Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-25-2017, 03:55 AM   #1
wdmso

fireworks with Trump in DC

OMG if Obama or Hilary were still in Office OMG but theres no partisan slant here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e01e3c3476b695991e79e6f4e55b90fb--cricket.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	64661  
Old 10-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
Jim in CT

If anyone else was president, they wouldn't get attacked for making condolence calls to gold star families. When Trump says "he knew what he was signing up for", OBVIOUSLY he means that the guy knew it was dangerous, but did it anyway, in a selfless act of service. It's a compliment. But the sick-in-the-head lunatics, are claiming that Trump meant that in a derogatory sense? Something like "he knew the risks, so don't complain to me that he died?" kind of a thing?

This congresswoman Wilson, is a real piece of work. She's equal parts crazy, hate-filled, and stupid. She makes Maxine Waters look like Margaret Thatcher, and that's really saying something. Her, Deb Wasserman Schultz, and Alan Greyson...they really know how to elect Democrats in Florida, boy...
Old 10-25-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
Jim in CT

If Trump passes tax reform leading up to the midterms, and people see that it's putting more money in their pockets, the left will go bonkers. Absolutely bonkers, anything to avoid making it seem like Trump actually accomplished something.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If anyone else was president, they wouldn't get attacked for making condolence calls to gold star families. When Trump says "he knew what he was signing up for", OBVIOUSLY he means that the guy knew it was dangerous, but did it anyway, in a selfless act of service. It's a compliment. But the sick-in-the-head lunatics, are claiming that Trump meant that in a derogatory sense? Something like "he knew the risks, so don't complain to me that he died?" kind of a thing?He couldn't even remember the soldiers name. If it was Pres. Obama, you would be calling him a POS.

This congresswoman Wilson, is a real piece of work. She's equal parts crazy, hate-filledShe hasn't called anyone a POS like you have., and stupid.Taking a play right out of Trumpville - attack the messenger. She makes Maxine Waters look like Margaret Thatcher, and that's really saying something. Her, Deb Wasserman Schultz, and Alan Greyson...they really know how to elect Democrats in Florida, boy...
General Kelly lied about what she said (and why would he even need to bring that speach up as it had nothing to do with the soldier). Don't anyone hold their breath for an apology.

Was this the "have you no decency" moment?
Old 10-25-2017, 11:06 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
General Kelly lied about what she said (and why would he even need to bring that speach up as it had nothing to do with the soldier). Don't anyone hold their breath for an apology.

Was this the "have you no decency" moment?
As for not remembering the soldier's name...if that happened (and we don't know if it did, do we?), that doesn't surprise me at all with Trump. He, of all presidents, should probably not be making these calls, he's too prone to being offensive.

But Paul, a lot of hay is being made about Trump's saying "he knew what he signed up for". He meant that as a compliment for Christ's sake. But they can't treat Trump fairly, it's not possible.

I'd be critical of Obama for mis-remembering a name. And I'm critical of Trump for it.

"She hasn't called anyone a POS like you have". No, but she called Kelly a racist. For an expression (empty barrels make the most noise) that she was too stupid to comprehend.

"attack the messenger" - this particular messenger deserves attacking. She took a compliment that Trump paid the man, and used it as a club against him for political reasons. Wilson is lower than dogsh*t. Trump tried to pay a condolence call, that's all he did. His chief of staff advsed him not to make these calls, but he feels obligated to do so. That's not a character flaw. Trump has a lot of flaws. This isn't one of them. Wilson is exploiting the widow's agony to attack Trump.

"General Kelly lied about what she said". He was wrong about what she said. Lying involves intent. You can read his mind? She made a self-congratulatory statement at a building dedicated to slain FDBI agents. He thought she bragged about getting funding, when in fact she bragged about naming the building. But he absolutely deserves criticism for getting it wrong. And Wilson absolutely belongs in a nuthouse.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #6
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
OMG if Obama or Hilary were still in Office OMG but theres no partisan slant here

61 million Americans (me included) don’t give a #^&#^&#^&#^& about what you think 👍
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
61 million Americans (me included) don’t give a #^&#^&#^&#^& about what you think 👍
just fell outta my chair......
Old 10-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
61 million Americans (me included) don’t give a #^&#^&#^&#^& about what you think ��

and 65,844,954 million me included are shaking our heads seems you all didn't think at all
Old 10-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
If Trump passes tax reform leading up to the midterms, and people see that it's putting more money in their pockets, the left will go bonkers. Absolutely bonkers, anything to avoid making it seem like Trump actually accomplished something.
do you really think its going in your pocket do you qualify to be taxed under the death Tax ? NOPE nor do 99% of those who voted for him but they dont care
Old 10-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
If anyone else was president, they wouldn't get attacked for making condolence calls to gold star families. When Trump says "he knew what he was signing up for", OBVIOUSLY he means that the guy knew it was dangerous, but did it anyway, in a selfless act of service. It's a compliment. But the sick-in-the-head lunatics, are claiming that Trump meant that in a derogatory sense? Something like "he knew the risks, so don't complain to me that he died?" kind of a thing?

