Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-04-2023, 03:06 PM   #61
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Still not sure why Jim in the right are so fixated on Twitter the Hunter Biden laptop story"

Because you can't comprehend why anyone would be interested in a story that doesn't help democrats.

"No one can Explain why the FBI would only look to censor Twitter and FB but not the New York post "

Huh? How would the FBI convince the NY Post to censor their own story, which they knew to be factual? Do you not understand what took place? The NY Post knew it was a legit story at the time they reported on it. Why would they censor themselves?

"No one" can explain that to you? Probably because no one considered the possibility that something that obvious would need to be explained.

The circulation of the NY post is nothing compared to how many people are on FB and Twitter and Instagram.

Wayne, you guys go on and on about Foxnews. On a good night, 1% of the country is watching Foxnews. One percent. That's nothing compared to who controls big tech. And it's fine if Big tech wants to have a political slant, it's a free country. But let's not deny it just because it makes your life easier.

I don't think you understand what happened. They called a legit story "russian disinformation", and they did so with absolutely zero evidence. They banned it when it might have hurt Biden, then they all admitted they had no legit reason to ban it.

The truth finally come out it!

They banned it when it might have hurt Biden

It all comes back to looking for excuses why Trump lost

Even with the story running in the NY post print and online version
And covered by hundreds and hundreds of other sources of all political persuasions your excuse is circulation of the NY post is nothing compared to how many people are on FB and Twitter and Instagram.

That’s flawed logic it assumes because you’re on any of those platforms. You were denied information and couldn’t or it wasn’t the individual responsibility to seek other sources

Many people have FB Twitter and Instagram and tic toc Read the NYpost NY times the Washington Post. Watch CNN or Fox. And their local news sources it wasn’t a hard story to find

So people looked for the Hunter Biden laptop story on Twitter and couldn’t find it.
Just gave up? And looked no place Else

It all comes back to the GOP Narrative of Big tech is mean to us

Last edited by wdmso; 01-04-2023 at 03:20 PM..
Old 01-04-2023, 03:15 PM   #62
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

And covered by hundreds and hundreds of other sources of all political persuasions your excuse is circulation of the NY post is nothing compared to how many people are on FB and Twitter and Instagram.

That’s flawed logic it assumes because you’re on any of those platforms. You were denied information and couldn’t or it wasn’t the individual responsibility to seek other sources
Did the FBI saying the hunter laptop story was, or was probably, Russian disinformation have any influence at all on how you viewed it?
Old 01-04-2023, 03:35 PM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Your tall tale might be believable but I doubt there is a Hunter Biden hard-drive…
If there was so much damning proof on the harddrive why didn’t Rudy go straight to the Justice department instead of the rightwing media circuit.
Why wasn’t the original hard-drive left pristine?…..Is there a pristine hard drive out there? There would have to be an original hard drive to make copies of..
Is there no original hard drive without added files ? Did the hard-drive in Rudy’s possession already have the added files before he passed it around?
Rudy is/was a lawyer, he would know about chain of custody, he would know adding data to the harddrive post Hunter’s possession would taint the evidence.
If Rudy had a smoking gun….No way he’d allow it to get spoiled by messing with it.

There is no Hunter hard drive…It is Russian disinformation.
Of course if Rudy or some other Team Trump person had a smoking gun, it’s probably because they just shot themselves in the foot.

So if there’s a “Hunter Biden” “laptop”, but from what I’ve seen no proof that it was ever Hunter Biden’s. And they’ve never explained why, when he was living in L.A., he’d go all the way across the US to an obscure store with an owner who couldn’t identify him and leave his laptop without contact information or even a name attached.

And you wonder why the con man lost……
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-04-2023, 03:54 PM   #64
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

They can’t even elect a speaker, going after the Hunter laptop joke investigation if they ever do so, will only embarrass this lame arse party further.
Old 01-04-2023, 04:04 PM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:

Many people have FB Twitter and Instagram and tic toc Read the NYpost NY times the Washington Post. Watch CNN or Fox. And their local news sources it wasn’t a hard story to find

So people looked for the Hunter Biden laptop story on Twitter and couldn’t find it.
Just gave up? And looked no place Else

It all comes back to the GOP Narrative of Big tech is mean to us
"They banned it when it might have hurt Biden

It all comes back to looking for excuses why Trump lost "

I said very explicitly, it likely didn't effect the outcome since Trump got creamed. Why are you lying?

