Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2024, 09:55 AM   #1
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 9,149
Another excellent day

Was out 0430. 1st bass in the boat by 515am home by 10am.

Multiple bass caught/ all on live pogies . 2 40 in bass made the camera reel. The coolest hit was when that 40incher smashed a swimming pogie in dead calm condition’s
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0175.jpeg (665.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0174.jpeg (640.9 KB, 13 views)
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 11:42 AM   #2
Rockfish9
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Rockfish9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Reading Mass/Newburyport/merrimack river
Posts: 3,746
nice way to get it done before the yahoos show up

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 11:54 AM   #3
Hookedagain
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Hookedagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset Ma
Posts: 1,748
Outstanding! Love seeing them so close to home.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 02:18 PM   #4
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man
iTrader: (0)
 
piemma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 10,578
Blog Entries: 2
You are having a great year Wayne.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 04:41 PM   #5
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus
iTrader: (0)
 
bloocrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
....caught/ all on live pogies . 2 40 in bass made the camera reel....
Couldn't find one over 40" last couple of days, ..but all above the slot.
Not sure where the class of fish went to that I had earlier last week,...but fish swim right

Live pogies continue to be ticket...tried tossing lures when marking multiple fish, also tossed lures when my partner was hooked up (directly at his hooked fish) hoping to get any jealous stragglers to hit,...nope, but then again it's tough to stay disciplined in throwing artificials when you have live bait,...not sure how much longer this is going to last as it's always short-lived in the area in question.

Hard laughs at the boat ramp too....I don't think the guy was loaded, but he was trying to launch and kept pushing the throttle forward driving his boat back up on to the ramp? (like scraping the hull up on the ramp!)...I kept watching, thinking to myself... what the hell am I seeing right now?? I finally drifted close enough and asked "what are you trying to do?"....he says, "I don't understand, I'm trying to take this boat for a ride but it won't go".... ... I told him, "you keep shifting forward"...he looked confused, I said move the shifter backwards (and motioned as such), the guy drops it in reverse and guns it backwards with the wheel turned almost slamming into mine and knocking his wife/girl onto the deck floor at the same time...what a klusta-fudge!! Come to find out, he was borrowing a friend's boat...

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 05:23 PM   #6
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 9,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
Couldn't find one over 40" last couple of days, ..but all above the slot.
Not sure where the class of fish went to that I had earlier last week,...but fish swim right

Live pogies continue to be ticket...tried tossing lures when marking multiple fish, also tossed lures when my partner was hooked up (directly at his hooked fish) hoping to get any jealous stragglers to hit,...nope, but then again it's tough to stay disciplined in throwing artificials when you have live bait,...not sure how much longer this is going to last as it's always short-lived in the area in question.

Hard laughs at the boat ramp too....I don't think the guy was loaded, but he was trying to launch and kept pushing the throttle forward driving his boat back up on to the ramp? (like scraping the hull up on the ramp!)...I kept watching, thinking to myself... what the hell am I seeing right now?? I finally drifted close enough and asked "what are you trying to do?"....he says, "I don't understand, I'm trying to take this boat for a ride but it won't go".... ... I told him, "you keep shifting forward"...he looked confused, I said move the shifter backwards (and motioned as such), the guy drops it in reverse and guns it backwards with the wheel turned almost slamming into mine and knocking his wife/girl onto the deck floor at the same time...what a klusta-fudge!! Come to find out, he was borrowing a friend's boat...
That why I avoided the ramp on weekends if at all possible. If I do go it earl out early back

Went out this am lots of 32 38 inch bass dropped 10 pogies all got eaten.., tried the flutter spoon in between pogies. No love.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 06-10-2024 at 05:29 PM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 05:48 PM   #7
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,211
Boatfish don't count ( But they are a heck of a lot of fun )
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 03:04 AM   #8
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 9,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Boatfish don't count ( But they are a heck of a lot of fun )
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I tell friends something similar charter fish don’t count either

I haven’t caught from shore in years.. hopefully I’ll get out once or twice this year.

I do love slinging eels !
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 02:39 PM   #9
Guppy
User
iTrader: (0)
 
Guppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 5,405
Ya, another great day….. even with one arm…. ;-)
Wayne knows stuff… thanks bud.

IMG_2024-06-11-153211.jpeg
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 07:20 AM   #10
Hookedagain
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Hookedagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset Ma
Posts: 1,748
Nice catch Gup! Thats about 4 minutes from my house, if I had known I would have walked down and waved.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 11:50 AM   #11
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man
iTrader: (0)
 
piemma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 10,578
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Ya, another great day….. even with one arm…. ;-)
Wayne knows stuff… thanks bud.

Attachment 70502
NICE!!!

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com