Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
McCain has the conservative Christian vote. Thats for certain.
I wouldn't agree. McCain has endorsed federal funding of some stem cell research which has raised many CC hackles. They may vote for him over the Dem, but he's not going to turn out the base like Bush was able to with his focused pander campaign.

And RIJIMMY, you still need to do some splaining.

-spence
Old 05-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #32
wheresmy50

McCain is not a "conservative" republican. He'll get from the middle, not the right.

Anyone read the little poll tidbit from PA? 42% of those who voted for Hillary would stay home if the race was between McCain and Clinton.

I love this stuff about the evil RNC. On it's best day, the RNC couldn't do half as much damage to the democrats as the DNC. I guess the RNC set up the current "superdelegate" system and filled the democrat ranks with mediocre candidates?

I don't know who at the RNC puts Al Sharpton on the democrate debate stage every 4 years, but the guy's a political genius.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmy50 View Post
McCain is not a "conservative" republican.
A statement like this of course assumes there is a standard definition for a "conservative republican" of which there is not. Most of the McCain isn't a CR mantra stems from his opposition of Bush's round 2 tax cuts and little more.

The Rebublican standard by which many American associate with used to be embodied by Barry Goldwater, although by "todays" standards he'd be a flaming, pink panty wearing liberal in bed with Osama Bin Laden. You're either with us or with the terrorists you know.

The reality is that there are countless kinds of Republicans, many of whom share little common values. The fragile reality is has been exacerbated by the Bush Presidency.

Quote:
I don't know who at the RNC puts Al Sharpton on the democrate debate stage every 4 years, but the guy's a political genius.
Listen to Rush today?

-spence
Old 05-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #34
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Spence, not sure if you were being sarcastic with your statement - Personal tangents like the Rev Wright or Vince Foster are pithy compared to what people really care about.

The Wright debacle is something that will not go away and sheds a lot of doubt on Obama. I've been to 50 baptisms, never one where the PASTOR of the church performs the ceremony. Obama and WRight were close, Americans know that and in the end will hold the Wright controversy against him. I re-read some of the posts, at least we agree that Hillary could actually beat McCain.

Anyone hear that the Florida dems are goign to March on the Denver Convention to get their delegates in? This nomination is goign to be a blood bath for the dems.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 05-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
The Wright debacle is something that will not go away and sheds a lot of doubt on Obama. I've been to 50 baptisms, never one where the PASTOR of the church performs the ceremony.
The Wright issue is already going away, sure some right wing pundits will try to keep it alive as long as possible but the mainstream media is giving it far less coverage than they did last week.

Simply because there are bigger more important issues to discuss. There was no sarcasm in my post, and my pastor performed my baptism.

-spence
Old 05-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #36

The Wright issue has not gone away! How many news programs and newspapers carried stories just this past week if anything it is making his supporters take another look at him.

He is very lucky he built up a large lead when the media handled him with white gloves otherwise Hillary would be far ahead. Give Hillary credit she appeared on The Factor and had a very good showing for herself answered some very tough questions.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #37
spence

It most certiainly is going away, though I doubt it will ever be gone. Just checked every major news site and didn't even see it mentioned. I do see stories of Obama looking good in the primaries. Good for him to get it out of his system now rather than in October.

And I agree, the Clinton interview was definately a good move for her and she showed very well.

-spence