Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-13-2022, 12:46 PM   #181
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again what party is fighting all things vaccine and masked related things to curb covid

THE GOP! Your in denial with the rest of the GOP but its about freedom
i’ve said 1,000 times that it’s embarrassing to me that the gop has such low vaccination rates.

i can criticize my side when we deserve it. you can’t, not once, not ever.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-13-2022, 12:46 PM   #182
scottw

Quote:
John Kuczwanski thought it was Fauci in the prius
pretty sure Fauchenstein drives a big Caddy...
Old 01-13-2022, 12:47 PM   #183
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
pretty sure Fauchenstein drives a big Caddy...
with a vanity plate for sure.
Old 01-13-2022, 12:51 PM   #184
wdmso

A Republican member of Congress drew swift condemnation Wednesday after comparing D.C.'s upcoming vaccine mandate to Nazi Germany — marking the latest instance in which a GOP lawmaker has chosen to compare measures intended to quell a public health emergency to Nazi practices that culminated in the genocide of millions of Jews.

He posted this on Twitter

looks like he tried to Apologize

"For my Jewish Friends, and all others, my sincere apologies," Davidson, a Republican from Troy, tweeted.

what about people he asserted were Nazi's no Apologize
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FI5WYvcWQAIGruq.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	68695  
Old 01-13-2022, 01:32 PM   #185
Jim in CT

Quote:
A Republican member of Congress drew swift condemnation Wednesday after comparing D.C.'s upcoming vaccine mandate to Nazi Germany — marking the latest instance in which a GOP lawmaker has chosen to compare measures intended to quell a public health emergency to Nazi practices that culminated in the genocide of millions of Jews.

He posted this on Twitter

looks like he tried to Apologize

"For my Jewish Friends, and all others, my sincere apologies," Davidson, a Republican from Troy, tweeted.

what about people he asserted were Nazi's no Apologize
now biden said in tv this week that if you’re not on his side of voting reform, you’re George Wallace. When will he apologize?

Meanwhile a large majority of americans support voter id laws. does that make them segregationists wayne?

it’s wrong for a republican to broadly call the other side nazis, but ok when biden calls the other side segregationists?

here, let me answer for you: “false equivalence”.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:10 PM   #186
scottw

Quote:
A Republican member of Congress marking the latest instance in which a GOP lawmaker has chosen to compare measures to Nazi practices that culminated in the genocide of millions of Jews.
democrats never do this....
Old 01-13-2022, 02:11 PM   #187
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

now biden said in tv this week that if you’re not on his side of voting reform, you’re George Wallace.

there are a bunch of democrat members of congress who oppose him on this who are apparently quite racist
Old 01-13-2022, 02:13 PM   #188
scottw

Quote:

Meanwhile a large majority of americans support voter id laws.

yeah but it's apparently harder to get an id than it is to get vaxxed twice, boosted once(for now), get a recent negative test and then provide all of that to order a hamburger
Old 01-14-2022, 06:16 AM   #189
Pete F.
Canceled

They lied to their base and killed tens of thousands just to be able to deliver the line Steve Scalise said today, "more people have died under President Biden's watch."

That's today's GOP.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:33 AM   #190
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
They lied to their base and killed tens of thousands just to be able to deliver the line Steve Scalise said today, "more people have died under President Biden's watch."

That's today's GOP.
didnt Paul S very recently post a trump quote, where Trump praised vaccines and bragged that he was vaccinated and boosted?
Old 01-14-2022, 07:40 AM   #191
scottw

Quote:

That's today's GOP.

ingenious....
Old 01-14-2022, 07:48 AM   #192
Pete F.
Canceled

Amazing how coincidentally this happened but he bears no responsibility at all. 🤡

Since last May, people living in counties that voted heavily for Trump have been nearly three times as likely to die from covid as those who live in areas that went for Biden.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:56 AM   #193
scottw

Quote:
Amazing how coincidentally this happened but he bears no responsibility at all. 🤡

Since last May, people living in counties that voted heavily for Trump have been nearly three times as likely to die from covid as those who live in areas that went for Biden.
even more brilliant killing their own voters to hurt brandon
Old 01-14-2022, 07:59 AM   #194
Jim in CT

Quote:

Pete, Trump is pro vaccine. He’s encouraging people to get vaccinated. So by what possible logic, could you say it’s his fault that republicans have low vaccination rates?