Detbuch posted that Twitters head of content security, was tipped off specifically by the FBI, about the laptop being Russian disinformation. But the FBI had the laptop, therefore they knew it wasn't Russian disinformation.

So instead of insulting those who bring it up, why not tell us what you think happened here?

"Many people have FB Twitter and Instagram and tic toc Read the NYpost NY times the Washington Post. Watch CNN or Fox. And their local news sources it wasn’t a hard story to find "

Fact: 1% of the US population watches Foxnews. And according to Pew Research, 70% of Americans are on the big social media.

I don't know how good you are at math. But do you understand the difference in magnitude between 1% of the population, and 70%?

Advertising revenue is surging at big tech, and drying up everywhere else, because that's where the people are.

Again, why are you lying?
Old 01-04-2023, 04:06 PM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
They can’t even elect a speaker, going after the Hunter laptop joke investigation if they ever do so, will only embarrass this lame arse party further.
From the clown who obviously never read the NY Post article on what's on that laptop, and will never care no matter what gets revealed.

Lame arse party that hold smore federal+state elected seats than your party. So if the GOP is a lame arse party, what does that make the democrats?
Old 01-04-2023, 05:51 PM   #67
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
From the clown who obviously never read the NY Post article on what's on that laptop, and will never care no matter what gets revealed.

Lame arse party that hold smore federal+state elected seats than your party. So if the GOP is a lame arse party, what does that make the democrats?
Among the reasons for the inconclusive findings was sloppy handling of the data, which damaged some records. The experts found the data had been repeatedly accessed and copied by people other than Hunter Biden over nearly three years.

The answer to your last question is easy. In light of the legislation passed and signed by Biden, it’s the party that governs for the good of all Americans.
Old 01-04-2023, 06:28 PM   #68
wdmso

Online activists used the on-field collapse of American football star Damar Hamlin to spread anti-vaccination messages starting just minutes after Monday night's incident.

They included the Georgia congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, who tweeted: "Before the covid vaccines we didn't see athletes dropping dead on the playing field like we do now... Time to investigate the covid vaccines."

These are the same people the GOP are catering to . and the same people complaining twitter is censoring them. They just expect private companies should allow them to lie while yelling Freedom

It’s not hard to figure out why they were banned to begin with

And these are the free thinkers who are going to conduct hearings. And expect Americans to believe them

Only a few Americans are that Dumb

Last edited by wdmso; 01-04-2023 at 06:34 PM..
Old 01-04-2023, 06:35 PM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Among the reasons for the inconclusive findings was sloppy handling of the data, which damaged some records. The experts found the data had been repeatedly accessed and copied by people other than Hunter Biden over nearly three years.

The answer to your last question is easy. In light of the legislation passed and signed by Biden, it’s the party that governs for the good of all Americans.
Except today, all the people who banned the story, are now saying it was legit. So it was banned when it might have hurt Biden, and now that it can't hurt him, they all concede it was a legit scoop.

The FBI, who had the laptop, was saying it was Russian disinformation.

Nothing to see, though.
Old 01-04-2023, 06:54 PM   #70
spence

Quote:
foxnews can’t influence those who don’t watch. Is that true or is it false?
False. You are exhibit A.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:00 PM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
False. You are exhibit A.
we don’t know what that means.

spence, how many americans watch fox regularly, and how many use FB, twitter, and instagram regularly, do you suppose?

pew research says 70% of adult americans are in those big social
media platforms. How many do you suppose are watching foxnews?

instead of lobbing vague insults like always, how about giving me some tangible information to suggest i’m wrong?

obviously more than 1% listen to what fox has to say as you don’t haven’t watch it to seee what those hosts are saying. but the numbers are nowhere near what the big social media platforms get. Fox is a tiny fraction, according to more research.

