Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-11-2022, 05:26 PM   #541
Pete F.
Canceled

Not a single Republican has displayed the courage to stand up to a defeated president to protect America's right to vote — not one.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-11-2022, 05:59 PM   #542
wdmso

Rep. Jim Jordan declines to say if he's closed the door on cooperating with January 6 committee

Another GOP coward

After spending two years probing a 2012 terrorist attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Libya that killed four Americans, GOP Rep. Jim Jordan of Champaign County on Tuesday issued a blistering critique of how the Obama administration and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton handled the tragedy.

Jim J. accused the Obama administration and Clinton of being "so blinded by politics" and the desire to win elections that they disregarded the government's basic duty to "tell people the truth."

the GOP House committee probe into 2012's Benghazi attack was especially lengthy. At two years and four months, it was longer than Congressional probes into 9/11, Watergate, the JFK assassination and Pearl Harbor.

But Jan 6th. They want to wish it away and refuse it ever happened Such Patriots
Old 01-11-2022, 06:10 PM   #543
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The Trump phenomenon exposed a lot of the BS that had crept into our institutions and culture. The pushback against that was extreme which even more delineated how far we had been transformed, and the direction we were heading--and is on track again now that Trump is gone and the left is back in power.
Spoken like a true Trump supporter It’s odd you admit your your fondness of this former POTUS who was willing to overturn an election .. and you claim you support Originalism not sure how you square that circle
Old 01-11-2022, 06:20 PM   #544
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
For the second time, is there a significant left-wing bias in academia, yes or no?

Almost seems like you're avoiding that question for a specific reason.

College, in terms of being required for all kids, is over-rated, getting more so. I spent time at Tufts (elite school), Southern CT State University (not a good school), and UCONN (OK school when I was there). I saw the whole spectrum. I wasn't extremely impressed with any of it.

It's wasn't really about getting educated even when I was there, and education is far less important today. It's an ungodly money suck, and a system to indoctrinate kids with liberalism, to help produce the next generation of liberal zombies, who can't think for themselves, and for damn sure have zero ability to defend their beliefs with any cogent thought whatsoever. To produce kids who will say "the 55% of blacks who aren't vaccinated...must be Republican!", even though nowhere near that many blacks are republican. But they'll say it anyway, because it serves their master.

It's designed to produce kids who shriek "liberalism is great!", then they stick their fingers in their ears and yell "la la la la!" so they can't hear any opposing viewpoint.

The radical conservative extreme, that college has no value, is equally false and stupid. But college is nowhere near what it's supposed to be.
Jim conservatives love attacking the other. and academics are just on the Republicans base list like unions or gays or BLM or Antifa or Transgender people .. and even the brown POPE

Keep enjoying your victimhood

PS. Republicans are still a bigger obstacle to vaccination than Black Americans

because the pandemic has been called a pandemic of the unvaccinated, there has been an effort by those on the right — where vaccine opposition is higher — to try to drag the left — specifically, Black Democrats

Sounds like you shocking

But of course you were told to be outraged you did zero research your just a GOP supporter parroting GOP talking points Shocking

New data continues to undermine that argument.
Consider new polling from the Pew Research Center. It tracked vaccine uptake over the course of the year, finding that Democrats and Asian Americans are the groups most likely to say they have received a dose of the vaccine. Black Americans are the racial group least likely to say so, though that figure is about equal to the percentage of Whites who say they’ve received a dose. It is also higher than three groups that are largely Republican: Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, rural Americans and White evangelical Protestants.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ack-americans/

Dan Patrick: "Democrats like to blame Republicans on (low vaccination rates). Well, the biggest group in most states are African Americans who have not been vaccinated. The last time I checked, over 90% of them vote for Democrats."

