Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
FishermanTim

And then there's the state reps battle in Athol...

The incumbent (D) state rep Denise Andrews reportedly called police to "inform" them that her opponent (R) Susannah Whipps Lee had bought drugs and then covered it up.

This idiot must think the public is as stupid as she is if they believe any of what she is claiming.

Per the new story, Andrews informed the Cheif of Police of these claims that were "sent by ab unamed sourse".

Gee, isn't that convenient?

"
"Allegedly the drug dealer called the police department to report that they had just sold cocaine to another citizen in our town and that using that information, my police department sent a police officer up to that citizen's house, the one who bought the cocaine, and retrieved it from them," Chief Anderson said.

After that meeting, the chief met with Lee.

"He said it was the incumbent, Denise Andrews, who had come into his office and reported that I had purchased cocaine," Lee said. "If it was true, I should be prosecuted. And I was astounded."

The chief says the officer allegedly sent to Lee's home wasn't even on duty that day. The internal investigation took two weeks.

"I was able to determine that the allegations were not founded. Nobody from my police department was involved and that the incident itself most likely did not happen," Chief Anderson said."

Does anybody doubt that Andrews fabricated this story just to save her a$$??? Maybe there should be a little more investigating to see if Andrews should be charged with filing a false report?

I guess when you get desperate, you'll do ANYTHING to save your political job?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
striperman36
Old Guy

Great Story
Old 09-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

That is just ridiculous
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Making a false report to a police department is a crime.

Did you ever think it could be a hoax to garner sympathy.......?

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Making a false report to a police department is a crime.

Did you ever think it could be a hoax to garner sympathy.......?

Hoax by who?

The police have the record of Andrews contacting them, and the reply by Lee to the allegations.

If it's a hoax, it's the worst attempt I've seen or heard about since the incident when Morton Downey Jr. shot for his 15 minutes of notoriety when he claimed to be attacked by skinheads in an airport bathroom, drawing a swatstika on his face....until he was shown with a REVERSE swastika that he drew himself by looking in the bathroom mirror!

What it looks like is a desparate incumbent looking to discredit and disgrace her opponent by ANY means neccesary!

I will laugh my arse off if the police investigation draws a direct link back to Andrews BEFORE the election and not after!