Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Computers

Computers Sidetrack to Computers, Questions on your home computer? Posting just for registered members....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #29
Bob Thomas
No Shorts On

Send a message via AIM to Bob Thomas
Raven,

The town has tried everything. Problem is that the PD is in the old Digital Building. The "basement" is a dirt basement with wires exposed and wonderful Asbestos covered pipes. They have had a company in about 3 times to try to rid the place of mold. I had to go down there and help run the new cables (not dragging on the dirt like the last bunch) and let me tell you. I will NEVER go down there again. It was awful!

Kenyee,

We're running UPS' on each of the servers and each of the PC's. I.e. each has a dedicated UPS. I just got off the phone with the IT company and they all have come to the conclusion that the recent ice storms, outages, and line replacement may have sent a "spike" through the line and reset the firewall & messed up some other things. They said although the UPS' looked fine, they were 4.7 years old and could probably use a new battery. Also, they said that one of the servers UPS software was corrupted somehow so they reinstalled it and should be back on line.

We're trudging through this mess and realizing we'll need upgrades very soon. Going to be watching the funds at the end of the fiscal year and see if we can't swing a new server.....keeping our fingers crossed!

Again, thanks to all of you for the support, suggestions and help. It has truly been "eye opening" as to what we're going to need. I know just enough to get myself in trouble and you guys are helping me make heads or tails out of this.

Everyone be safe and Happy New Year!

Bob Thomas
Bob Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote