Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #61
sok
North Shore Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI guy
I can't wait for the fish to show up!!!!!!!Anyone?!!?
Can't get here quick enough.
sok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:44 AM   #62
Joe

That conspiracy theory is whacked.
If the conservatives were behind 9/11 why didn't they crash the planes in the co-ops on the Upper West Side? That's where all the big donor libs come from.

If they had taken out the 92nd St YMCA, they could have wiped out most of the next generation of the liberal elite in the pre-school. Or gone up to mid-town and taken out the NYT offices. If I remember it was a Tuesday, they could have gotten Maureen Dowd, easy.

I mean really, crashing through the offices of Merrill Lynch and Cantor Fitzgerald? Hello? They were bond traders. They were up there in the that top 5% of income and actually benefiting from the policies of the administration. You think they'd choose to wipe out card-carrying members of their base for cripes sake!

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:49 AM   #63
seabass
umm,the juicy sweets!!!!!

Skip, not trying to dodge anything, and no I wont go on any record saying President Bush ordered the attacks on Sept. 11. I don't Know who did.I'm mearly DEBATING the issue that they could have come from other sources then what our government would have us believe. I found the link (and theory) to be interesting, being open minded as I am. I'm as patriotic as anyone, just not shallow minded and easily manipulated.I can respect some peoples anger on this subject, the country needs closure, and the government realizes this.I will continue to absorb information and arrive at conclusions that fit the facts. On the other hand, I feel as if you believe everything that Pres. Bush says is Gospel. I think you are being a bit nieve. There are billions of dollars being made over this that the American tax payer is footing the bill for while some associative pockets are being filled.

Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
seabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:36 PM   #64
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass
Skip, not trying to dodge anything, and no I wont go on any record saying President Bush ordered the attacks on Sept. 11. I don't Know who did.I'm mearly DEBATING the issue that they could have come from other sources then what our government would have us believe. I found the link (and theory) to be interesting, being open minded as I am. I'm as patriotic as anyone, just not shallow minded and easily manipulated.I can respect some peoples anger on this subject, the country needs closure, and the government realizes this.I will continue to absorb information and arrive at conclusions that fit the facts. On the other hand, I feel as if you believe everything that Pres. Bush says is Gospel. I think you are being a bit nieve. There are billions of dollars being made over this that the American tax payer is footing the bill for while some associative pockets are being filled.
BINGO.. great answer.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 02:58 PM   #65
hummy22

wow...sorry to create such a heated debate over this. I was merely trying to share something that I thought was interesting and mind numbing. I have lost a friend (almost 4 but the other 3 decided to stay out late and got to work late) along with a job because of the whole debacle. I'm not trying to pursuade anyone nor am I anti-government, I just thought the story contained some interesting facts. damn....when's the fish arriving???
hummy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #66
stripersnipr

With all the REAL issues in the world to concern oneself with this one is just a waste of time.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote