Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-01-2021, 04:14 PM   #1
wdmso

Inflation

Germany: Inflation hits 29-year high of 5.2%

UK inflation rate 2021 - live: Price rises at highest in a decade at 4.2% amid fears over Covid recovery

Inflation in 19 Nations Using Euro Hits Record High of 4.9%

Conservatives doing the only thing they do is blame … it’s Biden aka Brandon’s fault
And their supporters are uninformed sheep. Who think American is the center of the universe . And a POTUS has powers he doesn’t to control prices

It’s called pandemic recovery
Old 12-01-2021, 04:23 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Germany: Inflation hits 29-year high of 5.2%

UK inflation rate 2021 - live: Price rises at highest in a decade at 4.2% amid fears over Covid recovery

Inflation in 19 Nations Using Euro Hits Record High of 4.9%

Conservatives doing the only thing they do is blame … it’s Biden aka Brandon’s fault
And their supporters are uninformed sheep. Who think American is the center of the universe . And a POTUS has powers he doesn’t to control prices

It’s called pandemic recovery
dumping trillions of dollars into the economy is one thing that fuels inflation. and the president has some control over that.

do you expect us to believe that if trump was president, and we had similar inflation, that you’d say the same thing? seriously?

trump also spent like a lunatic, so we were due for some inflation. it’s very reasonable to believe that biden’s massive spending, added fuel to that fire. and he owns that. his administration was also very dismissive of inflation for a long time, denying there was inflation and then saying it was temporary. he was wrong about it being temporary. he owns that too.

like almost everything, it’s not all biden’s fault, but he’s not blameless either.

the dems are between a rock and a hard place. the best way to control inflation is to increase interest rates, which would easily hurt the housing market and trigger a recession ( we’re overdue for a recession). so he has to choose between letting inflation run wild, or controlling inflation and possibly causing a recession. kind of a no win situation.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-01-2021, 05:08 PM   #3
PaulS

Americans shifting spending habits due to covid are the reasons for inflation. Even though it's wrong the current president always gets blamed or credited for the inflation rate.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:20 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Americans shifting spending habits due to covid are the reasons for inflation. Even though it's wrong the current president always gets blamed or credited for the inflation rate.
It's mostly a supply and demand issue. Global logistics are restricting supply and people are spending more money now that things have opened up a bit. When they say it's expected to be temporary I don't think they meant just a few months. Will take into next year to sort out best case likely.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:27 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
one of the reasons they’re shifting spending habits is the money that the feds dumped into the economy.

when you drastically increase the supply of something, you run the fish of decreasing the value of that something. that holds true for the supply/value of dollars.

you have this happening at the same time that we’re incentivizing people not to work, which exacerbates the supply of goods and services chokehold.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:36 PM   #6
PaulS

They're not spending money on restaurants and instead buying hard Goods which is putting stress on Supply chains which were also impacted by covid. Plus the stimulus payments. There was little impact to employment after states stop the extra unemployment payments
Old 12-01-2021, 05:43 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
They're not spending money on restaurants and instead buying hard Goods which is putting stress on Supply chains which were also impacted by covid. Plus the stimulus payments. There was little impact to employment after states stop the extra unemployment payments
i see restaurants busy. especially in vacation spots. i was in the outer banks for a week in july, if you went out to dinner and didn’t get there by 430, you waited an hour.

people have t gone back to work after the bonus expired, you’re 100% right. but offering that bonus, removed a lot of people
from the workforce.

it’s a lot of things. some biden has a hand in, some he doesn’t. as you correctly said, the lotus gets blamed for what happens on his watch.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
dumping trillions of dollars into the economy is one thing that fuels inflation. and the president has some control over that.

do you expect us to believe that if trump was president, and we had similar inflation, that you’d say the same thing? seriously?

trump also spent like a lunatic, so we were due for some inflation. it’s very reasonable to believe that biden’s massive spending, added fuel to that fire. and he owns that. his administration was also very dismissive of inflation for a long time, denying there was inflation and then saying it was temporary. he was wrong about it being temporary. he owns that too.

like almost everything, it’s not all biden’s fault, but he’s not blameless either.

the dems are between a rock and a hard place. the best way to control inflation is to increase interest rates, which would easily hurt the housing market and trigger a recession ( we’re overdue for a recession). so he has to choose between letting inflation run wild, or controlling inflation and possibly causing a recession. kind of a no win situation.
It’s world wide Jim it’s not isolated to the USA as Republicans suggest they are unable to speak honestly with their voters .. truth equals RINO lies equals re election

PS how long do you think any bills Biden signed and the money attached to them to affect the economy…. Huntley noted that he doesn't expect the spending package to increase inflation because of the time it will take for the money to be released.