Is there anything in your kind that’s not Trumps fault?
Old 01-14-2022, 08:00 AM   #195
Pete F.
Canceled

It isn’t everyday you can say thousands of Americans will likely die because of what the Supreme Court justices ruled. But today is such a day.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:03 AM   #196
Jim in CT

Quote:
It isn’t everyday you can say thousands of Americans will likely die because of what the Supreme Court justices ruled. But today is such a day.
it’s not their job to save lives. it’s their job to strike down that which violates the constitution.

Take a middle school civics class.

here’s Trump on the vaccine:

“the vaccine works, people aren’t dying who take the vaccine.”

yet you blame him for people not taking the vaccine.

that’s not crazy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ess/index.html
Old 01-14-2022, 08:04 AM   #197
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, Trump is pro vaccine. He’s encouraging people to get vaccinated. So by what possible logic, could you say it’s his fault that republicans have low vaccination rates?

Is there anything in your kind that’s not Trumps fault?
Just a coincidence, huh?

The GOP spent decades building a perpetual misinformation machine that was designed to radicalize their supporters, and now some are acting surprised that the people they radicalized have taken over their party.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-14-2022, 08:11 AM   #198
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just a coincidence, huh?

The GOP spent decades building a perpetual misinformation machine that was designed to radicalize their supporters, and now some are acting surprised that the people they radicalized have taken over their party.

i don’t know who said that nonsense about the misinformation machine.

trump is on video saying the vaccine saves lives.

So for the second time, please explain how he is the reason why people aren’t getting vaccinated.

It’s fact that republicans have very poor vaccination rates. But what’s the evidence it’s trumps fault, if he’s telling people
to get vaccinated?

You’re denying facts that don’t serve your Narrative.

I hate that republicans have low vaccination rates. it makes my side
look stupid. But i can still
admit that fact, because i’m not crazy.

You hate that Trump is pro vaccine. You can’t admit that fact, because you are crazy. crazy with TDS.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:38 AM   #199
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s always sorta kinda with your man

“I would recommend it, and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don’t want to get it, and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly,” he said during the Tuesday phone interview. “It is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works.”

But Trump’s endorsement was not unequivocal. Immediately after recommending his supporters get vaccinated, Trump offered an apologia for those who refuse, saying, “we have our freedoms, and we have to live by that. And I agree with that also.”

“Die with your nose tubes in.” The 21st Century GOP definition of freedom.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:52 AM   #200
wdmso

Quote:
now biden said in tv this week that if you’re not on his side of voting reform, you’re George Wallace. When will he apologize?

Yes jim Biden said something that butt hurt Republicans , it's funny what you excuse as hyperbole in others AKA Trump and the GOP is always seen an taken as 100x serious from Biden (cancer handling covid ) to name a few

let's take a historical view of elected Republicans use of threats incendiary rhetoric secession and seditious language ... you will see a list 3x longer from republicans than the Democrats but you'll once again present the defense both sides do it

Meanwhile a large majority of americans support voter id laws. does that make them segregationists wayne?

Jim Meanwhile a large majority of americans support More Gun Control hows that working? An August 2019 Fox News poll of registered voters found 90% of respondents favored universal background checks, 81% supported taking guns from at-risk individuals, and 67% favored banning assault weapons. According to a Pew Research Center poll, "roughly half of Americans (53%) favor stricter gun laws

Public Supports Both Early Voting And Requiring Photo ID to Vote you are correct but you are missing the rest of the story

A large majority (71%) of the public feels in-person early voting should generally be made easier. Just 16% say it should be made harder. Opinion is more divided on voting by mail – 50% say this should be made easier and 39% say it should be made harder. At the same time, fully 4 in 5 Americans (80%) support requiring voters to show photo identification in order to cast a ballot. Just 18% oppose this.
If the voting thing was just about Voter ID maybe would have a valid
Point

the GOP is AGAINST anything that increase participaction.. why they are against a having a voting holiday, drop boxes, early voting, automatic voter enrolment , mail in ballots and expanding forms of voter ID ? why not get involved in these Bill ?

we know the answer because they can't because the base can't accept losing ! SO Trump and the GOP have convinced this Base they lost because of Fraud, no Id ,drop boxes ,early voting ,mail in voting even the voting Machines are in on the Steal . and real Americans vote in person..

And many of these people who are against making voting easier. will just use doordash ... for Burger king for its convenience?

