Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-17-2022, 09:22 AM   #241
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Europe’s drug regulator warns excessive COVID boosters could lead to ‘problems with immune response,’ joining WHO in pushback

DAVID MEYER
January 12, 2022

keep boosting pete.....I think you can get another one in a month or two....
the entire statement

On Tuesday, EMA vaccine strategy chief Marco Cavaleri said there was still no data supporting the need for a fourth COVID vaccine dose. And even if multiple boosters do prove to be necessary, they would need to be spaced out in the style of annual flu jabs, rather than delivered every several months. He also warned that overly frequent booster doses could potentially lead to "problems with immune response."

thanks for the whole story
Old 01-17-2022, 09:29 AM   #242
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
we should respect when public officials put partisan loyalties aside and do what they think is right.

Right, wayne ?

that’s why no democrats are criticizing Manchin or Sinema.

as always, it’s ok when democrats do it, but bad when republicans do it.

false equivalence”, right?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
thank you jim for another episode of Everythings equal

Criticism is fine but that's not what Tucker or Ron were doing is it ..

they want a SC Judge to rule with partisan loyalties ...

it's not remotely close to expecting Manchin or Sinema. backing a Democratic legislation...

Get back to me when what happened to Liz happens to Manchin or Sinema
Old 01-17-2022, 09:40 AM   #243
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
thank you jim for another episode of Everythings equal

Criticism is fine but that's not what Tucker or Ron were doing is it ..

they want a SC Judge to rule with partisan loyalties ...

it's not remotely close to expecting Manchin or Sinema. backing a Democratic legislation...

Get back to me when what happened to Liz happens to Manchin or Sinema
and the entire democratic party wants Manchin and Sinema to fall in line.

The GOP had a minor civil war. The Bush/Cheney wing lost. it happens.

the democrats are also having a civil
war between moderates and progressives. it’s still being waged. it’s a riot to behold.

i’m. it saying these things are identical. But they’re comparable.

and as always with you, you attack republicans for doing things which don’t bother you when liberals
do it. because you have zero principles.

you whine when conservatives speak out against fellow conservatives who break ranks. but you can’t utter a syllable of criticism when the left speaks out against fellow liberals who break ranks.

as always, it’s only problematic when republicans do it.

Maxine Waters said publicly that Sinema and Manchin don’t care about black people. Go ahead and defend that. Waters called them racists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ack-people.amp

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-17-2022 at 10:06 AM..
Old 01-17-2022, 12:19 PM   #244
wdmso

Quote:
and the entire democratic party wants Manchin and Sinema to fall in line.

The GOP had a minor civil war. The Bush/Cheney wing lost. it happens.

the democrats are also having a civil
war between moderates and progressives. it’s still being waged. it’s a riot to behold.

i’m. it saying these things are identical. But they’re comparable.

and as always with you, you attack republicans for doing things which don’t bother you when liberals
do it. because you have zero principles.

you whine when conservatives speak out against fellow conservatives who break ranks. but you can’t utter a syllable of criticism when the left speaks out against fellow liberals who break ranks.

as always, it’s only problematic when republicans do it.

Maxine Waters said publicly that Sinema and Manchin don’t care about black people. Go ahead and defend that. Waters called them racists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ack-people.amp

JIM all that ^^^ and you Avoid Bretts a SC justice and how conservatives want his head

and pivot to Blacks and Sinema and Manchin? again as if the 2 are remotely the same

Trump told the journalist he is very upset with Kavanaugh’s record so far, arguing he doesn’t have “the courage you need to be a great justice.”

“I saved his life,” Trump said of Kavanaugh. “He wouldn't even be in a law firm. Who would have had him? Nobody. Totally disgraced. Only I saved him.” that's not looking for quid pro quo is it?

just like the dems ya ok

Last edited by wdmso; 01-17-2022 at 12:30 PM..
Old 01-17-2022, 12:29 PM   #245
wdmso

heres another Trump now trying to distance himself from Picking Brett

now he is blaming Mark Meadows classic Trump

Meadows Talked Trump Out of Yanking Kavanaugh for 'I Liked Beer' Remark
Old 01-17-2022, 12:32 PM   #246
Pete F.
Canceled

Silly, Sinema thinks she’s going to be President and Manchin is in it for his family’s fortune.
That’s why Sinema has no chance of being re-elected and her delusional idea that she’s the centrist candidate for President is just that, delusional.

