Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-24-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
Jim in CT

More relevations on Libya

A week after the attack, Ambassador Rice went on 5 Sunday talkshows, andsaid there was no evidence that this was anything other than a spontaneous protest to a movie.

We now know that hours after the attack, a known terroriet group claimed responsibility, and we know that the administration was aware of that claim.

Libya Attack Emails: White House Told Of Militant Claim 2 Hours After Benghazi attack

Likely conclusion: the Obama administration knew they screwed up by denying Stevens the security he asked for (and provided lots of supporting evidence for why he needed it). Rather than admit their mistake (which Obama is not known for doing), they concocted a story to make it look like this was something other than what it was, in the hopes that it would make them look less incompetent.

Hope and change.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
scottw

Ouch...like a Blue Dress.........gotta feeling Clinton's responsible for this one too
Old 10-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
buckman

He just kinda flip flopped a bit
First he called it a terrorist attack them he blamed the movie for 2 weeks and now he claims all along he called it a terrorist attack ( pay no mind to Joe, he's a dope)
I think I have this right ... Spence? Spence?...Spence?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
JohnnySaxatilis

wow the CIA covered something up to save face instead of owning up to the truth. thats never happened before

something clever and related to fishing
Old 10-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Now, now, we can't jump to conclusions here even if there was a live
feed and e mails back to the White House during the attack. We need
to believe VP Joe telling the American people on live TV that he and
Obama were not aware of what was going on at the time.

They just need more time to investigate to be sure they weren't just
hearing or seeing things at the time, at least until Nov 7th.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
Bronko

oh oh....

Emails detail unfolding Benghazi attack on Sept. 11 - CBS News

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 10-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

There will be another shoe to drop on this if Huffington is reporting something unfavorable to the left. There has to be word coming that Romney paid the Libyan group with Chinese money to carry it out.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
There has to be word coming that Romney paid the Libyan group with Chinese money to carry it out.
Stanger things have happened.
Don't ever loose your sens of huma.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
spence

So what's new here we didn't know about last week?

-spence
Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So what's new here we didn't know about last week?

-spence
I don't know is this e mail evidence the White House knew the attacks were not related to a video? They did say on multiple occasions. This "act of terror" was directly related to a protest of a video. Did any one have the e mail evidence? If the e mail is a recent thing doesnt that make the two weeks of lying about it a little more damning? I am asking.

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Old 10-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't know is this e mail evidence the White House knew the attacks were not related to a video? They did say on multiple occasions. This "act of terror" was directly related to a protest of a video. Did any one have the e mail evidence? If the e mail is a recent thing doesnt that make the two weeks of lying about it a little more damning? I am asking.
"Did any one have the e mail evidence?"

yes. everyone in the state department, in the white house, and in the intelligence community, received mutliple emails, within hours of the attack.

Spence, we now have physical, irreutable, undeniable proof strongly suggesting that we knew this was a terrorist attack right off the bat. Obama, Biden, Jat Carney, and Ambassador Rice said for days afterword, that there was no evidence there was a terrorist attack.

This probably costs him the election, and deservedly so.

Suck on that, Spence.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, we now have physical, irreutable, undeniable proof strongly suggesting that we knew this was a terrorist attack right off the bat. Obama, Biden, Jat Carney, and Ambassador Rice said for days afterword, that there was no evidence there was a terrorist attack.
You keep asserting this but it's clearly not true.

I don't know how you get more specific than this:

Quote:
Let me say at the outset that obviously our hearts are heavy this week -- we had a tough day a couple of days ago, for four Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Libya. Yesterday I had a chance to go over to the State Department to talk to friends and colleagues of those who were killed. And these were Americans who, like so many others, both in uniform and civilians, who serve in difficult and dangerous places all around the world to advance the interests and the values that we hold dear as Americans.

And a lot of times their work goes unheralded, doesn’t get a lot of attention, but it is vitally important. We enjoy our security and our liberty because of the sacrifices that they make. And they do an outstanding job every single day without a lot of fanfare. (Applause.)

