Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #31
parker23
No Trolling allowed

I think there are many sides to the issue.
Cut and dry side:
1. The owner should do time.
2. The illegals should be deported, because they do not contribute tax $$$$ for the idiots Washington to waste.
3. The military should know with whom they do business.

On the human side:
1. It is a very sad story for every person involved.
2. Every one of those people worked their butt off.
3. They were exploited by scumbags that feed on their needs.
parker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #32
Backbeach Jake

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker23 View Post
I think there are many sides to the issue.
Cut and dry side:
1. The owner should do time.
2. The illegals should be deported, because they do not contribute tax $$$$ for the idiots Washington to waste.
3. The military should know with whom they do business.

On the human side:
1. It is a very sad story for every person involved.
2. Every one of those people worked their butt off.
3. They were exploited by scumbags that feed on their needs.
Sad and true...

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #33
Skitterpop

and how much money will be spent when all is said and done on this operation?

Good health and family
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:32 PM   #34
Goose

I too agree with Parker 23 but what gets me is why doesn't the goverment treat drug dealers, gangers and crimals that way.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #35
Raven

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post
I think you are safe Raven.... unless of course I found you doing a crossword puzzle in a dark room.
well i have night blindness actually....

meaning that it takes me longer than most to

adjust my retinas to lower light levels

such as when in movie theaters ....
but afterwards i can see twice
as good as the average person in the dark.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #36
Raven

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
I too agree with Parker 23 but what gets me is why doesn't the goverment treat drug dealers, gangers and crimals that way.
i saw this today...thought it was interesting...as hell

there's these smart Mexicans that started a tourist business within
Mexico's borders of letting people pretend to smuggle
themselves into the USA ..hiding in the desert..crawling
thru mud and tunnels ...the whole nine yards...for $20 dollars
per person... and they're making $1000 dollars per day.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:45 PM   #37
Tburg

WOW - Now they are training to cross the border.....
Tburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #38
wheresmy50

If all ethnic groups in this country worked as hard as the Mexicans, we'd all be a lot better off.

If we really tried to close the border, I'd get a lot more worked up about illegals being here. I used to care more, then I realized the government really doesn't care, so now I don't care.

I think some areas of the economy are pretty dependent on illegal labor by now. We made the bed, now we have to sleep in it.
wheresmy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:31 PM   #39
Raven

Arrow

if suddenly all the mexicans went back to mexico in mass...
we'd all be in deep mierda.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #40
MakoMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Many of these people are criminals. Reentering the U.S. illegally after being deported, which many of these folks did, is a FELONY!

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #41
Raven

Talking

when i worked on the Ranch in California................

we'd give our illegal aliens a ride back to mexico and then
they'd travel back home to their hometowns...
sometimes we'd drop them off all the way...home.

in three days they'd be back ...with big smiles on their faces
having walked all the way back from Tecate.

no fence could ever stop them...nor will ever stop them

their as clever as coyotes.

i laughed when i heard George w Bush say the word
kay yo tee yesterday.... hahahahahah
just like he said "the google"
what a goofball ...and he's a rancher from TEXAS?

they pronounce it KOY- yo- tay... = smuggler.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #42
Tburg

It does not matter how hard Illegals work. Matter of fact that works against them since the sweat shops thrive on that fact and the fact that they will not go an blow the whistle on the piss poor conditions.

First thing that needs to be done is to overturn the conviction of the two US Border Agents that were wrongfully Jailed and then put the PUKE drug runner that testafied against them in JAIL and LET HIM ROT....

Second thing get rid of the ANCHOR BABY law . Times have changed and this LAW should be taken off the books. We as a country cannot afford to support those that have entered the country, weather they walked in or were carried in their mothers womb.

Third is to let State and Local authorities help enforce the Imagration Laws and be able to enorce local codes and laws to help them controll this flood. To many small towns are being flooded by illegals and the local econamy and municipal funds are being drained. The local PD's have their hands tied since the Imagration laws are Federal.

The US is a melting pot of diversity in race, color, religon and culture But, the POT IS ABOUT TO OVERFLOW... The Days of illegals crossing the border to make a few days of pay and go home are gone. Since our borders are so easily to cross, there are more and more that are crosssing to destroy the American Dream then to find the American Dream. Our borders are just the back door for those that plan to destruction of our way of life.

The US Goverment has an obligation to protect the citicens of this land. They have an obligation to protect OUR RIGHTS, OUR WAY OF LIFE, OUR FAMILIES from HARM. Harm from those that drain our resources and feed off of agencies that OUR taxs paid to maintain.

