Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-03-2021, 01:23 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The story was spun to fit the anti-trans narrative. First the trans bathroom policy wasn't even in place at the time. Second the two had snuck into the bathroom to have sex several times previously. Third, she chose the location. Apparently she then said no but he didn't want to stop. Its still rape and terrible but the story was twisted to fit an agenda.
i believe the trans bathroom policy was in place at the time. they covered up the rape, in order to get the votes needed to extend it.

i don’t see any relevance, none, to the sexual history of a child, and i don’t want to know. no one that i have seen is saying that encounter was consensual, and the kid was convicted.

you left out that the school
officials sent the rapist to another school without telling them
he was a rapist, so he was allowed to assault a second victim.

the most infuriating part of the story, is that the superintendent knowing my lied and said he had no report of a rape taking place. when we have an earlier email from him, alluding to the rape. he called the victims father a liar in public.

you left that part out. and then obama saying no one has any valid reason to be concerned, just a bunch of lying, homophobic white supremacists ( who are being called white supremacists by the left, even though they also elected a black lieutenant governor.).

i’m sure you don’t see how trans bathroom policies make it easier for rapes to take place.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i believe the trans bathroom policy was in place at the time. they covered up the rape, in order to get the votes needed to extend it.
Both the NYT and Reason.com have reported on this. Policy was two months away.

Quote:
i don’t see any relevance, none, to the sexual history of a child, and i don’t want to know. no one that i have seen is saying that encounter was consensual, and the kid was convicted.
It's super relevant as it establishes this was not a random act of violence.

Quote:
you left out that the school officials sent the rapist to another school without telling them he was a rapist, so he was allowed to assault a second victim.
At the time the DNA evidence wasn't available and the police only have a 21 day window to act but he had to be relocated so they gave him an ankle bracelet. If distance learning was available they should have done that.

Quote:
the most infuriating part of the story, is that the superintendent knowing my lied and said he had no report of a rape taking place. when we have an earlier email from him, alluding to the rape. he called the victims father a liar in public.
Apparently the laws prohibit discussing anything about a minor when there's a legal proceeding underway and the police have to investigate it before the school can. I'm guessing the super panicked and just didn't handle the situation very well.
Quote:
i’m sure you don’t see how trans bathroom policies make it easier for rapes to take place.
I really don't. There's nothing stopping anyone from walking into another sex's bathroom and assaulting someone today. Perhaps a cheap fix are cameras outside of bathroom doors. I'm not sure if K-12 sexual assault by another student is even that common.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Both the NYT and Reason.com have reported on this. Policy was two months away.

It's super relevant as it establishes this was not a random act of violence.

At the time the DNA evidence wasn't available and the police only have a 21 day window to act but he had to be relocated so they gave him an ankle bracelet. If distance learning was available they should have done that.

Apparently the laws prohibit discussing anything about a minor when there's a legal proceeding underway and the police have to investigate it before the school can. I'm guessing the super panicked and just didn't handle the situation very well.

I really don't. There's nothing stopping anyone from walking into another sex's bathroom and assaulting someone today. Perhaps a cheap fix are cameras outside of bathroom doors. I'm not sure if K-12 sexual assault by another student is even that common.
oh, you didn’t say it was NYT, that settles things.

the meeting where the rape was lied about, included a vote to extend the policy. there was already some kind of policy in place before that meeting, i don’t know if it was in place at the time of the rape. regardless, the superintendent lied, obviously so people would vote for the policy.

and the kids second assault, at the second school, was that random? are random acts of violence worse than acts of violence against someone you know? i have zero interest in splitting those hairs

seems obvious to me, that allowing boys into the girls room puts girls at greater risk. i’m not sure i get how that can be refuted, yet i know you don’t agree.

i taught Spence, in a large public school district. there’s no law that prevented the district from telling the second school what this kid was accused of. he could have been watched at all times. should have been watched at all times. not rocket science. .

the superintendent sent an email
to some staff, alluding to the rape. i don’t know where you’re getting the idea that it’s against the law to discuss it amongst staff, in the interest of safety.

i’m sure the father of the second victim is glad he had an ankle monitor, if that’s true.

“there’s nothing stopping someone from walking into the other sex’s. bathroom.”

yes there is. fear of getting caught breaking a rule and being called a pervert. when i taught, if i saw a boy walking into the girls room, Id be expected to physically stop him. in Loudon county today, i’d be expected to hold
the door open for him, and say “right this way”.

making a whole lot of assumptions, many of which are laughable.