This congresswoman Wilson, is a real piece of work. She's equal parts crazy, hate-filled, and stupid. She makes Maxine Waters look like Margaret Thatcher, and that's really saying something. Her, Deb Wasserman Schultz, and Alan Greyson...they really know how to elect Democrats in Florida, boy...
Trump in no way meant to disrespect that women true .. but your covering for him again its what he did after thats the issue ..

All he had to do was say he was sorry it was taken that way .. but no he has no leadership skill he attacked

1st he bluffs (gets caught ) then he lies (phase 2) gets caught then attacks (phase 3) and Phase 4 all his minions once again tell us what he meant (please note current responses ) (i cant take credit for the phases but their spot on)

Last edited by wdmso; 10-25-2017 at 03:34 PM..
Old 10-25-2017, 04:13 PM   #11
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
and 65,844,954 million me included are shaking our heads seems you all didn't think at all

No.
You 65,844,954 #^&#^&#^&#^&ing idiots are in denial that he won and will do anything to obstruct.
Fortunately for you idiots you got most every member of the senate & Congress, Democraps & republican and the POS media working every day to obstruct
Old 10-25-2017, 05:53 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
No.
You 65,844,954 #^&#^&#^&#^&ing idiots are in denial that he won and will do anything to obstruct.
Fortunately for you idiots you got most every member of the senate & Congress, Democraps & republican and the POS media working every day to obstruct
Seems you slept the past 8 years if you think what your seeing is obstruction . I guess Trump hasn't done or said anything we've seen on TV it's a stunt double and all fakenews... and we're the idiots
Old 10-25-2017, 06:25 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
do you really think its going in your pocket do you qualify to be taxed under the death Tax ? NOPE nor do 99% of those who voted for him but they dont care
If he lowers the corporate tax rate, that's good for everyone who works in the private sector. It's not just the death tax. Get some facts.

"Trump in no way meant to disrespect that women true .. but your covering for him again its what he did after thats the issue .."

I am not covering for him. What he did after, was defend himself against dishonest attacks from a moron congresswoman...

"All he had to do was say he was sorry it was taken that way"

True, but he's too thin-skinned to handle it with maturity.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:43 AM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
If he lowers the corporate tax rate, that's good for everyone who works in the private sector. It's not just the death tax. Get some facts.

"Trump in no way meant to disrespect that women true .. but your covering for him again its what he did after thats the issue .."

I am not covering for him. What he did after, was defend himself against dishonest attacks from a moron congresswoman...

"All he had to do was say he was sorry it was taken that way"

Thats been my point all along he doesn't have the Maturity to be POTUS but no one has an issue with it as long he gives them something they want ... like lowering the corporate tax rate the fact are trickle down economics dont work .. and hows he paying for this ?
Old 10-26-2017, 03:56 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:

.. and hows he paying for this ?
this always amused me....
Old 10-26-2017, 03:57 AM   #16
scottw

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1130462]

QUOTE]

the impeachment should be great theatre
Old 10-26-2017, 06:44 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Thats been my point all along he doesn't have the Maturity to be POTUS but no one has an issue with it as long he gives them something they want ... like lowering the corporate tax rate the fact are trickle down economics dont work .. and hows he paying for this ?
One thing obama and trump have in common is thin skin, and the inability to resist striking back at any and all criticism. How many times did obama attack foxnews?

Trump will hopefully pay for the tax cuts the way that bill Clinton did...by stimulating the economy. Bill Clinton cut tax rates. But tax revenue collected, went up. Then bush cut taxes more, and tax revenue collected, went up again.

Tax cuts do not always cost money. They can be stimulative. The issue is, they aren't always stimulative, and it's hard to predict. Here in CT, we increased income tax rates last year, and tax revenue collected, dropped like a rock. Because people were sick of paying taxes.

Tax revenue does not always go up or down with tax rates. If you cut tax rates, yet tax revenue collected goes up, how is that not a good thing??
Old 10-26-2017, 07:03 AM   #18
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
There is unfortunate slant everywhere, particularly in the media, college campuses, and other places of great (disproportional?) influence

Quote:
If he doesn't fix the deficit portion he is no better than the EFFING USELESS predecessor(s).

Quote:
The Electoral College Does not Care

Quote:

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-26-2017, 07:34 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
There is unfortunate slant everywhere, particularly in the media, college campuses, and other places of great (disproportional?) influence

If he doesn't fix the deficit portion he is no better than the EFFING USELESS predecessor(s).

"If he doesn't fix the deficit portion he is no better than the EFFING USELESS predecessor(s). "

Very true.