I welcome those that follow the laws of this land and enter LEGALLY. I do not welcome those that BREAK THE LAW and enter illegally and then live as a parasite off our local, state and federal monies.

Drugs flow through the borders. Should we make them legal since we cannot stop them. I say NO and I say just beacause you are here and working ILLEGALLY, you should not be allowed to stay.
Treat them with human decency but rememeber they commited a CRIME and they should go back to their country of Origin.

Families will and may be broken up, but they took this chance when they broke into our country...Folk their are two lines, one to the South and one to the North...Stay in line or you will not be alowed in...
Old 03-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #43
stripersnipr

I can't disagree with a single point of TBurgs post. He nailed it.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #44
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tburg View Post
It does not matter how hard Illegals work. Matter of fact that works against them since the sweat shops thrive on that fact and the fact that they will not go an blow the whistle on the piss poor conditions.

First thing that needs to be done is to overturn the conviction of the two US Border Agents that were wrongfully Jailed and then put the PUKE drug runner that testafied against them in JAIL and LET HIM ROT....

Second thing get rid of the ANCHOR BABY law . Times have changed and this LAW should be taken off the books. We as a country cannot afford to support those that have entered the country, weather they walked in or were carried in their mothers womb.

Third is to let State and Local authorities help enforce the Imagration Laws and be able to enorce local codes and laws to help them controll this flood. To many small towns are being flooded by illegals and the local econamy and municipal funds are being drained. The local PD's have their hands tied since the Imagration laws are Federal.

The US is a melting pot of diversity in race, color, religon and culture But, the POT IS ABOUT TO OVERFLOW... The Days of illegals crossing the border to make a few days of pay and go home are gone. Since our borders are so easily to cross, there are more and more that are crosssing to destroy the American Dream then to find the American Dream. Our borders are just the back door for those that plan to destruction of our way of life.

The US Goverment has an obligation to protect the citicens of this land. They have an obligation to protect OUR RIGHTS, OUR WAY OF LIFE, OUR FAMILIES from HARM. Harm from those that drain our resources and feed off of agencies that OUR taxs paid to maintain.

I welcome those that follow the laws of this land and enter LEGALLY. I do not welcome those that BREAK THE LAW and enter illegally and then live as a parasite off our local, state and federal monies.

Drugs flow through the borders. Should we make them legal since we cannot stop them. I say NO and I say just beacause you are here and working ILLEGALLY, you should not be allowed to stay.
Treat them with human decency but rememeber they commited a CRIME and they should go back to their country of Origin.

Families will and may be broken up, but they took this chance when they broke into our country...Folk their are two lines, one to the South and one to the North...Stay in line or you will not be alowed in...

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #45
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:

The "ANCHOR BABY" law happens to be the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution. Which states that all persons born in the US are citizens of the US. Originally intended to grant citizenship to slaves, but it had no sunset clause in it, and it remains the law.

It's not a simple matter to "take it off the books". It has to be repealed, and that requires passage by two thirds of both houses of Congress, and then ratification by 36 of the 50 states.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:21 PM   #46
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
The "ANCHOR BABY" law happens to be the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution. Which states that all persons born in the US are citizens of the US. Originally intended to grant citizenship to slaves, but it had no sunset clause in it, and it remains the law.
And I'm not sure if we'd even want to as it's part of our heritage and perhaps a critical component to a true integrated society.

I'm not sure of how this happens across the entire EU, but I believe in Germany you could have multiple generations all born on German soil and none would be citizens.

Sounds like a good recipe for ethnic ghettos.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:16 PM   #47
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
And I'm not sure if we'd even want to as it's part of our heritage and perhaps a critical component to a true integrated society.

I'm not sure of how this happens across the entire EU, but I believe in Germany you could have multiple generations all born on German soil and none would be citizens.

Sounds like a good recipe for ethnic ghettos.

-spence
Integration of individuals who are legal citizens of the United States is not only a critical component to a true integrated society, it is what this country was founded on. Integration of illegal aliens into our society is illegal. These laws are in place for a reason. We have been lax in their application and been asleep at the switch for far too long. However, they are still laws of our great nation, and the mere fact that they are now being enforced is no reason to call their validity or intent into question.

And they aren't called ethnic ghettos. They are now called Little Italy, The French Quarter, Chinatown and Little Havana. Thriving busseling close-knit communities of US citizens who are losing jobs to the scores of illegal aliens who have invaded their neighborhoods.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #48
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post
Integration of illegal aliens into our society is illegal.

