Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-14-2022, 02:05 PM   #211
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you keep assuming that the people that died in counties that supported trump are trump supporters...but you don't know that unless the counties are 100% trump voters..which is highly unlikely
Wow
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-14-2022, 02:06 PM   #212
scottw

good news pete...you freaked out over nothing...again

Florida officials confirmed last week that between 800,000 and 1 million COVID tests had expired in a warehouse just before the New Year due to "low demand." On January 7, the Food and Drug Administration issued a letter to Abbott Diagnostics, who produced the tests, saying that they have extended the shelf-life for those tests, and that they can still be used.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:59 PM   #213
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Americans health issues are real, on both an individual and system level.

But you’re thinking that the reason counties that supported Trump have higher death rates is because of Whale Team Six?
If Americans health is overall worse than the health of those in other advanced countries, then it very much stands to reason that would be a major contributing factor of why American death rates from/with Covid would be higher than in those other countries. Disregarding that and trying to pin the blame on politics or the President is worse than merely being disingenuous.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:12 PM   #214
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
good news pete...you freaked out over nothing...again

Florida officials confirmed last week that between 800,000 and 1 million COVID tests had expired in a warehouse just before the New Year due to "low demand." On January 7, the Food and Drug Administration issued a letter to Abbott Diagnostics, who produced the tests, saying that they have extended the shelf-life for those tests, and that they can still be used.
Didn’t you claim that they had expired last fall?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-14-2022, 04:44 PM   #215
scottw

Quote:
Didn’t you claim that they had expired last fall?
Yes…and now the manufacturer has extended the shelf life. I believe they originally expired in the spring. it would not be hard for you to find that information
Old 01-15-2022, 01:07 PM   #216
wdmso

Poor Brett from Hero to Zero

The conservative knives come out for Brett Kavanaugh

Tucker Carlson Thursday night muttering that Kavanaugh was a “cringing little liberal.”

Trump Jr. The left broke Kavanaugh. That was always their intention and it worked.
They turned him into a Roberts.

Honestly, Roberts and Kavanaugh didn’t have a backbone on that decision — that’s the bottom line,” said DeSantis, who has been among the GOP’s foremost critics of vaccine mandates.

Classic GOP expecting allegiance from the HIGHEST COURT. Yet : The law be dammed
Old 01-15-2022, 07:17 PM   #217
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Poor Brett from Hero to Zero

The conservative knives come out for Brett Kavanaugh

Tucker Carlson Thursday night muttering that Kavanaugh was a “cringing little liberal.”

Trump Jr. The left broke Kavanaugh. That was always their intention and it worked.
They turned him into a Roberts.

Honestly, Roberts and Kavanaugh didn’t have a backbone on that decision — that’s the bottom line,” said DeSantis, who has been among the GOP’s foremost critics of vaccine mandates.

Classic GOP expecting allegiance from the HIGHEST COURT. Yet : The law be dammed
we should respect when public officials put partisan loyalties aside and do what they think is right.

Right, wayne ?

that’s why no democrats are criticizing Manchin or Sinema.

as always, it’s ok when democrats do it, but bad when republicans do it.

false equivalence”, right?
Old 01-15-2022, 08:10 PM   #218
Pete F.
Canceled

Funny that you bring up the Koch’s best investments, a Manchin in WV and a Synema in Arizona
Old 01-15-2022, 08:34 PM   #219
detbuch

Quote:
Funny that you bring up the Koch’s best investments, a Manchin in WV and a Synema in Arizona
Sort of like Soros's investment in A.G.'s and Secretaries of State in various key state legislatures.
Old 01-15-2022, 08:50 PM   #220
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Sort of like Soros's investment in A.G.'s and Secretaries of State in various key state legislatures.
You cite unsubstantiated right wing tropes

Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W. Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), two lawmakers who have insisted on shrinking Biden’s domestic legislative priorities, are reaping the benefits for their actions in the form of lucrative campaign donations from Republican donors — many of whom have never given to Democrats before.
And there are receipts

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-15-2022, 08:57 PM   #221
Pete F.
Canceled

Back to Covid
AZ had over 20,000 new cases of COVID on Friday, and the state has officially requested President Biden send military paramedics to help with overflowing hospitals. The Stable Genius Donald Trump is having a mask-free rally there today.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:05 PM   #222
detbuch

Quote:

Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W. Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), two lawmakers who have insisted on shrinking Biden’s domestic legislative priorities, are reaping the benefits for their actions in the form of lucrative campaign donations from Republican donors — many of whom have never given to Democrats before.
And there are receipts
So Manchin and Sinema didn't get donations from Democrat donors before? Did Manchin and Sinema simply decide that they'd rather get donations from Republican donors?

So the other Dem Senators only vote Dem because they get money from Dem donors?

If Manchin and Sinema really want to get more money from Repub donors, they should just switch parties.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:30 PM   #223
Jim in CT

Quote:

And there are receipts
Manchin and Sinema are supposed to represent their constituents, not to help joe biden. the voters in those states get to decide.

whenever conservatives lean
left, the left says they’re heroes.

but when liberals lean right? the left attacks them as traitors.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:33 PM   #224
Jim in CT

Quote:
Back to Covid
AZ had over 20,000 new cases of COVID on Friday, and the state has officially requested President Biden send military paramedics to help with overflowing hospitals. The Stable Genius Donald Trump is having a mask-free rally there today.
Number of cases no longer matters, 90% of us are going to get this.

me, my wife, and three kids are all
fully vaccinated, including boosters for my wife and i.

me, my wife, and two of my kids tested positive in the last few days. feels like a moderate cold
to all of us. nowhere near as bad as the flu.

we did everything right, and 80% of us have it in my house.

case counts mean absolutely nothing, because vaccines and masks don’t prevent this strain.

deaths are all that matters.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:38 PM   #225
detbuch

Quote:
Back to Covid
Relax Pete. Covid is in its dying phase, slipping from pandemic phase to endemic phase. The nastier strains have pretty much disappeared, replaced by a weaker version and herd immunity is gradually being achieved to the point where it'll be like the flue. Like the flue, shots every year especially for the elderly and immune compromised.

Probably happen in time for the 2024 election, or maybe even before the 2022 midterms. So you won't have to worry about Trump or the Republicans, and we can proceed to an unlimited central governing power which can't be stopped from delivering your desired universal health care, gun control, anytime abortion on demand, unimpeded immigration illegal or otherwise, the various Marxist/Post Modern Critical Theories practiced in our commercial and public arenas, and the death of Bannon Capitalism----

The utopian Progressive merge into a war ending and universal public and private equity producing global governance.

It's all just around the corner. You will have fought the good fight and won it for the blessed sake of your children.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:02 AM   #226
scottw

Quote:

Back to Covid
AZ had over 20,000 new cases of COVID on Friday, and the state has officially requested President Biden send military paramedics to help with overflowing hospitals.

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- Staffing continues to be a top concern for Arizona hospitals.

"To me, it's the biggest thing that keeps me up at night," said Dr. Joshua LaBaer, director of ASU's Biodesign Institute. "That's the biggest scare. There are empty beds, but there's no one to staff the beds, and that's the big concern."

Mayo Clinic fires 700 unvaccinated employees, including in Arizona

Dec 31, 2021 Updated Jan 5, 2022

Nursing shortages compounding Southern Arizona health care crisis
More than 240 jobs are open at St. Joseph’s and St. Mary’s hospitals.

Northwest Health? More than 400 between its three hospitals, multiple clinics and now, a fourth hospital, Northwest Medical Center Houghton, which is scheduled to open next year.

At Banner Health’s Tucson locations there are 454 vacant posts, and more than 400 jobs are available at Tucson Medical Center.

Of these 1,500 or so openings, which include laboratory techs, radiology workers, housekeepers and other support services, the greatest number of vacancies continues by far to be for what the community needs most: nurses.

There are roughly 600 nursing vacancies in Tucson right now.
Old 01-16-2022, 04:40 AM   #227
Pete F.
Canceled

Around 1,900 deaths are being announced each day, a 50 percent increase over the last two weeks.
Old 01-16-2022, 04:47 AM   #228
wdmso

Love this

Their are people who have gotten Covid the original delta and omicron
And vaccinated…. You must be a rand Paul fan and his natural immunity stump speech

And this right wing taking point Mayo Clinic fires 700 unvaccinated employees, including in Arizona

That has zero to do with staging shortages. Hospitals have kept staffing at the bare minimum for decades (. Profit!) then Covid hits mass retirements across the country after the 1st Covid wave then the 2nd and NOW floods the hospitals again with patients

And conservatives suggest it’s because they fired people who wouldn’t get the vaccinated… Pay attention this issue of shortage of nurses is nation wide and it follows the infections from state to state but this time this new highly contagious variant is just infecting more people faster across the country at the same time . PS an RN can’t just become an ICU nurse or an OR nurse or maternity Nurse, some like to think that’s how it works

Supply and demand strikes again
Old 01-16-2022, 06:10 AM   #229
scottw

Quote:
Love this

Number of cases no longer matters, 90% of us are going to get this. this is what we are being told by the media and political/medical experts as tehy change the narrative, aren't you paying attention?..first we couldn't get it or we would die so inject...now everyone is going to get it so inject.....

And vaccinated…. You must be a rand Paul fan and his natural immunity stump speech

And this right wing taking point Mayo Clinic fires 700 unvaccinated employees, including in Arizona

That has zero to do with staging shortages. if you fire a bunch of people and then you don't have enough people to do the work...yeah, probably has nothing to do with firing people....are you drunk?