Bush's AIDS relief plan in Africa, is credited with saving over one million lives. A million. I'm damn happy and proud to pay my share of that cost, and I think that alone, makes it tough to say he was useless. He gets almost zero credit for that, because the media and the left, hate his guts.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:19 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
We all agree he's a baby and a jerk.

But what do you think of a US congresswoman, acting as if Trumps compliment to the gold star widow, was actually an attack? This incident shows the lengths that the left will go to, to attack Trump. Trump made a condolence call, that's all he did, and this hideous gargoyle of a congresswoman tries to exploit the widows agony, to use against trump. All you see is Trumos flaws? Wilson didn't act horribly?
Old 10-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
Thats been my point all along he doesn't have the Maturity to be POTUS

I think you're misusing the notion of presidential maturity. Unless you believe that one can be "immature" about how to do something yet still succeed in doing it. In which case the supposed immaturity is hardly relevant.

Trump certainly was "mature" enough in the down and dirty ways politicians are able to get elected. He seems to be "mature" in the ways of media. How to manipulate it to his advantage. How to provoke into foolishness the media adversaries who wish to destroy him. He seems to have had, or have acquired in office, the historical use of a bully pulpit that was used by powerful Presidents of the past.

No doubt that all creates enemies and condemnations. But those exist anyway. How it all shakes out in the end will determine how presidentially "mature" he was.

As far as some supposed personal maturity, he has succeeded in many ways that most folks have not. Like most folks, he probably has some areas of "immaturity."

but no one has an issue with it as long he gives them something they want ...

Sounds pretty much how most folks have always felt about their President.

like lowering the corporate tax rate the fact are trickle down economics dont work .. and hows he paying for this ?
If you truly believe that "trickle down" doesn't work, then why on earth are you for government trickle down policy? Why do you support or believe in an all powerful central government bureaucracy, which is bigger than any corporation, trickling money down to the masses?
Old 10-26-2017, 02:59 PM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Trump in no way meant to disrespect that women true ..
Maybe someone should tell "The Whacko Kid" that down in Florida. Because she certainly doesn't comprehend that.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-27-2017, 04:01 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Maybe someone should tell "The Whacko Kid" that down in Florida. Because she certainly doesn't comprehend that.
Ahh blame the the women ... who took the call... classic .. and ignore everything Trump said after she said she felt disrespected ...
Old 10-27-2017, 04:05 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
If you truly believe that "trickle down" doesn't work, then why on earth are you for government trickle down policy? Why do you support or believe in an all powerful central government bureaucracy, which is bigger than any corporation, trickling money down to the masses?

Just admit it ,,, who every he slights what ever he does and what ever he says it wont matter..your a Trump Lemming (you got what you wanted a stolen justice )
Old 10-27-2017, 06:39 AM   #25
spence

I think you're missing the bigger story. Kelly had to tell him what to say...
Old 10-27-2017, 07:45 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ahh blame the the women ... who took the call... classic .. and ignore everything Trump said after she said she felt disrespected ...
He is blaming the person that even according to you, mis-characterized what Trump said. You said that Trump's words "he knew what he was signing up for", were in no way disrespectful. But that's exactly what this horse's ass of a congresswoman claimed. She lied, about a condolence call to a Gold Star Widow, in order to attack Trump. She is an unbelievable piece of dirt. She happens to be black and a female, which means nothing to anyone who is rational, but she played the race card, you played the sexist card.

The widow gets a pass. And Trump deserves some criticism for the babylike way in which he handled it. But it never would have happened, if not for this wretched, jackass congresswoman.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:47 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So it' snot a good idea to ask a 4-star general who happens to be a Gold Star dad, how to make a condolence call, to a Gold Star family?

Everything Trump does is wrong, If he says "the Earth is round", that makes him Hitler.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
Just admit it ,,, who every he slights what ever he does and what ever he says it wont matter..your a Trump Lemming (you got what you wanted a stolen justice )
Just admit it . . . you really don't understand how economies work, you just regurgitate political talking points. And it won't matter if a market based policy results in the things you or your parroted sources say would not happen, it won't matter . . . you're an anti-Trump lemming.

Gosh, that was so easy to say. Thanks for showing me how to do it. I usually respond with long, as you put it, "verbal gymnastics" with various historical or philosophical or constitutional arguments ("semantics" according to you).

And what "stolen justice" did I get? Is that verbal gymnastic semantics?
Old 10-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #29
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Kelly probably said something like "These guys know what they can happen and they in a way signed up for this and sadly know this could happen, so here is what I recommend you say to his widow..." followed by something proper and understanding.

And then DJT had flashes of the conversation pop up faster than his filter (hahaha) could process them and the words leapt out of his mouth.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-27-2017, 03:32 PM   #30
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
No, I blamed the woman who USED the call.

You know, the chick in the glitter cowboy hats.....and Trump can't be professional

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."