Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 05-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
hq2

North River 'yakkin

Put in at Corn Hill Lane; paddled down about as far as Route 3A. Lot of people out today; passed a bunch fishing, some just paddling. Used sluggos, chunks, T & W, got two schoolies; didn't see anyone else catch much of anything EXCEPT; a 400 pound guy sitting on a chair at the kayak launch caught a nice keeper in 20 minutes (I was out 7 hours!). Go figure!
hq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:28 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I like launching from the Driftway in Scituate! Head out to where North and South rivers converge at 4th cliff.....great area!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:10 AM   #3
beamie

Except for some small schooly fish I have been getting on the sluggos, shads and yozuri crystal minnows the river has been very quiet.

Brought some sea herring up the river on Monday and caught nothing. That tells me the fish are not there yet......still.

Guys always talk about thing being late cause of weather and usually it isn't......but this year this seems absolutely true. The river should be on fire right now with really nice fish from 15 to 35 pounds. Seems to be 2 weeks late at this point.

There is plentyof bait, not many fish. Soon I hope.

Jon, 24' Nauset-Green Topsides, Beamie, North River. Channel 68/69. MSBA, NIBA
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:41 AM   #4
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Use to fish Corn Hill Lane with a fly rod .. clouser's /decievers ,, What Big Fish said .. watch the wind /tide though ,, Can be a rough outing .

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
vineyardblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
I like launching from the Driftway in Scituate! Head out to where North and South rivers converge at 4th cliff.....great area!

3 times
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote