Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Fall River sweat shop illegal imigrants

So whats everyone's opinion of what happened ?

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #2
boot man

Do you mean New Bedford?
boot man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot man View Post
Do you mean New Bedford?

Ya, thats it! Fall River / New Bedford, same thing, shiet hole towns !!!
Where the busted the sweat shop full of illegal immigrants , shipped a lot of them out of state, and now the Kerry, Kennedy, Barney frank, along with Deval Patrick are on the news because they separated families!

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 03-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Ya, thats it! Fall River / New Bedford, same thing, shiet hole towns !!!
Where the busted the sweat shop full of illegal immigrants , shipped a lot of them out of state, and now the Kerry, Kennedy, Barney frank, along with Deval Patrick are on the news because they separated families!
Wouldn't exactly call them sheit hole towns - like most, they have their good and bad....

I'm really disappointed in how the democratic royalty of Mass are rallying to the call of the poor undocumented worker instead of the intent and spirit of the law. This should have started long before IMO and should not stop now. If people are SUPPOSED to be here legally I have no problem. I know many that are the American born children of undocumented workers so I do understand them but society has a real problem on its hands with people burdening the system that are not here legally - that needs to change.

You want to come to the US quicker, legally? Serve in the Armed Forces. You want to come a different way, go through the proper channels.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
Skip N

What part of "illegal" do the MA dems not understand!?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
Raider Ronnie

I liked the way Dennis & Callahan put it this morning,
They should let all of the cons out of prison because they have been separated from their kids also !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 03-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #7
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
I liked the way Dennis & Callahan put it this morning,
They should let all of the cons out of prison because they have been separated from their kids also !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #8
Raven

if given the chance.... more than half the worlds population would migrate to America and then it would no longer be America because it would be complete chaos. For many years women come to America Pregnant so that their child is born in America and then is considered an American. Many of our Laws need to be clarified.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:26 AM   #9
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
if given the chance.... more than half the worlds population would migrate to America and then it would no longer be America because it would be complete chaos. For many years women come to America Pregnant so that their child is born in America and then is considered an American. Many of our Laws need to be clarified.
I agree 100%. The Anchor baby clause needs to be changed. Yes my family came over here from somewhere else too, but that was in 1634. The world has changed a lot in the last 373 years.

I think we (the USA) are the only industrialized nation in the world that accepts immigrants. The rest of the world tells visitors, you can visit but can't move here. So why should we just accept everyone? I say close the borders and deport anyone who is caught here illegally.

If a person does everything right and goes through the immigration process I have no problem at all with that. But these illegals who get here and expect to stay without doing it the right way......screw them. And as far as the amnesty thing, NO WAY. The country did that in 86 and it didn't solve a thing.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I also think that the A$$-Wipes that run the factory should spend a little time in an 8x8 room so they can think about there part in this whole mess too.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:36 AM   #11
Backbeach Jake

I can find to grudge to bear against someone who's working hard to make a buck. All our jobs have the little unethical Points that are necessary to get the job done and the money in. Theirs was that they were here illegally. That illegality has and will blow like a fart in the wind back and forth with the public's opinion.
Having said that the real villians here are the factory owners. There are established labor laws. They chose to ignore them. They then chose to treat their help like slaves. Hang the owners..

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:38 AM   #12
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

I also agree...if you're here illegally- - - - you should get treated like a criminal - If you're supporting illegals, you're also just as guilty...if not more. I heard some nasty rumors about that sweat shop and how the illegals were treated. Going back to what Dadfisherman said...the owners should also be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law..

I heard they were only provided with 1 roll of toilet paper per day and they had to pay penalties for being late, leaving early, talking to a co-worker, a whole list of silly conditions in where they'd lose some of their petty pay. And I don't mean, they'd get 'docked' the time they were late, they actually had to pay fines quadrupling their hourly rate. Part of the price you pay for doing things illegally I guess.

However, as I am a Fall Riverite....I don't appreciate someone calling my town a "shiet hole" town. Perhaps it's run down, a little tired, a little over populated with scum-bugs...but let's not label a whole community due to some bad publicity, whether in the past or present. No personal offense taken - it just doesn't have a nice ring to it in my head when I play it back.

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #13
Saltheart

I think the idea that they have legal american children does complicate the issue. by a twist of fate the kids are born here and therefoe every bit a citizen as any of us. They have a right to be here and they need their parents. I know its a bad loophole that all illegals have to do is have a baby to be set here but i honetsly think the kids have all the rights of a citizen and they need their parents.

I think the hammer should come down hard on the employers. They enable the whole mess. In fact , i think they encourage the whole mess because word gets back that jobs are available for illegals and they flock here.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #14
mekcotuit

The owners of the factory were back in business the day after the raid...WTF? They should lose their $90 million gov't contract and the business should be shut down. And the dirtbag that was in cahoots with them - that provided the fake Social security numbers and false documentation - needs to be locked away also. Everyone yacking about these illegals taking away jobs from real Americans is just BS. The scumbag factory owners and managers would never ever agree to pay LEGAL hourly wage - would cut into their profiteering way too much....would rather pay low wages, not supply running water, working toilets, etc and import slave labor. Besides, who of us would work in those conditions ?????

