Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-14-2022, 07:39 PM   #571
Pete F.
Canceled

Yesterday, the right said we couldn’t call J6 an insurrection because because nobody was charged with sedition.

Today, the right says the concept of a conspiracy, which has been an element of every legal system in the world since Hammurabi 4,000 years ago, should be abolished.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-14-2022, 08:07 PM   #572
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Yesterday, the right said we couldn’t call J6 an insurrection because because nobody was charged with sedition.

Today, the right says the concept of a conspiracy, which has been an element of every legal system in the world since Hammurabi 4,000 years ago, should be abolished.
if those guys were smart they would have hired the Chaz/Chop crew as consultants...now THOSE guys knew how to take over a chunk of real estate with force and real guns and then control it for a while, even setting up their own interim government
Old 01-14-2022, 08:09 PM   #573
scottw

Quote:

Today, the right says........

you are starting to sound like wayne....
Old 01-14-2022, 10:04 PM   #574
detbuch

Quote:
It would be inaccurate to refer to the J6 riot as a whole as an insurrection because it was not a coordinated effort. There may have been a few third rate or less insurrectionists in the crowd but most were not and were not even all not only not coordinated with each other, but had different motives. That does not make J6 an insurrection. Nor has anyone been convicted of sedition yet. If and when someone is, he might be referred to as an insurrectionist, but that does not make the riot an insurrection.
Old 01-15-2022, 05:07 AM   #575
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
It would be inaccurate to refer to the J6 riot as a whole as an insurrection because it was not a coordinated effort. There may have been a few third rate or less insurrectionists in the crowd but most were not and were not even all not only not coordinated with each other, but had different motives. That does not make J6 an insurrection. Nor has anyone been convicted of sedition yet. If and when someone is, he might be referred to as an insurrectionist, but that does not make the riot an insurrection.
is is true that in the indictment, the people charged with sedition who were being surveilled and monitored by the feds recorded their expressed anger with trump for not maintaining power and had decided they were going to have to act on their own?...doesn't sound like they were coordinating with anyone other than their
little band of nuts

is it true that trump authorized the use of the national guard for the 6th and that pelosi and bowser refused? pelosi had been suggesting trump supporters were terrorists for years you'd think she would have welcomed the extra security

that guys with the eye patch tho'....reminds me of when the South Park kids decided they wanted to be pirates so they went to Somalia

there were apparently three additional men from Florida charged recently...that will make pete happy....they were charged with "civil disorder"

The term "civil disorder" means any public disturbance involving acts of violence by assemblages of three or more persons, which causes an immediate danger of or results in damage or injury to the property or person of any other individual.

This sounds remarkably like the democrats and their friends during the 574 declared riots during the democrat summer of love

Last edited by scottw; 01-15-2022 at 05:13 AM..
Old 01-15-2022, 07:52 AM   #576
Pete F.
Canceled

I would suggest you read the insurrectionist conspiracy charge. It states conduct that precedes and postdates January 6. So it extends the story in either direction toward planning if 1/6 and continued planned violence after.
Then watch the conspirators lawyers interview, where he claims they where just waiting for orders.

Where would they have gotten the idea that Trump would use the Insurrection Act like Rhodes’ attorney suggested today? Who told them that was a possibility??

You would almost think the DOJ was conducting investigations with intention, quietly and then charging people when they had evidence against them that was significant.
Old 01-15-2022, 08:05 AM   #577
scottw

Quote:
I would suggest you read the insurrectionist conspiracy charge. It states conduct that precedes and postdates January 6. So it extends the story in either direction toward planning if 1/6 and continued planned violence after.
Then watch the conspirators lawyers interview, where he claims they where just waiting for orders.

pete, do you know if these seditionists entered the capitol?
Old 01-15-2022, 09:19 AM   #578
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
pete, do you know if these seditionists entered the capitol?
The crime of conspiracy doesn’t require you to be present at the scene of the crime.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-15-2022, 09:19 AM   #579
Pete F.
Canceled

The forged electoral certificates show coordination across seven states. Those fake certificates were key to the plan of the Eastman memo and to the Jeffrey Clark DOJ draft letter to Georgia. The conspiracy involved fraud and force. At the head of the conspiracy: Donald Trump.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:23 AM   #580
scottw

