Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-30-2019, 06:00 AM   #61
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
You do understand that it was not he who proposed it in the first place I hope. I don’t know who thinks this makes him a hero but if that is your impression then you are a fool. If you don’t give him credit for reversing the policy then exactly who gets the credit? Try to think rather than spouting the snowflake anthem.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Funny you talk about snowflakes then you expect him to get credit for reversing the policy... that should never have never been in the budget to start with ..

its called commander's intent it's his Budget its his people he is responsible ... took him 3-4 days to say

I have overridden my people': Trump says he will keep Special Olympics funded

But not once did he say Say his people were wrong ... or anything he was just feeling the Heat

After Trump made the announcement, DeVos thanked the president and said they see "eye to eye" on this, adding she pushed him to change his stance on funding the program. classics wasn't me....

Only Trump supporters think trump should get credit or praise for just doing what's right .. to start with .. he is so abnormal in his behavior his supporters give him credit for doing something that most americans do normally or on a daily basis... Like please, thank you , accepting responsibility, taking criticism.... not lying all the time ya know adult stuff
Old 03-30-2019, 07:19 AM   #62
Sea Dangles

So, you think he did the right thing but just don’t want to give him credit. Sounds about right. This is exactly why you are a proud snowflake.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #63
wdmso

Quote:
Sounds about right. This is exactly why you are a proud snowflake.
..So, you think he did the right thing but just don’t want to give him credit. (who made that suggestion other than you? it's clear why he changed course it had nothing to do with doing the right thing

My son opened a door for someone years ago and was upset they didn't say Thank you...

My response to him was .. you open the door because it's polite and the right thing to do.. you do not do it with the expectation of being thanked

I am sorry it bothers you That I hold the POTUS to the same standard as my 12 year old son when this happened ....
Old 03-30-2019, 09:41 AM   #64
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
..So, you think he did the right thing but just don’t want to give him credit. (who made that suggestion other than you? it's clear why he changed course it had nothing to do with doing the right thing

My son opened a door for someone years ago and was upset they didn't say Thank you...

My response to him was .. you open the door because it's polite and the right thing to do.. you do not do it with the expectation of being thanked

I am sorry it bothers you That I hold the POTUS to the same standard as my 12 year old son when this happened ....
Sea Dangles' posts sound calm. Your's seem agitated.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #65
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

So now you are actually saying he did the right thing? Nobody is accusing Trump of being polite. You seem confused,or just frustrated that you agree with me.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #66
PaulS

Quote:
So now you are actually saying he did the right thing? Nobody is accusing Trump of being polite. You seem confused,or just frustrated that you agree with me.
You're giving him credit for fixing a problem that he caused. Hilarious
Old 03-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #67
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You think it's funny to fix your own problems? I commend those who correct their mistakes.

Although, in this instance (don't know if it was his "mistake" to begin with), I fault him for "fixing" it. Cutting the program was actually the right thing to do. Entirely eliminating it would be the right thing to do.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:44 AM   #68
Sea Dangles

Quote:
When people do the right thing do you give them credit,Paul? Or does it depend on their name and party affiliation....if you were going to assign blame for cutting the program (which would be fair), why not praise him if he did something you find to be a good decision? Who deserves the credit Paul?

Last edited by Sea Dangles; 03-30-2019 at 11:54 AM..

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-30-2019, 12:47 PM   #69
PaulS

I think in general most people don't praise someone for doing the right thing. Especially politicians as most people feel it is doing their job.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
So, you think he did the right thing but just don’t want to give him credit. Sounds about right.
nailed it. that’s what TDS is all about. he can never, ever be right, not ever, not about anything. MSNBC talked about how fat and ugly he is, the other night. they can’t attack him on the economy or ISIS or russia, so they make fun of his appearance. Classy.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:16 PM   #71
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I think in general most people don't praise someone for doing the right thing. Especially politicians as most people feel it is doing their job.
Yet you have plenty of time to criticize a decision you consider to be the wrong thing. That is fine, but is known a one way street. I hope you see my point.👍🏿

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-30-2019, 03:35 PM   #72
PaulS

Your point makes no sense because he caused the problem. Let me repeat that he caused the problem. I'll have to pull up all those post where you praised Obama.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:36 PM   #73
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
nailed it. that’s what TDS is all about. he can never, ever be right, not ever, not about anything. MSNBC talked about how fat and ugly he is, the other night. they can’t attack him on the economy or ISIS or russia, so they make fun of his appearance. Classy.
And how much bandwidth was wasted on this formum discussing Obama's mom's jeans
Old 03-30-2019, 04:21 PM   #74
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Your point makes no sense because he caused the problem. Let me repeat that he caused the problem. I'll have to pull up all those post where you praised Obama.
Find the post where he did anything worth praising and you will find my response. Hint: it rhymes with tuba. While you are searching you can also attempt to find a single instance I criticized his traitorous ways,besides the Iran nuke blunder.size=1]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-30-2019, 05:33 PM   #75
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
You must be a crappy boss.

I know I usually get a “Nice Job” from my boss once in awhile when I finish up a project.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 03-30-2019 at 09:52 PM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-30-2019, 08:25 PM   #76
scottw

Quote:
I think in general most people don't praise someone for doing the right thing.
those people suck ....