Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2020, 06:58 PM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
undermining democracy

saw a clip on tv just now...a montage of democrat elected officials, tv hosts, celebrities...after the 2016 election...all saying that electors should cast aside the election and not vote for trump.

someone explain how that wasnít a plot against our democratic institutions?

answer - itís always ok when democrats do it.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-27-2020 at 07:17 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:03 PM   #2
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
saw a clip on tv just now...a montage of democrat elected officials, tv hosts, celebrities...after the 2016 election...all saying that electors should cast aside the election and not vote for trump.

someone explain how that wasnít a plot against our democratic institutions?

answer - itís always ok when democrats do it.
Again your clueless , so much so, you donít have the intellectual honesty to see the Truth

clearly you missed Trump crying Fraud before during the election 1st it was mail in ballots then it was poll watchers then in was George Soros Hugo and Venezuelan, then the voting machines changed vote when that failed he call Republicans from Minnesota and Pennsylvania in an attempt to appoint electors whoíll vote for him the POTUS didnt this Jim he didnít talk about it he did it.

But you think celebrities and TV hosts who suggested flipping electors is the same as Trump actually Trying ..

Take a history lesson please, maybe if a 3rd party tells you how f up whatís heís trying is , maybe youíll be able to get out of the Cult
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:09 PM   #3
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again your clueless , so much so, you donít have the intellectual honesty to see the Truth

clearly you missed Trump crying Fraud before during the election 1st it was mail in ballots then it was poll watchers then in was George Soros Hugo and Venezuelan, then the voting machines changed vote when that failed he call Republicans from Minnesota and Pennsylvania in an attempt to appoint electors whoíll vote for him the POTUS didnt this Jim he didnít talk about it he did it.

But you think celebrities and TV hosts who suggested flipping electors is the same as Trump actually Trying ..

Take a history lesson please, maybe if a 3rd party tells you how f up whatís heís trying is , maybe youíll be able to get out of the Cult
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iíve said to you, very explicitly, 25 times, that itís awful for
trump to make claims
without evidence. how dim are you, that you still
donít get that?

now, is it supporting our democracy or undermining our democracy, to ask electors not to vote for the winner of an election

obviously thatís undermining democracy. but you wonít admit it, you physically cannot admit it, because you canít criticize democrats.

i take it you donít get invited to a whole lot of MENSA picnics.

liberal=correct, conservative=wrong, every time, no exceptions. because life is that simple.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:12 PM   #4
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
jim: isnít it antithetical to democracy to ask electors to do the opposite of what voters chose?

WDMSO: no, because orangemanbad.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:05 AM   #5
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,536
Jim Trumps President of the United States that seems to be the part your missing.

What people think who have Zero power to act on their ideas or suggestions like a conservative favorite AOC donít concern me..

Thatís seems to be the difference between you and I , and thatís fine

ps iíve said to you, very explicitly, 25 times, that itís awful for
trump to make claims,, Iíd call this the 1st time
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:51 AM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim Trumps President of the United States that seems to be the part your missing.

What people think who have Zero power to act on their ideas or suggestions like a conservative favorite AOC donít concern me..

Thatís seems to be the difference between you and I , and thatís fine

ps iíve said to you, very explicitly, 25 times, that itís awful for
trump to make claims,, Iíd call this the 1st time
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
the congress people
who called for impeaching him before his first day, therefore before he had a chance to commit an impeachable offense, arenít in a position of power?

quite the civics expert.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #7
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
saw a clip on tv just now...a montage of democrat elected officials, tv hosts, celebrities...after the 2016 election...all saying that electors should cast aside the election and not vote for trump.

someone explain how that wasnít a plot against our democratic institutions?

answer - itís always ok when democrats do it.
Never heard of it, must have been a big story.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #8
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Never heard of it, must have been a big story.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you never heard any of them suggesting that back then. if true, which is doubtful, itís a good example of your ignorance. if not true, itís a good example of your willingness to lie about democrats behaving badly.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:16 AM   #9
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you never heard any of them suggesting that back then. if true, which is doubtful, itís a good example of your ignorance. if not true, itís a good example of your willingness to lie about democrats behaving badly.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No, it just wasnít a big story. Looks like mostly a handful of Bernie electors who were looking for a PR stunt because they want to move away from the electoral college. Very different situation but youíre drunk on it because you watched a ďvideo.Ē
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:19 AM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No, it just wasnít a big story. Looks like mostly a handful of Bernie electors who were looking for a PR stunt because they want to move away from the electoral college. Very different situation but youíre drunk on it because you watched a ďvideo.Ē
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
liberals behaving badly is never a big story. but when conservatives do it, boy...

