Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-31-2017, 08:48 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The point is that he can't help himself where if he is giving a good speech he needs to Veer off and start saying stupid stuff. .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You're right, he can't. No one is denying that. The majority of people who voted for him, seem to be willing to admit his many flaws. That's the difference between this president and the former.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:02 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I can't recall you saying anyone was losing there $#^&#^&#^&#^& when the right here was posting petty, whiney, childish things about Pres. Obama (and I'm not talking about legitimate political complaints). - Do a search how much time was spent talking about how much golf he played or vac. he took.
Paul, I often pointed out the mistakes that Obama made, but with the 57 states thing, I usually commented that anyone will say stupid things when a camera is in front of them 24/7 for years at a time. The reason why I commonly pointed out Obama's meaningless gaffes, was because 95% of the left claimed he was this walks-on-water Messiah, an orator so brilliant that people fainted at his rallies, and how great it was to have a genius in there after 8 years of Bush the village idiot. I did it to show the hypocrisy.

Almost nobody on the left could ever bring themselves to criticize Obama, it was very much like a cult. And people who did criticize him, were accused of racism constantly. On the flip side, tons of people on the right regularly criticize Trump.

Of course there are kooks and blind ideologues on both sides. However, I see way more intellectual honesty on the right. Aside from Sean Hannity, I see very few mindless robots on the right who defend everything he does (except those in his inner circle, obviously).

I think Trump is a reptile in terms of his personal moral compass. But I'd vote for him in a second against Hilary, and probably against any Democrat at this point.

The furor over this speech, shows exactly how predictable, thoughtless, fanatical and close-minded the left is. Trump is living rent-free in all of your heads, and he loves it. You couldn't be doing more to feed his ego.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:30 AM   #33
DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Trump is living rent-free in all of your heads, and he loves it. You couldn't be doing more to feed his ego.
Great line.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.