Quote:
The crime of conspiracy doesn’t require you to be present at the scene of the crime.
that wasn't the question, if you read the indictment, surely you would know
Old 01-15-2022, 09:24 AM   #581
scottw

Quote:
The forged electoral certificates show coordination across seven states. Those fake certificates were key to the plan of the Eastman memo and to the Jeffrey Clark DOJ draft letter to Georgia. The conspiracy involved fraud and force. At the head of the conspiracy: Donald Trump.
are the authorities aware of this?
Old 01-15-2022, 09:29 AM   #582
Pete F.
Canceled

Why the 7 forged certifications matter:
Eastman memo: "Pence...announces because of the ongoing disputes...there are no electors that can be deemed validly appointed in those States...[So] there are 232 votes for Trump, 222 votes for Biden. Pence then gavels Trump re-elected.”
Old 01-15-2022, 09:34 AM   #583
scottw

Quote:
Why the 7 forged certifications matter:
Eastman memo: "Pence...announces because of the ongoing disputes...there are no electors that can be deemed validly appointed in those States...[So] there are 232 votes for Trump, 222 votes for Biden. Pence then gavels Trump re-elected.”
if they are forged I'm sure someone will be arrested...hopefully, for your sanity it will be trump
Old 01-15-2022, 09:34 AM   #584
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
that wasn't the question, if you read the indictment, surely you would know
Doesn’t matter, if all were present.
If you do read the indictment, you will see that not all of the conspirators were charged on all counts.

Do you think the DOJ prosecutors didn’t do the work to be able to obtain convictions?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-15-2022, 09:38 AM   #585
wdmso

because it was not a coordinated effort.

I love this line or reasoning, which may actually be True if

but ever single elected Republican and other key supporters of Trump
Have refused to answer questions in front of the committee why ?

is that ! if it’s as some here claim as just 3 rate insurrectionist

the problem is the rest of the country aren’t in the cult we don’t blindly believe everything we read. (is it true that trump authorized the use of the national guard for the 6th and that pelosi and bowser refused? )

The Trump and GOP supporters are bombarded with so much misinformation from the trump triangle of Fox OAN and newsmax that when the lies get exposed they just go back into the fake new corner

Republicans 3 odd years on Benghazi. Outraged Americans died many here insisting troops could have helped , I should pull some up for a side by side comparison

Yet Jan 6th Trump took 4 hrs to take any action on an attack 2 miles from the White House to the capital . And the GOP and Trump supporters response. So What ! it happened get over it already
Old 01-15-2022, 09:38 AM   #586
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
if they are forged I'm sure someone will be arrested...hopefully, for your sanity it will be trump
They had them notarized and sent them to the NATIONAL ARCHIVES. Used State seals. This is serious forgery. It was also part of seditious conspiracy to overturn an election. This carries a hefty prison sentence because it is not just one thing.
You think the DOJ is sleeping?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-15-2022, 09:41 AM   #587
scottw

I read the indictment...interesting stuff....apparently 10 unarmed guys hoped to cross the delaware in a boat and take the capitol, Steal Team 1 and Steal Team 2 apparently entered the capitol unarmed and were going to take the capitol and hold it until the heavily armed back up units arrived(they apparently never arrived) where they would then overthrow democracy.....kinds like Chaz/Chop without the firepower

biggest question I have is if the FBI, which we know has closely monitoring these types since being declared domestic terrorists back during the Obama years, knew just about everything they were up to between the election and insurrection as well as all of the mayhem and violence they continued to plot afterward.....

why was there no added security at the capitol, how did these guys get anywhere near the capitol never mind in the capitol and why weren't they arrested until a year after the event?

