Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-20-2018, 03:11 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Thou dost protest too much

Truth isn't Truth
I think someone is hearing footsteps following him and getting closer
Almost all the tweets now are proclaiming witch hunt, or Muellers angry Democrats (remember the guy who is saying this, was a democrat in 2001)
But he still has time for golf which he has played 3x as much as Obama
Remember he wouldn't have time for golf he'd be so busy being president unlike Obama who spent all his time playing golf.
So far we have spent $75 million for Trump to play golf in less than 2 years and he spent years complaining about Obama when we spent $114 million total in 8 years, I expect it will be $300 milllion for Trump to play and what percentage of that ends up back in his pocket?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Rudy and Donald are beginning to become prime time entertainment.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Truth isn't Truth
I think someone is hearing footsteps following him and getting closer
Almost all the tweets now are proclaiming witch hunt, or Muellers angry Democrats (remember the guy who is saying this, was a democrat in 2001)
But he still has time for golf which he has played 3x as much as Obama
Remember he wouldn't have time for golf he'd be so busy being president unlike Obama who spent all his time playing golf.
So far we have spent $75 million for Trump to play golf in less than 2 years and he spent years complaining about Obama when we spent $114 million total in 8 years, I expect it will be $300 milllion for Trump to play and what percentage of that ends up back in his pocket?
another thou who protests too much, is you. i despised obama, i hated his policies and hated his personality. i didn’t wake up every morning and scour the news looking for negative stuff to post, and i gave him credit when it was due.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:16 PM   #4
Nebe

Truth isn’t truth.... alternative facts.

What’s next? Crimes are not crimes ?
Old 08-20-2018, 05:00 PM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
another thou who protests too much, is you. i despised obama, i hated his policies and hated his personality. i didn’t wake up every morning and scour the news looking for negative stuff to post, and i gave him credit when it was due.
I got a laugh out of that one. You post more here than anybody else. The hypocrisy out of the right is amazing. Let's discuss whiny college students like you bring up frequently. How many times do you compare his saying one thing to trumps saying the same type of thing hundreds and hundreds of times and feel there's an equivalency
Old 08-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Truth isn’t truth.... alternative facts.

What’s next? Crimes are not crimes ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	381
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	65519  
Old 08-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I got a laugh out of that one. You post more here than anybody else.
Pete is in the running and definitely leads in words per post...
Old 08-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Pete is in the running and definitely leads in words per post...
Some of those posts could be published by someone.😊
Old 08-21-2018, 03:48 AM   #9
wdmso

US President Donald Trump has said he is worried he might face perjury charges if he gives statements under oath to the investigation into Russia's alleged role in his election victory.

"Perjury is what they're really worried about," he said, and perjury — "a material representation of fact for the purposes of deception"

Giuliani intentionally spinning a narrative where Trump is being victimized.

(saw this in a tweet)
Since 1965

Democrats (25 years in power):
3 indictments
1 conviction
1 prison sentence.

Republicans (28 years in power):
120 indictments
89 convictions
34 prison sentences.

Remind me again how both parties are basically the same? ...

republicans are still more worried about a blow job in the oval office then the Blow Hard currently in the oval office . its amazing to watch them think everyone's after Trump Just Because.... so lets review its not because he beat Hillary or that he is white or he is a republican or a business man .... Its actually based on what he has said... what he himself has done ,,, what his administration has done (captain of the authoritarian ship) the economy alone is not enough to change the topic or out weigh all the negatives HE and I stress HE creates all by himself the fake news and bias matra is falling on deaf ears only the true base still believes in that , hell they still think Obama wasn't born Here ... MAGA who would have guessed what Trumps again looks likes .... dosn't look good to me

Last edited by wdmso; 08-21-2018 at 04:07 AM..
Old 08-21-2018, 05:26 AM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

This is what you get when you use twitter as a source of "Hard Hitting" journalism

There were 2 democrats convicted LAST YEAR....

Anthony Weiner (D-NY) was convicted of sending sexually explicit photos of himself to a 15-year-old girl and was made to sign the sexual offenders register. (2017)

Corrine Brown (D-FL) was convicted on 18 felony counts of wire and tax fraud, conspiracy, lying to federal investigators, and other corruption charges. (2017)

Pesky Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
US President Donald Trump has said he is worried he might face perjury charges if he gives statements under oath to the investigation into Russia's alleged role in his election victory.

"Perjury is what they're really worried about," he said, and perjury — "a material representation of fact for the purposes of deception"

Giuliani intentionally spinning a narrative where Trump is being victimized.

(saw this in a tweet)
Since 1965

Democrats (25 years in power):
3 indictments
1 conviction
1 prison sentence.

Republicans (28 years in power):
120 indictments
89 convictions
34 prison sentences.

Remind me again how both parties are basically the same? ...

republicans are still more worried about a blow job in the oval office then the Blow Hard currently in the oval office . its amazing to watch them think everyone's after Trump Just Because.... so lets review its not because he beat Hillary or that he is white or he is a republican or a business man .... Its actually based on what he has said... what he himself has done ,,, what his administration has done (captain of the authoritarian ship) the economy alone is not enough to change the topic or out weigh all the negatives HE and I stress HE creates all by himself the fake news and bias matra is falling on deaf ears only the true base still believes in that , hell they still think Obama wasn't born Here ... MAGA who would have guessed what Trumps again looks likes .... dosn't look good to me

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-21-2018, 05:56 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I got a laugh out of that one. You post more here than anybody else. The hypocrisy out of the right is amazing. Let's discuss whiny college students like you bring up frequently. How many times do you compare his saying one thing to trumps saying the same type of thing hundreds and hundreds of times and feel there's an equivalency
lately, i bet i don’t start threads more than anyone else. and my threads aren’t all bashing a specific person on the other side, regardless of what you think. i give credit where it’s due paul.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:33 AM   #12
PaulS

