Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #271
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
When the NRA and big money owns our policies it doesn’t even matter that over 90% of ALL Americans want the universal background check legislation passed.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I am a member of the NRA, they fight to protect our rights, not murder babies and foster racists no matter how much I see that form the left. I am OK with enhanced background checks, fixing the ones that already exist. I'm even OK with Red Flag laws BUT I require an acceptable and honest adherence to Due Process, sunset clauses, and rigorous and approved guidelines that clearly states qualification and disqualification. I won't negotiate away my right to self defense (nor yours for that matter) to political movements that want to incrementally take away my rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you should come around more often like most 2 a supporters here you are the only ones talking confiscation or bans .. and spewing this god given aspect to 2A
Left: "We don't want to take away your rights, we won't confiscate your guns. You can hunt or target practice."

Also Left: "We require that you disassemble your firearms, store them broken down into pieces, in separate locations from ammunition, locked in other storage containers, and you can't have your (locked) ammunition in the same location as your (locked) firearm while transporting."

Quote:
Wasn’t meant to be funny, but if you are a gun owner and have already purchased and passed a background check, then my statement is true; those changes in and of themselves do NOT impact your ability to arm yourself.
New rules are constantly being added and proposed to nullify previous background checks.

Quote:
No you missed my original point, in that yet another mass shooting gets Trump talking momentarily about universal background checks, only to reverse course on talking to the NRA, which prompted the usual NRA talking points by RR. To which I asked why universal background checks and closing show and private sale loopholes would affect anyone’s ability to legally purchase legal arms under the 2A. So how does he or anyone win that very pointed question, they can’t unless they need those loopholes to secure those arms. So RR and others spew the usual NRA talking points, it’s an old argument, but explain to me the harm done by the background checks and closing loopholes?
Red Flag laws sound good until you get in the weeds on them.

Quote:
Join the your wrong I am right club.. we get that alot from 2a guys.. its a typical response along with long theorize responses ..

Just the kind of people you can never have a conversation with..
Fortunately for you, the digital and modern medium of your Freedom of Speech is enabling the discussion over the modern interpretation of the musket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't know anyone who thinks the problem will go away, it's a complex issue with easy access to military weapons being only one facet.
National Firearms Act prevents me form accessing Military Weapons for personal use.

Quote:
You dismiss the Constitution as having any effect on your ideas

No .. I dont hide behind it like yourself...making interpretations that only a grandeious few see.. all in a defense in a selfish claim that owning any weapon is a Right.

Ive said it 100 times have no issues with owing a gun .. I take issue with the i can have any gun mantra or any regulations lead to confiscation .. help find the common ground or the common ground will found for you...
I can't have any gun.

Also Wayne "Compromise or you will be forced to accept our compromise"

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #272
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It’s only doomed if you can’t see the solution.
When you remove greed from the equation and substitute it with fairness solutions can become a reality.

The problem of course is when one mans idea of what is fair conflicts with another’s...
When the fair solution involves stable families then the answer has nothing to do with greed. No amount of handouts will repair the epidemic of broken households which lack role models. If you call it fair to take something away that somebody earned legally,only to hand it out to whom you consider less fortunate then you have defined unfairness. Ours is not a perfect world so get used to it and make the best of it.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-26-2019, 07:24 AM   #273
scottw

just imagine what will happen if the American Left gets hold of this

https://www.businessinsider.com/chin...plained-2018-4
Old 08-27-2019, 01:10 PM   #274
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Also Wayne "Compromise or you will be forced to accept our compromise"

Yes that's how it works ... when you sit on your hands and your answer is always no ... your predictions of consfcation will be of your own making

funny republicans do it with abortion all the time there is no compromise just outright ban on a personal choice but they dont see it in the constitution.. it's a different matter altogether
Old 08-27-2019, 07:15 PM   #275
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Yes that's how it works ... when you sit on your hands and your answer is always no ... your predictions of consfcation will be of your own making
"Do what we say or we'll ban you"

Fix existing laws...

"Do what we say or we'll ban you"

Let's look at the data on how firearms are used (Violence, Gangs, Suicides - though all are down)

"Do what we say or we'll ban you, and it will be your fault"

Quote:
funny republicans do it with abortion all the time there is no compromise just outright ban on a personal choice but they dont see it in the constitution.. it's a different matter altogether
It is not in the Constitution, therefore Congress gets to pass laws at the Fedederal level and states pass laws at the state level. Courts decide whether or not it fits in the Consitution.

The 2A *IS* in the Constitution.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-27-2019, 07:43 PM   #276
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

BULLCRAP! One is a right, the other is a moral obligation or a choice up to the point of murder. The left doesn't seem to favor responsibility these days, too busy trying to find utopia

Compromise for the Left is their way to confiscation without calling it that, but make no mistake, that is their goal.

We've seen it so many times. The leftists anti-gunners know how to "compromise" for just half the pie... each and every time... until they own the whole pie!

If we are fed up with that crap, how can you lay the blame on us for fighting against it? that is a big GFY

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:47 PM   #277
Slipknot
Super Moderator

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/20...o-gun-control/

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:07 AM   #278
ReelinRod

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
You dismiss the Constitution as having any effect on your ideas,
No .. I dont hide behind it like yourself...making interpretations that only a grandeious few see.. all in a defense in a selfish claim that owning any weapon is a Right.

By all means point out any incorrect interpretation I've presented.

Quote:
Ive said it 100 times have no issues with owing a gun .. I take issue with the i can have any gun mantra or any regulations lead to confiscation .. help find the common ground or the common ground will found for you...

You have no issues with me owning a gun just as long as it is one you approve of, and only one , maybe two if they are small and not too much ammo, and if I don't like those decrees I will find out that you really mean business, I'll be lucky if my house isn't burned down with me and my family in it when your proxy's come and take what you think I shouldn't have . . .

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:29 AM   #279
ReelinRod

Quote:
Your cracking me up with your posts, I suggest the NRA got into Trumps head after he talked about getting better background checks in play and suddenly I have disdain for the constitution
And that's EXACTLY the kind of crap that makes it clear you and your ilk are not honest and above board. You can't even maintain continuity and keep your reply attached to what I wrote.

In typical fashion, you can't do anything without some degree of misdirection, misrepresentation or duplicitousness.

My "disdain for the Constitution" statement was a specific response to your "NRA talking points" BS.

That you can't address the Constitutional / legal argument leaves you with the weak "NRA talking points" put-down. You have no interest in ever learning about what you detest because you desire to see the Constitution destroyed and to no longer be a hurdle to your leftist agenda.

Yes, your dismissive "NRA talking points" insult screams of your disdain for the Constitution; you refuse to engage in a discussion of a topic that disgusts you because discussing the Constitution competently would require some respect for it and what it represents.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:32 AM   #280
ReelinRod

Quote:
I couldn't respond to him because I was laughing so hard. The principals and values line has been beaten to death. Tell that to the millions of "conservatives" who put faith in a POTUS who violates nearly everything they say they hold dear.
Another Orange Man Bad marionette that insults and shucks and jives and never says anything of substance.

Quote:
Just another NRA talking point. Nothing can be done, move along...
Look at the trained seal balance the ball on his nose!

Old 08-28-2019, 02:46 AM   #281
ReelinRod

Quote:
Yeah, us demanding that government abide by the Constitution and warning about unconstitutional overstepping of authority, will force government to finally prove all our warnings were correct.

And you will be cheering . . .

Quote:
I enjoy going at any gun rights /abortion rights comparison (because abortion rights depend on gun rights) and I know you think you had a point in there somewhere, but that statement was completely incoherent.