West Virginia is ranked where it is among states because Manchin cares about his pocketbook while his state ranks in the bottom 5 in almost every data point.
Taxes are cheap there and nobody has teeth, it’s your kinda place.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:33 PM   #247
Jim in CT

Quote:
JIM all that and you Avoid Bretts a SC justice and how conservatives want his head

and pivot to Blacks and Sinema and Manchin again as if the 2 are remotely the same

Trump told the journalist he is very upset with Kavanaugh’s record so far, arguing he doesn’t have “the courage you need to be a great justice.”

“I saved his life,” Trump said of Kavanaugh. “He wouldn't even be in a law firm. Who would have had him? Nobody. Totally disgraced. Only I saved him.” thats not looking for quid pro quo is it?

just like the dems ya ok
you, not me, criticized republicans for going after their own for not towing them karts line. but as always, you refuse to hold democrats to the same standard.

i made no comment about either side, other than to say they’re either both right or both wrong.

i like kavanaugh a lot. i won’t agree with every single decision he makes, and that’s ok, but i like the guy. for sure he’s not the rapist your side desperately tries to make him out to be.

i don’t especially like manchin or sinema, but i like what they’re doing with the fillibuster.

and i think those who attack their own for thinking for themselves once in awhile, are wrong to do so. it’s wrong for republicans to do it, and it’s equally wrong for democrats rats to do it.

good luck finding any hypocrisy there.
Old 01-17-2022, 01:09 PM   #248
Pete F.
Canceled

What happens at Georgetown stays at Georgetown, I like beer was never over the line drunk and F.B.I. assistant director, Jill C. Tyson, said that the most “relevant” of the 4,500 tips the agency received during an investigation into Mr. Kavanaugh’s past were referred to White House lawyers in the Trump administration, whose handling of them remains unclear.

The letter left uncertain whether the F.B.I. itself followed up on the most compelling leads. The agency was conducting a background check rather than a criminal investigation, meaning that “the authorities, policies, and procedures used to investigate criminal matters did not apply,” the letter said.

That’s plenty of due diligence for a lifetime appointment 🤡
Old 01-17-2022, 03:44 PM   #249
wdmso

Now it seems Ron’s sees the benefit of kowtowing to his anti vaccine and pro freedom crowd Paying Trump as pro vaccine and anti freedom and blamed "people like" Dr. Anthony Fauci

The new darling of the MAGA universe he’ll lie and lie for a vote and they will love him for it
Old 01-17-2022, 04:24 PM   #250
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now it seems Ron’s sees the benefit of kowtowing to his anti vaccine and pro freedom crowd Paying Trump as pro vaccine and anti freedom and blamed "people like" Dr. Anthony Fauci

The new darling of the MAGA universe he’ll lie and lie for a vote and they will love him for it
trump has said he is vaccinated, has said the vaccines are saving a ton of lives.

how is he not pro vaccine?
Old 01-17-2022, 04:28 PM   #251
Jim in CT

Quote:
Paying Trump as pro vaccine :
Trump on the vaccine, according to CNN...

"The vaccine is one of the greatest achievements of mankind. the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get (Covid), it's a very minor form. People aren't dying when they take the vaccine. the vaccine works. The ones that get very sick and go to the hospital are the ones that don't take their vaccine...I recommend that you take it."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/23/polit...ess/index.html

yet, You deny that Trump is pro vaccine. whew.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-17-2022 at 04:34 PM..
Old 01-17-2022, 04:53 PM   #252
wdmso

Quote:
trump has said he is vaccinated, has said the vaccines are saving a ton of lives.

how is he not pro vaccine?
You don’t get it do you ..Iam not saying anything but Ron is

Ron’s taking a hard right Turn suggesting Trumps a moderate lol

Trump “uncharacteristically out of step with the hard-line elements of his party’s base.” DeSantis’ COVID response in many ways follows an anti-science playbook set in motion by Trump, who now, with even his lukewarm defense of vaccines, is perhaps no longer extreme enough for his own movement. “DeSantis may or may not actually be more delusional on COVID than Donald Trump,”
Old 01-17-2022, 04:59 PM   #253
Jim in CT

Quote:
You don’t get it do you ..Iam not saying anything but Ron is

Ron’s taking a hard right Turn suggesting Trumps a moderate lol

Trump “uncharacteristically out of step with the hard-line elements of his party’s base.” DeSantis’ COVID response in many ways follows an anti-science playbook set in motion by Trump, who now, with even his lukewarm defense of vaccines, is perhaps no longer extreme enough for his own movement. “DeSantis may or may not actually be more delusional on COVID than Donald Trump,”
Desantis is being a political jerk with the vaccines, I agree.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:52 PM   #254
Pete F.
Canceled