You know more than Pew research? please share, madam.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:06 PM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Online activists used the on-field collapse of American football star Damar Hamlin to spread anti-vaccination messages starting just minutes after Monday night's incident.

They included the Georgia congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, who tweeted: "Before the covid vaccines we didn't see athletes dropping dead on the playing field like we do now... Time to investigate the covid vaccines."

These are the same people the GOP are catering to . and the same people complaining twitter is censoring them. They just expect private companies should allow them to lie while yelling Freedom

It’s not hard to figure out why they were banned to begin with

And these are the free thinkers who are going to conduct hearings. And expect Americans to believe them

Only a few Americans are that Dumb
can we be clear on what you’re objecting to?

sounds like you’re saying that when there’s a tragedy, it’s wrong for some folks to try and exploit it for political gain, based on assumptions made before all the facts are in.

is that what you’re saying?

because i could break john’s server with examples of liberals doing exactly that in the last few years, and you defend it every single
time. Ask Nick Sanan and Kyle Rittenhouse. What happens every time a white cop shoots a black citizen?

“everything is OK when democrats do it!”
Old 01-04-2023, 07:59 PM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

because i could break john’s server with examples of liberals doing exactly that in the last few years,

You've been trying for years and haven't succeeded yet.

Tell us, who is Sylvia?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-05-2023, 03:42 AM   #74
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Trout fishing has been pretty good the last fw days....

No boat, back in the suds.
Old 01-05-2023, 06:59 AM   #75
wdmso

Quote:
can we be clear on what you’re objecting to?

sounds like you’re saying that when there’s a tragedy, it’s wrong for some folks to try and exploit it for political gain, based on assumptions made before all the facts are in.

is that what you’re saying?

because i could break john’s server with examples of liberals doing exactly that in the last few years, and you defend it every single
time. Ask Nick Sanan and Kyle Rittenhouse. What happens every time a white cop shoots a black citizen?

“everything is OK when democrats do it!”
Again how did I know you were going there right to false equivalence. I am shocked

Nick Sanan story corrected after more info and Kyle Rittenhouse.found not guilty

But with the anti vax crowd also the election was stolen crowd and Greene.

No new evidence or information matters ever.

Jim whenever a white cop shoots a black unarmed person people should be outraged

Time square guy machete attacks 3 police result. Not Dead do you think being white helped?
Old 01-05-2023, 08:33 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again how did I know you were going there right to false equivalence. I am shocked

Nick Sanan story corrected after more info and Kyle Rittenhouse.found not guilty

But with the anti vax crowd also the election was stolen crowd and Greene.

No new evidence or information matters ever.

Jim whenever a white cop shoots a black unarmed person people should be outraged

Time square guy machete attacks 3 police result. Not Dead do you think being white helped?
yes the Nick Sandman reporting was correct “when we got more info”. which is why people should #^&#^&#^&#^& up until we get more info, rather then exploit the situation with assumptions

I say it’s always wrong to do that. You only condemn it when republicans do it.

yes we should be upset when a cop shoots anyone. that doesn’t mean we assume it was a race-based assassination, until there’s some evidence to support that. But that never, ever stops your side from doing it. And you’ll never, ever criticize it, because you can’t.

“everything is OK when democrats do it.”

your hypocrisy literally knows no bounds. None.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:03 AM   #77
wdmso

Quote:
yes the Nick Sandman reporting was correct “when we got more info”. which is why people should #^&#^&#^&#^& up until we get more info, rather then exploit the situation with assumptions

I say it’s always wrong to do that. You only condemn it when republicans do it.

yes we should be upset when a cop shoots anyone. that doesn’t mean we assume it was a race-based assassination, until there’s some evidence to support that. But that never, ever stops your side from doing it. And you’ll never, ever criticize it, because you can’t.

“everything is OK when democrats do it.”

your hypocrisy literally knows no bounds. None.

: is no defense it’s a choice