Last edited by wdmso; 01-14-2022 at 09:31 AM..
Old 01-14-2022, 08:52 AM   #201
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s always sorta kinda with your man

“I would recommend it, and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don’t want to get it, and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly,” he said during the Tuesday phone interview. “It is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works.”

But Trump’s endorsement was not unequivocal. Immediately after recommending his supporters get vaccinated, Trump offered an apologia for those who refuse, saying, “we have our freedoms, and we have to live by that. And I agree with that also.”

“Die with your nose tubes in.” The 21st Century GOP definition of freedom.
the second half of his comment is obviously targeted at mandates. not at vaccines.

i’m 100% in favor of the vaccine. but the mandate seems unconstitutional.

those are two distinct things.

no kinda sorta. Trump is opposed to federal mandates, but recommends we all freely choose to get vaccinated.

why is he “my man”, when i say he’s a horrible person and i hope he never runs again?

only you guys would say that makes him “my man”.

your man, is wrapping up one of the worst first years any president has ever had. and this past week, it doesn’t get much worse.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:14 AM   #202
scottw

Quote:

Jim Meanwhile a large majority of americans support More con Control hows that working?
????

our leftist friends here becoming increasingly as incoherent as brandon and president harris.....
Old 01-14-2022, 09:15 AM   #203
scottw

Quote:

your man, is wrapping up one of the worst first years any president has ever had. and this past week, it doesn’t get much worse.

hold his beer...he's just getting started
Old 01-14-2022, 09:28 AM   #204
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the second half of his comment is obviously targeted at mandates. not at vaccines.

i’m 100% in favor of the vaccine. but the mandate seems unconstitutional.

those are two distinct things.

no kinda sorta. Trump is opposed to federal mandates, but recommends we all freely choose to get vaccinated.

why is he “my man”, when i say he’s a horrible person and i hope he never runs again?

only you guys would say that makes him “my man”.

One Year In, Biden’s Approval Rating Is In Trouble — Only Trump’s Was Lower

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-14-2022, 09:40 AM   #205
scottw

Quote:
One Year In, Biden’s Approval Rating Is In Trouble — Only Trump’s Was Lower
yes but democrats and the media and government partisans viciously attacked trump from day 1 of his administration....biden has been fondled and propped up for the past year and is still a disaster
Old 01-14-2022, 09:41 AM   #206
wdmso

Quote:
to be Honest I never thought the 100 person business mandate was going to be up held ..

But I think with how the nation has seen the effects of covid 1st hand many many business. will be making the vaccine a condition of employment for a whole host of reasons .

This ruling only applied to the Fed Government mandate not private business many whom have all ready made it a condition of employmnet
Old 01-14-2022, 12:09 PM   #207
detbuch

Hey Pete, didn't you claim that America's inferior health system results in Americans having poorer overall health than the other advanced countries?

By that metric, it stands to reason that Americans would die at a higher rate from Covid than other countries because Covid deaths are mostly a result of co-morbidities, and our crappy health system results in more co-morbidities.

Or maybe it's the crappy way Americans take care of themselves, more than the health system, that is the problem.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:24 PM   #208
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

Or maybe it's the crappy way Americans take care of themselves, more than the health system, that is the problem.
yup....if we're being honest this is a pandemic of the fat costing the healthcare system a fortune...we need federal mandates to make people diet and exercise or face hefty(see what I did there) fines and lose their jobs, maybe put them in camps till they comply....it's like seat belts for drivers of automobiles....need to stop these people from killing themselves as they speed through life in their oversized suv bodies....need to slim them down to compacts...and it will be better for the environment
Old 01-14-2022, 01:45 PM   #209
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Hey Pete, didn't you claim that America's inferior health system results in Americans having poorer overall health than the other advanced countries?

By that metric, it stands to reason that Americans would die at a higher rate from Covid than other countries because Covid deaths are mostly a result of co-morbidities, and our crappy health system results in more co-morbidities.

Americans health issues are real, on both an individual and system level.

But you’re thinking that the reason counties that supported Trump have higher death rates is because of Whale Team Six?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-14-2022, 02:03 PM   #210
scottw

Quote:

But you’re thinking that the reason counties that supported Trump have higher death rates is because of Whale Team Six?

you keep assuming that the people that died in counties that supported trump are trump supporters...but you don't know that unless the counties are 100% trump voters..which is highly unlikely