Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-19-2019, 08:39 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Character counts week

Is this the Onion?

Trump has issued a Presidential Proclamation for National “Character Counts Week” urging Americans to “positively influence the next generation of our Nation's leaders and inspire them to lead lives of virtue and integrity.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-19-2019, 09:06 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

That Bastard!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-19-2019, 06:33 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Is Trump the epitome of ......
The President's Chief of Staff says there’s “no cover-up.”

But President Trump’s:

State Department
Department of Defense
OMB
Energy Department
& Vice President

Are all defying lawful subpoenas & document requests.

If they have nothing to hide, why not comply?
Old 10-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

No bueno
Old 10-19-2019, 08:38 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Is Trump the epitome of ......
The President's Chief of Staff says there’s “no cover-up.”

But President Trump’s:

State Department
Department of Defense
OMB
Energy Department
& Vice President

Are all defying lawful subpoenas & document requests.

If they have nothing to hide, why not comply?
Complying with crooks makes them look honest. As SD said, no Bueno.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:06 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Complying with crooks makes them look honest. As SD said, no Bueno.
Modern GOP has given us Nixon, Agnew, Bush II, Cheney, and now Trump and Pence. Plus the Religious Right, Tea Party, Freedom Caucus and the NRA’s every wishes. From cunning crooks to war crimes criminals to corrupt authoritarians. It is all downhill, and getting worse fast.

John Dean

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-20-2019, 10:43 AM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Modern GOP has given us Nixon, Agnew, Bush II, Cheney, and now Trump and Pence. Plus the Religious Right, Tea Party, Freedom Caucus and the NRA’s every wishes. From cunning crooks to war crimes criminals to corrupt authoritarians. It is all downhill, and getting worse fast.

John Dean
That was pretty funny. Sometimes the toxic waste that has invaded your brain spews out some really humorous stuff.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #8
scottw

got that right......love Tulsi

https://youtu.be/dPcGFjyGxI4
Old 10-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #9
scottw

Tulsi!...Tulsi!....Tulsi!

Great! Thank you @HillaryClinton. You, the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long, have finally come out from behind the curtain. From the day I announced my candidacy, there has been a concerted campaign to destroy my reputation. We wondered who was behind it and why. Now we know — it was always you, through your proxies and powerful allies in the corporate media and war machine, afraid of the threat I pose.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:43 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Tulsi isn’t going anywhere, but man did she handle herself well in this scrape. hilary looks completely deranged.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:04 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Tulsi isn’t going anywhere, but man did she handle herself well in this scrape. hilary looks completely deranged.
How by regurgitating Right talking points about Clinton ?

Only time will tell if she's going to go the 3rd party or 4th if sanders doesn't get the nod..

Is it really that crazy of an idea that the russians might be doing what clintion suggests or do we only believe Trumps Lies?
Old 10-21-2019, 08:39 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
How by regurgitating Right talking points about Clinton ?

Only time will tell if she's going to go the 3rd party or 4th if sanders doesn't get the nod..

Is it really that crazy of an idea that the russians might be doing what clintion suggests or do we only believe Trumps Lies?
hilary made herself look deranged, by saying she’s a russian asset with zero evidence.

wdmso, what is your opinion exactly, of Hilary saying that tulsi is a russian asset, while offering zero evidence to support it? Is that OK with you?
Old 10-21-2019, 09:55 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
hilary made herself look deranged, by saying she’s a russian asset with zero evidence.

wdmso, what is your opinion exactly, of Hilary saying that tulsi is a russian asset, while offering zero evidence to support it? Is that OK with you?
Clearly you have no problems with Trump claiming Biden and his son of corruption without evidence by Name ..

But the mere suggestion that Clinton behaved in the same manner your outraged

..In a recent interview, Clinton didn't mention Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii by name, but said she believes one candidate is "the favorite of the Russians." and because

Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said, "If the nesting doll fits... somehow its outrageous

Yet Mulvaney Tries to Walk Back Quid Pro Quo Remarks.. yet your not concerned

"Another example of the right suggesting Behavior of the POTUS is the same as a Private Citizen ..

Gabbard’s campaign has been promoted by Russian state-owned media and defended on Twitter by the Russian embassy – support she has refused to disavow.

^^^^^^^ heres some circumstantial evidence ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 10-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Clearly you have no problems with Trump claiming Biden and his son of corruption without evidence by Name ..

But the mere suggestion that Clinton behaved in the same manner your outraged

..In a recent interview, Clinton didn't mention Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii by name, but said she believes one candidate is "the favorite of the Russians." and because

Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said, "If the nesting doll fits... somehow its outrageous

Yet Mulvaney Tries to Walk Back Quid Pro Quo Remarks.. yet your not concerned

"Another example of the right suggesting Behavior of the POTUS is the same as a Private Citizen ..

Gabbard’s campaign has been promoted by Russian state-owned media and defended on Twitter by the Russian embassy – support she has refused to disavow.

^^^^^^^ heres some circumstantial evidence ^^^^^^^^^^^
(1) you pivoted immediately to trump. not sure why.