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
mekcotuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #15
stripersnipr

DO YOU BELIEVE THESE RESTRICTIONS SHOULD BE PUT IN EFFECT ?

1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the
schools, no special ballots for elections, and all government business will be conducted in our language.

2. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote, no matter how long they are here.

3. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

4. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, nor any other government assistance programs.

5. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

6. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed to own waterfront property. That property is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

7. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no “bad-mouthing” our president or his policies. If you do you will be sent home.

8. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be
hunted down and sent straight to jail.

Harsh, you say? The above laws happen to be the immigration laws of " MEXICO " !
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:31 AM   #16
mekcotuit

I don't think many people would beating down the doors to immigrate to Mexico even without those laws....

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
mekcotuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:58 AM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Thats why we ain't Mexico

Old 03-13-2007, 09:49 AM   #18
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I have mixed feelings, the law was broken when they illegals entered the country and the law was broken when they were hired. I belevie both should be punished.
It is troubling that when immigration laws are enforced, the enforcement agencies get blamed, thats wrong. We should support those that uphold the law. If a starving person steals bread to feed his family, he/she is punished, regardless of if they have children. Not sure why this is different?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:58 AM   #19
stripersnipr

The most common excuse I hear from those who want illegal immigration ignored or refuse to differentiate between legal and illegal immigration is: "These poor people are simply trying to better their lives". If we carried that rationale out a few more degrees we could excuse most crimes. Our prisons are full of people who commited crimes as a shortcut means to "better their lives".
Old 03-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #20
Saltheart

I can't get too upset about the people who want to come to America. that is easy to understand. I'm not sayiong they should be allowed to enter illegally but i do understand them wanting to come , any way they can.

for the people who are profiting from them , especially a government contractor???? They should get nailed.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #21
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Thats why we ain't Mexico
It's just a typical Bushbot response when challenged...lower the bar so they feel good about America.

Mexico is more anti-immigrant so we should be to.

We've killed tens of thousands of Iraqis but Saddam killed more.

We've tortured but look at when they do to our guys.

etc...

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #22
slapshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's just a typical Bushbot response when challenged...lower the bar so they feel good about America.

etc...

-spence

Hey those sound a little like this one; "When Clinton lied, nobody died". LOL

bluefish Jihadist
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #23
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

are we anti-immigrant? I know many non-resident, legal immigrants that would disagree. I've been to a few naturalization ceremonies, brought tears to my eyes as it did to many of the participants.
We all should be anti "illegal" immigrant.
Why is this a Bush thing? Illiegal immigration is a major problem, it puts an economic burden on health care, schools, and security. I dont have a solution, but ignoring the issue and not deporting those that broke the laws of the contry they want to be part of makes no sense.

Quote:

etc...

-spence

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #24
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
are we anti-immigrant?
Generally speaking no...but that's the point.

I'm just illustrating the silly nature of comments like this.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #25
stripersnipr

Quote:

etc...

-spence
Ummm........I haven't heard anyone, not a single person say America should emulate Mexico's immigration policies especially George Bush. So much for your Bushbot theory.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:03 PM   #26
stripersnipr

Quote:
Why is this a Bush thing? Illiegal immigration is a major problem, it puts an economic burden on health care, schools, and security. I dont have a solution, but ignoring the issue and not deporting those that broke the laws of the contry they want to be part of makes no sense.
Because all national and world problems are directly or indirectly Bushs fault to the Moonbats.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #27
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Unfortunately sometimes people don't see the difference. Thats the sad part.

I agree something needs to be done though

Quote:
are we anti-immigrant? I know many non-resident, legal immigrants that would disagree. I've been to a few naturalization ceremonies, brought tears to my eyes as it did to many of the participants.
We all should be anti "illegal" immigrant.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #28
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
Because all national and world problems are directly or indirectly Bushs fault to the Moonbats.
hehe...Moonbat.

Every time I hear a political pundit or talk show host use the term I giggle. There may not be a better political term to describe that certain segment of the looney left.

During the last gubernatorial election here in Boston, Howie Carr claims he had just come from the polls and the Deval Patrick moonbats were everywhere. Grown men in suits with bow ties riding three-speed bicycles to work with helmets and backpacks. Grace Ross lookalikes.... I was in tears I was laughing so hard.

I wonder how they are all feeling now? He may have just had the worst first 2 months as a governor in the history of our country.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #29
Raven

Talking i'm totally into the moon

i hope that doesnt qualify me as a "moonBat"

i truly hate BUGS really and i only inhale

no see-ums on rare occaision.... really !

Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #30
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
i hope that doesnt qualify me as a "moonBat"

i truly hate BUGS really and i only inhale

no see-ums on rare occaision.... really !

I think you are safe Raven.... unless of course I found you doing a crossword puzzle in a dark room.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote