Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-01-2020, 06:12 PM   #1
wdmso

The party of voter suppression

Republicans Seek To Toss Out 127,000 Ballots In Democratic-Leaning Texas County

So let's get this straight. Reublicans want to punish 127 thousands voters for following instructions. And they just happen to be democrats 2 days before an election ..

I guess this is the new America
Old 11-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #2
wdmso

Texas Supreme Court rejects Republican-led effort to throw out nearly 127,000 Harris County votes

Amazing that it even needed to be rejected. Never mind even being considered by Republicans
Old 11-02-2020, 07:35 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Covita and his apparatchiks like Jason Miller aren’t uninformed about how votes are cast, or confused about how long it takes to count them. They know what they’re doing. They’ve given up trying to win the election. They’re trying to lay the groundwork for stealing it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-02-2020, 11:37 AM   #4
wdmso

Pennsylvania Republicans sue to allow poll watchers to cross county lines

Pennsylvania Republicans have filed a lawsuit, arguing that their activists have First and 14th Amendment rights to watch polls anywhere.

they can have poll watchers the state law requires them to be from the county of the pole they want to watch ?
Old 11-02-2020, 01:47 PM   #5
wdmso

Trump campaign senior adviser Jason Miller falsely claimed on Sunday that Democrats would try to "steal" electoral votes after election night if President Trump appears to be ahead,

So now counting all the ballots is Stealing ???
Old 11-02-2020, 04:26 PM   #6
scottw

rut roh.....

"as Democratic former Vice President Joe Biden has faded"....Des Moines Register

look on the bright side...he is inventing some new words ....

I don't know....could go either way but seems like some panic on the left and lots of enthusiasm and confidence on the right....those trump trains look like fun
Old 11-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #7
wdmso

President Trump is doubling down on claims that the results of the presidential election must be known on election night, falsely asserting "that's the way it's been and that's the way it should be."
Old 11-02-2020, 05:02 PM   #8
scottw

biden sounds especially cranky today...maybe he didn't get his nappy time
Old 11-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
rut roh.....

"as Democratic former Vice President Joe Biden has faded"....Des Moines Register

look on the bright side...he is inventing some new words ....

I don't know....could go either way but seems like some panic on the left and lots of enthusiasm and confidence on the right....those trump trains look like fun
Was he going to win iowa or since when does biden needs iowa to win?

So Suggestion of fraud is the right showing enthusiasm and confidence .
Old 11-02-2020, 05:10 PM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Was he going to win iowa or since when does biden needs iowa to win?

I think he was leading there till a couple days ago and....trump surging there could also indicate trump surging in neighboring states...i wouldn't worry though...biden is WAAAAY up according to the experts
Old 11-02-2020, 05:11 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
\

So Suggestion of fraud.....

it's smart to keep a close eye on the democrats...they are pretty desperate and a little unhinged
Old 11-02-2020, 05:23 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
I think he was leading there till a couple days ago and....trump surging there could also indicate trump surging in neighboring states...i wouldn't worry though...biden is WAAAAY up according to the experts
I think a few polls had them tied in Iowa at one point but few expect Biden to win, Trump's simply bribed farmers with tens of billions of dollars.

You're usually an irrational snide drama queen but it seems to be getting worse.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:40 PM   #13
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think a few polls had them tied in Iowa at one point but few expect Biden to win, Trump's simply bribed farmers with tens of billions of dollars.

You're usually an irrational snide drama queen but it seems to be getting worse.
See that,,,,,,bitter, cranky leftist

headline form the Guardian

Trump lead in Iowa poll rattles Democrats

3 days ago US NEWS and World Report JOE BIDEN LEFT IOWA IN February humiliated. He returned Friday in triumph, not only as a Democratic nominee leading in national polls but as a candidate who is now competitive in a state President Donald Trump won handily in 2016. Iowa appeared to be a long-shot for Biden until recently, when polling began to show a dead heat. Some polling has even shown Biden slightly ahead.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-02-2020 at 07:02 PM..
Old 11-02-2020, 05:51 PM   #14
scottw

oh crap

Published 10 hours ago
Biden's lead shrinks in Pennsylvania in final days of race: poll
Both candidates held events in the Keystone State over the weekend

I think biden went to Iowa on friday and pennsylvania over the weekend...you'd think that would have helped him
Old 11-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:

I believe the word is "snarky" ...I have tee shirts
Old 11-02-2020, 06:12 PM   #16
wdmso

A Nevada judge has rejected a lawsuit by President Trump's reelection campaign and state Republican officials seeking to halt mail-in ballot counting in Clark County.

The county, home to Las Vegas, is by far the state's most populous. About 70% of Nevada's voters live in the county, which is "heavily Democratic,"

funny who hasn't commented on theses activities why is that Jim, Scott ,Detbuch ...
Old 11-03-2020, 03:19 AM   #17
scottw

Wayne, you post a snippet of a story that you think supports your narrative....but you completely ignore "the big picture" do you read the stories or just cut and paste the headlines?

Hundreds of lawsuits have already been filed by Democrats, Republicans over the 2020 US election
Posted Yesterday at 10:24pm

Voting lawsuits pile up across US as election approaches
Democrats and Republicans are involved in hundreds of lawsuits across the country relating to the upcoming election
By ERIC TUCKER Associated Press

In the Most Litigated Election Ever, Early Democratic Wins but Few Clear Signals
But the legal wars over the 2020 election are just getting going.

Last edited by scottw; 11-03-2020 at 03:30 AM..
Old 11-03-2020, 05:58 AM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
since when does biden needs iowa to win?
Campaign advice from Hillary?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-03-2020, 06:06 AM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Wayne, you post a snippet of a story that you think supports your narrative....but you completely ignore "the big picture" do you read the stories or just cut and paste the headlines?