PolitiFact's ruling: False Let me guess fact checkers there is a significant left-wing bias in fact checkers. yes or no?

https://www.statesman.com/story/news...on/5601748001/

Last edited by wdmso; 01-11-2022 at 06:32 PM..
Old 01-11-2022, 07:25 PM   #545
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Spoken like a true Trump supporter It’s odd you admit your your fondness of this former POTUS who was willing to overturn an election .. and you claim you support Originalism not sure how you square that circle
I get weary of ripping out the lying words you keep stuffing into my mouth. I supported Many of Trump's policies, not Trump as a person. I don't know Trump. Neither do you. Pundit opinions, political smears, media analysis, especially about controversial people are usually fraught with bias and lies--positive or negative. High tone intellectual sounding opinions in Salon, and The Atlantic, et. al. were easily seen through. There was a point, early on, when I began to like how he fought back against the continuing avalanche of manufactured accusations and how he exposed various political hypocrites, but that pretty much wore off as it became as sketchy and corrosive as the attacks against him.

I "support" him as a person only in how I support anyone who is falsely or unfairly accused--especially when it is meant to destroy him--and for the typical dirty political motive of gaining power.

You don't know me, nor do you believe what I say. So you make stuff up about what I think or am "fond" of. You rarely debate at any length what I say or what I link.

So you spout the narrative about "overthrowing" an election. The choice of word is a non-objective politically loaded accusation, not merely a neutral unbiased description. It's so embedded in your brain that it's not worth debating or discussing with you.

If you wish to point out what was unconstitutional, or unoriginal about what you consider Trump's attempt to "overthrow" the election, that could be an interesting discussion.

Last edited by detbuch; 01-11-2022 at 07:31 PM..
Old 01-11-2022, 07:49 PM   #546
scottw

Quote:

because the pandemic has been called a pandemic of the unvaccinated
I think it's safe to refer to it as a pandemic of the vaccinated at this point....
Old 01-12-2022, 03:59 AM   #547
Pete F.
Canceled

I’m no attorney, but this whole Republicans forging fake documents in five different states to try and certify Trump won 2020 election seems more than just a little bit illegal and also a lot insane.
I’m sure there’s no coordination and that they’re all formatted the same is purely coincidental.
Old 01-12-2022, 04:58 AM   #548
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

this whole Republicans forging fake documents in five different states to try and certify Trump won 2020 election seems more than just a little bit illegal

I'm sure they will all go to jail as a result of the investigations by the democrats running congress and the partisan democrat running the justice department, you have nothing to fret about really....relax #BareShelvesBiden

Last edited by scottw; 01-12-2022 at 05:03 AM..
Old 01-12-2022, 08:40 AM   #549
wdmso

Pressed on his election lies, former President Trump cuts NPR interview short
Old 01-12-2022, 09:14 AM   #550
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I get weary of ripping out the lying words you keep stuffing into my mouth. I supported Many of Trump's policies, not Trump as a person. I don't know Trump. Neither do you. Pundit opinions, political smears, media analysis, especially about controversial people are usually fraught with bias and lies--positive or negative. High tone intellectual sounding opinions in Salon, and The Atlantic, et. al. were easily seen through. There was a point, early on, when I began to like how he fought back against the continuing avalanche of manufactured accusations and how he exposed various political hypocrites, but that pretty much wore off as it became as sketchy and corrosive as the attacks against him.

And I "support" him as a person only in how I support anyone who is falsely or unfairly accused--especially when it is meant to destroy him--and for the typical dirty political motive of gaining power.

You don't know me, nor do you believe what I say. So you make stuff up about what I think or am "fond" of. You rarely debate at any length what I say or what I link.

So you spout the narrative about "overthrowing" an election. The choice of word is a non-objective politically loaded accusation, not merely a neutral unbiased description. It's so embedded in your brain that it's not worth debating or discussing with you.

If you wish to point out what was unconstitutional, or unoriginal about what you consider Trump's attempt to "overthrow" the election, that could be an interesting discussion.

But You like other Trump supporters don’t get to separate Trumps deeds into convenient packages to excuse away his behaviors than claim he’s a poor victim or you like his policy’s. But your trying very hard .. this is not about knowing Trump personally it has no bearing on the conversation

I "support" him as a person only in how I support anyone who is falsely or unfairly accused--especially when it is meant to destroy him--and for the typical dirty political motive of gaining power.

