Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-04-2019, 06:20 AM   #121
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
ummmm...he didn't mention either of those
He’s saying that electric hybrid engines are worse than regular engines.

However... pure electric cars if run off of electricity generated by wind or solar would be a far different story.

But of course Jim has to co e up with some argument that contradicts the progressive agenda of green energy and then has to point to a “but Obama” fact.

Predictable and boring.
Toodles.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-04-2019, 06:52 AM   #122
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
He’s saying that electric hybrid engines are worse than regular engines.

However... pure electric cars if run off of electricity generated by wind or solar would be a far different story.

But of course Jim has to co e up with some argument that contradicts the progressive agenda of green energy and then has to point to a “but Obama” fact.

Predictable and boring.
Toodles.
I didn't come up with anything, some scientists did. Tel me why this study is wrong?

https://truepundit.com/electric-car-...D-1Er1MqmZXfak

But Obama, waaah! If you don't like being pointed out for hypocrisy,, don't engage in hypocrisy.

Regarding the environment, we have to be thoughtful, that's all I'm saying. It turns out that lithium batteries aren't organic. Al Gore forgot to mention that when he wrote the book that the sheep bought and made him a billionaire.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-04-2019 at 06:58 AM..
Old 05-04-2019, 06:57 AM   #123
Jim in CT

Quote:
Solar and wind renewables are bad for the planet? You need to get your head examined
Did I mention solar and wind? Or did I say hybrid vehicles?

To have enough panels to generate electricity, would require more space than there is in the entire state of CA.

The problem is, solar panels and wind turbines aren't all that efficient, and only work at all, when the sun is shining and the wind is blowing. That's not the answer.

An article written by a greenie who TIME magazine called "a hero of the planet"...he lays out the case why nuclear is far superior for the planet.

https://quillette.com/2019/02/27/why...OpIW4YqOo0CRSw
Old 05-04-2019, 07:17 AM   #124
Nebe

Cherynobyl and Fukushima have certainly improved our quality of living....
Old 05-04-2019, 07:23 AM   #125
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
who has their heads in the sand? it was just shown that electric/hybrid vehicles generate far more co2 than diesel engines.

so obama gave huge tax credits to incentivize wealthy people to buy hybrid vehicles, and in doing so, harm the environment.

the us isn’t the pollution problem. China is.

And for christ’s sake, the soaring economy isn’t just good for me and
my kids. why do you have to deliberately diminish and trivialize it that way? it’s helping almost all of us.

i care about the environment as much as you.
I didn’t say you have you head in the sand, but out President clearly does and his policies, appointees and deregulation show that.

Pretty sure I didn’t imply the economy isn’t just good for you and your kids either, boy aren’t we getting touchy.

When more and more climate disasters decimate entire cities and surrounding communities, who do you think picks up the tab? Flooding out west has never in recorded history reached those levels and that is a trend, so we can pay the tab in painful reactionary bandaids or formulate a way to address it long term. Both ways aren’t cheep, one is short sighted and the other will take bold legislation. I’m not saying the the new green deal is the answer, but look what we did when the Russians beat us into space, innovation can happen quickly with the right push.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:24 AM   #126
Jim in CT

Quote:
Cherynobyl and Fukushima have certainly improved our quality of living....
I didn't say nuclear is perfect. I said that according to a guy that TIME called a hero of the planet, nuclear is "better" than wind/solar. Not perfect, but better. Less intrusive. Less damaging.

Solar panels would require a massive amount of space to put the panels (you see Nebe, when you build things like solar panels, they have to be put somewhere, we can't just stack them on top of each other), which would require killing god knows how any animals.

You don't understand the difference between the words "perfect", and "better". That's your issue.

Read the article. Tell me why he's wrong. "I don't like his conclusions", doesn't make them wrong.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:26 AM   #127
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Pretty sure I didn’t imply the economy isn’t just good for you and your kids either, boy aren’t we getting touchy.

When I mentioned the economy, you said "Good for you and maybe your kids".
Old 05-04-2019, 07:27 AM   #128
scottw

Quote:

Flooding out west has never in recorded history reached those levels and that is a trend

which is how long?
Old 05-04-2019, 07:28 AM   #129
scottw

Quote:
that's a good one
Old 05-04-2019, 07:32 AM   #130
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When I mentioned the economy, you said "Good for you and maybe your kids".
Boy do really need to type out all the infered mean? Ok here it is since apparently it escaped you, it’s good for most middle and upper class families, but in the future..........
Old 05-04-2019, 07:34 AM   #131
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
which is how long?
Weather records go back 137 years, is that far enough to trend correctly for you🙄🙄
Old 05-04-2019, 07:36 AM   #132
scottw

Quote:
Weather records go back 137 years, is that far enough to trend correctly for you🙄🙄
wow?!?!
Old 05-04-2019, 07:36 AM   #133
Jim in CT

Quote:
Boy do really need to type out all the infered mean? Ok here it is since apparently it escaped you, it’s good for most middle and upper class families, but in the future..........
The tax cuts and elimination of regulations, were bad for the environment?
Old 05-04-2019, 07:39 AM   #134
scottw

Quote:
....IT'S GOOD FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS TO WORK
Old 05-04-2019, 07:40 AM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:
Flooding out west has never in recorded history reached those levels and that is a trend, so we can pay the tab in painful reactionary bandaids or formulate a way to address it long term. Both ways aren’t cheep, one is short sighted and the other will take bold legislation. I’m not saying the the new green deal is the answer, but look what we did when the Russians beat us into space, innovation can happen quickly with the right push.
Show me the proof that if more people walked to work and had solar panels, that the flooding out west would not have happened.

I completely agree that we are seeing more severe weather events.

"innovation can happen quickly with the right push"

Whoever invents practical, affordable green energy, will be the worlds wealthiest person immediately. That's more than enough push. The problem isn't lack of incentive. The problem is physics and nature. You can't make something happen by wanting it badly enough.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:42 AM   #136
Jim in CT

Quote:
....IT'S GOOD FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS TO WORK
Hey I don't want to work, and it's good for me too. It's good for just about all of us. But we aren't supposed to say that, because of TDS.

You can help more people when you're flush with cash, then you can when you're broke.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:07 AM   #137
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I went off thread, like that’s the first time anyone has hyjacked a thread. The economy is good, but if we F the environment it won’t mean jack s*it to the generations that follow. Deregulation, appointing people who’s company’s couldn’t care less to head the EPA, pulling out of the Paris accord, Trump has taken a lot of steps to show he really only cares about his term period.

Next time I will start a fresh thread so as to not confuse.