Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #1
wdmso

TRUMP wont do debates

He is worried which media personality will be chosen as the debate moderator.”

Guess who else skips debates...( omg Putin what a coincidence) maybe this is where he got the idea
Old 12-14-2019, 09:47 AM   #2
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He is worried which media personality will be chosen as the debate moderator.”

Guess who else skips debates...( omg Putin what a coincidence) maybe this is where he got the idea
We have debated this over the coffee pot at work. It wouldn't surprise me, however I think he will ultimately have to do at least one, otherwise the other candidate will just call him a coward and he won't do that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-14-2019, 11:20 AM   #3
spence

Get Hannity to moderate.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:40 PM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Anddddd the further down the rabbit hole we go, lack of non-bias in media continues to rear its ugly head. Trump (who should debate) can blame realistic unfairness in coverage just like actual Fake News provides cover for his fake Fake News.

Ahhh it is to reminisce to the days when Romney was going to kill 47% percent of the US with his Baine Capital Binders full of wimin...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-14-2019, 01:49 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Anddddd the further down the rabbit hole we go, lack of non-bias in media continues to rear its ugly head. Trump (who should debate) can blame realistic unfairness in coverage just like actual Fake News provides cover for his fake Fake News.

Ahhh it is to reminisce to the days when Romney was going to kill 47% percent of the US with his Baine Capital Binders full of wimin...
Realistic unfairness thats funny.. you suggest he has done nothing to garner the attention he gets

I doubt he would debate with questions taken from a Hat or a computer . He would still wave the bias flag .
The man just can't answer hard questions . Hes good at pointing fingers and lying
Old 12-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Get Hannity to moderate.
Dont think he would take the risk..
Old 12-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Ahhh it is to reminisce to the days when Romney was going to kill 47% percent of the US
didn't he actually say he wouldn't care about 47% of Americans if he got elected. Think about that statement and what it means for the president to say that.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:44 PM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
didn't he actually say he wouldn't care about 47% of Americans if he got elected. Think about that statement and what it means for the president to say that.
You mean he was going to stick them in the Deplorable Basket

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-14-2019, 06:47 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Realistic unfairness thats funny.. you suggest he has done nothing to garner the attention he gets

I doubt he would debate with questions taken from a Hat or a computer . He would still wave the bias flag .
The man just can't answer hard questions . Hes good at pointing fingers and lying
Oh he absolutely has done plenty of things to garner a sizeable amount of attention. Probably half the time it is justified. But he, like any other Republican, will not get a fair deal from the media. This is why we not have a Trump. Remember, Romney was going to be like Hitler, after the Bu#^&#^&#^&#^&ler of course, and now we have Trumphitler.

Quote:
No, he said that 47% of the population were not going to vote for him no matter what because, his quote:

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," Romney said in the video. "All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what."

But remember, he had binders full of women qualified to run various departments that were going to be part of his administration. But the media ran with that to cudgel him. And that he was going to steal everyone's money, make grandma homeless.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-14-2019, 07:13 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

Informed vs. uninformed
Old 12-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
he said 47% americans would
vote for obama because they feel entitled to have the government take care of them, and they feel like
victims. it was a stupid comment. I don’t think he said he wouldn’t care about them. Romney was a good
guy, not very exciting, but not what you were told
he is either. They made a big deal
that he had resumes if i
pressure women in a notebook, for god’s sake.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
he said 47% americans would
vote for obama because they feel entitled to have the government take care of them, and they feel like
victims. it was a stupid comment. I don’t think he said he wouldn’t care about them. Romney was a good
guy, not very exciting, but not what you were told
he is either. They made a big deal
that he had resumes of impressive women in a notebook, for god’s sake.

Democrats can’t debate ideas anymore, all they have is personal
attacks.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:15 PM   #13
PaulS

Quote:
And so my job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
Old 12-14-2019, 10:16 PM   #14
PaulS

you both need to read his full quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:58 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
you both need to read his full quote
when he was governor of massachusetts, is there any evidence he didn’t care about liberals on welfare?

he was a decent guy. painted as a sexist for keeping resumes
in a binder. that’s not crazy.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:00 AM   #16
wdmso

Quote:
attacks.

You do know whos in the White house. The king of personal attacks.. you and Republicans attacked made up everything you could against Hillary 3 years of investigation with zero
to show for it prior to the election but you guys complain about Romney's 47% comment.

Funny you all are complaining about your bias media and enemy of the people ..... how did Trump get elected
Old 12-15-2019, 08:05 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:

Funny you all are complaining about your bias media and enemy of the people ..... how did Trump get elected

Russians
Old 12-15-2019, 08:09 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
when he was governor of massachusetts, is there any evidence he didn’t care about liberals on welfare?

Jim it was Romney's responsibility to defend or explain that comment ... did you for get your distain for hilliarys deplorables comment. Did you forgive her explanation or accept her apology. She said it she owend it and the media reported it and the historical amnesia here is amazing

And they both paid for their mistakes
Old 12-15-2019, 09:20 AM   #19
PaulS

Quote:

so did you read his full statement
Old 12-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #20
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Informed vs. uninformed
There's informed, uninformed and just plain stupid. Who do you think you are in this discussion?
Old 12-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #21
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You mean he was going to stick them in the Deplorable Basket
so what do you call the hugh percentage of Republicans who still to this day think Obama is a Muslim and born in Kenya w/o ever having the slightest bit of evidence? Aren't they deplorable? And didn't Hillary apologize for saying that? So there's a false equivalency between constantly using that and sitting quietly on your hands not saying anything about Trump's constant insults. Hipocracy at its finest.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
so what do you call the hugh percentage of Republicans who still to this day think Obama is a Muslim and born in Kenya w/o ever having the slightest bit of evidence?
I call them idiots, Paul. they’re idiots. I also don’t think it’s a HUGE percentage.

Quote:
So there's a false equivalency between constantly using that and sitting quietly on your hands not saying anything about Trump's constant insults. Hipocracy at its finest.
I’ll make my feelings known at the voting booth. I’m pretty sure throwing hissy fits on a fishing board’s political forum is not going to change the world.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
attacks.

You do know whos in the White house. The king of personal attacks.. you and Republicans attacked made up everything you could against Hillary 3 years of investigation with zero
to show for it prior to the election but you guys complain about Romney's 47% comment.

"You do know whos in the White house. The king of personal attacks."

Agreed. But there's a lot more to the GOP, than Trump. I watch CNN and MSNBC all the time. You rarely hear rigorous debate about the merits of each side's ideas. All you hear, is smear.

When liberalism has the track record it has, at least in terms of the economy, that explains why liberals don't want to talk about results and empirical evidence - because the evidence makes it very clear that their ideas are bad ideas. So they create a diversion by screaming racism with every breath,
Old 12-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
so did you read his full statement
I did. It was stupid, and he deserved to pay a political price for it. But his actions as governor, certainly show that's not what he really feels.

I have no problem commenting on your statements about his words. I don't see that you had anything to say, about the media painting him as a knuckle dragging sexist, for having a binder of resumes of talented women. Can't say anything bad about your side, just attack the other side.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #25
Sea Dangles

Quote:
There's informed, uninformed and just plain stupid. Who do you think you are in this discussion?
I am informed. You sewed up the stupid award long ago and cement the title every post.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:

so what do you call the hugh percentage of Republicans who still to this day think Obama is a Muslim and born in Kenya

people with a sense of humor
Old 12-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #27
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I am informed. You sewed up the stupid award long ago and cement the title every post.
but you posted because you thought I was uninformed. In fact you were = as you constantly are wrong. You show absolutely no intelligence here and instead try to annoy people like a 13 year old girl.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #28
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I call them idiots, Paul. they’re idiots. I also don’t think it’s a HUGE percentage.

I’ll make my feelings known at the voting booth. I’m pretty sure throwing hissy fits on a fishing board’s political forum is not going to change the world.
So you call them idiots and Hillary called them by another name. What's the difference? It was like 40%. Don't you think that's a huge percentage.

So don't continue to throw hissy-fits on this site if you don't want to.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #29
Sea Dangles

Wrong again tough guy🤡🤡🤡
Old 12-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
I did. It was stupid, and he deserved to pay a political price for it. But his actions as governor, certainly show that's not what he really feels.

I have no problem commenting on your statements about his words. I don't see that you had anything to say, about the media painting him as a knuckle dragging sexist, for having a binder of resumes of talented women. Can't say anything bad about your side, just attack the other side.
I pointed out that I was correct and that your comment to my statement was in fact wrong because you left out the most important part. So maybe that's why he didn't win the election that he didn't think he had to care about almost half of The Americans. I suppose you're going to throw out one of your classless insults that I'm foaming at the mouth. When in fact that's what you do constantly.