Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-11-2019, 06:26 AM   #1
wdmso

julian Assange: Arrested in London

Will he be extradited to the USA for publishing US secrets or will Trump Block it? or reward ecuador ... this should be interesting

over at breitbart some of the bases comments on the topic.. they never fail to entertain

Hopefully, he will be extradited to the US so he can work with the Barr team to expose Obama and his administration for illegally spying on the Trump campaign in exchange for immunity.

The man is a martyr in the cause of free speech. Like Tommy the guy will one day be justly rewarded.

He helped save the U.S. from Hillary as President.
Hell, he is a HERO!

Last edited by wdmso; 04-11-2019 at 06:40 AM..
Old 04-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Assange is a Russian Asset, worked for Russia's National Broadcasting company, and only targets Western Governments. He is a first class a$$hat

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-11-2019, 06:21 PM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Assange is a Russian Asset, worked for Russia's National Broadcasting company, and only targets Western Governments. He is a first class a$$hat
On this we agree 100%.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
but there’s long precedent, of
not arresting people for publishing classified stuff stolen by others ( american papers published the classified, and stolen, Pentagon Papers in the early 1970s). he was a hero among american media until he hurt Hilary’s campaign. because if this, they hate him.

i don’t like the guy.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:12 AM   #5
wdmso

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...ileaks-or-what
Old 04-12-2019, 08:21 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but there’s long precedent, of
not arresting people for publishing classified stuff stolen by others ( american papers published the classified, and stolen, Pentagon Papers in the early 1970s). he was a hero among american media until he hurt Hilary’s campaign. because if this, they hate him.

i don’t like the guy.

TRUE but you can't have it both ways

He was the hero of the left who became the champion of the right, held up as both saviour and betrayer – often at the same time.

The Trump campaign and its supporters seized on the emails with gleeful abandon, dismissing suggestions of Russian involvement in the hacking, while wielding their contents as proof of a media collusion conspiracy.

again the pentagon papers and wikileaks are not the same

Ellsberg approached several members of Congress, none of whom took action.

the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 6-3 that the government had failed to prove harm to national security, and that publication of the papers was justified under the First Amendment’s protection of freedom of the press.

he was charged but it was dismissed

he Nixon administration had Ellsberg and an alleged accomplice, Anthony Russo, indicted on criminal charges including conspiracy, espionage and stealing government property. The trial began in 1973, but ended in a dismissal of the charges after prosecutors discovered that a secret White House team (dubbed “the plumbers”) had burglarized Ellsberg’s psychiatrist’s office in September 1971 in order to find information that would discredit him.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

He was the hero of the left who became the champion of the right, held up as both saviour and betrayer – often at the same time.

The Trump campaign and its supporters seized on the emails with gleeful abandon, dismissing suggestions of Russian involvement in the hacking, while wielding their contents as proof of a media collusion conspiracy.

Ellsberg approached several members of Congress, none of whom took action.

the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 6-3 that the government had failed to prove harm to national security, and that publication of the papers was justified under the First Amendment’s protection of freedom of the press.

he was charged but it was dismissed

he Nixon administration had Ellsberg and an alleged accomplice, Anthony Russo, indicted on criminal charges including conspiracy, espionage and stealing government property. The trial began in 1973, but ended in a dismissal of the charges after prosecutors discovered that a secret White House team (dubbed “the plumbers”) had burglarized Ellsberg’s psychiatrist’s office in September 1971 in order to find information that would discredit him.
the pentagon paper case was a situation where journalists were free to publish classified info, criminally stolen by others. Is that not true?

i don’t want it both ways. but there’s a lot of hypocrisy with how he’s viewed, depending on who he is hurting at the moment.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:08 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
he was a hero among american media until he hurt Hilary’s campaign. because if this, they hate him.

i don’t like the guy.
^^^ True. He was the Hero of the Press for his Bradley Manning leaks so much of the left and the press could bash Bush & the military and Gov. This was horrible risk to people serving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

True, we don't know if the WaPo was under the influence of Russia like Wikileaks was.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
he was a hero among american media until he hurt Hilary’s campaign. because if this, they hate him.
I don't recall any of this. Personally I think he's scum.