15 August, ahead of the scheduled withdrawal of foreign troops at the end of the month.
Got Stripers said any idiot would have seen it coming. i guess that’s too high of a hurdle for Biden.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #230
Jim in CT

Quote:

we also saw the transcript of a call between biden and the afghan president, where biden said it wasn’t going well.

you tell me, which is more pertinent in terms of what Biden should have known…what Biden himself said in July, ow what the UK Fireign secretary ( who you never heard of until today) says he knew.

Biden said in July that it wasn’t going well. But he told americans it was going well.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:28 AM   #231
Pete F.
Canceled

Within two presidential election cycles, much of the south will be blue. As former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams told the New York Times: "The Sun Belt expansion (by Democrats) is what will drive the next thirty years of elections."

Demographers and political pros have been watching and discussing these trends for a decade. Now the data may finally be about to deliver results, starting in the fall. In other words: the Democrats long nightmare in the Sun Belt may be, at last, coming to an end.

These states aren't turning blue because conservatives are suddenly discovering their inner AOC. The shift is driven by demographics—what demographers call "generational replacement," urbanization, and increasingly, the migration of blue state residents to red states. Worryingly for Republicans, these new arrivals have brought their voting habits and blue policies with them. Author Kristin B. Tate calls it the "liberal invasion of red state America." She believes that companies and people are fleeing high tax/low-growth blue states for low tax/high-growth red states. She says, "Harris County (Houston) where I live has absorbed a huge number of people from California. A middle-class family can afford a home here."

Welcome to the Great Migration 2.0, one that may give the Democrats an electoral advantage that could last for generations to come. (See map at end of story.)

To understand what's really going on, we spoke to a dozen experts and dove deep into the data. Working with data provided by William H. Frey, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and author of Diversity Explosion, we looked at twenty years of migration by state, and compared that to changes in presidential voting patterns using data from the website 270toWin. And finally, we studied migration patterns by age from a database at the University of Wisconsin.

What we found is not great news for the Grand Old Party.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #232
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Within two presidential election cycles, much of the south will be blue. As former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams told the New York Times: "The Sun Belt expansion (by Democrats) is what will drive the next thirty years of elections."

Demographers and political pros have been watching and discussing these trends for a decade. Now the data may finally be about to deliver results, starting in the fall. In other words: the Democrats long nightmare in the Sun Belt may be, at last, coming to an end.

These states aren't turning blue because conservatives are suddenly discovering their inner AOC. The shift is driven by demographics—what demographers call "generational replacement," urbanization, and increasingly, the migration of blue state residents to red states. Worryingly for Republicans, these new arrivals have brought their voting habits and blue policies with them. Author Kristin B. Tate calls it the "liberal invasion of red state America." She believes that companies and people are fleeing high tax/low-growth blue states for low tax/high-growth red states. She says, "Harris County (Houston) where I live has absorbed a huge number of people from California. A middle-class family can afford a home here."

Welcome to the Great Migration 2.0, one that may give the Democrats an electoral advantage that could last for generations to come. (See map at end of story.)

To understand what's really going on, we spoke to a dozen experts and dove deep into the data. Working with data provided by William H. Frey, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and author of Diversity Explosion, we looked at twenty years of migration by state, and compared that to changes in presidential voting patterns using data from the website 270toWin. And finally, we studied migration patterns by age from a database at the University of Wisconsin.

What we found is not great news for the Grand Old Party.
I for one, think the GOP should just disband. I mean if Stacey Abrams says it's over, there can be no other outcome. She's rational and brilliant, not even a little bit nutty.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:51 AM   #233
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
OMG random poll has his numbers dropping a few points below Trumps highest throughout his term, thanks some earth shattering news.
yup...definitely don't let it ruin your weekend
Old 09-03-2021, 10:54 AM   #234
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Democrats have nothing comparable to the CNP, Leadership Institute, TPUSA, ALEC, Federalist Society and College Republicans. They’re all propaganda machines consistently churning out your thoughts for you,

pretty sure I've never read anything from anyone listed above and I'm not sure what some of those letters are, I'l ask Wayne but you are probably right they probably have more reach than NBC,CBS,CNN,NPR,MSNBC,NYT,WAPO,ALJEZZERA

last time I was in a airport recently...they were running Federalist Society News on all of the tv screens...I was shocked
Old 09-03-2021, 10:57 AM   #235
scottw

Quote:

Biden said in July that it wasn’t going well. But he told americans it was going well.

pretty sure, in that call.... the president told weekend-at-biden's exactly what was going to happen with the taliban and biden responded by checking his watch
Old 09-03-2021, 11:17 AM   #236
Jim in CT

Quote:
pretty sure I've never read anything from anyone listed above and I'm not sure what some of those letters are, I'l ask Wayne but you are probably right they probably have more reach than NBC,CBS,CNN,NPR,MSNBC,NYT,WAPO,ALJEZZERA

last time I was in a airport recently...they were running Federalist Society News on all of the tv screens...I was shocked
we all take our talking points from those outfits. which no one has ever heard of.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:19 AM   #237
Jim in CT

Pete, is MSNBC mainstream? this week, hey said that evangelical christians in the US bear a lot of resemblance to muslim theocracies who impose sharia law.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:55 AM   #238
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, is MSNBC mainstream? this week, hey said that evangelical christians in the US bear a lot of resemblance to muslim theocracies who impose sharia law.
Just what is Sharia Law?
In Arabic, the term sharīʿah refers to God's immutable divine law and is contrasted with fiqh, which refers to its human scholarly interpretations.

Do many white evangelical Christians believe the Bible is the ultimate law by which to govern? And that it supersedes any law written by Man.

If there was a conflict between God’s law and Man’s law, a Christian would be advised to keep God’s Law. It would be better to go to jail than to rot in Hell. — Truthinlove.com

God said it. I believe it. That settles it.

In the Moral Majority’s founding treatise, they were very clear in their belief that God’s law trumps Man’s law, a Christian form of Sharia law. To them, it was imperative to highjack every means of forcing Man’s law to mirror God’s law with patience (they have been at this for over forty years), surgical political strategies (Citizens United, gerrymandering), and utter ruthlessness (encouraging conspiracy theories and sedition from the pulpit.)
This is why so many white evangelicals justify voting for Donald Trump. After almost forty years, their goal of making the United States a theocracy ruled by God’s law was within reach. Because of Mitch McConnell’s block of judicial confirmations in the United States Senate, federal judicial benches around the country sat vacant. With a transactionally conservative President, a takeover of the liberal federal judiciary was within reach, not only to overturn Roe v Wade, but to enact a raft of Bible-based nationwide legislation. Trump further validated evangelical Christians by elevating one to vice-president; he never questioned their candidates for federal judicial appointments; and he paid lip service to their importance.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-03-2021, 11:59 AM   #239
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
we all take our talking points from those outfits. which no one has ever heard of.
You consistently quote them

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-03-2021, 12:01 PM   #240
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I for one, think the GOP should just disband. I mean if Stacey Abrams says it's over, there can be no other outcome. She's rational and brilliant, not even a little bit nutty.
What party do the two senators from Georgia belong to?

Lets Go Darwin