Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-28-2020, 07:56 AM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
you may want fact check this one.

Pretty sure plenty of people who carry clearances carry debt, you know, mortgages, car payments, a couple of credit cards.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Your correct but were not talking normal debt mortgages, car payments, a couple of credit cards. Are we but you knew that

But Trump s
$421 million in loans he is personally responsible for, loans which are coming due within the next four years.

Let this sink in
a single adult would only need to make $17,900” to pay $750 in federal tax

In 2016, Trump paid $129,250 more to Stormy Daniels than to the USA government.;

This sums up his supporters well

No matter what Trump does, no matter what journalists go on revealing, he has, for the “base,” delivered on his promise to upend “the system” and inflame the élites. Some supporters believe that he has lowered their taxes (he hasn’t), defanged North Korea (he hasn’t), and ironed out the Israeli-Palestinian conflict (he hasn’t). For the Republican leadership, Trump remains tolerable because he appoints right-wing judges and cossets corporate interests.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:06 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Your correct but were not talking normal debt mortgages, car payments, a couple of credit cards. Are we but you knew that :
Until you can manage to string together 2-3 lucid posts in a row, I don't take for granted anything that comes out of your keyboard.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 09-28-2020 at 08:21 AM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-28-2020, 08:17 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Until you can manage to string together 2-3 lucid posts in a row, I don't take for granted anything that comes out of you keyboard.

What a trump inspired response.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:25 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What a trump inspired response.
Yes, he's my inspiration.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Many people say that sooner or later, probably sooner, the Trump tax returns that the ny times obtained will be obtained by other journalists, then put on the internet in full and all that expert crowdsourcing will not only produce more insight about Trump's finances, but also will cause even more evidence to come out.

No one will touch him financially, and he'll have no one to bail him out. Not even a line of credit to tide things over.

He'll end up personally bankrupt.

He'll wind up a criminal defendant, fighting off charges of tax and financial fraud, and he might not be even able to foot his lawyers' bills, if any decent lawyers will still work for him.

He's done.

Not just politically, but financially and legally.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #6
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Many people say that sooner or later, probably sooner, the Trump tax returns that the ny times obtained will be obtained by other journalists, then put on the internet in full and all that expert crowdsourcing will not only produce more insight about Trump's finances, but also will cause even more evidence to come out.

No one will touch him financially, and he'll have no one to bail him out. Not even a line of credit to tide things over.

He'll wind up a criminal defendant, fighting off charges of tax and financial fraud, and he might not be even able to foot his lawyers' bills, if any decent lawyers will still work for him.

He's done.

BUT HER EMAILS!!
Old 09-29-2020, 10:21 AM   #7
detbuch

Quote:

He's done.

Very scary stuff. You write a lot scary stuff. You're like the Stephen King of the forum.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:34 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Very scary stuff. You write a lot scary stuff. You're like the Stephen King of the forum.
Stephen King is entertaining and well aware that he writes fiction.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:37 AM   #9
Nebe

Quote:
Stephen King is entertaining and well aware that he writes fiction.
Grumps entire career is fiction
Old 09-29-2020, 10:43 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Oh I didn't know that you're a fan, Stephen King has some great thoughts on Tweety

Trump supporters, explain to your children why you are supporting an adulterer, draft dodger, liar, and tax cheat. Bonus point if you avoid telling them the lie that it’s “fake news.”

Trump supporters don't believe the info about Trump's tax cheating is important, even if true. Assure them that it is true and it matters a great deal. He's a HUGE national security risk.

Trump supporters don't wear masks because it's their way of saying "I'm with stupid."

200,000 dead from COVID-19. At least 145,000 of those deaths could have been prevented if President Trump had taken decisive action. He did not, and because he did not, he does not deserve a second term.

America is suffering fires, floods and plague. If this had happened under Obama, the fundamentalists and righties would be screaming END TIMES!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-29-2020, 12:15 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:

the fundamentalists and righties would be screaming END TIMES!

if end times means you can't post anymore it might sound pretty attractive
Old 09-29-2020, 12:24 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
if end times means I can't post stupid comments anymore it might sound pretty attractive
Fixed it for you

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-29-2020, 12:24 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:

Trump supporters don't believe the info about Trump's tax cheating is important!
you have evidence that he owed more than he paid?
Old 09-29-2020, 12:30 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:

Trump supporters, explain to your children why you are supporting an adulterer, draft dodger, liar, and tax cheat.
From the side that worships Bill Clinton to this day. Want to explain how you can idolize Bill Clinton but say that Trump isn't decent enough? When lawyers decide you're too sleazy to be one of them, you're a scumbag.

Here's what I tell my 14 year-old, it's the truth, and it suffices. I'm not voting for him to be a hero or a role model or anyone's idea of what a good person should be. I'm voting for whoever will do a better job protecting the unborn, growing the economy, going after terrorists, advocating for law and order, limiting federal power to what the constitution enumerates.

Those are my priorities. Who should I vote for?
Old 09-29-2020, 01:37 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
From the side that worships Bill Clinton to this day. Want to explain how you can idolize Bill Clinton but say that Trump isn't decent enough? When lawyers decide you're too sleazy to be one of them, you're a scumbag.

Here's what I tell my 14 year-old, it's the truth, and it suffices. I'm not voting for him to be a hero or a role model or anyone's idea of what a good person should be. I'm voting for whoever will do a better job protecting the unborn, growing the economy, going after terrorists, advocating for law and order, limiting federal power to what the constitution enumerates.

Those are my priorities. Who should I vote for?
That was the liberal argument for ignoring Bill Clinton's character - that he's doing things liberals want done - and conservatives at the time ridiculed it as a sign of a bankrupt party selling its soul. I guess the GOP was right all along about the price of selling out.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #16
scottw

Quote:

No one will touch him financially,

he'll have no one to bail him out.

Not even a line of credit to tide things over.

He'll wind up a criminal defendant,

He's done.

I can hear pete banging his head against the wall from here...