Hundreds of lawsuits have already been filed by Democrats, Republicans over the 2020 US election
Posted Yesterday at 10:24pm

Voting lawsuits pile up across US as election approaches
Democrats and Republicans are involved in hundreds of lawsuits across the country relating to the upcoming election
By ERIC TUCKER Associated Press

In the Most Litigated Election Ever, Early Democratic Wins but Few Clear Signals
But the legal wars over the 2020 election are just getting going.
that the justices had made a “political” decision that would lead to cheating by his opponent, former Vice President

Keep your head in the sand. Still waiting to see democrat lawsuits trying to stop counting votes
Old 11-03-2020, 06:24 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
t

Still waiting to see democrat lawsuits trying to stop counting votes

those come as soon as they think they are ahead...
Old 11-03-2020, 08:06 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:

i thought he killed all the farmers with tariffs? that’s what the Narrative was a couple of years ago.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:09 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:

law requires them to be from the county of the pole they want to watch ?
poll, not pole. simple
mistake, you’ve probably been watching too much of Kamela Harris, so you have “pole” on the brain.

you’re probably gonna have a good day.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-03-2020 at 08:30 AM..
Old 11-03-2020, 08:20 AM   #23
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i thought he killed all the farmers with tariffs? that’s what the Narrative was a couple of years ago.
I believe it’s about 46 billion in taxpayer funded subsidies this year alone.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I believe it’s about 46 billion in taxpayer funded subsidies this year alone.
But state supported farms, where the state decides what you should grow or not is obviously capitalism

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-03-2020, 09:48 AM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
But state supported farms, where the state decides what you should grow or not is obviously capitalism
And now farmers are increasingly dependent on Government assistance to feed their families. Their decisions on crops are based not on a free market but on the whim of politically motivated tariff policies.

And John supports this because it's not "progressive."
Old 11-03-2020, 10:53 AM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
And now farmers are increasingly dependent on Government assistance to feed their families. Their decisions on crops are based not on a free market but on the whim of politically motivated tariff policies.

And John supports this because it's not "progressive."
Actually, the tariffs are a defense of a free market. Trade with China was not a free market. It was a one way rip off in favor of China. It was depression of the free market in this country as we became dependent on state sponsored cheap goods from a country whose policies, along with the foolish cooperation of corporations in this country, was draining us of competitive manufacturing. It was a model for economic suicide. The Founders would have approved of the tariffs.

And if Trump loses, the tariffs will be lifted, China will be back on track to destroying us economically, militarily, and politically. If he wins, China loses and will have to come to some more equitable terms or suffer economic collapse and overthrow of the Communist Party.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Actually, the tariffs are a defense of a free market. Trade with China was not a free market. It was a one way rip off in favor of China. It was depression of the free market in this country as we became dependent on state sponsored cheap goods from a country whose policies, along with the foolish cooperation of corporations in this country, was draining us of competitive manufacturing. It was a model for economic suicide. The Founders would have approved of the tariffs.

And if Trump loses, the tariffs will be lifted, China will be back on track to destroying us economically, militarily, and politically. If he wins, China loses and will have to come to some more equitable terms or suffer economic collapse and overthrow of the Communist Party.
I thought Tweety and you were sorta kinda not proponents of regime change?
Oddly enough Chinas GDP and our trade balance with them tell a different story than that claim of Covita producing a failure of the Chinese economy

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-03-2020, 11:55 AM   #28
wdmso

“The Supreme Court decision on voting in Pennsylvania is a VERY dangerous one,” Trump tweeted. “It will allow rampant and unchecked cheating and will undermine our entire systems of laws. It will also induce violence in the streets. Something must be done!”

a vote for Trump equals an agreement with his tweets and The Republican party has waged a brazen legal onslaught against voting rights throughout key states in recent weeks, a cynical effort designed to better the sitting president’s reelection chances.

Jim I wish you were more concerned with the above behavior then worried about auto spelling . not shocked you insulted Harris seeing shes a women what would Amy Coney Barrett think
Old 11-03-2020, 12:16 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I thought Tweety and you were sorta kinda not proponents of regime change?

??? Not in favor of futile nation building by starting a war. Always been in favor of the collapse of Communism. And I think it's stupid to support Communism by letting our money and technology to flow to it.

Oddly enough Chinas GDP and our trade balance with them tell a different story than that claim of Covita producing a failure of the Chinese economy
If we recapture our manufacturing capability instead of depending on China, it will lose a huge source of income. It's living off the gas from our previous letting it rape us. China's global plan needs to be exposed, and the rest of the world needs a signal that it is not necessary to let it happen.

And we certainly need to get out of depending on China for our most critical medical and technological needs. Our own corporations need to be persuaded to come back. Tariffs and tax policies are a peaceful means to achieve that. Going back to the way it was pre-Trump is slow and increasingly quicker national suicide.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
“The Supreme Court decision on voting in Pennsylvania is a VERY dangerous one,” Trump tweeted. “It will allow rampant and unchecked cheating and will undermine our entire systems of laws. It will also induce violence in the streets. Something must be done!”

a vote for Trump equals an agreement with his tweets and The Republican party has waged a brazen legal onslaught against voting rights throughout key states in recent weeks, a cynical effort designed to better the sitting president’s reelection chances.

Jim I wish you were more concerned with the above behavior then worried about auto spelling . not shocked you insulted Harris seeing shes a women what would Amy Coney Barrett think
i don’t like voter suppression any more than i like shenanigans with mail in ballots, which any rational person would say is vulnerable to abuse.

haven’t seen any evidence that Barrett got where she is, the way Harris did. Have you?

Harris and Barrett aren’t the same just because they’re women.