Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-17-2018, 05:58 AM   #1
Jim in CT

kavanaughs accuser comes forward

from an ethical and feminist perspective, the democrats were very sleazy holding onto this during his fbi background check and the entire hearing ( though likely the gop would have done the same). from a political perspective, it was brilliant.

if the gop ignores this, it gives the dems something else to include in their message in their midterms, namely, that they will try to decrease our take home pay, and they care more about assault victims ( though not enough to report it within two months of receiving the complaint).

politically...well done.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-17-2018 at 06:30 AM..
Old 09-17-2018, 06:41 AM   #2
Nebe

I like how republicans can still support sexual abusers when they are republicans but can move to impeach a president who had consensual relationships .....

Stay classy
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-17-2018, 07:00 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I like how republicans can still support sexual abusers when they are republicans but can move to impeach a president who had consensual relationships .....

Stay classy
he’s not a sexual abuser. there has been an accusation. there could have been an investigation, but the dems in congress held into it for political reasons. is that classy nebe? how does kavanaugh go about defending himself? there weren’t video cameras everywhere back then.

meanwhile the democrats are +8 in the latest nationwide generic
poll, and that is increasing. the have serious, serious momentum.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:01 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

Stay classy
and clinton was impeached and disbarred, for lying under oath, not for cheating.

clinton was also accused not just of assault, but of rape.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-17-2018 at 07:38 AM..
Old 09-17-2018, 07:37 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

politically...well done.
because in American politics...thanks primarily to the dems over the years...there are no rules, no decency.... no low that is ever too low too low if the result is "well done" politically....it's only "ends justify the means"....repubs better know and understand this and declare war...
Old 09-17-2018, 07:49 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
because in American politics...thanks primarily to the dems over the years...there are no rules, no decency.... no low that is ever too low too low if the result is "well done" politically....it's only "ends justify the means"....repubs better know and understand this and declare war...
allnthat matters is that they win, how they win is meaningless. the gop understands we’ll enough to nominate the only presidential candidate who had any chance of weathering this storm.

did this woman ( a democrat college professor naturally) tell anyone at the time? and can someone ask diane feinstein why she sat on this until the last minute of the hearing?

it’s also worth noting that as far as i know, law enforcement has decided there’s nothing there.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:07 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Using a Spence line: Some people are saying that Fienstein had this information for months and sat on it. If this is true that she waited isn't that hypocritical that she wants justice?

Using a Spence line: I'm hearing that the accuser is a super progressive SJW type which further offers the chance this is a ruse.

In High School I was accused of raping a girl at a dance. I was the primary subject for 4 or 5 days. I was half a mile away drinking (somewhat legally) with my HS Crush and several of our friends when this "rape" happened. So I know "girls" can lie, she eventually admitted she'd made it up. I also know enough of "boys" can lie about stuff like this too.

Do I think that girl that accused me falsely over 30 years ago rehabilitated herself? Sure hope so. She almost ruined my life at that point. If she ran for office or were to appointed to a court - should I bring this forth?

Are we going to hold allegations from High School as tests of character today?

How many of you fine folks of superb character going to stand up to your screwing up as a teenage boy in High School?

Lastly. Seems like EVERYTHING Democrats do is like a tantrum of a 4 year old. We're gonna die if this happens. OMG Handmaidens Tale. If you don't agree with me you are a Nazi. You are all Fascist.

No matter WHO or what, I no longer think Dems cannot be trusted. The way Dems act it is impossible to know if they are telling the truth or lying. Reps are not much better but noit as bad as Dems.

I don't think we can fix this. I hope I am wrong.

Quote:

Stay classy

How is he a sexual abuser?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Using a Spence line: Some people are saying that Fienstein had this information for months and sat on it. If this is true that she waited isn't that hypocritical that she wants justice?

Using a Spence line: I'm hearing that the accuser is a super progressive SJW type which further offers the chance this is a ruse.

