Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Disgusting use of PUBLIC funds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...h-holiday.html

I'm surprised no-one here has commented on this yet.

Someone needs to wake the frig up. I'm not paying taxes for this douchebag to go party round the friggin world.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

You can add this to this rant too.

Obama Choppers Six Miles For Economy Comments - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

$11,000 per hour to go 6 friggin miles?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
You can add this to this rant too.

Obama Choppers Six Miles For Economy Comments - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

$11,000 per hour to go 6 friggin miles?
you clearly don't understand the importance of the Obama's and their "work"
Old 08-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
FishermanTim

Hey, at least HE didn't go too!

I mean, I can't recall ever having a president take so many publicized vacations within his first year, EVER!

Funny, but how many of us, who ACTUALLY WORK FOR A LIVING, get to take 2 or more vacations a year, and have everyone else pay for them to boot? How many of us were able to just stop work and take off for a week, regardless of what work was like? How many of us would still have those jobs when we returned?

Here's a point to consider: How many other presidents took multiple vacations during their first year in office, and how many took one OUTSIDE the US?
I'm just curious that's all.

Now as for Mrs. Obama, if she were selling this as some kind of "peace mission" or "act of good will" then she might have slipped under the radar, but because it's ANOTHER vacation, she's back in the spotlight again!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Obama pick's up tab for 3 (the Family): the tax payer picks up the tab for what 60+ members of the entourage/security?

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

2 vacations a year? This dude is on 2 in the last 3 weeks!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

And he's off to the Vineyard too!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Sorry I'm wrong. EIGHT VACATIONS JUST THIS SUMMER. 10 days on MV coming up before the end of the month

"Back in the U.S., anger was mounting - especially as it has emerged the First Lady will have enjoyed eight holidays by the end of the summer"
Old 08-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
striperman36
Old Guy

He should have choppered up for the free Shakespeare in the park with Deval

It is absolutely amazing, how 'above the populace' today's politican's have become

Romney/Brown in 2012!!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #10
JohnnyD

This happens with Every. Single. President.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #11
striperman36
Old Guy

the Clinton haircut
Old 08-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #12
spence

How can it be a disgusting use of public funds when you have NO CLUE how much taxpayer funds are being used?

-spence
Old 08-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #13
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Spence go back and read what it says.

Whether or not the taxpaying American will be paying for meals, they will definitely be footing the bill for the First Lady's 68-strong security detail, her personal staff - and the use of presidential jet Air Force Two.
The per diems for the secret service team runs at around Ł172 each, which amounts to nearly Ł60,000 for the length of the summer break.
Use of Air Force Two, the Air Force version of a 757, comes in at Ł91,900 for the round trip. This does not include time on the ground.
Mrs Obama's personal staff, of which there are an unknown amount and who might cost considerably more per day, also have to be taken into account.

The American public will also cover the cost of the only official part of the holiday, a visit to the Spanish royal family on the island of Majorca.
This will involve transport there and back for the entourage - as well as travel, accommodation, food and expenses for all while on the island.

Conservative estimates already put the total cost at Ł150,000. With Majorca to come, the bill will be more like Ł250,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How can it be a disgusting use of public funds when you have NO CLUE how much taxpayer funds are being used?

-spence
Old 08-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
spence

So she uses AF2 on State Business, she's the First Lady so she has protection and all the "extras" are privately paid?

I'm not sure what your expectations are, that the First Lady stays in DC baking cookies? It would seem as though the taxpayer isn't paying for anything extravagant, or perhaps even unreasonable.

-spence
Old 08-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #15
Nebe

did you see her short hairs sticking out of her bikini?@??@? talk about pubic relations...
Old 08-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #16
scottw

Quote:
So she uses AF2 on State Business, she's the First Lady so she has protection and all the "extras" are privately paid?

I'm not sure what your expectations are, that the First Lady stays in DC baking cookies? It would seem as though the taxpayer isn't paying for anything extravagant, or perhaps even unreasonable.

-spence
"State Business"
you are such a tool....
Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #17
Nebe

vacations are not state business
Old 08-07-2010, 04:22 AM   #18
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

state business your killin me.

She's got multiple planes and 70 friggin people there just to support her security.

Spence I ask you this...

Why as a citizen of the USA would I want to go to work and have to pay a tax to the government (effectively at some point working for free to pay this tax) so that this doosh can spend $250,000 to go to Spain to play %$%$%$%$ing lala on the beach or shopping.