So let me get this correct what happened on Jan 6th supported and encouraged by Trump and those around him

Yet You see people looking to hold Trump accountable. For Trumps actions and behaviors before during and after the elections and today as (non-objective politically loaded accusation)

But Trumps action do not raise to be classified as “typical dirty political motive of gaining power.”

Interesting
Old 01-12-2022, 09:23 AM   #551
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm sure they will all go to jail as a result of the investigations by the democrats running congress and the partisan democrat running the justice department, you have nothing to fret about really....relax #BareShelvesBiden
Classic denialism it runs deep with a few here .. and now you like the rest of the GOP and conservatives crowd are stuck on nick names with an unwillingness to help their fellow Americans via policy or any other methods improve their lives Yelling inflation while sitting on their hands in the hopes it gets worse and they will get some votes

America 1st What a joke
Old 01-12-2022, 09:24 AM   #552
Jim in CT

Quote:
But You like other Trump supporters don’t get to separate Trumps deeds into convenient packages to excuse away his behaviors than claim he’s a poor victim or you like his policy’s.
Why don't we get to do that?

It's exactly what democrats do with Bill Clinton, Hilary Clinton, and Biden.

But as always, it's OK when you do it, only problematic when we do it.

My God, when Bill Clinton was president, all I ever heard from the left was "ignore his moral lapses, his policies are what matters as president". And I agreed with that, and still do.

Can you be consistent for three seconds?

Who here is excusing his behavior? His personal behavior is inexcusable. But his policies, well they worked. I know you don't like to have to think about this, but a record-number of Americans said they were better off after 4 years of Trump. Gallup does that poll every 4 years, and never before in the history of that poll, have more Americans said they were better off after 4 years of a president, I think it was 56% or 58% who said they were better off. And that was at a bad time on the pandemic.

What does that poll mean to you? I'm curious to know.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:32 AM   #553
Jim in CT

Quote:
GOP and conservatives crowd are stuck on nick names with an unwillingness to help their fellow Americans via policy or any other methods improve their lives
Trump did nothing to help Americans. Lower taxes, generationally low unemployment (record low for blacks), stock market soaring, not getting us involved in questionable wars, criminal justice reform, school choice, increased funding for black colleges, working with private sector in creating infastructures for covid testing and vaccines, none of that helped a single American.

Why are Biden and congressional democrats polling so badly, if they clearly want what's best for all Americans?

Other than the stock market (which is obviously doing great), what other metrics are there that would indicate things are better now than they were a year ago?

Inflation is now at a 40 year high, but you don't want to mention it. Because you don't care about reality, you care about what helps democrats.

The reality is, the country doesn't buy your nonsense that conservatives hate everybody, and that conservatism can't be of any value. Only the fringe left, well represented here, believe that. Look at how republicans do in state and federal elections across the country. How do you explain that?

We had the biggest jerk, by far, to ever serve in DC, in Trump. Yet after he got creamed in 2020, the GOP still has almost half the house, half the senate, and a majority of governorships and state legislatures. Every single poll indicates the GOP is going to do well in November. How do you explain that?

And again, which states are people leaving, which states are they moving to? I forgot, they move because people want low taxes, and that has no connection to politics at all.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-12-2022 at 09:46 AM..
Old 01-12-2022, 11:41 AM   #554
wdmso

Trump Warns GOP to 'Solve the Problem' of Our Elections, or Risk Losing
Former President Donald Trump says "RINOs" and "losers" want to solely focus on future elections, instead of correcting the 2020 pandemic election ills.

The sitting president who got the most votes in history — and lost — warns those so-called Republicans in Name Only who do not learn from the "corrupt election" are doomed to repeat it.

people will still vote for this man then say they love America in the same sentence ... is it wrong to call that an oxymoron
Old 01-12-2022, 12:25 PM   #555
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump Warns GOP to 'Solve the Problem' of Our Elections, or Risk Losing
Former President Donald Trump says "RINOs" and "losers" want to solely focus on future elections, instead of correcting the 2020 pandemic election ills.