In High School I was accused of raping a girl at a dance. I was the primary subject for 4 or 5 days. I was half a mile away drinking (somewhat legally) with my HS Crush and several of our friends when this "rape" happened. So I know "girls" can lie, she eventually admitted she'd made it up. I also know enough of "boys" can lie about stuff like this too.

Do I think that girl that accused me falsely over 30 years ago rehabilitated herself? Sure hope so. She almost ruined my life at that point. If she ran for office or were to appointed to a court - should I bring this forth?

Are we going to hold allegations from High School as tests of character today?

How many of you fine folks of superb character going to stand up to your screwing up as a teenage boy in High School?

Lastly. Seems like EVERYTHING Democrats do is like a tantrum of a 4 year old. We're gonna die if this happens. OMG Handmaidens Tale. If you don't agree with me you are a Nazi. You are all Fascist.

No matter WHO or what, I no longer think Dems cannot be trusted. The way Dems act it is impossible to know if they are telling the truth or lying. Reps are not much better but noit as bad as Dems.

I don't think we can fix this. I hope I am wrong.

How is he a sexual abuser?
Very, very sorry you went through that John.

I am not sure it's fixable either. We need ethical leaders in both parties who would truly rather lose honorably than win by cheating. It's hard to imagine getting to that point, from where we are.

Funny that the accuser didn't care that Kavanaugh was nominated to he DC Court of Appeals.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:45 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Here's what should be th eend of this. The accuser named a witness to the assault. The witness has come forward and vehemently denied that the assault took place.

This is all a joke. A pathetic joke.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/john-...-of-misconduct
Old 09-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Funny that the accuser didn't care that Kavanaugh was nominated to he DC Court of Appeals.
Probably wasn't aware until his nomination made big news.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:50 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Probably wasn't aware until his nomination made big news.
OK. Well the one person who the accuser says saw the whole thing, denies it vehemently.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:51 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
from an ethical and feminist perspective, the democrats were very sleazy holding onto this during his fbi background check and the entire hearing ( though likely the gop would have done the same). from a political perspective, it was brilliant.

if the gop ignores this, it gives the dems something else to include in their message in their midterms, namely, that they will try to decrease our take home pay, and they care more about assault victims ( though not enough to report it within two months of receiving the complaint).

politically...well done.
It could have also been held on the request of the accuser. I doubt anyone wants to step into the spotlight like this...they could have held it back until they needed it as a measure of last resort.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
It could have also been held on the request of the accuser. I doubt anyone wants to step into the spotlight like this...they could have held it back until they needed it as a measure of last resort.
Fair enough.

The accuser claims to have told a psychiatrist there were 4 people in the room, her letter to Feinstein says there was one person in the room, and that one person denies that there was an assault. There is no credibility here, none, although something else can come to light.

In every possible sense except the political, this is, as you would say, a nothingburger, a non-starter. Unfortunately for Kavanaugh and his kids, the political sense is all that matters now.

He still gets confirmed, and then the party of the Clintons and the Kennedys will tell America that they care about chivalry.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:57 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

I am not sure it's fixable either. We need ethical leaders in both parties who would truly rather lose honorably than win by cheating. It's hard to imagine getting to that point, from where we are.
We need term limits and to take the money and the domination by lawyers out of politics.
It is that simple.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-17-2018, 09:03 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
We need term limits and to take the money and the domination by lawyers out of politics.
It is that simple.
Agreed.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:11 AM   #16
spence

Quote:
The accuser claims to have told a psychiatrist there were 4 people in the room, her letter to Feinstein says there was one person in the room, and that one person denies that there was an assault. There is no credibility here, none, although something else can come to light.
The psychiatrist rapidly writing things down could have simply made a mistake. I think the fact that there is 6 year old documentation of an event makes it unlikely the entire thing is a fabrication although it also doesn't mean it's true. She reportedly passed a polygraph test also.

That the witness denies it doesn't kill the story as he has every motive to lie.

