Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-04-2019, 09:01 AM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Thanks for the moment of ironic cheer. I have to admit, wrapping up your myopic little rant with "It's all so transparent" made me bust out in a laugh. With a little tweak here or there, you could be a hit on Comedy Central.
Maybe you can enlighten us all on what plan conservatives have presented and passed that has even attempted to address this issue in recent memory .. funny how you see actual actions or lack of actions as myopic
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Maybe you can enlighten us all on what plan conservatives have presented and passed that has even attempted to address this issue in recent memory .. funny how you see actual actions or lack of actions as myopic
I am not familiar with Providence's political plans, or whether Providence Republicans have ever, as you say, done "nothing", or blame "liberals for all the country's issues" (or if they do, how that differs from any Democrat view on blaming Republicans).

But saying that Republicans never provide a plan themselves unless it has the word cut remove defund (which are not necessarily bad things), or to infer that conservatives oppose anyone being on assistance, is obviously untrue.

And "The party of the fetus"--really? Are Democrats against the fetus? Is it some noble thing to oppose the fetus?

And "cherished in the womb hated in the light"--come on man, do I really have to point out that conservatives do not hate those who are born. They certainly don't want to abort those who would eventually be "in the light."

Then claiming that everything you said is all transparent is ironic. What is transparent is your bias.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:51 AM   #33
scottw

Quote:
why is it the conservatives'(or government's for that matter) job to present and pass stuff to address this issue....??
Old 05-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:

And "The party of the fetus"--really? Are Democrats against the fetus? Is it some noble thing to oppose the fetus?
republicans are only in favor of the rich fetus's's's'

the left is riding the crazy train straight to 2020...chooochoooo
Old 05-04-2019, 10:59 AM   #35
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
English police isn’t your primary roll, there are those that revel in correcting grammar, you should leave that to the “experts”
I type as a third language - does that make my Xenoscriptic?

Quote:
theses root problems have been root problems for just about forever ..at least since the 50's

PS Blame isn't , the same as discussing the issue... but for many here Blaming is the only part of the discussion they wish to participate in
2050 BC

Quote:
And conservatives are doing what they do best .. nothing. because nothing motivates the base like blaming liberals for all the country's issues .. yet never providing a plan themselves. Unless it has the word cut remove defund ..

Must be nice for conservatives to not have anyone on assistance.. who support their party ...

The party of the fetus... cherished in the womb hated in the light . It's all so transparent..

People on assistance tend not vote for the party that wants to limit assistance.

We need assistance for our people, but how much is right and how much effort should be made to gain that assistance? And it is a hand up.

I have benefited from that assistance

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 05-04-2019, 09:03 PM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I type as a third language - does that make my Xenoscriptic?

2050 BC

People on assistance tend not vote for the party that wants to limit assistance. ( they dont tend to Vote at all )

We need assistance for our people, but how much is right and how much effort should be made to gain that assistance? And it is a hand up.

I have benefited from that assistance

parents should be responsible for the care of their children not all are positioned to care for them that's just the hard Truth (not from a lack of trying ).. And cutting assistance just doesn't impact the adults .. and that where finding a balance gets twisted.. Some focus on the Adults but #^&#^&#^&#^& rolls down hill .. not everyone who gets assistance stays on assistance .. But thats fake news to a lot of people on both sides ..

We have to ask ourselves with unemployment the lowest in lowest since 1969 why hasn't this helped . here is some info .The increase in hiring was concentrated at white-collar businesses, construction and health care. The only sector to suffer a big drawback was retail, (guess who mostly works retail low skilled people )

I wish I had the Answer ... clearly cutting everything or giving everything won't work on their own ... but while we look for the sweet spot .. nothing changes and the wheel keeps rolling
Old 05-05-2019, 06:50 AM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
why is it the conservatives'(or government's for that matter) job to present and pass stuff to address this issue....??
Why is it conservatives (or governments for that matter) job to present and pass stuff to address the issue of abortion??? ( an issues that impacts far fewer people )

It's just funny when the right wants government and when they don't
Old 05-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #38
scottw

Quote:
Why is it conservatives (or governments for that matter) job to present and pass stuff to address the issue of abortion??? ( an issues that impacts far fewer people )

It's just funny when the right wants government and when they don't
Because a life is extinguished in an abortion. Not sure anyone ever died from unwashed clothes. The Constitution protects life. It does not mention dirty clothes. Is that simple enough?
Old 05-05-2019, 10:03 AM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
Because a life is extinguished in an abortion. Not sure anyone ever died from unwashed clothes. The Constitution protects life. It does not mention dirty clothes. Is that simple enough?
Scott, for wdmso the Constitution does not resolve any issue. For him, it is living-breathing (perhaps in a personal self constructed oxygen tent). It can be "interpreted" whichever way you think is proper either to suit a political view of "the time," or to fit your personal perspective.