influential people asking the electoral college to ignore
an election, and people
in congress ( who took an oath to protect the constitution) calling for impeachment before his first day, not a big story. nope.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:30 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,289
Perhaps someone has forgotten about the birther who called Obamaís candidacy illegitimate and after his election called for his impeachment. And then they elected him, remember thereís always a tweet
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #12
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
liberals behaving badly is never a big story. but when conservatives do it, boy...

influential people asking the electoral college to ignore
an election, and people
in congress ( who took an oath to protect the constitution) calling for impeachment before his first day, not a big story. nope.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
People were discussing impeachment early because Trump was peddling impeachable offenses.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:10 PM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,968
Trump demands a Wis. recount, it adds to Bidens lead by 132 votes and it costs him 3 million to do it; is there any wonder he went bankrupt so many times.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:14 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,289
Newt Gingrich 2016:

"I think the recount mania is one more example of the collapse of the Democratic Party as a realistic institution....all of the nutcakes...they're going to delegitimize themselves. They're going to end up looking silly."

Newt 2020: The more data comes out on vote anomalies that clearly are not legitimate the more it looks like 2020 may be the biggest Presidential theft since Adams and Clay robbed Andrew Jackson in 1824. State legislatures should demand recounts.

Hmmmm
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:26 AM   #15
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,536
And in Breitbart land this is the reaction to Pennsylvania Supreme Court Tosses Challenge to Vote-by-Mail Because It Came Too Late

Simply saying you had no issue until you lost. Seeing
the court ruled September 17th that post marked ballots could be counted 3 days after the election but they only see their own realities

Biden Democrat operatives in Pennsylvania and at least 4 other swing states have shattered any confidence anyone will ever have for fair elections in the United States.....Joe Biden MUST be held directly accountable for his treasonous bullshŪτ!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:28 PM   #16
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,536
Latest Trump on Fox telling the Host the FBI and The DOJ are MIA on the voter fraud



When asked how he will prove his claims of election fraud, Trump said, ďIím going to use 125% of my energy to do it. You need a judge thatís willing to hear a case. You need a Supreme Court thatís willing to make a real big decision based on everything.Ē

Still pulling authoritarian Bs and dictator lite ... with a call to judges who are loyal And still the Republican leadership remains silent puttingTrump before country so not to lose their base .. and future elections how much farther are Republicans willing to go?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:51 PM   #17
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Latest Trump on Fox telling the Host the FBI and The DOJ are MIA on the voter fraud



When asked how he will prove his claims of election fraud, Trump said, ďIím going to use 125% of my energy to do it. You need a judge thatís willing to hear a case. You need a Supreme Court thatís willing to make a real big decision based on everything.Ē

Still pulling authoritarian Bs and dictator lite ... with a call to judges who are loyal And still the Republican leadership remains silent puttingTrump before country so not to lose their base .. and future elections how much farther are Republicans willing to go?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
right. because thatís what dictators do, they go to court and make an argument. just what hitler and pol pot did.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:44 PM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,968
Yup he has a great track record in court, but when Rudy is pleading your case it’s a clown show.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 05:01 PM   #19
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Yup he has a great track record in court, but when Rudy is pleading your case itís a clown show.
missed the point completely. he has a laughable record in court. but dictators donít hire lawyers and go to court and deal with losing, do they?

whatís dictatorial about hiring a lawyer and going to court? thatís the opposite of what a dictator would do. do none of you know what a dictator is?

i love the accusations that heís a dictator. because any dictator would
of course let CNN and MSNBC talk about him the way they do. right?

heís a dictator, who lets people trash him unlike any previous potus has dealt with. heís a racist, despite denouncing racists and doing more
for blacks than any president in at least 50 years.