The Silent, Vaccinated, Impatient Majority Is sick of Covid and the immature narcissistic wimps who think freedum means they are special.
Old 01-18-2022, 06:30 AM   #255
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The Silent, Vaccinated, Impatient Majority Is sick of Covid and the immature narcissistic wimps who think freedum means they are special.
yes liberals are being silent about their opinions as always. they aren’t constantly criticizing the unvaccinated, not a peep.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:15 AM   #256
scottw

Quote:
yes liberals are being silent about their opinions as always. they aren’t constantly criticizing the unvaccinated, not a peep.
..hardly ever hear from them...no virtue signaling whatsoever
Old 01-18-2022, 08:55 AM   #257
wdmso

Ivermectin: Arkansas inmates sue over Covid treatment with horse dewormer

But conservatives compare vaccine mandates to the holocaust

This is look like a better comparison
Old 01-18-2022, 09:09 AM   #258
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ivermectin: Arkansas inmates sue over Covid treatment with horse dewormer

But conservatives compare vaccine mandates to the holocaust

This is look like a better comparison
You aren’t aware of the human uses of Ivermectin?

my god where do you get your information?
Old 01-18-2022, 10:17 AM   #259
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor victims

In polling 90% of R voters say Christianity is under attack in US; 2/3-3/4 say Whites now face as much discrimination as minorities; ~2/3 say immigrants are threatening US traditions; ~55% say "traditional way of US life disappearing so fast we may need to use force to save it"
Old 01-18-2022, 10:20 AM   #260
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
By the way, vaccination is not a "deeply personal decision." It is a routine public health requirement in a civilized society.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-18-2022, 10:27 AM   #261
Jim in CT

Quote:
By the way, vaccination is not a "deeply personal decision." It is a routine public health requirement in a civilized society.
pete, i agree with you on vaccines, it’s an issue that the gop looks horrible on.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:31 AM   #262
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor victims

In polling 90% of R voters say Christianity is under attack in US; 2/3-3/4 say Whites now face as much discrimination as minorities; ~2/3 say immigrants are threatening US traditions; ~55% say "traditional way of US life disappearing so fast we may need to use force to save it"
when a christian baker can’t choose to not participate in a gay wedding without being hounded out if business, in my opinion christians are under attack, though i’m obviously using the word “attack” pretty loosely.

pete, you’re denying that your side overplays the race card? seriously?

Every time the left doesn’t get exactly what they want, they blame racism. Perhaps people have had enough of being called racist because they don’t always agree with Nancy Pelosi.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-18-2022 at 10:41 AM..
Old 01-18-2022, 11:14 AM   #263
detbuch

Quote:
The Silent, Vaccinated, Impatient Majority Is sick of Covid
Poor victims.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:17 AM   #264
detbuch

Quote:
What do you mean by "requirement."
Old 01-18-2022, 11:54 AM   #265
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What do you mean by "requirement."
Want to go to school, military service, lots of jobs
Of course you could be a plumber without a hepatitis vaccine

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-18-2022, 11:56 AM   #266
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
when a christian baker can’t choose to not participate in a gay wedding without being hounded out if business, in my opinion christians are under attack, though i’m obviously using the word “attack” pretty loosely.

pete, you’re denying that your side overplays the race card? seriously?

Every time the left doesn’t get exactly what they want, they blame racism. Perhaps people have had enough of being called racist because they don’t always agree with Nancy Pelosi.
I said not one of those things but you’re certainly good at echoing the right wing social media machine

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-18-2022, 12:01 PM   #267
detbuch

Quote:
Want to go to school, military service, lots of jobs
Of course you could be a plumber without a hepatitis vaccine
Contrary to what you said above, it sounds here like you're talking about "deeply personal" decisions.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:26 PM   #268
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Contrary to what you said above, it sounds here like you're talking about "deeply personal" decisions.
I suppose driving drunk is also

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-18-2022, 12:31 PM   #269
Jim in CT

Quote:
I said not one of those things but you’re certainly good at echoing the right wing social media machine
i asked you a question. you dodged. so here it is again…

do liberals too often play the race card?
Old 01-18-2022, 01:02 PM   #270
detbuch

Quote:
I suppose driving drunk is also
Not driving drunk is also.