Last edited by scottw; 01-15-2022 at 09:46 AM..
Old 01-15-2022, 09:41 AM   #588
scottw

Quote:
They had them notarized and sent them to the NATIONAL ARCHIVES. Used State seals. This is serious forgery. It was also part of seditious conspiracy to overturn an election. This carries a hefty prison sentence because it is not just one thing.
You think the DOJ is sleeping?
sounds serious...someone is probably in big trouble
Old 01-15-2022, 10:12 AM   #589
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I read the indictment...interesting stuff....apparently 10 unarmed guys hoped to cross the delaware in a boat and take the capitol, Steal Team 1 and Steal Team 2 apparently entered the capitol unarmed and were going to take the capitol and hold it until the heavily armed back up units arrived(they apparently never arrived) where they would then overthrow democracy.....kinds like Chaz/Chop without the firepower

biggest question I have is if the FBI, which we know has closely monitoring these types since being declared domestic terrorists back during the Obama years, knew just about everything they were up to between the election and insurrection as well as all of the mayhem and violence they continued to plot afterward.....

why was there no added security at the capitol, how did these guys get anywhere near the capitol never mind in the capitol and why weren't they arrested until a year after the event?
Sounds like questions for the administration in charge, Flynn’s brother, Chris Miller, etc.
Having all the former secretary’s of defense issue a statement should give you reason to wonder.

Oh yeah, the deep state

The ten living American secretaries of defense collectively signed an extraordinary letter over the weekend, stating in the strongest possible terms that the U.S. election is over, the time for protests is past, and that there is no role for the U.S. military in resolving any controversy surrounding it. They called for a smooth and professional transition of defense responsibilities from the current administration to the next, reflecting their frustration with the obvious stonewalling that has characterized much of the turnover so far. And, most forcefully, they said that any civilian and military officials who directed the use of the military to interfere in the electoral process would be held accountable, “including potentially facing criminal penalties, for the grave consequences of their actions on our republic.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-15-2022, 10:19 AM   #590
wdmso

Here are few Benghazi outrages You will not find the same convictions when applied to What happened January 6th

God Bless Foxnews, the only network willing to do their jobs on this story.

Unfreakinbelievable.

EXCLUSIVE: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say | Fox News

WHY ISN'T THIS A BIGGER STORY.

Stevens and others ask for more security, and they are denied. When it turns out thet were justified in asking for more security, their pleas for help go unanswered?

Unfreakinbelievable.

"A second force that specializes in counterterrorism rescues was on hand at Sigonella, according to senior military and intelligence sources. According to those sources, they could have flown to Benghazi in less than two hours. They were the same distance to Benghazi as those that were sent from Tripoli"

guess under this administration we can't defend against 20 or so militants
If we can't send in a drone we don't go
We have an administration that can't think on its feet and has to way the personal political fallout in every move.
Obama first,,,,everything else after.

I guess under this administration we can't defend against 20 or so militants"

You said it before i could.

The drones over the compound showed approximately TWENTY attackers. Twenty. This was not the Battle Of Thermopayle.

Spence, if Obama's military advisors need 2 weeks to figure out how to defeat 20 barbarians, then I think they need to be replaced.

2 Navy SEALS survived the attack for 7 hours, for Christ's sakes. 15 or 20 more special forces soldiers, and it's a turkey shoot.

Spence, you don't put people in harm's way and refuse to help them. You just don't, not if you have any honor.

The Obama administration stood their with their hands in their pockets, because of 20 barbarians who probably couldn't scratch their names in the dirt with a stick. Even Jimmy Carter wasn't that impotent. Obama was probably looking on the Harvard Law Review for the appropriate response, while those guys were literally fighting for their lives.

UNFREKINBELIEVABLE.

Amazing how with all the number of hours of real time information streaming into the situation room , a decision to do nothing was made
It took the Bush administration minutes to get planes in the air and the order to shoot down American airliners

At an absolute minimum, you at least deploy some troops in choppers, and have them hold a few miles out, while you try to figure out if you can send them in. That way, once you getthje green light, they are 2 minutes out. If the forces are an hour away, it makes zero tactical sense to leave themthat far out. They could have been hovering the ocean (Benghazi is on the coast),

Plain as the nose on your face, either one of two things, complete and utter incompetency,or lack of courage to make the right decesion for whatever reason.

Come on Mr President, tell us why four of our American citizens weren't given
the help they asked for and needed.

These are significant questions. Have they been clearly answered already? If so, Gowdy whould explain why he says they are unanswered. If many of these are still unanswered (and I can't fathom why these wouldn't have been answered yet), that's valid reason for the hearings.

The Dems do not want thee hearings. Human Nature 101 suggests that when one has noting to hide, one does not quiver at the thought of answering a question.