(2). if russia speaks favorably of Gabbard, that’s evidence to you, that she’s a russian asset? what if they just happen to like her?
Old 10-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Attached is an article that while about issues surrounding Trump (hint, he is not an agent) pertains largely to what is referred to about various people involved in our current politics, it is written by John Sipher, who is an expert in Russian intelligence services and their methods, here is his CV.
John retired in 2014 after a 28-year career in the Central Intelligence Agency’s National Clandestine Service. At the time of his retirement, he was a member of the CIA’s Senior Intelligence Service, the leadership team that guides CIA activities globally. John served multiple overseas tours as Chief of Station and Deputy Chief of Station in Europe, Asia, and in high-threat environments. He has significant experience working with foreign and domestic partners to solve national security challenges. John also served as a lead instructor in the CIA’s clandestine training school and was a regular lecturer at the CIA’s leadership development program. He is the recipient of the Distinguished Career Intelligence Medal.
John graduated from Hobart College and has a Master’s in International Affairs from Columbia University. He has attended a variety of executive courses at Harvard University, Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management, The Aspen Institute, and the Intelligence Community’s Executive Leadership program.

https://www.justsecurity.org/63660/i...ing-the-facts/

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-21-2019, 03:59 PM   #16
wdmso

Quote:
(1) you pivoted immediately to trump. not sure why.

no Pivot just pointing the obvious Trump accuses without evidence by name no issue... Clinton suggest without evidence with without dropping a name your outraged ..

(2). if russia speaks favorably of Gabbard, that’s evidence to you, that she’s a russian asset? what if they just happen to like her?

I get it you have no issues with Foreign governments supporting US politicians.. they just happen to like her

—size=1]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
America 1st brought to you Via Russia assistance and the New Republican party selling out our allies 1 at a time
Old 10-22-2019, 06:06 AM   #17
scottw

Originally Posted by Jim in CT

you pivoted immediately to trump

Originally Posted by wdmso

no Pivot just pointing the obvious Trump

priceless
Old 10-22-2019, 07:56 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Originally Posted by Jim in CT

you pivoted immediately to trump

Originally Posted by wdmso

no Pivot just pointing the obvious Trump

priceless
Another pointless response. But but Pete. Lol
Old 10-23-2019, 05:22 PM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I question the character of all the republican babies whining and busting in on congressional herrings today, shows the real desperation and need for distraction. Their argument is insane, we need to sit in on all witness interrogations and we want to be able to cross examine, before congress has even determined if they will be moving ahead and on what grounds. Every DA in American always lets the defense team in on all witness statements and interrogations, just a desperation tactic, a big show for Trumo and the base.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:06 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I question the character of all the republican babies whining and busting in on congressional herrings today, shows the real desperation and need for distraction. Their argument is insane, we need to sit in on all witness interrogations and we want to be able to cross examine, before congress has even determined if they will be moving ahead and on what grounds. Every DA in American always lets the defense team in on all witness statements and interrogations, just a desperation tactic, a big show for Trumo and the base.
This is idiotic
Old 10-23-2019, 06:20 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It’s idiotic these babies want in on depositions and cross examination in the inquiry stage, I’m pretty sure that’s putting the chart a mile ahead of the horse. The trial is coming your way morons, don’t look so desperate, show some self respect.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:50 PM   #22
scottw

Quote:
It’s idiotic these babies want in on depositions and cross examination in the inquiry stage, I’m pretty sure that’s putting the chart a mile ahead of the horse. The trial is coming your way morons, don’t look so desperate, show some self respect.
You can’t put the “chart” before the horse and then call other people morons. What the Democrats are engaged in is un-American
Old 10-23-2019, 07:01 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Congress is doing its job and to use the Mulvaney line, get over it. What Trump and his gang of lieutenants has attempted is corrupt, it’s extortion, it’s bribery, it’s impeachable and unamerican
Old 10-23-2019, 07:46 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Congress is doing its job and to use the Mulvaney line, get over it. What Trump and his gang of lieutenants has attempted is corrupt, it’s extortion, it’s bribery, it’s impeachable and unamerican
If you say so, it must be true.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:09 PM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I can and have come to an opinion based on the evidence I’ve seen, when more evidence comes out it may or may not change my opinion. You sir are of course entitled to yours, it’s the American way.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #26
Sea Dangles

In other words; if I throw enough feces against the wall,some of it will stick.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:25 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Just think some of the Trumplicans who crashed the meeting were on the committee
How stupid is that?
Desperate times for Trumplicans
Old 10-24-2019, 05:54 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump claimed Moscow Mitch and he discussed the phone call and Trump claimed Mitch said the call was perfect and innocent. When asked recently if he did in fact say that Mitch said he never discussed that call with the president. Support seems to be slipping.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:46 PM   #29
scottw

the whistleblower
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	216627_5_.png
Views:	421
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	66625  
Old 10-24-2019, 06:54 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
the whistleblower
Is that Uncle Sam?

Lets Go Darwin