Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-19-2021, 06:22 PM   #211
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’ve been wondering about this Tin Hat fascination among some posters, has it actually kept you out of the rubber room?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Don't know, looks like they still let you on the Internet unsupervised, so it must not work very well. Unless they keep tabs on you when you're out on the ward.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-19-2021, 06:27 PM   #212
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Let me guess You have never heard of mom’s of liberty.or their mission
No, I haven't, maybe they should light some dumpsters on fire and smash some store front windows so people pay more attention to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Moms for Liberty is dedicated to fighting for the survival of America by unifying, educating and empowering parents to defend their parental rights at all levels of government.
THOSE BITCHES!!!!

Old 12-19-2021, 06:29 PM   #213
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No, I haven't, maybe they should light some dumpsters on fire and smash some store front windows so people pay more attention to them

THOSE BITCHES!!!!
imagine the nerve of parents, who pay taxes to fund schools
and who have kids in schools…they want to hold onto their rights?! Who the heck do they think they are?
Old 12-20-2021, 09:26 AM   #214
detbuch

Quote:
Because you fall for the claim that the existence of structural racism means that you are a racist if you are white.

Claiming that we are under a system of white privilege is claiming that whites are racist unless they renounce their privilege. Which would require that whites abandon those things that actuate their privilege. Which would amount to abandoning notions such as the so-called work ethic, the nuclear family, and rigorous, meaningful education. Whites who practice the things that actuate their privilege, are far more likely to "succeed" in our current "system." Blacks who practice those things are also far more likely to succeed than Blacks or whites who don't.

But, it is claimed by many, if not most, CRTers, blacks who engage in "whiteness," who act white, are not authentic and are in bondage to the white privilege system--they participate in a soft slavery that supports that system.

Democracy is not in danger because we're polarized. We're polarized because it's a strategy to make it more difficult to see where the real danger to democracy comes from.

From the Kochs to the Heritage Foundation to the GOP, the "true aim" has been to kneecap liberal democracy in order to unshackle concentrated wealth. The strategy is to sow racial and social strife. The goal, though, is rule by the rich.
The Democrats are also in on this strategy of concentrated wealth and sowing racial strife--in my estimation, even more so. Which is why I have been saying that political Progressivism is actually a regression to the ancient rule by some elite, whether it be monarchy, oligarchy, dictatorship . . . or any form of unchecked central authority. And why I have said that our Constitution is still a new form of "rule" that makes individual freedom more possible within a functioning organized society. Anarchism would be freer, but humanity doesn't yet seem suited to such ultimate freedom.
Old 12-21-2021, 08:45 PM   #215
Pete F.
Canceled

More critical race theory for you

One eighth of the whole population were colored slaves, not distributed generally over the Union, but localized in the Southern half part of it. These slaves constituted a peculiar and powerful interest. All knew that this interest was, somehow, the cause of the war. To strengthen, perpetuate, and extend this interest was the object for which the insurgents would rend the Union, even by war; while the government claimed no right to do more than to restrict the territorial enlargement of it. Neither party expected for the war, the magnitude, or the duration, which it has already attained. Neither anticipated that the cause of the conflict might cease with, or even before, the conflict itself should cease. Each looked for an easier triumph, and a result less fundamental and astounding. Both read the same Bible, and pray to the same God; and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces; but let us judge not that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered; that of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has His own purposes. "Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" If we shall suppose that American Slavery is one of those offences which, in the providence of God, must needs come, but which, having continued through His appointed time, He now wills to remove, and that He gives to both North and South, this terrible war, as the woe due to those by whom the offence came, shall we discern therein any departure from those divine attributes which the believers in a Living God always ascribe to Him? Fondly do we hope -- fervently do we pray -- that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away. Yet, if God wills that it continue, until all the wealth piled by the bond-man's two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn with the lash, shall be paid by another drawn with the sword, as was said f[our] three thousand years ago, so still it must be said "the judgments of the Lord, are true and righteous altogether"
Old 12-21-2021, 09:42 PM   #216
detbuch

Quote:
More critical race theory for you

One eighth of the whole population were colored slaves, not distributed generally over the Union, but localized in the Southern half part of it. These slaves constituted a peculiar and powerful interest. All knew that this interest was, somehow, the cause of the war. To strengthen, perpetuate, and extend this interest was the object for which the insurgents would rend the Union, even by war; while the government claimed no right to do more than to restrict the territorial enlargement of it. Neither party expected for the war, the magnitude, or the duration, which it has already attained. Neither anticipated that the cause of the conflict might cease with, or even before, the conflict itself should cease. Each looked for an easier triumph, and a result less fundamental and astounding. Both read the same Bible, and pray to the same God; and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces; but let us judge not that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered; that of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has His own purposes. "Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" If we shall suppose that American Slavery is one of those offences which, in the providence of God, must needs come, but which, having continued through His appointed time, He now wills to remove, and that He gives to both North and South, this terrible war, as the woe due to those by whom the offence came, shall we discern therein any departure from those divine attributes which the believers in a Living God always ascribe to Him? Fondly do we hope -- fervently do we pray -- that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away. Yet, if God wills that it continue, until all the wealth piled by the bond-man's two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn with the lash, shall be paid by another drawn with the sword, as was said f[our] three thousand years ago, so still it must be said "the judgments of the Lord, are true and righteous altogether"
So now you're saying that Abraham Lincoln was an adherent of Critical Race Theory? And that CRT believes in the Judgment of God?
Old 12-24-2021, 06:27 AM   #217
scottw

honey badger mom..."get a therapist, don't use my kids"

Old 12-24-2021, 08:20 AM   #218
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
honey badger mom..."get a therapist, don't use my kids"

Cuz she’s blacked and thinks CRT it’s being taught ? It is? Or she’s against BLM is That’s why you posted it… funny You never heard of the moms of liberty but you found this clip, . odd

But not really Minnesota's Black Conservatives: The Exodus Movement. “I’m done with the Left. They’ve hurt black America. They’ve destroyed it.”

Conservatives and their One black friend …. Presented as see 99% of blacks are lying

Last edited by wdmso; 12-24-2021 at 08:27 AM..
Old 12-24-2021, 08:24 AM   #219
scottw

^^^^I like her passion...you can imagine whatever you like....
Old 01-30-2022, 06:34 AM   #220
scottw

discussing CRT with a disingenuous leftist....

Old 02-04-2022, 08:43 AM   #221
PaulS

I got a laugh out of this:

A new bill in Oklahoma forbids teaching that “one race is the unique oppressor in the institution of slavery” and that “another race is the unique victim in the institution of slavery.”
Old 02-04-2022, 09:08 AM   #222
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I got a laugh out of this:

A new bill in Oklahoma forbids teaching that “one race is the unique oppressor in the institution of slavery” and that “another race is the unique victim in the institution of slavery.”
is slavery and oppression unique to any one race and is any race unique in being enslaved and oppressed?
Old 02-04-2022, 11:01 AM   #223
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
is slavery and oppression unique to any one race and is any race unique in being enslaved and oppressed?
Or you could ask "how were the Americas unique in moralizing and legitimizing slavery?"

During the second half of the 17th century, a terrible transformation, the enslavement of people solely on the basis of race, occurred in the lives of African Americans living in North America. These newcomers still numbered only a few thousand, but the bitter reversals they experienced—first subtle, then drastic—would shape the lives of all those who followed them, generation after generation.

Like most huge changes, the imposition of hereditary race slavery was gradual, taking hold by degrees over many decades. It proceeded slowly, in much the same way that winter follows fall. On any given day, in any given place, people can argue about local weather conditions. “Is it getting colder?” “Will it warm up again this week?” The shift may come early in some places, later in others. But eventually, it occurs all across the land. By January, people shiver and think back to September, agreeing that “it is definitely colder now.” In 1700, a 70-year-old African American could look back half a century to 1650 and shiver, knowing that conditions had definitely changed for the worse.

https://slate.com/human-interest/201...d-excerpt.html

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-04-2022, 11:09 AM   #224
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Remember kids, stay in school and “Just Say No” to white guilt, or this could be you someday.
Old 02-06-2022, 01:13 PM   #225
Pete F.
Canceled

Don’t worry the white wing is on top of it.
Today they announced:
We currently have a record number of Black Republicans running for office and winning at all levels.

Over 40 Black Republicans are running in GOP primaries for both local and federal office.

So, out of 535 elected federal positions, and all 50 states, over 3,000 counties, and over 19,000 cities and towns, you’re bragging about having 40 black candidates out of the tens of thousands of federal and local elections?

40, out of tens of thousands. Less than 1%.

The Democrats have more than that in the House
Old 02-06-2022, 01:23 PM   #226
detbuch

Quote:
Don’t worry the white wing is on top of it.
Today they announced:
We currently have a record number of Black Republicans running for office and winning at all levels.

Over 40 Black Republicans are running in GOP primaries for both local and federal office.

So, out of 535 elected federal positions, and all 50 states, over 3,000 counties, and over 19,000 cities and towns, you’re bragging about having 40 black candidates out of the tens of thousands of federal and local elections?

40, out of tens of thousands. Less than 1%.

The Democrats have more than that in the House
It's that thing that Progressives likes to say--going in the right direction.
Old 02-09-2022, 12:34 AM   #227
detbuch

An in-depth analysis of CRT--its roots and philosophical basis and its goals according to and citing its founders and theorists. An excellent deconstruction of what it is rather than a general opinion of what it purports to be. The first 15 minutes is chatty introduction. The final hour and 15 minutes is the meat. Really, really worth watching

Old 02-09-2022, 04:32 PM   #228
Pete F.
Canceled

Ante up YouTube

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-09-2022, 04:48 PM   #229
detbuch

Quote:
Ante up YouTube

Trevor Noah seems to be inherently racist. As is CRT.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:58 AM   #230
scottw

how about those trumplican/domestic terrorists/soccer moms and dads in San Francisco giving crt obsessed school board members the boot....FBI should be investigating that ....
Old 02-16-2022, 01:29 PM   #231
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
how about those trumplican/domestic terrorists/soccer moms and dads in San Francisco giving crt obsessed school board members the boot....FBI should be investigating that ....
American citizens exercising their rights at the poll is not the Trumplican/domestic terrorist way, physically threatening and attacking board members is the Trumplican way

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-17-2022, 05:39 AM   #232
scottw

Quote:
American citizens exercising their rights at the poll is not the Trumplican/domestic terrorist way, physically threatening and attacking board members is the Trumplican way
disagreeing with a leftist is an "attack"....574 riots are "mostly peaceful"....we get it
Old 02-17-2022, 06:17 AM   #233
Jim in CT

Quote:
disagreeing with a leftist is an "attack"....574 riots are "mostly peaceful"....we get it
every single time a democrat doesn’t get their desired outcome, it’s the end of the world, the end of our democracy. They can never just lose anything fair and square. They can never accept that’s how life works, you win some, you lose some. They’re actually a lot more like Trump than they’d care to admit.
Old 02-17-2022, 06:18 AM   #234
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
every single time a democrat doesn’t get their desired outcome, it’s the end of the world, the end of our democracy. They can never just lose anything fair and square. They can never accept that’s how life works, you win some, you lose some. They’re actually a lot more like Trump than they’d care to admit.
pretty sure they voted in a new governor in VA...which was clearly an act of terrorism
Old 02-17-2022, 07:19 AM   #235
Jim in CT

Quote:
pretty sure they voted in a new governor in VA...which was clearly an act of terrorism
and it’s a violation of “small government” to
end mask mandates, somehow.

he’s saying it’s authoritarian to end mask mandates.
Old 02-17-2022, 07:29 AM   #236
scottw

Quote:

well, "freedom" is a dirty word now used by violent extremists...soooooo
Old 02-17-2022, 08:20 AM   #237
Jim in CT

Quote:
well, "freedom" is a dirty word now used by violent extremists...soooooo
It seems "choice" is a word that's lost popularity among liberals.
Old 02-17-2022, 08:37 AM   #238
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Nothing says "Authoritarian" quite like passing a law that says the Gubment can't make you do something.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:44 AM   #239
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Nothing says "Authoritarian" quite like passing a law that says the Gubment can't make you do something.
Right? It's authoritarian when the state removes mandates and lets the citizenry choose for themselves. That's authoritarian...

Just what a ruthless dictator would do.
Old 02-17-2022, 09:36 AM   #240
Pete F.
Canceled

Nothing says you don’t believe in small government and local control more than prohibiting school boards from exercising local control because the state knows better
Next up State curriculum
It’s increasingly obvious that the right-wing assault on public schools is intended to redirect public money to private schools that indoctrinate students in Christian nationalism.