The good news is, soon we'll all know. Interesting that the GOP can't wait to start the hearings, and the Democrats want nothing to do with it. I find that revealing, I am sure you do not.

Gowdy is not a party hack. He was named a US attorney by one Bill Clinton. He's respected on your side, though I'd imagine not for long, as I suspect he's about to take a lot of powerful Democrats out to the woodshed.

I just hope it lasts until 2016...

So where was the President during the time these brave men were fighting for their life's and begging for help ?
I missed that testimony

I care where he was. I'm of the understanding he knew the attack was taking place . If he shrugged it off and passed on the decision making to others then I would like someone held accountable.....

The hearings are coming. I cannot wait to watch Gowdy refuse to let anyone whitewash this.

This is just a few. Examples of how the The GOP and their supporters are just hypocrites claiming these great convictions of truth and honesty being objective
Than History proves otherwise
Old 01-15-2022, 10:27 AM   #591
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Here are few Benghazi outrages
try to stay on topic...
Old 01-15-2022, 10:28 AM   #592
scottw

Quote:
Sounds like questions for the administration in charge, Flynn’s brother, Chris Miller, etc.
Having all the former secretary’s of defense issue a statement should give you reason to wonder.

Oh yeah, the deep state

The ten living American secretaries of defense collectively signed an extraordinary letter over the weekend, stating in the strongest possible terms that the U.S. election is over, the time for protests is past, and that there is no role for the U.S. military in resolving any controversy surrounding it. They called for a smooth and professional transition of defense responsibilities from the current administration to the next, reflecting their frustration with the obvious stonewalling that has characterized much of the turnover so far. And, most forcefully, they said that any civilian and military officials who directed the use of the military to interfere in the electoral process would be held accountable, “including potentially facing criminal penalties, for the grave consequences of their actions on our republic.”
you ramble a lot.....
Old 01-15-2022, 10:34 AM   #593
scottw

Quote:

Flynn’s brother

I played baseball and football with him...I'll ask...
Old 01-15-2022, 01:15 PM   #594
wdmso

Quote:
try to stay on topic...
Oh it’s right on Topic your response not so much
Old 01-17-2022, 09:18 AM   #595
wdmso

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday at his rally in Florence, Ariz., blasted the treatment of Capitol protesters and Democrats' "blatant abuse of power to harass their political opponents."

Donald Trump falsely declared in a weekend rally that public health authorities are denying the COVID-19 vaccine to white people because of their race.

keep support Him
Old 01-17-2022, 09:41 AM   #596
Jim in CT

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump on Saturday at his rally in Florence, Ariz., blasted the treatment of Capitol protesters and Democrats' "blatant abuse of power to harass their political opponents."

Donald Trump falsely declared in a weekend rally that public health authorities are denying the COVID-19 vaccine to white people because of their race.

keep support Him
i don’t support him. but there are places that are prioritizing vaccines and treatment by skin color. that’s true. and it’s not what MLK would have wanted.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:52 AM   #597
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i don’t support him. but there are places that are prioritizing vaccines and treatment by skin color. that’s true. and it’s not what MLK would have wanted.
A good day to remember MLK was one of the most despised men in the country, subject to constant surveillance and harassment by the government, and that the means by which his life’s work has been twisted and weaponized by those same people is what we’re fighting now.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-17-2022, 12:13 PM   #598
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Ok Jim lets see the links show US all where people who want the vaccine are being told they can't have it because of Race

If you say the messaging may be to prioritize the vaccine on Race and other factors just like people over 65 I would agree

Once again you say you dont support him then Back him up suggesting its True
Old 01-19-2022, 09:53 AM   #599
wdmso

Donald Trump's family business misrepresented the value of some of its biggest assets by hundreds of millions of dollars, according to documents filed by the New York attorney general.

let me guess
Old 01-19-2022, 10:30 AM   #600
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ok Jim lets see the links show US all where people who want the vaccine are being told they can't have it because of Race

If you say the messaging may be to prioritize the vaccine on Race and other factors just like people over 65 I would agree

Once again you say you dont support him then Back him up suggesting its True
Here's one of many...

https://nypost.com/2022/01/01/nyc-ad...g-covid-tests/