Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 09-22-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Unhappy Toto....were not in America anymore!

Everytime I go into a Dunkin Donuts these days I get someone waiting on me that needs to have "Great One, no sugar, extra cream...very light" translated to them? Its getting so it seems as though the simple task of getting a cup of coffee these days is more difficult than brain surgery! What is the deal with all of these businesses....Dunkin Donuts, gas stations and the like! All of their help seems to be of Arab/Middle Eastern decent! Not that I mind but dammit.....if you are going to work in a service related business, don't you think it might be nice if they spoke freakin' english? I feel as though "I" am in a different country unable to speak "their" language! Is this how Al Quieda is taking over the United States? By buying all the gas stations and coffee shops and then one morning, all of a sudden, they close and leave us all helpless without gasoline and java? Thus bringing us to our collective knees? Think about it!

I just want a cup of coffee!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
Karl F

Wink

Wait till they start buying up the tackle shops........

Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:17 PM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:32 PM   #4
Big Vern
Hooked

All the more reason to go to Starbuck's. I garauntee the kid behind the counter speaks english as he proably has a masters in Philosophy or Art History.

It's cheaper too.
Big Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:58 PM   #5
Backbeach Jake

Damn, Karl you're a scary son of a gun. My Brainiac "server " at McD's handed me my small black coffee in a bag the other day. I could tell that the lid was half on by the stain spreading on the bottom of the bag. Having been fooled once before and screamed obscenities back through the drive through, I declined his offering this time and asked if he was a friggin terrorist cos he just handed me a car-bomb. He said whuuuut? I expected no less.
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:25 PM   #6
Swede

Talking

If more folks that have good paying jobs and are fluent in English would quit and go to work for Donut shops for $6.50 an hr our service would improve!
Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:37 PM   #7
bud8fan

Thumbs down

Gotta agree with you BF!!

I ordered two medium coffee's last night ..... both with cream,
one with no sugar, and the other with one sugar.

Well after the foreigner asked me three times how I wanted the coffee's I still had to have her make them over as she made the one with sugar ....... regular!!!////////\\\\\\\\\WTF!!!

I really think that alot of the reason for all your Dunkin' Donut's having foreign help is the way the owners of these establishments treat their help!!

Most US born citizen's wont take the crap that these owners lay on them! The turnover of employee's at my local D&D is amazing.....
bud8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:29 PM   #8
green meanie

Re: Toto....were not in America anymore!

+1

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFish
Everytime I go into a Dunkin Donuts these days I get someone waiting on me that needs to have "Great One, no sugar, extra cream...very light" translated to them? Its getting so it seems as though the simple task of getting a cup of coffee these days is more difficult than brain surgery! What is the deal with all of these businesses....Dunkin Donuts, gas stations and the like! All of their help seems to be of Arab/Middle Eastern decent! Not that I mind but dammit.....if you are going to work in a service related business, don't you think it might be nice if they spoke freakin' english? I feel as though "I" am in a different country unable to speak "their" language! Is this how Al Quieda is taking over the United States? By buying all the gas stations and coffee shops and then one morning, all of a sudden, they close and leave us all helpless without gasoline and java? Thus bringing us to our collective knees? Think about it!

I just want a cup of coffee!
green meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:19 PM   #9
Clammer

no problem s with Honey Dew //////

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:47 PM   #10
Motor Fish

I get my coffee at gas stations and 7-11 now. Anywhere I can make it myself. I think the coffee is just as good if not better then D&D and their employees can't screw it up on me.

Cheaper too.

Service in this country is in the crapper. Very rare to get good service nowadays.

For me: Great service = customer forever.
Motor Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:43 PM   #11
zacs
D'oh

Corporate Greed = Poor Service

ie

Poor wages = Poor service

Don't blame the people working their ass off to put food in their kids mouths.

_Z_

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 03:12 PM   #12
HighTide

Send a message via AIM to HighTide
Quote:
Originally posted by Motor Fish
I get my coffee at gas stations and 7-11 now. Anywhere I can make it myself. I think the coffee is just as good if not better then D&D and their employees can't screw it up on me.

Cheaper too.

Me too. I just won't go to DD because I think their coffee sucks. Way too hot and when it finally cools off enough to drink it 45 min later, no flavor.
HighTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:02 PM   #13
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Larry,
I think you should try switching over to decaf !!!
Anyone know how to say Decaf in a foreign mid/east language?
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:38 PM   #14
Surfcastinglife

middle eastern???? wtf???? everyone around here that works at dd is brazillian makes it a hell of a lot easier for me to get my orders right . course im not a coffee drinker and never had anyone mess up orange/mango choolata on me yet
edit: i was in a key west DD and wouldn't u know it they spoke english !!
Surfcastinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:50 PM   #15
bassmaster
Dave's Guide Service

speak english or get out

Pro Tool Club....
bassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:05 AM   #16
Flaptail

Angry

I luv this crap. Ya know why you can't get a person at a McDonalds or Dunkin' or 7-11 or a Getty Station that speaks good English? Cause your average american white middle class person thinks it is below himself to work at a job like that that's why! Our kids have been raised (spoiled and mine are SPOILED) to work at anyone of those places. And the Lebanese, Turkish or whatever they are think they have died and gone to heaven and are only to willing to take these jobs no matter how menial because they know by experience that what they do here is way better than any opportunity they had in thier homeland. They work harder ( aren't afraid to work) They make more here in a month than most of their relatives back where they came from in a year.

Work ethic. Everyone wants big money without having to work for it here. "I should be makin' 20.00 bucks an hour! Really? Did you finish High School? A G.E.D.? Any training programs? No I don't have time for that."

Those people want to work and will take any job, that's something our Grandparents and parents did but we, for some reason, find it beneath ourselves now.

At one time, to make ends meet, I worked 3 jobs and my wife had two, at the same time, we got ahead by hard work. If you have ever been on the low end of a payscale you have two. If you are in that situation and relying on only one income and a modest one at that you need to do something and these days both husband and wife need to work. So what if you have kids. I used to come in as my wife was going out the door for years. The kids always got fed, washed, got thier homework done and one of us was with them. W

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #17
Surfcastinglife

well said flap well said
Surfcastinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 05:05 PM   #18
Maloney

Well said.
Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote