Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-06-2022, 07:44 AM   #391
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Jan 6th, a stupid bumbling of idiots, inspired by an idiot, reflecting the previous year of idiots and idiotic violence, that somehow became the greatest threat to Democracy since The Civil War.

We're screwed.
Again…..

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-06-2022, 07:53 AM   #392
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

so, does forcing people
to inject medicine they don’t wish to take, qualify as “forcing obedience to authority at expense to personal
freedom?”

if you get vaccinated and want/demand mandated vaccines for everyone else..or else.. you are not an authoritarian...

if you get vaccinated but don't support mandates for others... you are an authoritarian and anti-vaxxer

if you don't want to be vaccinated yourself and don't support mandates for others...you are an authoritarian and anti-vaxxer

if you think schools should stick to reading, writing and arithmetic and stop trying to play social engineers/activist trainers with other peoples kids.....you are an authoritarian and probably a domestic terrorist

if you think schools need to perform all of the parenting duties that the social engineers/activists believe need to be performed because parents are too stupid and incompetent to provide these thing for their own children...you are not an authoritarian

follow the logic
Old 01-06-2022, 07:54 AM   #393
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
if you get vaccinated and want/demand mandated vaccines for everyone else..or else.. you are not an authoritarian...

if you get vaccinated but don't support mandates for others... you are an authoritarian and anti-vaxxer

if you don't want to be vaccinated yourself and don't support mandates for others...you are an authoritarian and anti-vaxxer

if you think schools should stick to reading, writing and arithmetic and stop trying to play social engineers/activist trainers with other peoples kids.....you are an authoritarian and probably a domestic terrorist

if you think schools need to perform all of the parenting duties that the social engineers believe need to be performed because parents are too stupid and incompetent to provide these thing for their own children...you are not an authoritarian

follow the logic
here’s the logic.

liberal=good, conservative=bad. no exceptions, not once, not ever. because life is exactly that simple.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:04 AM   #394
scottw

Disapproval of Biden Hits New High- 1 day ago

good time for him to remind us how bad trump is/was.....

imagine how the media and democrats would be cackling if trump said this and we were where we are currently
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	68678   Click image for larger version

Name:	file.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	68679  
Old 01-06-2022, 08:08 AM   #395
wdmso

Quote:
Jan 6th, a stupid bumbling of idiots, inspired by an idiot, reflecting the previous year of idiots and idiotic violence, that somehow became the greatest threat to Democracy since The Civil War.

We're screwed.
John are you suggesting what happened and still happening isn’t a threat to democracy? Or do you just disagree with the civil war as the example?

At least 163 Republicans who have embraced Trump’s false claims are running for statewide positions that would give them authority over the administration of elections

Trump has spent much of his post-presidency marinating in false voting claims and electoral conspiracy theories. He has pushed Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, and other Republican officials to claim on television that the election was stolen

The RNC is launching a range of new initiatives related to elections, including plans for filing lawsuits in states, hiring more elections-related officials and recruiting more volunteers,

58 percent of Republicans think Biden’s election was not legitimate, and 62 percent think there is solid evidence of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election.

Some falsely claimed leftist “antifa” protesters were behind the violence. Others falsely argued there was very little violence on Jan. 6 or, as Rep. Andrew S. Clyde (R-Ga.) claimed, the riot was simply “a normal tourist visit.” And some Republicans rebranded those arrested in the aftermath of the insurrection as “political prisoners.”

Trump and his supporters have also sought to make a martyr of Ashli Babbitt,

On and on and on
Old 01-06-2022, 08:15 AM   #396
wdmso

Quote:
Disapproval of Biden Hits New High- 1 day ago

good time for him to remind us how bad trump is/was.....

imagine how the media and democrats would be cackling if trump said this and we were where we are currently
I know right ! Making a statement trying to get a handle on the virus compared to Trumps it’s going to just disappear or let’s put light in the body.. and you dare talk about liberal logic lol

You
Old 01-06-2022, 08:18 AM   #397
PaulS

Quote:

We're screwed.
Well isn't that the R party today? A bunch of idiots where over 50% believe the election was stolen and a vaccine will make you sterile. Where states want to be able to overrule the will of the people and put into power whomever they want.

Seems to me we're screwed.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:23 AM   #398
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

The RNC is launching a range of new initiatives related to elections, including plans for filing lawsuits in states, hiring more elections-related officials and recruiting more volunteers,

oh my god, the RNC is recruiting volunteers!!!! the world is coming to an end!

i wouldn’t say Babbitt is a martyr. but i’d say she was a tiny unarmed woman who was shot to death by a cop with no warning, when she posed to possible imminent lethal threat to anyone.

a better question is, why doesn’t anyone on the left care about that?

the left spent a great deal
of energy in 2020 speaking out against improper use of
lethal force by police, but no one one the left wants to talk at all about what happened to Babbitt.

reason? politics. the left only cares about police killing when it helps them politically.

but back to the RNC refuting volunteers, i mean it’s time to sell
my stocks and build that underground bomb shelter in my yard.

again you complain when republicans make false claims of election fraud, but could care less when democrats do it.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:30 AM   #399
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Well isn't that the R party today? A bunch of idiots where over 50% believe the election was stolen and a vaccine will make you sterile. Where states want to be able to overrule the will of the people and put into power whomever they want.

if republicans are so idiotic, why are so many people leaving blue states and moving to red states?

the dnc uses superdelegates in their primaries. literally, the only reason they do this, is to be able to overrule the will of the people ( their people) so that the kingmakers can put whoever they want into power.

i’m not disagreeing with your observations of awful
behavior on the right. but you constantly willfully ignore it on the left. very convenient for you

when you ignore everything smart then right does, and you ignore everything stupid the left does, it makes a comparison pretty stark. but i’m not sure it’s an accurate comparison.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:30 AM   #400
scottw

Quote:

Making a statement trying to get a handle on the virus

he went a bit further than that....
Old 01-06-2022, 08:33 AM   #401
scottw

Quote:

John are you suggesting what happened and still happening isn’t a threat to democracy?

kamala said democracy is a threat to our democacy...and we are a republic by the way
Old 01-06-2022, 08:34 AM   #402
scottw

Quote:

Well isn't that the R party today? A bunch of idiots

this sounds authoritarian
Old 01-06-2022, 08:36 AM   #403
scottw

Quote:

Venezuela is accepting applications...
Old 01-06-2022, 09:07 AM   #404
Jim in CT

Quote:

yet after 4 years of trump ( maybe the biggest jerk to ever be POTUS), a record 58% of americans said they were better off after 4 years of trump, than they were before. and that was during the pandemic.

a record number of americans liked his policies. gallup does that poll every 4 years, and no president ever, had more americans say they were better off than 4 years ago.

what’s impressive about that, is that things were pretty good at the end of obama’s second term, it’s not like trump inherited a great depression, where anyone could make improvements. yet a record number of americans said trump made things better, even though he inherited a good starting place.

Trump is an in obnoxious, vindictive, world class narcissist. But the fact is, Americans liked his policies. They didn’t like him personally, but they liked his policies.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:23 AM   #405
PaulS

Quote:
Venezuela is accepting applications...
That sounds like what a snarky troll would say.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:25 AM   #406
Jim in CT

Quote:
That sounds like what a snarky troll would say.
as opposed to saying republicans are a bunch of idiots. no snark there.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:27 AM   #407
PaulS

Quote:
if republicans are so idiotic, why are so many people leaving blue states and moving to red states? retirement ie warm weather. Population is getting older.

the dnc uses superdelegates in their primaries. literally, the only reason they do this, is to be able to overrule the will of the people ( their people) so that the kingmakers can put whoever they want into power.

i’m not disagreeing with your observations of awful
behavior on the right. but you constantly willfully ignore it on the left. very convenient for you

when you ignore everything smart then right does, and you ignore everything stupid the left does, it makes a comparison pretty stark. but i’m not sure it’s an accurate comparison.
But the bad behavior on the left doesn't compare to the bad behaviour on the right. So when almost all elected Rs refuse to vote to certify a Pres, (or acknowledge the Pres. won) comparing it to a few Ds who do the same is silly.
Old 01-06-2022, 10:17 AM   #408
Jim in CT

Quote:
But the bad behavior on the left doesn't compare to the bad behaviour on the right. So when almost all elected Rs refuse to vote to certify a Pres, (or acknowledge the Pres. won) comparing it to a few Ds who do the same is silly.
“retirement warm weather”.

(1) it’s not just retirees who are moving.

(2) are you saying there aren’t any blue states, where it’s warm? California has no sections with warm winters?

You really drank the kool aid paul.

“the bad behavior in the left doesn’t compare to the bad behavior in the right.”

Summer 2020 riots, dozens killed by rioters.

January 6 : zero people
killed by rioters

i agree, there’s not much comparison there.

“almost all elected Rs refuse to vote to certify an elected president”.

what are the numbers in that, exactly? how many? that bass the injection to the results in one state, PA?

the lefties here won’t even admit stacey abrams is saying her election was stolen. she said not in video, but that’s not good enough.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-06-2022 at 10:31 AM..
Old 01-06-2022, 10:43 AM   #409
scottw

Quote:

But the bad behavior on the left doesn't compare to the bad behaviour on the right.
good grief......
Old 01-06-2022, 11:00 AM   #410
wdmso

hilarious jim defend Jan 6th with why people are moving to reds states AGAIN

Officials in Arizona’s Maricopa County are using the anniversary of the Jan. 6 insurrection to once again push back on claims of election fraud there that many Republicans believe helped Joe Biden win the 2020 presidential race.

"We're done. This is the end of the 2020 election. We have addressed the issues; we have debunked them,” said Bill Gates, the chairman of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors.

omg say it ain't so the damn RINOS are everywhere
Old 01-06-2022, 11:20 AM   #411
Jim in CT

Quote:
hilarious jim defend Jan 6th with why people are moving to reds states AGAIN

Officials in Arizona’s Maricopa County are using the anniversary of the Jan. 6 insurrection to once again push back on claims of election fraud there that many Republicans believe helped Joe Biden win the 2020 presidential race.

"We're done. This is the end of the 2020 election. We have addressed the issues; we have debunked them,” said Bill Gates, the chairman of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors.

omg say it ain't so the damn RINOS are everywhere
january 6 has nothing to do with people moving to red states. never said they were related. i said the migration to red states, indicates that many americans think conservatives have some good ideas. that’s not reasonable?

wayne, you said this week, that people don’t move to red states because of politics, but they move for low taxes. You see no connection between politics and taxes. that’s about the stupidest thing i’ve ever heard. i’ve never said anything close to that stupid.

you also dismissed stacey abrams saying her election was stolen, because she said it to ted cruz. you couldn’t explain why it matters who she was speaking to.

worry about you, don’t worry about me.

i hate what conservatives did on january 6. i hate it because (1) i hate all riots, and (2) it was the first politically motivated riot i can think of, done by the right. up until
then, i could claim that only liberals resorted to rioting when they didn’t get their way. now i can’t ever say that again.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:32 AM   #412
scottw

Quote:

i hate what conservatives did on january 6.

Well…trump got like 74 million votes…..and there have been about 700 arrests for bad behavior…no shots fired and mostly for trespassing and parading….you can do the math….I haven’t heard anyone condone the behavior so I don’t know that you can throw such a large blanket…..it was a relatively small number of knuckleheads in reality. It will be fun to find out how many people the FBI had involved to inspire bad behavior. Not that it would be an excuse but truly awful reflection and yet not unprecedented for that agency
Old 01-06-2022, 12:26 PM   #413
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well…trump got like 74 million votes…..and there have been about 700 arrests for bad behavior…no shots fired and mostly for trespassing and parading….you can do the math….I haven’t heard anyone condone the behavior so I don’t know that you can throw such a large blanket…..it was a relatively small number of knuckleheads in reality. It will be fun to find out how many people the FBI had involved to inspire bad behavior. Not that it would be an excuse but truly awful reflection and yet not unprecedented for that agency
i’m not saying most conservatives were there rioting. but most of the rioters were conservatives

it’s the first and only politically motivated riot, started by my side. i liked being able to rightly claim that only liberals did that. now i can’t claim it.

liberals ignored every single
liberal riot that’s ever happened, and will fixate on the one conservative riot until the 2024 elections at least .

liberals complain that too many conservatives believe the election was stolen !( too many believe that in my opinion), but they don’t care that most liberals believe conservatives are racist, and only care about the wealthy, despite there being no evidence of that.

stupid, dim people on either side, will believe what they’re told and what makes them feel validated. plenty of that here. republicans are racist and only care about the wealthy! trumps tax cuts only helped the wealthy! the Steele
dossier is irrefutable fact! JohnMcCain is a racist! Pro life people hate women! republicans want to return to slavery! Brett Kavanaugh is a serial rapist!

Anything to avoid talking about the issues, anything to avoid talking about what works and what doesn’t work.

I’m coming around to the idea that you cannot be liberal on most issues, if you’re a results-oriented person.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:41 PM   #414
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

We're screwed.
Collapse of Weimar in Germany. Rise of Mussolini in Italy. Stalin's post-Lenin purges. Read a little history on how dictatorships rise. The common thread in every story? Under-reaction from the rest of civil society during the phase when they had the power to stop it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2022, 12:47 PM   #415
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The common thread in every story? Under-reaction from the rest of civil society during the phase when they had the power to stop it.
I’m not sure where you get your news from, but Trumps attempt to
undermine the 2020 election, was in fact stopped. Biden is president.

We under reacted to
january 6th? Should we send all
the trespassers to Guantanamo
Bay?
Old 01-06-2022, 12:56 PM   #416
PaulS

Quote:
“retirement warm weather”.

(1) it’s not just retirees who are moving.

(2) are you saying there aren’t any blue states, where it’s warm? California has no sections with warm winters?

You really drank the kool aid paul. You're the Kool aid drinker who thinks people are only moving bc of politics and you say it here constantly. There are many reasons for people moving to Fl. but the primary one is the warm weather.

“the bad behavior in the left doesn’t compare to the bad behavior in the right.”

Summer 2020 riots, dozens killed by rioters.

January 6 : zero people
killed by rioters

i agree, there’s not much comparison there. Are you saying that the protesters were all Ds? (I know that you love to use the word riots), There were many, many millions of peaceful protestors last summer and I bet the % of people causing trouble was less than the % on 1/6.
Since you are assuming they are all on the left I guess that shows how many on the right care about social justice - NONE.

“almost all elected Rs refuse to vote to certify an elected president”.

what are the numbers in that, exactly? Go back to one year ago and see how many R refused to do just that.
And now many Rs still refuse to admit Biden won.
how many? that bass the injection to the results in one state, PA?

the lefties here won’t even admit stacey abrams is saying her election was stolen. she said not in video, but that’s not good enough.
She was talking about the people who were purged from voting roles - not the vote on election day. But you knew that bc you have been told that repeatedly. So that is one compared to what 70% of the R party?
Old 01-06-2022, 01:07 PM   #417
PaulS

Quote:
i never, ever said people are only moving for politics. That is what you constantly imply as if that is the only reason.

you said they’re moving for weather. that’s ridiculous, No, that is not what I said. So stop lying. I said "there are many reasons"unfit was only about the weather, they’d move to warm liberal places.

But they don’t.
Calif. is packed w/people and housing is expensive bc no more room in So. Calif.

If people wanted to move bc of politics, the warm states like Al, Miss, La, etc would be booming but their not. They are all failed states who depend on the rich liberal states to sustain themselves.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:08 PM   #418
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Collapse of Weimar in Germany. Rise of Mussolini in Italy. Stalin's post-Lenin purges. Read a little history on how dictatorships rise.

it was more like this without the swords
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	68680  
Old 01-06-2022, 01:10 PM   #419
scottw

Quote:

They are all failed states who depend on the rich liberal states to sustain themselves.
define "failed states"....
Old 01-06-2022, 01:17 PM   #420
Jim in CT

Quote:
She was talking about the people who were purged from voting roles - not the vote on election day. But you knew that bc you have been told that repeatedly. So that is one compared to what 70% of the R party?
"You're the Kool aid drinker who thinks people are only moving bc of politics and you say it here constantly. "

I don't think I've said that once. I think you're hearing voices. It's not just for politics. OK? It's not just for politics.

If it was just weather, why wouldn't they move to southern California? How come none of you will ever answer that simple question?

People move for many reasons. But the general trend, is moving from blue states to red states. Blue states are very, very expensive. Red states generally aren't. That's a function of politics. Liberals like big government, which is expensive.

"Are you saying that the protesters were all Ds? "

I don't know which riots you are referring to. In the summer of 2020, the rioters were almost all Ds. On January 6th, the rioters were almost all Rs. Fair enough? Anything crazy there?

"There were many, many millions of peaceful protestors last summer and I bet the % of people causing trouble was less than the % on 1/6."

That's a wild guess. What's not a guess, is that the January 6 riots resulted in many less deaths (precisely zero caused by the rioters) and in far less property damage, than the summer 2020 riots. Is that true, or is that false?

"that shows how many on the right care about social justice - NONE."

Gibberish.

Paul, most republicans condemn what happened on 1/6, most liberals won't condemn the summer 2020 riots.

"She was talking about the people who were purged from voting roles"

Every single one of whom, was eligible to vote if they showed up with id. The data shows that turnout in that election was historically high. "High turnout" means lots of voters. And she lost.

From the USA Today, which is liberal, and I quote...

"the holds would not have stopped those Georgians from voting. All the person had to do is show up with their photo ID, which everyone has to have, and they would've been allowed to vote," he said

What else ya got, Paul?

"So that is one compared to what 70% of the R party?"

Have you seen a poll that shows what % of democrats think Abrams' election was stolen? I haven't. So I don't know which party has a higher % or folks who believe without facts, that an election they lost, was stolen.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ce/6318836002/