Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Chesapeake Bill

Scott,

I'm with you. If Saddam can get a trial before he was hung these guys shoudl have had a similar opportunity. In the end we demonstrate what we profess (even if the result is the same). At least we practice what we preach. I never read your posts to provde any support for them...only that we act responsibly instead of like our typical lynch mob selves...I'm with you.

I'll offer to pull the lever on the gallows as soon as the trial is over (i'd offer before knowing what the outcome will be).
Old 10-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
I'm pretty sure the family of Leon Klinghoffer begs to differ Scott.He was wheelchair bound and thrown over-board.Ally my ass he was a monster who HATED the US.

You got this wrong big time bro.Gaddafi got what he deserved.
Leon Klinghoffer was killed by Palestinian militants / Abbu Abbas.

Gaddafi did Pan Am 103, the Berlin nigh club La Belle, which killed several US military personell, and various other levels from terrorism to support of other terrorists (IRA, RAF, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxticket View Post
Having read more into Saltys posts he does have a valid opinion on the surface. Countries will not trust US fearing that their leaders can be assassinated. Also this could set an example for other countries to do the same to other countries.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Countries will not trust the US because on one hand we chum up to some of the #^&#^&#^&#^&tators (Mubarak, and Colonel K for example), before we see which way the wind is blowing and call for their ouster. You can be pretty sure the Saudi's are not very trusting of our relationships these days. Assassination attempts that don't pass the smell test or not.

I really don't think the Arabs can handle any level of democracy and self determination. I truly hope they can but i have big doubts.

Bin Laden? Do it all over 3 thousand times. He was certainly an enemy combatant.

Al-Awaki ? That's the only one I really have a problem with as a group of people decided it was OK to kill an American Citizen. No trial in absentia. A group of White House lawyers.

As for Colonel K. Good riddance. Would have much prefered at the end of a trial a la Saddam but we weren't the lead on this. As we were leading from behind on this one.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Leon Klinghoffer was killed by Palestinian militants / Abbu Abbas.
100% funded by the Libyan government aka Gaddafi.Its why we bombed Libya.