That being said, given how hard these guys partied in school it's possible neither remembers anything about it.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
The psychiatrist rapidly writing things down could have simply made a mistake. I think the fact that there is 6 year old documentation of an event makes it unlikely the entire thing is a fabrication although it also doesn't mean it's true. She reportedly passed a polygraph test also.

That the witness denies it doesn't kill the story as he has every motive to lie.

That being said, given how hard these guys partied in school it's possible neither remembers anything about it.
Is it also possible that this is pure political BS?

"That the witness denies it doesn't kill the story as he has every motive to lie."

He does? He was a witness not a participant.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #18
spence

Quote:
Is it also possible that this is pure political BS?
Unlikely for the reasons I cited above.

Quote:
He does? He was a witness not a participant.
Sure, he wrote a book that goes into their their hard partying days. If it could have resulted in an assault that doesn't look good for him.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Unlikely for the reasons I cited above.

Sure, he wrote a book that goes into their their hard partying days. If it could have resulted in an assault that doesn't look good for him.
Do you even walk upright? Or when you walk, are you bent 45 degrees to the left?

So we are all responsible for the actions of those who drank with us in high school? If I'm at a party hanging out with my friends, and someone who I have nothing to do with commits a crime, that says something about me? What, exactly?
Old 09-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
The nominee is portrayed as a threat to Roe V Wade, so the left also has every motive to lie and derail his nomination.

The FBI does a background check on the nominee. Why wasn't the letter given to the FBI, at that time?
Old 09-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #21
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
It is that simple.
Personal donations of $100 max. No Corps, No PACs, no Unions

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-17-2018, 10:31 AM   #22
spence

Quote:
So we are all responsible for the actions of those who drank with us in high school? If I'm at a party hanging out with my friends, and someone who I have nothing to do with commits a crime, that says something about me? What, exactly?
If the accuser's account is true he would have been complicit in a crime.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:32 AM   #23
spence

Quote:
The FBI does a background check on the nominee. Why wasn't the letter given to the FBI, at that time?
How would she have known the FBI was performing a background check? Even then, if he wasn't charged at the time the FBI wouldn't have had anything to find, it's a background check for items on the record.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:36 AM   #24
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Personal donations of $100 max. No Corps, No PACs, no Unions
Tell that to Citizens United.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #25
Slipknot
Super Moderator

https://af-mg.com/2018/09/17/breakin...was-the-judge/

I bet there is a LOT more to the story than any speculation here on SB.com

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:39 AM   #26
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
It is that simple.

when we elect enough to pass a term limits bill, that might happen, but until then those leeches will continue to vote themselves raises. So how do we the people get term limits? Drain the swamp? It's not going to happen overnight

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
How would she have known the FBI was performing a background check? Even then, if he wasn't charged at the time the FBI wouldn't have had anything to find, it's a background check for items on the record.
The accuser would not have known. But Senator Diane Feinstein knows, and she had the letter since July.

Kavanaigh has gone through six different background checks in his years of service.

"it's a background check for items on the record"

And you know this how, exactly? They don't make any additional inquiries? And IF that's true, that's more reason for Feinstein to have gotten this on the record before they started the check.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:56 AM   #28
spence

Quote:
And you know this how, exactly? They don't make any additional inquiries? And IF that's true, that's more reason for Feinstein to have gotten this on the record before they started the check.
There's only so much research they can do...what are they supposed to interview every person he's ever had contact with?
Old 09-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
There's only so much research they can do...what are they supposed to interview every person he's ever had contact with?
I agree they can't spend 100 years looking., But it sounds like you completely made it up, when you said they can only investigate what's already on the record.

I doubt anyone, on either side, would consider it frivolous to investigate a sexual assault complaint. Not yet anyway, but in short order, your side will make sexual assault accusations as utterly meaningless as they have already made racism accusations.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:10 AM   #30
scottw

Quote:

Not yet anyway, but in short order, your side will make sexual assault accusations as utterly meaningless as they have already made racism accusations.
yup....weapon of the left