Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-03-2019, 09:42 PM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Has Trump made a current claim about article 5. In 2017 he made a strong commitment to it in his Poland speech. He is known to give seemingly different (at least in the brains of his critics)"signals" for strategic purposes. He has criticized NATO's effectiveness and its members lack of commitment to paying their share, but I don't think he has ever specifically said that we would not commit to article 5.
If he has, as you say, "currently" that we would not honor it, when was that? "Might not" does not carry much weight since he, as I said, gives off different signals for strategic (bluffs to get desired action) reasons.
Try today

It carries a lot of weight if you’re also a NATO signatory planning your foreign policy or a possible ally deciding what path to pursue.
That’s why we are the United States and this is what we stand for, do and expect. The world knew that for decades, the last administration faltered and this one has thrown it away.
A fickle feckless friend is worth little more than nothing.
Never know when those bonespurs are gonna act up.
And don’t dream that the diplomats of the world didn’t see how Pompeo failed his staff, just as sleazy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #92
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Try today

It carries a lot of weight if you’re also a NATO signatory planning your foreign policy or a possible ally deciding what path to pursue.
That’s why we are the United States and this is what we stand for, do and expect. The world knew that for decades, the last administration faltered and this one has thrown it away.
A fickle feckless friend is worth little more than nothing.
Never know when those bonespurs are gonna act up.
And don’t dream that the diplomats of the world didn’t see how Pompeo failed his staff, just as sleazy.
What did he say?
Old 12-03-2019, 10:20 PM   #93
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What did he say?
Watch his pressers, you love those long verbose videos.

The other heads of state found his performance quite comical, he does love to get a laugh out of the crowd
This time he was the subject, again.
There’s a Floridaman tweet for that.
I’ll have to find it tomorrow to go with the clip.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2019, 11:33 PM   #94
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Watch his pressers, you love those long verbose videos.

The other heads of state found his performance quite comical, he does love to get a laugh out of the crowd
This time he was the subject, again.
There’s a Floridaman tweet for that.
I’ll have to find it tomorrow to go with the clip.
Thanks man. This was great. Really helpful stuff. You really say a lot of very informative things. I feel embarrassed when my verbose videos are matched up next to your fantastic links, cuts and pastes, and general remarks like these here gems in this post.

Kudos, and best wishes. I will devoutly follow your wisdom and hope to become a better person.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:02 AM   #95
PaulS

Well at least Pres. Trump has accomplished something he promised he would do - world leaders are no longer laughing at the US.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #96
scottw

trump fixed nato not the chuckling twits