The sitting president who got the most votes in history — and lost — warns those so-called Republicans in Name Only who do not learn from the "corrupt election" are doomed to repeat it.

people will still vote for this man then say they love America in the same sentence ... is it wrong to call that an oxymoron
For the 100th time, it's interesting how you bash Trump for making false claims about the lection being illegitimate. But when Democrats say the same thing (which they've said in some way for each of the last few elections they've lost), you could care less.

Did you once complain when democrats called Trump an illegitimate president after 2016? Or when they asked electors not to vote for the winner in their states? Or when they challenged the elections in several states with no valid reason, other than they hated who won?

All of that was OK with you. Just harmless stunts when democrats do it. end of the republic when orange man does it.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-12-2022 at 12:31 PM..
Old 01-12-2022, 01:23 PM   #556
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Glad to know that in your view, the law is applied on political lines. That has been quite evident for the past 5 years.

They need to be more worried about the investigations being done by Federal and State attorney generals.

Because anyone who prepared or submitted, or aided, abetted or conspired in the preparation or submission of, false electoral-vote certificates, would presumably be guilty of a host of federal and state criminal offenses.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-12-2022, 02:29 PM   #557
PaulS

In an interview with far-right cable channel One America News, Trump said he received the booster and has seen politicians get asked in interviews whether they’ve also gotten a third shot.

“They don’t want to say it because they’re gutless,” Trump said. “You gotta say it, whether you had it or not. Say it. But the fact is that I think the vaccines saved tens of millions throughout the world. I’ve had absolutely no side effects.”
Old 01-12-2022, 04:39 PM   #558
detbuch

Quote:
But You like other Trump supporters don’t get to separate Trumps deeds into convenient packages to excuse away his behaviors than claim he’s a poor victim or you like his policy’s. But your trying very hard .. this is not about knowing Trump personally it has no bearing on the conversation

I didn't create any packages, convenient or otherwise. I didn't "excuse away" (that's your loaded characterization) his behaviors. I didn't claim he is "a poor victim" (that's your loaded and deceptive verbiage). I'm not "trying very hard", I'm easily stating what I believe, not what that caricature of me in your head supposedly believes. Your hallucination of me may think his support is personally for Trump, but the actual me knows that I don't know Trump personally, but I preferred his policies over those of any Progressive party or Progressive politician.

So let me get this correct what happened on Jan 6th supported and encouraged by Trump and those around him

I presume the figment of me created by your myopically geared brain actually believes that Trump supported and encouraged the riot. I, the actual me, don't believe he encouraged and supported a riot, and that is the "correct" me that you are unable (or unwilling) to "get".

Yet You see people looking to hold Trump accountable. For Trumps actions and behaviors before during and after the elections and today as (non-objective politically loaded accusation)

The "You" who you claim is doing the seeing, is the fictional one in your head. The flesh and blood real "You" (me) doesn't view Trump's actions and behaviors to be same as how the "You" flailing about in your head sees them.

But Trumps action do not raise to be classified as “typical dirty political motive of gaining power.”

Interesting
Setting aside that I never said that Trump was not capable of dirty political tricks to gain power, you may find the opinion of your imaginary me to be interesting. I find your perception of most things you've expressed on the political forum to be leftist media regurgitation.

And I've found that any invitation I've given you to truly discuss actual constitutionalism and the Progressive threat to it, is basically given short shrift or avoided. And, the real me, believes that is the pertinent political discussion to be had in our time. This focus on a constant delusional bickering about personalities (accurately or prejudicially portrayed) and which unconstitutionally based policies are the best or worst is the continued path to the destruction of our Republic, and the continued path to the replacement of the United States into the unitary United State. I think we ought to be discussing whether or not we should be protecting a system of limited government with separation of powers at the national level, and separation of powers between the national and local levels, and the ultimate separation of power between government and the individual.

As a little attempt to start such a discussion, I asked "If you wish to point out what was unconstitutional, or unoriginal [as in originalism] about what you consider Trump's attempt to "overthrow" the election". As I suspected, that is of no interest to you. It seems to be good enough for you to just say or imply that his actions are unconstitutional.