So what I want all of you to know is that we are going to bring those who killed our fellow Americans to justice. (Applause.) I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished. It will not dim the light of the values that we proudly present to the rest of the world. No act of violence shakes the resolve of the United States of America. (Applause.)

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/13/remarks-president-golden-co
All the emails seem to indicate is that an extremist group took credit for the attack, well duh? Everybody there appeared to know this and a few days later stormed their headquarters.

The narrative here isn't that hard to understand and I'm not quite sure why you're having such a hard time with it.

Oh, wait, I get it now.

-spence
Old 10-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
You keep asserting this but it's clearly not true. I don't know how you get more specific than this: All the emails seem to indicate is that an extremist group took credit for the attack, well duh? Everybody there appeared to know this and a few days later stormed their headquarters. The narrative here isn't that hard to understand and I'm not quite sure why you're having such a hard time with it. Oh, wait, I get it now. -spence
"You keep asserting this but it's clearly not "

You keep focusing on what he said in trhe Rose Garden, and you conveniently ignore everything else that was said for the next 2 weeks. Unfortunately for you and your hero, he really stepped in it, and he did it at a most inconvenient time.

"Everybody there appeared to know this "

When, exactly, did 'everyone' in the administration say out loud that it was a terrorist group that carried out the attack, without subsequently conrtadicting that? Did you hear anything that Jay Carney or Ambassador Rice said, afetr Obama's speech in the Rose Garden?

"I'm not quite sure why you're having such a hard time with it"

As usual, you misunderstand. I'm not having a hard time with this, I am enjoying it thoroughly. You and Obama will be the ones having a hard time with it.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #14
buckman

Don't forget when we were once again "not apologizing " to the world for the "disgusting video"
Old 10-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #15
Bronko

Evidence for a drone(s) tasked to that area starting to emerge.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 10-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
Jim in CT

There's somethig else that surfaced today...shortly aftre th eattack, the US head of counter-terrorism (I htink his name is Olsen) said it was clearly a terrorist attack. It is being reported that the White House told him to back off saying that.

Conclusion: Realizing this was a planned terrorist attack, Obama believed that his critics would conclude the deaths were his fault, since his administration rejected Ambassador Stevens' requests for extra security. So Obama desperately tried to portray this is something other than what it was, so that it wouldn't appear to be his fault.

Let's also remember that the day after the attack, knowing that 4 Americans had just been killed by terrorists, Obama flew to Vegas for a campaign event. Priorities.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #17
Piscator

Quote:
There's somethig else that surfaced today...shortly aftre th eattack, the US head of counter-terrorism (I htink his name is Olsen) said it was clearly a terrorist attack. It is being reported that the White House told him to back off saying that.

Conclusion: Realizing this was a planned terrorist attack, Obama believed that his critics would conclude the deaths were his fault, since his administration rejected Ambassador Stevens' requests for extra security. So Obama desperately tried to portray this is something other than what it was, so that it wouldn't appear to be his fault.

Let's also remember that the day after the attack, knowing that 4 Americans had just been killed by terrorists, Obama flew to Vegas for a campaign event. Priorities.
Don't need this example to conclude that Obama has no sack.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 10-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Another thing...it is now being reported that the firefight within the embassy lasted for at least 7 hours. SEVEN HOURS. Why weren't US military assets immediately deployed? We knew the embassy was being attacked within minutes of teh start of the attack. They had 7 hours to get the cavalry to the embassy, and we did notihng? Stevens and 2 security officers made it to a 'safe room', which is designed as a place to hunker down and wait for help.

Some serious, serious questions need to be asked. Obama is willing to wait until after the election?

Priorities...
Old 10-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #19
spence

Quote:
You keep focusing on what he said in trhe Rose Garden, and you conveniently ignore everything else that was said for the next 2 weeks.
The quote I just posted was from Colorado the next day, not the Rose Garden. The 7 hour timeline has been out for days, I'd encourage you to actually read about it.

I'm not sure you really understand much about the story to be honest.

The email story from today was that someone posted on the extremist groups Facebook page that they were taking credit for the attack. It was then denied by the actual group. The information isn't a clear as you'd like to believe. As Clinton said today, we don't base our intel off of social media.