That is, it is basically irrelevant.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #40
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Scott, for wdmso the Constitution does not resolve any issue. For him, it is living-breathing (perhaps in a personal self constructed oxygen tent). It can be "interpreted" whichever way you think is proper either to suit a political view of "the time," or to fit your personal perspective.

You could say the same for Trump.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:17 PM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
Wow your grasping at straws now
Old 05-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #42
wdmso

Quote:

the the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are not the same thing

The Constitution protects life No it does not ... omg what a fabrication now we're using the Constitution as an abortion argument
amazing

The way to conform the Constitution more closely to natural law is not to pretend it means what it does not mean. The way to conform the Constitution more closely to natural law is to duly amend it.)

I guess Trump is once again the carrier of the truth

With a late-term abortion, "the mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby, they wrap the baby beautifully. And then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby."
— Donald Trump on Saturday, April 27th, 2019 in a rally in Green Bay, Wis
Old 05-05-2019, 10:37 PM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
the the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are not the same thing

Duh! Neither is Article One of the Constitution the same thing as Article Two. Nor is the Constitution of Michigan the same thing as the Constitution of the United States.

The Declaration and The Constitution are different facets of our "organic" law. The Constitution is the formal written code that declares the rights and duties of government; the Declaration contains our foundational principles, as in this from Quora:

" the Constitution, the Declaration, the Articles of Confederation and the Northwest Ordinance of 1787 have been declared by Congress to comprise this nation’s Organic Law. Notice that, as Organic Law, the Declaration is an equal partner with the Constitution, there is no “hierarchy” of organic law.
Black’s Law Dictionary defines organic law as: 'The fundamental law, or constitution, of a state or nation, written or unwritten; that law or system of laws or principles which defines and establishes the organization of its government.'
In GULF, C. & S. F. R. CO. v. ELLIS , 165 U.S. 150 (1897) - See more at: FindLaw's United States Supreme Court case and opinions, the Supreme Court declared the Declaration to be the 'thought and the spirit of our government' while the Constitution, they said, contained the 'body and letter.' ”

So the principles of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as well as all unalienable rights to which we are endowed by our creator, as announced in the Declaration are part of the organic law of this nation.

The Constitution protects life No it does not ... omg what a fabrication now we're using the Constitution as an abortion argument
amazing
The Constitution protects our unalienable rights among which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It does so, not by specifically referring to the Declaration, but by limiting the Federal Government to a few powers that can infringe our natural rights only in the limited way prescribed by the enumerations in the Constitution. There is no Constitutional enumeration which embodies a government power to legitimize the taking of an innocent life. So yes, the Constitution does protect life.

Last edited by detbuch; 05-05-2019 at 10:42 PM..
Old 05-06-2019, 05:13 AM   #44
scottw

check the RI Constitution Section 2 as well

can't find anything in there on laundry
Old 05-06-2019, 07:26 AM   #45
wdmso

Quote:
The Constitution protects our unalienable rights among which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It does so, not by specifically referring to the Declaration, but by limiting the Federal Government to a few powers that can infringe our natural rights only in the limited way prescribed by the enumerations in the Constitution. There is no Constitutional enumeration which embodies a government power to legitimize the taking of an innocent life. So yes, the Constitution does protect life.
No it does not your making stuff up .. and selling as if thats what it actually says .. or settled law ..

funny the anti gun lobby attempted to use the same argument for the victims of gun crime ... life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. but feel on deft ears

settled Law

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113, is a landmark decision issued in 1973 by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of the constitutionality of laws that criminalized or restricted access to abortions.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:44 AM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
No it does not your making stuff up .. and selling as if thats what it actually says .. or settled law ..

funny the anti gun lobby attempted to use the same argument for the victims of gun crime ... life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. but feel on deft ears

settled Law

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113, is a landmark decision issued in 1973 by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of the constitutionality of laws that criminalized or restricted access to abortions.
I didn't make anything up. Everything I said is true and on the record.

You stated that the Constitution does not protect life. Specifically, it protects human life. Abortion is made legal on a conjured basis that the "fetus" is not fully developed human life before a specified amount of time.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:26 AM   #47
scottw

Quote:

.. or settled law ..
Wayne...are you OK with the current Supreme Court...or better yet...the near future Supreme court with another Trump appointee or two creating "settled law"?

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 05-06-2019 at 09:32 AM..
Old 05-06-2019, 01:27 PM   #48
wdmso

Quote:
Wayne...are you OK with the current Supreme Court...or better yet...the near future Supreme court with another Trump appointee or two creating "settled law"?
isn't that how it works ?
Old 05-06-2019, 01:39 PM   #49
scottw

Quote:
isn't that how it works ?
you really need a refresher course