Hospitals have kept staffing at the bare minimum for decades (. Profit!) then Covid hits mass retirements across the country after the 1st Covid wave then the 2nd and NOW floods the hospitals again with patients

And conservatives suggest it’s because they fired people who wouldn’t get the vaccinated… Pay attention this issue of shortage of nurses is nation wide and it follows the infections from state to state but this time this new highly contagious variant is just infecting more people faster across the country at the same time . PS an RN can’t just become an ICU nurse or an OR nurse or maternity Nurse, some like to think that’s how it works nobody ever said this but you

now you can be vaccinated and infected and go to your job at the hospital with the most transmissible form of the virus to date....it's almost like they want everyone to get it... I wonder how many go to the hospital, not because they need to...but because they've been terrified by the media for so long that getting it means they'll die

Last edited by scottw; 01-16-2022 at 06:37 AM..
Old 01-16-2022, 06:11 AM   #230
scottw

Quote:
Around 1,900 deaths are being announced each day, a 50 percent increase over the last two weeks.
I'm sure brandon will end covid soon.....
Old 01-16-2022, 06:34 AM   #231
scottw

Quote:
Back to Covid
AZ had over 20,000 new cases of COVID on Friday,
no mention of California's 120,000 Friday?..
Old 01-16-2022, 07:41 AM   #232
Jim in CT

Quote:
doesn’t serve the narrative.
Old 01-16-2022, 07:45 AM   #233
Jim in CT

Quote:
Love this

That has zero to do with staging shortages. Hospitals have kept staffing at the bare minimum for decades (. Profit!) then Covid hits mass retirements across the country after the 1st Covid wave then the 2nd and NOW floods the hospitals again with patients

And conservatives suggest it’s because they fired people who wouldn’t get the vaccinated… Pay attention this issue of shortage of nurses is nation wide and it follows the infections from state to state but this time this new highly contagious variant is just infecting more people faster across the country at the same time . PS an RN can’t just become an ICU nurse or an OR nurse or maternity Nurse, some like to think that’s how it works

i don’t think the president or governors any longer have much control about keeping case counts low. the data seems to support that, as case counts are exploding all over the country.

if you disagree, that means you’re saying case counts are still in our control? if you believe that, then since cases are skyrocketing, doesn’t that mean biden is failing?

your comprehension is so bad, you’re not able to see that i was giving biden a free pass for what’s happening right now. fine. you therefore think he’s doing a miserable job.

vaccines do almost nothing to keep
people from catching the omicron variant. vaccines do help, in that they help prevent you from getting very sick.

nothing can stop case counts right now, until it fizzles out. that’s not a right wing talking point. if i was spewing partisan babble, i’d be blaming biden which i’m not.

you really, really stink at talking about this stuff.

is there any data which says the vaccines put a good dent in case counts of the omicron variant? huge numbers of vaccinated people are getting covid now. but as you’ve pointed out, they don’t often get very sick.

case counts no longer matter. almost all of us are going to get it, unless you don’t leave your house.
Old 01-16-2022, 08:04 AM   #234
Pete F.
Canceled

The United States is now reporting 158,263 current coronavirus hospitalizations, the highest number since the pandemic began, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services.

There’s detailed data on 3rd shots and vaccines from Alberta.

Essentially: “The hospitalization rate among 3x-vaccinated 80+ year olds is lower than the hospitalization rate among unvaccinated 12-29-year-olds.”
Old 01-16-2022, 08:07 AM   #235
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

vaccines do help, in that they help prevent you from getting very sick.

keep in mind that omicron is pretty mild for most people which is likely the biggest reason people aren't getting very sick....not sure if we can say that for healthy people it keeps them from getting very sick...there is no way to measure that....

I was listening to a public issues show this morning...apparently some of the biggest surges hospitals are now seeing are eating disorders and mental health issues....

I know some unvaxxed people that got it...it was very mild for them...that's not to say it doesn't cause problems for other folks obviously(settle down pete)

I read an article from pete's state recently that said emergency rooms there were being swamped because people were doing the at-home test, getting a positive and then racing to the emergency room, probably worried they were about to die
Old 01-16-2022, 08:09 AM   #236
scottw

Quote:
The United States is now reporting 158,263 current coronavirus hospitalizations, the highest number since the pandemic began, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services.

There’s detailed data on 3rd shots and vaccines from Alberta.

Essentially: “The hospitalization rate among 3x-vaccinated 80+ year olds is lower than the hospitalization rate among unvaccinated 12-29-year-olds.”
Europe’s drug regulator warns excessive COVID boosters could lead to ‘problems with immune response,’ joining WHO in pushback

DAVID MEYER
January 12, 2022

keep boosting pete.....I think you can get another one in a month or two....
Old 01-16-2022, 08:18 AM   #237
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And I didn’t mention lots of other states either

Az population 7.5M
Ca population 40M

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-16-2022, 08:23 AM   #238
scottw

Quote:
And I didn’t mention lots of other states either

Az population 7.5M
Ca population 40M
yeah but you'd think you'd go with the one with the most, the one that REALLY stood out....instead of picking one at random down in the pack

Last edited by scottw; 01-16-2022 at 08:29 AM..
Old 01-16-2022, 08:26 AM   #239
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Back to Covid
You just keep wondering

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-16-2022, 08:29 AM   #240
scottw

Quote:
You just keep wondering
keep cherry picking