Truth be told you prob. don't start more threads than others now. And the # of threads someone starts isn't really indacitive of anything.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:52 PM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Looks like the witch hunt has eight more convictions and with that and Cohens remarkable comments which implicates Trump in the illegal campaign contributions, I think the risk of severe tweeter storms is imminent. Shelter in place people it’s going to get rough.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:29 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Looks like the witch hunt has eight more convictions and with that and Cohens remarkable comments which implicates Trump in the illegal campaign contributions, I think the risk of severe tweeter storms is imminent. Shelter in place people it’s going to get rough.
Actually that was 16 convictions just today, and Manafort has to face more charges in a DC court.

All these guys Trump says are good people and have done nothing wrong keep going down? What could be going on?
Old 08-21-2018, 08:09 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Yup, I was only counting the eight for pour Paul and I hear now Duncan Hunter and his wife have been indicted, so the list of “good people” that are going down is growing. Who’s betting on another term now? I’m not sure we won’t see a resignation before this term is out, but I’m sure Rudy will give him some grade A legal advice!

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-21-2018 at 08:25 PM..
Old 08-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #16
scottw

we can probably expect lots of rioting and looting, burning cars and arms locked across lanes of traffic by Trump supporters over this verdict ...right??
Old 08-21-2018, 08:55 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
we can probably expect lots of rioting and looting, burning cars and arms locked across lanes of traffic by Trump supporters over this verdict ...right??
Who cares, the President has just been implicated in a federal crime.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:13 PM   #18
Sea Dangles

Over his head
Old 08-22-2018, 04:34 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Who cares, the President has just been implicated in a federal crime.
collusion with Russians?

Last edited by scottw; 08-22-2018 at 04:51 AM..
Old 08-22-2018, 06:15 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
collusion with Russians?
Coming, I’m not looking forward to Pence with glee though
Will come along with bank fraud, tax evasion and more
You do know that conspiracy to commit a felony is a felony
Puts it into the high crimes and misdemeanors arena
I heard that Putin is close to firing Guliani

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-22-2018, 06:20 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Coming, I’m not looking forward to Pence with glee though
Will come along with bank fraud, tax evasion and more
You do know that conspiracy to commit a felony is a felony
Puts it into the high crimes and misdemeanors arena
I heard that Putin is close to firing Guliani
someone has a chubby
Old 08-22-2018, 06:36 AM   #22
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

And yet even after being convicted on eight counts, DJT claims he has been treated unfairly, it’s a sad testament when our president comes down on the side on a convicted felon. What isn’t surprising is the quality of people he surrounded himself with during the campaign and since, with a revolving door back into the private sector or into jail. Mueller won’t indicate, so Trump will continue to stew over what is coming when the final report is presented to Congress. At that point I’d be betting on a resignation to avoid impeachment.

So it’s back to making America great again, starting with reducing emission limits and getting those coal plants firing up again. No problem with funding the wall, he is going to sh*t enough bricks over the next couple months he can build the wall.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-22-2018 at 06:44 AM..
Old 08-22-2018, 06:48 AM   #23
PaulS

All tax paying Americans should be happy when people get arrested for tax fraud. A sad day also for all Americans when people close to our President get arrested.

At Pres. Trump's rally last night they were chanting lock her up and swamp the drain
Old 08-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #24
scottw

here come the pontificators....
Old 08-22-2018, 07:49 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Hannity says "open your handbooks...turn to page 246....and repeat after me"

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #26
spence

Quote:
Pontificate? It is what it is.

Trump has been implicated in the commissioning of a federal crime. His personal attorney has plead guilty to this charge. The odds of this all being made up are not good.

You don't even need to talk about Russian collusion and obstruction of justice any more, that's just icing on the cake. The campaign violations are enough to impeach on their own.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:16 AM   #27
Jim in CT

the midterms are going to be fascinating. i have no idea what’s going to happen nationally in the house, and i’m very curious to see what happens at home in CT, which has been trending right a little, and where people are figuring out where we are ( broke) and how we got here (insane spending).

if the gdp numbers for the 3rd quarter are big, will people care more about the economy, or about trumps lack of ethics? who the hell knows with this guy. every prediction of doom thus far, has been laughably wrong. but this feels different.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #28
scottw

Quote:

It is what it is. you make this up yourself?

You don't even need to talk about Russian collusion and obstruction of justice any more
yup...don't need "russian collusion" anymore
Old 08-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #29
scottw

Quote:

Trump has been implicated in the commissioning of a federal crime.
you must be in your glory this morning....

think you're getting a little ahead of yourself though...I'll give you a pass ...you've been so desperate for so long...those long months in Canada
Old 08-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #30
scottw

former Bill Clinton advisor/pollster wrote this today in The HILL ...just sayin'...some other interesting perspective in there

"Donald Trump should do a better job of picking aides who pay their taxes — but he’s not responsible for their financial problems and crimes. These investigations, essentially based on an opposition-funded dossier, were never anything other than an attempt to push into a corner as many Trump aides and family members as possible and shake them down until they could get close enough to Trump to try to take him down. That’s why so many of his aides, lawyers, and actions in the campaign and in the White House have undergone hour-by-hour scrutiny to find anything that could be colored into a crime, leaving far behind the original Russia-collusion theory as the fake pretext it was. Paying for nondisclosure agreements for perfectly legal activities is not a crime, not a campaign contribution as commonly understood or ruled upon by the FEC"

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...o-set-up-trump