Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 10-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
Thumb-Burner

Plug Bash (A redneck in RI)

Warning, this is a long post. I'm going to take a few minutes to give some insight into what I learned and some of the people I need to thank again for the awesome time at the plug bash this weekend.. I apologize ahead of time for leaving some people out cuz i know i will.. please forgive me...

Tackle Junkie - Thanks for the braid cutters and the awesome popper.. your paint is really great.. it was nice meeting you..

NIB - You talk funny... Thanks for the "non-NIB plug"... Great meeting you.. Sorry we didn't get to fish together.. next time..

Bernzy - "Hey, What are you doing here?! " Thanks a ton for the tail loop lesson.. I think i can actually do it.. Really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks for making me feel so welcome. Tried to find you before i left.. They said you went to WalMart? Getting some rooster tails to fish with? Still need to make that trade...

Charleston - The coffee was a lifesaver Sunday morning! Thanks. Great getting to know you. Thanks for all the plug insight... The popper worked great.

Eel Punt - Thanks so much for answering all my stupid questions without making me feel stupid. Glad we finally figured out my finish problem. That seriously was a huge deal for me. I'll feel confident sharing my plugs with others now.. Dude, your pencil is the best casting easiest working one ever.. THANKS for the awesome work..

Labrador 1 - Thanks a ton for the hospitality and for the guide service. You took me to the spot i caught my first striper in the salt on one of my plugs!!! wooohooooo!!!! And the plug you donated to my personal foundation...

Ratty - Thanks for making me feel welcome and for the comic relief.

Steve - Awesome grub. Thanks. My wife asked how much i spent on food.. I told her a case of Guinness. She thought I was joking!! Your cooking was only surpassed by your humor.. My side is still hurting from the Andy Gibb comment.

StriperCrazy - Ed, as always, your hospitality was great. Thanks for taking the time to show me around Watch Hill. Definately a highlight of the trip.

Winch - Great meeting you. Sorry we didn't get to fish together. You talked pretty normal.

Gary2 - It was great to finally meet you. Hearing your stories was awesome.

Longshot - Great seeing you again too. Call when you come to NC.

Timber - Great seeing you again too. Again, somehow we didn't fish together. I'm getting a complex. Thanks for the top secret pluggage..

MAC - Always great to see you. Thanks for taking the time to help me out at Point Judith. I put your name on the zziplex when I got home. NOT!

FishDoc - You disappear before i knew it.. Thanks for the awesome plug and the time.. Great meeting you..

Jigman - Thanks for all the help as always.. I really appreciate the tying lesson on the siwash.. that will be my next feat to tackle.

Johnny - Dude. Thanks for the awesome hospitality and guide service on Saturday night.. Couldn't have ended the trip any better. (don't forget to send the pics!!) I'm still thinking and talking about all the fish on the breachway. A paid guide wouldn't have been as helpful as you were .. thanks!!!

Linesider69 - Thanks Mayor for all your help. You made me feel welcome in an unfamiliar place. You are a model for all to follow. Helping others like you do is a gift. Thanks for using it.

Eastend lou - Excellent meeting you. You too made me feel so welcome so far from home. Looking forward to fishing with you in the future.

Tobias - Sorry you couldn't be there. You were missed, but that cool kid needs you a lot more than we do.. You are a great dad!

Again, I know I've left people out and I'm really sorry.

Special thanks to Jigman, MAC, H'Islander, Tobias and Guzz for answering a gajillion questions over the last two years and getting me hooked on this zany hobby...

Finally, thanks to JohnR for keeping this zany place running and giving people like me a chance to make so many great friends. Great to meet you there.

Peace to all.. Can't wait till next year.

I might be small.... but I'm slow.
Thumb-Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:43 AM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Yep, that was a good time. Nice to meet a few more plug building nuts and see their stuff. I got to trade with Johnny and a couple other guys. Ryan was most generous with plugs and giving me a ride on the beach even if I failed to connect to a fish in that wind, it was fun trying.
Good to meet you thumb burner, now go make some plugs.
It's always nice to see Jigman and winchmaster, even though it's hard to get a word in with him around. I hope TT is wearing him out, he seems to have alot of energy stored up and is almost as energetic as TT.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
NIB

U know ur a redneck when u wait 2 yrs for a NIB plug...
Git er Dun...
I could listen to that guy talk for hrs.cracks me up.

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #4
eastendlu

ha ha ha i witnessed that.
eastendlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
Thumb-Burner

so NIB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB
U know ur a redneck when u wait 2 yrs for a NIB plug...
Git er Dun...
I could listen to that guy talk for hrs.cracks me up.
Wonder how long the total wait will be, since you still didn't give me one..

I might be small.... but I'm slow.
Thumb-Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:14 PM   #6
Charleston
Certified Mass-hole

The pleasure was all mine John. Get back up here next year or schedule a bash in NC
Charleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:19 PM   #7
winchmaster

TB
It was a pleasure meeting you and a whole bunch more of the new lunatics to plug building.
I am now in the striper rest and recovery program and find myself sitting in a daze smiling and drooling.

Its only art if it don't catch fish!
winchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote