Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-15-2021, 08:08 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Rittenhouse was legally in possession of that rifle

ok, on many TV stations, and God knows how many blogs,, and even among a few of you here, I was told that Rittenhouse wasn’t legally allowed to be holding that rifle.

It’s all bullsh*t. Wisconsin law explicitly states that he was legally allowed to be in possession of that rifle, at that time, at that age. There was no crime.

No one bothered to read Wisconsin state law before they concluded he broke the law.

The left ( democrats and the media) need to somehow figure out that they are turning big numbers of people off, pushing them to the right.

Also, we found that Rittenhouses father lives in Kinosha. All this talk about how he had no reason to care about was happening there. No one knew that until the last couple of days. because it doesn’t fit The Narrative.

it’s so unbelievably dishonest and misleading.

Every single person in the media who said he committed a crime by possessing that rifle, was lying. Flat out lying. And America knows it. And we know why they did it.

Will any of them apologize for it?
Old 11-15-2021, 08:19 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
ok, on many TV stations, and God knows how many blogs,, and even among a few of you here, I was told that Rittenhouse wasn’t legally allowed to be holding that rifle.

It’s all bullsh*t. Wisconsin law explicitly states that he was legally allowed to be in possession of that rifle, at that time, at that age. There was no crime.

No one bothered to read Wisconsin state law before they concluded he broke the law.
Mostly wrong.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:24 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Mostly wrong.
with all that evidence, who can argue with you.

the judge knows less about Wisconsin law than you?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-15-2021, 08:34 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
with all that evidence, who can argue with you.

the judge knows less about Wisconsin law than you?
The judge said a poorly written law should favor the defense.

Jim, do you think a minor should be able to open carry a high velocity weapon in any state?
Old 11-15-2021, 08:47 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
The judge said a poorly written law should favor the defense.

Jim, do you think a minor should be able to open carry a high velocity weapon in any state?
the law says a 17 year old can have that rifle as long as it’s barrel was beyond a minimum length. his was.

no, for the 20th time i think what rittenhouse did was one of the dumber and more reckless things i’ve heard of. but it’s not against the law to be dumb and reckless.

he. didn’t. break. that. law.

i think it was dumb if him to be there with that rifle. dumb. but not illegal.

the way this was spun in the media, is unbelievable. now that the truth is seeing the light of the day, it’s one more thing to hold against the left.

are they trying to lose?
Old 11-15-2021, 09:10 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
the law says a 17 year old can have that rifle as long as it’s barrel was beyond a minimum length. his was.
Read the law, that’s not what it says. The judge is trying to get this kid off with nothing. I don’t think he should be in jail for life but he needs to own up to his incredibly reckless behavior.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:27 PM   #7
spence

Quote:

no, for the 20th time i think what rittenhouse did was one of the dumber and more reckless things i’ve heard of. but it’s not against the law to be dumb and reckless.

he. didn’t. break. that. law.

i think it was dumb if him to be there with that rifle. dumb. but not illegal.
The judge didn’t find that the possession was legal. The defense found a contradictory statute buried in the books and successfully argued the charge should be dropped. The prosecution should have been prepared to appeal but they were not and the judge made the call literally minutes before closing arguments were set to begin. The law wasn’t clear and that usually favors the defense.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:47 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:

should be able to open carry a high velocity weapon
good grief....
Old 11-15-2021, 08:28 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

I might say, "Self defense is when they come to you, not when you come to them.", but perhaps that would be overly simplistic.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:30 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I might say, "Self defense is when they come to you, not when you come to them.", but perhaps that would be overly simplistic.
it would be overly stupid, if that’s what you meant.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:40 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
it would be overly stupid, if that’s what you meant.
Stupid, because as his lawyer said “Other people in this community have shot somebody seven times and it’s been found to be ok. My client did it four times…”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-15-2021, 08:53 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Next they’ll be arguing against the prosecution of Franklin Sechriest, because you know how those people are
Old 11-16-2021, 08:56 AM   #13
wdmso

The judge removed the charge possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

The charge is only a misdemeanor.. this doesn’t change the fact he shot 3 people 1 clearly unarmed who the kid of course claiming he said he was going to kill him , who can’t dispute it he’s dead ..

the other Armed man he shot who only exposed his weapon after The kid had already shot someone 4 times . Is conveniently denied his right to self defense ?

It’s just sad to see conservatives using this child as a proxy in their culture war

the ultimate, cheap, expendable, yet sophisticated human weapon.” They have no real sense of fear and, when indoctrinated

I watch a limited amount of the coverage the kid has no remorse beyond the 1st breakdown
But i did notice he would yawn without covering his mouth.. it showed to me how immature he is .

even the NY post covered it but gave no insight beyond that https://nypost.com/2021/11/02/kyle-r...omicide-trial/
Old 11-16-2021, 09:05 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

I watch a limited amount of the coverage

But i did notice he would yawn without covering his mouth.. it showed to me how immature he is .

brilliant.....
Old 11-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
The judge removed the charge possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

The charge is only a misdemeanor.. this doesn’t change the fact he shot 3 people 1 clearly unarmed who the kid of course claiming he said he was going to kill him , who can’t dispute it he’s dead ..

the other Armed man he shot who only exposed his weapon after The kid had already shot someone 4 times . Is conveniently denied his right to self defense ?

It’s just sad to see conservatives using this child as a proxy in their culture war

the ultimate, cheap, expendable, yet sophisticated human weapon.” They have no real sense of fear and, when indoctrinated

I watch a limited amount of the coverage the kid has no remorse beyond the 1st breakdown

even the NY post covered it but gave no insight beyond that https://nypost.com/2021/11/02/kyle-r...omicide-trial/
who was clearly unarmed?

one had a gun.

one was trying to wrestle Rittenhouses gun away from him, after screaming that he was going to kill rittenhouse.

the other was hitting him in the head with a skateboard
Old 11-16-2021, 10:02 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:

https://nypost.com/2021/11/02/kyle-r...omicide-trial/
Rittenhouse didn’t point his gun at that guy, until after that guy pointed his gun at rittenhouse. rittenhouse wasn’t threatening that guy when that guy pointed his gun at rittenhouse. video showed this, the guy admitted on the stand that rittenhouse didn’t point his gun at him, until after he pointed his gun at rittenhouse.

it’s a really bad idea to let riots go without putting them down, especially if governors ignore the riots because they don’t want to be seen as hostile to the BLM/Antifa cause. these things happen when violent riots are allowed to continue.
Old 11-16-2021, 10:40 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:

the guy admitted on the stand that rittenhouse didn’t point his gun at him, until after he pointed his gun at rittenhouse.

this does not matter to wayne...he has all of the "facts"
Old 11-16-2021, 10:44 AM   #18
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Rittenhouse didn’t point his gun at that guy, until after that guy pointed his gun at rittenhouse. rittenhouse wasn’t threatening that guy when that guy pointed his gun at rittenhouse. video showed this, the guy admitted on the stand that rittenhouse didn’t point his gun at him, until after he pointed his gun at rittenhouse.

it’s a really bad idea to let riots go without putting them down, especially if governors ignore the riots because they don’t want to be seen as hostile to the BLM/Antifa cause. these things happen when violent riots are allowed to continue.

Prosecutor should be brought up on charges and loose his license to practice law !
Judge should have thrown out the whole case when the witness admitted under oath he pointed his gun 1st and the prosecutor tried to get him to change his prior statement.
There will be riots no doubt but there’s not much left to burn during the “peaceful protest”
The only way the jury convicts is if BLM did their job scaring the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of them with their threats to burn their homes and kill their kids !
Old 11-16-2021, 11:34 AM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Don’t worry, Rittenhouse will be the keynote speaker at the next CPAC
Old 11-16-2021, 11:41 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Don’t worry, Rittenhouse will be the keynote speaker at the next CPAC
if there’s value in putting a face on the issue of media dishonesty, who better?

it’s as if the left, the media, and big tech are all hypnotized by trump. even after what just happened in VA and what polling looks like, you can’t change course.

you’re all doing exactly what trump would want you to do. kudos.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:00 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Now that driving to another state to shoot people has basically been legalized I feel as though the opportunities are just endless.
Except you can’t drive to HI. 49 ain’t bad, thou.
Just gives everyone a whole new way to look at road hunting.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:05 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now that driving to another state to shoot people has basically been legalized I feel as though the opportunities are just endless.
Except you can’t drive to HI. 49 ain’t bad, thou.
Just gives everyone a whole new way to look at road hunting.
that’s right, einstein, he was just indiscriminately shooting at everyone he saw. especially the blacks.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:09 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

I'm thinking any woman seeking an abortion as she flees Texas is well-advised to grab a gun and let her reflexes rule. You know how easily a person of delicate sensibilities can feel threatened.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:12 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm thinking any woman seeking an abortion as she flees Texas is well-advised to grab a gun and let her reflexes rule. You know how easily a person of delicate sensibilities can feel threatened.
i’m surprised anyone here has you un- blocked.
Old 11-16-2021, 05:18 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

According to the right - Ashli Babbitt should not have been killed as a rioter while breaking into the Speakers' Lobby at the Capitol

Yet, Kyle Rittenhouse is hailed as a hero for killing rioters

Question: If Rittenhouse were at the Capitol on 1/6, would he have shot Babbitt?
Old 11-16-2021, 05:23 PM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
According to the right - Ashli Babbitt should not have been killed as a rioter while breaking into the Speakers' Lobby at the Capitol

Yet, Kyle Rittenhouse is hailed as a hero for killing rioters

Question: If Rittenhouse were at the Capitol on 1/6, would he have shot Babbitt?
If Babbitt chased you, and while you were down, she lifted a gun and pointed it at your head, would you shoot her?

Last edited by detbuch; 11-16-2021 at 05:28 PM..
Old 11-16-2021, 07:11 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
If Babbitt chased you, and while you were down, she lifted a gun and pointed it at your head, would you shoot her?
If I saw an active shooter who had killed two people and I was armed and he was in front of me I would have shot Kyle.
That guy who had the guns mistake was he failed to pull the trigger.
It would have been self defense, the kid had already killed two other people.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-16-2021, 07:16 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
If I saw an active shooter who had killed two people and I was armed and he was in front of me I would have shot Kyle.
That guy who had the guns mistake was he failed to pull the trigger.
It would have been self defense, the kid had already killed two other people.
I don’t think killing comes natural to most people. Had he shot Rittenhouse he would likely have been heralded as a hero for stopping suck a reckless teenager. So sad all around.
Old 11-16-2021, 07:22 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I don’t think killing comes natural to most people. Had he shot Rittenhouse he would likely have been heralded as a hero for stopping suck a reckless teenager. So sad all around.
I don’t think it does either, but if you put yourself into a situation that is quite possibly violent and bring a weapon, it’s not because you’re there to give people first aid.
But he had Bandaids

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-16-2021, 07:27 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
very sad all around. 100% correct.

and a textbook example of why it’s a horrible idea for local government ( and the feds) to allow these riots to continue until rioters run out of Molatov cocktails. When a governor decides that being seen as sympathetic to BLM is more important than keeping peace, he’s asking for this to happen.