GET REAL MAN

IT'S MY TAX DOLLARS SUPPORTING THIS %$%$%$%$! As a small business owner I just made 30 lures to pay that tax this week. I gave away my time and raw materials so that this %$%$%$%$%$%$%$ could do this? Yea I did and it ain't right. Anyone who says it is must be delusional or hallucinating so which is it
Old 08-07-2010, 04:24 AM   #19
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Mmmm curly fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
did you see her short hairs sticking out of her bikini?@??@? talk about pubic relations...
Old 08-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #20
Raven

Thumbs down

where is the humanitarian mission to Haiti ?

this is PURE Barrak......... pissed me off
and i'm takin off...

leaving him alone on his Birthday ?
WTF whaT a BITCH !

it's nothing more than a fashion publicity stunt...
because she thinks she some kind of role Model PFFF

she couldn't have found anywhere in the USA to TRAVEL
so that she could boost the local economy like
down south?... oh yeah to hot... well, how bout ALASKA
Old 08-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #21
striperman36
Old Guy

How can you be a role model to America by flying to Spain?

This is almost beyond Clintonism's
Old 08-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post

leaving him alone on his Birthday ?
WTF whaT a BITCH !
I wouldn't worry about that, I heard that Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dorn, Reverend Wright, Loius Farrakhan and Rashid Khalidi...you know, all of his friends from the neighborhood.... showed up at the Obama mansion with a birthday cake for Barry...I'm sure they had a wonderful time discussing the further destruction of America.....personally, I find her husband's "disgusting use of public funds" far more offensive...

"STATE BUSINESS"...WHAT A COINCIDENCE??..."LET THE OBAMORONS EAT CAKE"

Meanwhile at the five-star luxury Villa Padierna, where the group have chosen to spend their mini-break, preparations were under way for Marbella's event of the year – a star-studded charity gala hosted by Hollywood A-listers Antonio Banderas and Eva Longoria.

Expectation was high that the First Lady would be the special guest at the event on Saturday night after she received a personal invitation from Ms Longoria, star of Desperate Housewives, who lent her support to Barack Obama during his presidential campaign.

Last edited by scottw; 08-07-2010 at 11:27 AM..
Old 08-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #23
buckman

Quote:
I'm not sure what your expectations are, that the First Lady stays in DC baking cookies? -spence
Didn't you get the memo?....Cookies are now on the banned list.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #24
spence

Quote:
state business your killin me.

She's got multiple planes and 70 friggin people there just to support her security.

Spence I ask you this...

Why as a citizen of the USA would I want to go to work and have to pay a tax to the government (effectively at some point working for free to pay this tax) so that this doosh can spend $250,000 to go to Spain to play %$%$%$%$ing lala on the beach or shopping.

GET REAL MAN

IT'S MY TAX DOLLARS SUPPORTING THIS %$%$%$%$! As a small business owner I just made 30 lures to pay that tax this week. I gave away my time and raw materials so that this %$%$%$%$%$%$%$ could do this? Yea I did and it ain't right. Anyone who says it is must be delusional or hallucinating so which is it
It seems most if not all of the taxpayer funds used for this trip are in transportation and security, which I don't believe she has any say in. It wouldn't surprise me if the Secret Service didn't arrange the logistics.

The additional expenses that were at her discretion were paid out of pocket.

Shouldn't the First Lady be able to take a kid on a trip? Doesn't sound all that unreasonable to me. Is it expensive? Sure, but right now she's a VIP with national security concerns.

Had she been on a commercial flight that was hi-jacked you'd be screaming "how could they let the First Lady on a commercial flight!".

-spence
Old 08-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #25
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

So Laura and the bottle twins never took a vacation, EVER? or did they pay for everything w/o secret service.

give me a break.

up to a case of straws Bugger. next stop will be a gross....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #26
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Is that enough to make a plug yet Bryan?

So Spence thinks it's ok to work so that Chuckles Mcgee can go frolic with the King of Spain.

Meet me at my shop 4:30 Monday morning I got plenty for you to do if you like working for free.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #27
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

While Obama preaches sacrifice, his family frolics in Spain

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART SOMEONE ELSE THINKS THE SAME WAY I DO

Hope you got the receipt for them straws.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #28
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

"Just last month, Mrs Obama flew to the Florida panhandle, a tourist draw hit hard by the oil spill crisis, and delivered the message that for parents ''looking for things to do with their kids this summer … this is a wonderful place to visit''.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #29
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
So Laura and the bottle twins never took a vacation, EVER? or did they pay for everything w/o secret service.

give me a break.

Laura and her husband didn't lecture America about shared sacrafice and scaling back their lifestyles and personal responsibility and CARBON FOOTPRINTS on and on...and then proceed to break all records for self-indulgent excessive spending at the taxpayers expense....the more you try to defend these people the more rediculous you appear...it must be comforting to be a democrat politician or spouse of one knowing that you can engage in pretty much any form of hypocritical and distasteful behaviour and the average democrat will dismiss criticism of it without question, defend it as perfectly appropriate and encourage more of it...Rham Emmanuel was right...
Old 08-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #30
spence

Quote:
"Just last month, Mrs Obama flew to the Florida panhandle, a tourist draw hit hard by the oil spill crisis, and delivered the message that for parents ''looking for things to do with their kids this summer … this is a wonderful place to visit''.
From what I heard this trip has been scheuled for some time. Would seem quite transparent to cancel your plans at the last second just for the appearance of it all.

-spence