Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 05-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Brady Suspended 4 games

Team fined $1 million and loses a 1st round pick in 2016 and a 4th round pick in 2017

I would be worried if I were Andrew Luck.... This team will go after the Colts star when they meet up in October. Won't even care about the scoreboard, there will be a message delivered.

Waiting for all the Boston thugs to start rioting.........

Spygate payback.

The team should refuse to appear on nationally televised games... Eff the league.....

Haters have their day. Now shut the eff up.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

No Brady, No banner!

Wow, that is brutal. Not a gut punch, more like taken out to the woodshed and the pulp beaten out of them. Yikes!

they are being extra punished for not cooperating, hiding something and also for being in trouble again since spygate.

NFL has no credibility in my opinion

screw the NFL and Goodell

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:56 PM   #3
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

the nfl really effed this up. if they were concerned about their brand godell would have called kraft and told him of this and to look into it...but nooooooooo he had to air the dirty laundry in public. that firm wells hired ALWAYS gets its clients desired results..( like cig smoke doesn't cause lung cancer). brady will appeal for sure. eff godell and the haters.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:13 PM   #4
Piscator

Tom Brady = 4 games for being ”more probable than not knowing about air being taken out of balls by sideline attendants
Big Ben = 6 games for rape
Josh Brent= 10 games for Intoxication manslaughter
”more probable than not knowing about air being taken out of balls = ???:
The Minnesota Vikings = Warning for heating game balls during a cold November game.
The Atlanta Falcons = Loss of 1st round pick for pumping fake crowd noise into the Georgia Dome.

Yea, makes sence....

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:20 PM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Like it or not this Patriots run now has an asterisk next to all of it
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:23 PM   #6
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Like it or not this Patriots run now has an asterisk next to all of it
I'd rather have a run like this with an asterisk than no run at all

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:55 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
I'd rather have a run like this with an asterisk than no run at all
They already have an asterisk, four of them to be precise ****

Wait until the report is forced to undergo scrutiny under appeal.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:19 AM   #8
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
they are being extra punished for not cooperating, hiding something
There is the issue; if Brady's phone had nothing incriminating on it, why hasn't Don Yee released the transcript? I think 4 games for something that lots of teams probably do is extreme, but it seems like something shady was done and covered up, no matter how stupidly the investigation was handled....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #9
Raven

NFL has released a shetstorm of negative Karma that's gonna
catch up to them.... this is a Given
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:08 AM   #10
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
There is the issue; if Brady's phone had nothing incriminating on it, why hasn't Don Yee released the transcript? I think 4 games for something that lots of teams probably do is extreme, but it seems like something shady was done and covered up, no matter how stupidly the investigation was handled....
probably because the players union advised him not to hand over personal texts or emails and I don't blame them.

I think if anything happened in that bathroom, it was McNally on his own checking the balls to be sure they were not 16 psi or something, there is no way Tom asked one of them to lower pressure after the ref approved them. Tom is not a liar, but I think McNally lied. And as far as Brady's comment about not knowing McNally, that was taken out of context by Wells much like a lot of his report was one sided.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #11
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
probably because the players union advised him not to hand over personal texts or emails and I don't blame them.
Maybe, but if his sheets were clean, and this would indicate it played out exactly as you say below, he should release them

Quote:
I think if anything happened in that bathroom, it was McNally on his own checking the balls to be sure they were not 16 psi or something, there is no way Tom asked one of them to lower pressure after the ref approved them. Tom is not a liar, but I think McNally lied. And as far as Brady's comment about not knowing McNally, that was taken out of context by Wells much like a lot of his report was one sided.
That's how you see it. I doubt highly that McNally just took it upon himself to let some PSI off the ball w/o the QB's knowledge.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
I think if anything happened in that bathroom, it was McNally on his own checking the balls to be sure they were not 16 psi or something, there is no way Tom asked one of them to lower pressure after the ref approved them.
Which would be backed up by the texts stating that the refs over inflated balls in the past, which I'm sure Brady threw a fit over.

Here's why the whole story makes no sense. If Brady really was a chronic offender you'd have a lot of people coming out of the woodwork to cash in. Where are they?

And the evidence on the field is clear, ball inflation doesn't seem to have an impact on the quality of his game.

So where's the motive?
Old 05-12-2015, 10:47 AM   #13
spence

http://video.foxnews.com/v/423175954...#sp=show-clips

Destroyed.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #14
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I don't know who wrote this but it sums it up perfectly

"Quarterback A, let’s call him Aaron, admits he likes footballs that have more air pressure in them than the NFL allows and defies the officials to do anything about it. This story is repeated by a network’s No. 1 broadcast team as a funny little anecdote in the middle of a Patriots game, but no one can remember hearing it because it just wasn’t that important. Aaron remains an adored media darling and his coach and team are revered throughout the land.
Quarterback B, let’s say his name is Brad, confesses he shelled out $7,500 in bribes to doctor up the 100 footballs he used when he won a Super Bowl. The universe shrugs and the coach he won it with is the toast of the football broadcasting world.
Quarterback E, Eli, if you will, has equipment guys scour, scrub, soak, season, fold, spindle, mutilate and guard his ‘hand made’ footballs with their lives. He and his coach are the heroes of a nation for the two times they vanquished the evil menace known as the Patriots.
Quarterback P, Peyton, with the management team and Coach Fox committed 3 NFL rule violations: Denver team and coach fined almost 2 million for taping the 49ers' at Wembley Stadium 2010 and violating the NFL Salary Cap rule 2 times
Quarterback T, Tom, may or may not have started the AFC championship game with non-conforming footballs, but once they were removed from the game he went 12-for-14 for 155 yards, two touchdowns and 28 points in a half without them. For that, he and his coach are the cheatingest Cheatriots that ever cheated and there’s talk they should be killed with fire, their fields salted and their families banished from the land. The other Quarterback in that game, Andrew, also used deflated balls. No one seems to care.
Is it unfair? Is there a double or quadruple standard at work here? Absolutely. But like I said before, I’m over wanting the world to like the Patriots. Embrace the hate. Brady will win more games, more playoff games, throw more postseason touchdowns and hades-willing winning more Super Bowls than anyone else. When anyone accuses the Patriots of anything, it’s a scandal. When the rest of the world does it, there’s nothing to see here."

Old 05-12-2015, 04:17 PM   #15
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

The NFL, as an organization is shady. They held onto their tax exempt status until just recently, and only gave it up in order to loosen the faint grasp Congress could hold on them for being such. The move was a PR stunt first and foremost, but now they are no longer required to disclose salaries, like that of the commissioner, who made $44 million in 2012. They are only concerned about their image and only care about protecting those inside the league office. Can't/Won't even adequately address their own players (past or present)with medical issues and head injuries. They suck.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7166020.html
Old 05-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #16
iamskippy

iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #17
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Enjoy it Skippy!
Here is the haters basic MO......

Still sucks to be you when your team hasn't brought it since 1969...................... and I can't hear you........

Last edited by nightfighter; 05-12-2015 at 06:45 PM..