And they aren't called ethnic ghettos. They are now called Little Italy, The French Quarter, Chinatown and Little Havana.
I think you're missing the point. By law we're not talking about integrating illegals.

-spence
Old 03-14-2007, 03:34 PM   #49
Tburg

Mike P

The Volstead Act and the 18th Amendment ( Prohibition ) was repealed when the 21st Amendment was ratified. ( I am no scholar of the constitution - I looked this up). The 21st gives states the power to control the the sale of alcohol.....If an amendment can be ratified and then repealed in 15 years then another amendment can and should be ratified to change the archaic 14th amendment.
By allowing the the 14th to go unchanged we allow for the exploitation of the mothers and fathers of those that are citizens only because the were born in this counry. The 14 th was done to correct a wrong that occured in this country and now it is allowing for a completly different wrong to be done to those that entered into the country be an ILLEGAL means.

Our Constitution is a living document that need to be "amended" to changing times. When one section of an amendment is being used as a loophole to allow for harm to be done on this country and all citizens and non citizens, then an amendment should be ratified to proctect all .

I am not expressing my views in hopes that those who LEGALLY enter this country never bcome a citizen. Those that enter legally from any country should have be allowed to make a better life for them selves and contribute to this country

When the movie is sold out do not try and enter through th side door without a ticket and then be SHOCKED when you are kicked out even when the movie is half over.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:41 PM   #50
MakoMike

Quote:
They already have lots of power, problem is that most democrat mayors don't want to do it. Google "Hazelton PA" for an example of what one town can do. Similar measures were recently introduced in the RI legislature.

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #51
Tburg

MM - I was thinking of Hazelton when I typed that..
Old 03-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #52
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Repealing an existing amendment by enacting a new one--which is really how an amendment gets repealed--still requires passage by 2/3rds of both houses of Congress and ratification by 3/4ths of the states. The founders made it hard to amend the Constitution--on purpose.

Now, if you were to say that Congress should repeal the ordinary laws that make the parents of anchor babies eligible for the various reliefs from deportation, that's a different story.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #53
Tburg

What ever it takes.....you the legal man and you know what it takes but it seems something needs to be done....

I for the most part just want to work , fish, fondel my wife and raise my 2 kids in a safe some what sane world......
Old 03-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #54
spence

Quote:
What ever it takes.....you the legal man and you know what it takes but it seems something needs to be done....
Ok, so you get your wish. The 14th Amendment has now been modified to not regard children of illegal immigrants as US citizens.

People are still flooding across the border. Hospitals are still providing free service driving up costs. You do have a lot of children who are in the country regardless and so what's their status?

How has this improved my life?

-spence
Old 03-14-2007, 06:09 PM   #55
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Ok, so you get your wish. The 14th Amendment has now been modified to not regard children of illegal immigrants as US citizens.

People are still flooding across the border. Hospitals are still providing free service driving up costs. You do have a lot of children who are in the country regardless and so what's their status?

How has this improved my life?

-spence
Of course no single action will ease the burden illegals place on our country but this is a viable component of a larger plan. Kind of like the big argument that a fence wont prevent illegal entry. Of course it wont, but in conjunction with other actions it does provide a deterrent at the very least. A fence, increased border security, stiffer penalties for both illegals and employers and removing the anchor baby incentive are among the many things we need to do to curb this invasion.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:23 PM   #56
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

I wonder if the Indians had these same conversations when the pilgrims landed.

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #57
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post

I bet they wish they had.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #58
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post

Only reply to this is; A lot of the world's history has been about devide and conquer.......... We could very well be heading in that direction.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:24 PM   #59
Tburg

Spence,

What is your wish or ideas on how to handel this situation? You seem to be one to critique those ( Like me) that think differently from your point of view ( politicaly and socially) . If you have a personal view on what and how should this issue should be handeled, Please express it.
I am curious as to what your wish is on dealing Illegal Immagrant.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #60
spence

Quote:
What is your wish or ideas on how to handel this situation?
I'd support a variety of measures from increased border security (but not a grande wall), harsh fines for employers, a legal guest worker program with conditions and a challenging but legal path to citizenship for law abiding and taxpaying immigrants.

Illegals are a huge part of our economy, this is just how it is.

My comments on the 14th Amendment mostly reflect that I don't think it would really do much to help matters much.

Stripersnipr pretty much confirmed this

-spence