Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Backbeach Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Piscator - you are right. Even if Paterno reported to his "bosses" as he was supposed to, if the PSU admin covered it up he probably should have gone to the state police / youth services. In the end, nothing here was acceptable.

As a father part of me wonders why Sandusky was not beaten up prior to being reported to authorities.
Sandusky's foundation target at risk kids, those with no fathers in their lives. He farmed his victims, the sick bastard, and he farmed them out as well. According to rumblings.
If evil had a face it's Sandusky.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
Sandusky's foundation target at risk kids, those with no fathers in their lives. He farmed his victims, the sick bastard, and he farmed them out as well. According to rumblings.
If evil had a face it's Sandusky.
Yup, there are strong rumors, from sources out there, that the Second Mile foundation was actually pimping kids out to powerful people in the community, and around the state.

What has come out so far is just the tip of the iceberg.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
stcroixman

Second Mile foundation will have their Not for profit status yanked by IRS after their inevitable investigation is done, another domino to fall.

I really thought the Board could have made a ballsy statement by saying PSU will finish its regular season schedule and decline a Big 10 Championship game and bowl invite.

They still cover that $5-10 million bowl game so they haven't shown true remorse IMO. This could still happen. It would be another big pill to swallow especially with the lawsuits they are facing
stcroixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Yup, there are strong rumors, from sources out there, that the Second Mile foundation was actually pimping kids out to powerful people in the community, and around the state.

What has come out so far is just the tip of the iceberg.
That is the sickest part of what I am afraid we are going to see revealed.... Some big names on their different boards, some of whom were not aware they were even on the boards.

Statement from Lou Holtz - ESPN

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
striperman36
Old Guy

the DA that indicted Sandusky the first time also 'disappeared' mysteriously

It's going to be a total cluster when it all comes out. I willing to say that many people knew what was up and cast a blind eye in the name of Nittany Lion football.

I am disgusted by my alma mater.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
That is the sickest part of what I am afraid we are going to see revealed.... Some big names on their different boards, some of whom were not aware they were even on the boards.

Statement from Lou Holtz - ESPN
All of these charitable foundations have big names on their "advisory" boards, and in almost every case, all they're doing is lending their names to the organizations. They rarely, if ever, take part in running things, or even do anything more than lend their names.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #7
stcroixman

Yup, Like Mike P says - It looks really good for the Organization and the individual to be involved with each other.

Then it hits the fan, and you are automatically associated with it.

Lou Holtz wouldn't be associated with a coverup. I still can't believe Paterno was so stupid.

Joe Pa gave up his repuation for his best friend. Some would say Honorable - I say Stupid.
stcroixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Sundowner

As the student body president said, the eyes of the world are on PSU. Therefor, I believe, and support, anyone that had knowledge of this will be prosecuted criminally and civilly. I said it here earlier and will say it again, Joe Pa is Penn St.(practically Pennsylvania), nothing happens w/ or w/o his say so. Bottom line is, there were many ppl that knew about it and there was not enough done about it. No excuses and no preferential treatment. Everyone must go down for this horrific act.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
As the student body president said, the eyes of the world are on PSU. Therefor, I believe, and support, anyone that had knowledge of this will be prosecuted criminally and civilly. I said it here earlier and will say it again, Joe Pa is Penn St.(practically Pennsylvania), nothing happens w/ or w/o his say so. Bottom line is, there were many ppl that knew about it and there was not enough done about it. No excuses and no preferential treatment. Everyone must go down for this horrific act.
Having knowledge of a crime, and not reporting it, isn't a crime unless the person in question is a mandated reporter. It would be nice if everyone who looked the other way could go to prison, but the law doesn't allow for it. There would have to be evidence of a cover-up, or using influence to cause the case to be dropped. Obstruction of justice like activity. My guess is that they're investigating that possibility as we speak, and that's what Paterno has retained the services of a top criminal defense attorney.