Democrats want to reshape the nation to help them win, adding states and packing the court. the media couldnít be more biased, in an effort to help their preferred candidates. Big tech censors posts that are critical of democrats. but Trump is the dictator who is somehow, in ways not yet explained after four years, threatening our democracy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-29-2020 at 05:34 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 05:49 PM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,968
Jim if all you says is true please explain to me why that is. So using your argument the majority of the media is completely left leaning, yet there is a wealth on money on the right, is it that there is no media market for their message other than Fox. Trump in theory is the best guy for big tech, as he is all about deregulation, so why is big tech his enemy? You argue he isn’t acting like a dictator, it’s only because thankfully our systems has (so far) had enough checks and balances to prevent him from having complete control. Could it be that the Obama eight years and this decisive victory is a sign the Republican Party has an issue with connecting to the voting public.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 05:56 PM   #21
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim if all you says is true please explain to me why that is. So using your argument the majority of the media is completely left leaning, yet there is a wealth on money on the right, is it that there is no media market for their message other than Fox. Trump in theory is the best guy for big tech, as he is all about deregulation, so why is big tech his enemy? You argue he isnít acting like a dictator, itís only because thankfully our systems has (so far) had enough checks and balances to prevent him from having complete control. Could it be that the Obama eight years and this decisive victory is a sign the Republican Party has an issue with connecting to the voting public.
ďifĒ all i say is true? please tell
me what i said, exactly, which isnít true?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ďthere is a wealth on money on the rightĒ.

please clarify. liberals are more wealthy. liberal
strongholds are on the coasts, conservative stronghold is flyover country.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:05 PM   #22
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Could it be that the Obama eight years and this decisive victory is a sign the Republican Party has an issue with connecting to the voting public.
thatís just about as ignorant as it gets.

the obama 8 years were a disaster for democrats and a windfall for republicans. during that time, the democrats lost record numbers of seats at the federal, state, and municipal level. look it up. it was a disaster for democrats.

similarly, if youíre saying this election was a home run for democrats, tell that to anyone at the dnc. it was almost, not quite, a flop. everyone was talking about big gains in the house, and senate, and in state legislatures ( very important in census years). didnít happen.

this isnít a liberal country, which is why you donít see liberals making the case for liberalism ( late term abortions, green new deals, defunding police, forgiving student loans, etc.). what you hear from liberals, is that republicans are evil. thatís 90% of what you hear. never honest discussions about policy, because they know they canít win an honest discussion about policy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:18 PM   #23
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 5,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
right. because thatís what dictators do, they go to court and make an argument. just what hitler and pol pot did.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Trumps is shopping for a loyal judges

Iíd say I am shocked you canít tell the difference. But you can you just donít care.

What American President in history has done this.

Trump Claims FBI And Justice Department May Have Helped Rig Election

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...-rig-election/

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 11-29-2020 at 06:27 PM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:34 PM   #24
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump in theory is the best guy for big tech, as he is all about deregulation, so why is big tech his enemy? You argue he isnít acting like a dictator, itís only because thankfully our systems has (so far) had enough checks and balances to prevent him from having complete control. .
Fascinating, I mean fascinating.

IN THE SAME POST, you say Trump is an advocate for federal deregulation, and also a dictator.

You've lost your marbles. What kind of dictator, advocates for less federal regulation?

Trump wants smaller federal government control than you want, but HE'S the dictator.

Man oh man, you guys have blown a gasket.

"Trump in theory is the best guy for big tech"

Not if the CEOs are all liberals. I guess you really have your head in the sand.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:38 PM   #25
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trumps is shopping for a loyal judges

Iíd say I am shocked you canít tell the difference. But you can you just donít care.

What American President in history has done this.

Trump Claims FBI And Justice Department May Have Helped Rig Election

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...-rig-election/

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Trumps is shopping for a loyal judges "

And if he loses, he has said he'll leave. Not very dictatorial of him, is it.

YOU want more federal regulations than he wants, YOU want federal healthcare and more federal controls on everything. But Trump is the dictator.

If Trump is a dictator, and yet you want more powerful federal government than even he wants, doesn't that make you more of a dictator?

How can you possibly respond to that? Hold your pointer fnger horizontally, move it up and down quickly between your lips, and go "bee bee bee bee bee bee bee bee..."?

"Trump is a dictator! And he's the worst kind of dictator, the kind who wants to minimize federal control and give more liberty to individuals!"

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that is?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #26
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trumps is shopping for a loyal judges


What American President in history has done this.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Al Gore did exactly that. Exactly.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:08 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,289
Donald Trump accusing Bill Barr and the DOJ of trying to bring him down is proof that:

1. You are only useful to Donald Trump until you are no longer useful. At that point you are fair game to be thrown under the bus.

2. Donald is mentally unstable. Crazy may be a better word.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:18 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,968
It’s so fun to wind him up!
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #29
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Itís so fun to wind him up!
so how can you criticize someone for being too in favor of deregulation, and also of being a dictator?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:02 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,289
Guess youíd have to pay attention
The two things you cited are not mutually exclusive
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com