Last edited by detbuch; 01-12-2022 at 04:47 PM..
Old 01-13-2022, 05:16 AM   #559
scottw

best headline of the latest bad week for brandon..33% approval and 40 year high inflation

Old Man Yells at Cloud

The more Biden shouted and sputtered yesterday in Georgia, the more America went ‘Huh?’
Old 01-13-2022, 06:56 AM   #560
Jim in CT

Quote:
best headline of the latest bad week for brandon..33% approval and 40 year high inflation

Old Man Yells at Cloud

The more Biden shouted and sputtered yesterday in Georgia, the more America went ‘Huh?’
the most underreported story in my opinion, polling shows democrat support is deteriorating for hispanics.

if hispanics turn right, man oh man, watch how the left changes their tune on immigration. they’ll build a wall, put in a moat with sharks, deport every last one of them, put them on a one way, high speed train to Tierra Del Fuego.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:45 AM   #561
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Old Man Yells at Cloud

I'm sure he and President Harris will fix it, this is what winning looks like, dontcha know

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-13-2022, 08:29 AM   #562
scottw

happiest guy on the planet is Jimmy Carter
Old 01-13-2022, 12:39 PM   #563
wdmso

In refusing to testify to the House select committee examining Jan. 6, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy may well be helping to cover up potential crimes committed by Donald Trump.

America 1st not if your in the GOP shocking

love all the deflection from the usual suspects who Support liers . than complain about inflation which the Republicans say they care about! but provide zero actions or Ideas in either the House or the Senate ... Imagine that the GOP willing to let all americans Suffer for a few votes leadership at its worse
Old 01-13-2022, 12:44 PM   #564
scottw

Quote:

America 1st not if your in the GOP shocking

l
you should write bumper stickers...this is very clever...
Old 01-13-2022, 02:00 PM   #565
Jim in CT

Quote:

complain about inflation which the Republicans say they care about! but provide zero actions or Ideas in either the House or the Senate ...
Republicans have no suggestions about inflation? Sometimes (not enough) they want to curtail federal spending and printing of money. Printing trillions and trillions, fuels inflation. Chapter 1 of any economics text, talk about the effect of supply & demand on cost/price. When you have a massive supply increase of something (like dollars), the cost/value of those dollars, goes down.

It's not rocket science. But you won't learn about it by reading the Daily Worker or Pravda every morning.
Old 01-13-2022, 03:08 PM   #566
wdmso

Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes charged with seditious conspiracy in Jan. 6 Capitol riot

As expected it’s all about the leadership
Old 01-13-2022, 03:09 PM   #567
scottw

hard to imagine how brandon's week could get worse...but it's only thursday
Old 01-13-2022, 03:10 PM   #568
scottw

Quote:
Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes charged with seditious conspiracy in Jan. 6 Capitol riot

As expected it’s all about the leadership
safe to say no one will ever put that guy in charge of anything again
Old 01-13-2022, 03:12 PM   #569
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Republicans have no suggestions about inflation? Sometimes (not enough) they want to curtail federal spending and printing of money. Printing trillions and trillions, fuels inflation. Chapter 1 of any economics text, talk about the effect of supply & demand on cost/price. When you have a massive supply increase of something (like dollars), the cost/value of those dollars, goes down.

It's not rocket science. But you won't learn about it by reading the Daily Worker or Pravda every morning.

Ok Jim now yet again Republicans are fiscal hawks.. your right it’s not rocket science to see that GOP will hurt American families if they can just to own the libs in the process ! and their followers will cheer them because they are beyond gullible and also think they to are owing the libs
Old 01-13-2022, 03:22 PM   #570
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ok Jim now yet again Republicans are fiscal hawks.. your right it’s not rocket science to see that GOP will hurt American families if they can just to own the libs in the process ! and their followers will cheer them because they are beyond gullible and also think they to are owing the libs
conservatives are for fiscal
responsibility. politicians often abandon principles to win elections

kind of like being rabidly in favor of the fillibuster, then opposing it when you don’t like it.

but again, you only care about hypocrisy when the other side does it. shocker.