You're chasing the spin and misinformation like a half-blind horny coon hound in a pen full of meth addicted rabbits.

What you don't like you don't refute, rather you just ignore.

Sad.

-spence
Old 10-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Spence, you're right. Nothing to see here. don't give it a second thought. I hope Obama doesn't think this is an issue, either...
Old 10-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #21
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Spence with all due respect. In the Reuters article it was stated (paraphrasing) the administration did not want to point fingers immediately regardless of the FB and Twitter posts by al Shari (sic) . Why then did they go and skewer a US citizen to the world for two weeks? semantics aside the whole thing stinks! Hiding that this was an act perpetrated by an Al Qaeda affiliate was done deliberately. Then once the truth began to trickle out they hang Hillary out to dry.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #22
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Great simile by the way very creative
Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #23
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Another thing...it is now being reported that the firefight within the embassy lasted for at least 7 hours. SEVEN HOURS. Why weren't US military assets immediately deployed? We knew the embassy was being attacked within minutes of teh start of the attack. They had 7 hours to get the cavalry to the embassy, and we did notihng? Stevens and 2 security officers made it to a 'safe room', which is designed as a place to hunker down and wait for help.

Some serious, serious questions need to be asked. Obama is willing to wait until after the election?

Priorities...
Exactly, seven hours to respond and NOTHING !
At the very least after extra security was asked for and denied there should have been a contingency plan put in place if needed.

The fact that taking fire from mortars etc. for 7 hours with rifles the only defense had to be a harrowing experience waiting for help that never came.
That's how we treat our citizens in a known danger zone, defenseless?
There is NO defense for that. Pathetic failure.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #24
buckman

Spence ,
Phony twitter and fb claims don't happen as the attack is occurring!!!!
Use your head man
Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Exactly, seven hours to respond and NOTHING !
At the very least after extra security was asked for and denied there should have been a contingency plan put in place if needed.

The fact that taking fire from mortars etc. for 7 hours with rifles the only defense had to be a harrowing experience waiting for help that never came.
That's how we treat our citizens in a known danger zone, defenseless?
There is NO defense for that. Pathetic failure.
Not only did we leave them essentially defenseless, Obama then spins the response in way that attempts to cover his ass. And 24 hours after the attack, he is in Vegas at a fundraiser.

It is reported that the 2 dead SEALs were found slumped over a machine gun position, and that evidence suggests they fought long aftr they had been wounded by mortar fire.

Unbelievable. There's a whole lot of soldiers that were within 7 hours of that embassy. Fly a helicopter over, announce that anyone who is still visible around the compound in 30 seconds will be strafed with machine gun fire.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #26
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Spence ,
Phony twitter and fb claims don't happen as the attack is occurring!!!!
Use your head man
What he is saying is the group took credit for the attacks on twitter and FB that did happen post attack

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Old 10-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #27
Saltheart

"Act of terror" is the forked tongue way fo not saying "Terrorist Act". The guy who blasted people in the movie theater commited an act of terror. Big difference though between an act of terror and a "Terrorist Act". You don't have to admit you got kicked in the butt by actual terrorists but you get to point at the "act of terror" statement later when you get caught.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Old 10-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
Hiding that this was an act perpetrated by an Al Qaeda affiliate was done deliberately.
I've never seen any evidence that the act was perpetrated by an al Qaeda affiliate. Quite to the contrary, even the House testimony didn't reveal this.

-spence
Old 10-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #29
spence

Quote:
There's a whole lot of soldiers that were within 7 hours of that embassy.
And able to respond in a timely way? Where? How do you know this?

Interesting, now that Romney is getting security briefs he seems to have abandoned his earlier attack.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...-speeches?lite

-spence
Old 10-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #30
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
And able to respond in a timely way? Where? How do you know this?
-spence
If we can't respond anywhere in the world within 7 hours we
might as well just give up.

The real problem here is that with 2 previous attacks on the consulate
and the request for more security being denied, there should have been
a contigency plan in place if it was attacked. Complete failure.

A low flying F18 alone would have scattered them, let alone a few
well placed rockets obtaining targets from the overhead drone.

" Choose Life "