Another fallacy pushed by Republicans
Old 12-02-2021, 09:42 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s world wide Jim it’s not isolated to the USA as Republicans suggest they are unable to speak honestly with their voters .. truth equals RINO lies equals re election

PS how long do you think any bills Biden signed and the money attached to them to affect the economy…. Huntley noted that he doesn't expect the spending package to increase inflation because of the time it will take for the money to be released.

Another fallacy pushed by Republicans
so because it’s worldwide, you give biden a pass.

The covid pandemic is also worldwide, but you didn’t use that as an excuse to give trump a pass. did you? no, you didn’t. just because something is happening in germany, doesn’t mean it has to happen here. again, not all of this is biden’s fault, obviously. But he’s not completely blameless, either. When you drastically increase the supply of something ( like dollars), you run the risk of decreasing the value of that something. that principle is in chapter 1 of every single economics text ever printed.

we get it, wayne. the democrats is always right, the republican is always wrong. always.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #10
wdmso

No Jim basic economics

The covid pandemic is also worldwide, but you didn’t use that as an excuse to give trump a pass.

More simpleton comparisons shocking.. knowing Trump disregard Covid and minimized it his entire time in office

When you drastically increase the supply of something ( like dollars))

Again right wing story telling and economic cherry picking

Jim Republicans lie about why inflation is On the rise and you buy into these lies .. Republicans are unable to be honest with their voters just look at Jan 6th response.. and that’s just 1 example ..

I voted for RR both Bushes liked Bob dole then Obama Hillary cuz Trump’s a scum bag and then Biden because Trump proved he was a bigger scumbag. Than I originally thought..

So yes when the majority of Republicans follow Trump then yes Republicans Bad Dems good . Seeing dems actually do something for all Americans other than say NO 24/7
Old 12-03-2021, 03:28 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

No Jim basic economics

The covid pandemic is also worldwide, but you didn’t use that as an excuse to give trump a pass.

More simpleton comparisons shocking.. knowing Trump disregard Covid and minimized it his entire time in office

When you drastically increase the supply of something ( like dollars))

Again right wing story telling and economic cherry picking

Jim Republicans lie about why inflation is On the rise and you buy into these lies .. Republicans are unable to be honest with their voters just look at Jan 6th response.. and that’s just 1 example ..

I voted for RR both Bushes liked Bob dole then Obama Hillary cuz Trump’s a scum bag and then Biden because Trump proved he was a bigger scumbag. Than I originally thought..

So yes when the majority of Republicans follow Trump then yes Republicans Bad Dems good . Seeing dems actually do something for all Americans other than say NO 24/7
trump absolutely did things that impacted covid, good and bad ( you’ll exclude the good).

similarly, biden isn’t blameless in inflation. you cannot add trillions and trillions of dollars imo the market without running the risk of decreasing the value of those dollars. he owns that. not all the inflation is his fault.

you defended biden by saying “it’s global”. your obvious meaning, is that if something is global, the potus can’t prevent it. i don’t agree with that, but using your logic, trump was similarly unlucky to inherit a global crisis. but you don’t cut trump
any sock for that. because you don’t actually believe a president can’t prevent a global event, you’re just saying it to defend Biden.

america doesn’t agree with you. read the polls.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:55 PM   #12
scottw

I bet Biden won’t take credit for the new jobs numbers. But he’ll take credit to the low unemployment number thanks to republican governors
Old 12-03-2021, 06:11 PM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
trump absolutely did things that impacted covid, good and bad ( you’ll exclude the good).

similarly, biden isn’t blameless in inflation. you cannot add trillions and trillions of dollars imo the market without running the risk of decreasing the value of those dollars. he owns that. not all the inflation is his fault.

you defended biden by saying “it’s global”. your obvious meaning, is that if something is global, the potus can’t prevent it. i don’t agree with that, but using your logic, trump was similarly unlucky to inherit a global crisis. but you don’t cut trump
any sock for that. because you don’t actually believe a president can’t prevent a global event, you’re just saying it to defend Biden.

america doesn’t agree with you. read the polls.
Once again Jim champions Trumps good thing, suggesting they balance out the bad thing because in Jim’s world nothing is different or both sides do it . Your inability to see the world threw a pin hole is astonishing

Now a pandemic and inflation and their responses are the same …. Bravo
Old 12-03-2021, 06:21 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso;1218726

Your inability to see the world threw a pin hole is astonishing

[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
Your ability to take something that no one ever said and cobble it into an attempt at a thought to make some kind of preconceived point in an incoherent way Is pretty impressive
Old 12-03-2021, 06:29 PM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I bet Biden won’t take credit for the new jobs numbers. But he’ll take credit to the low unemployment number thanks to republican governors
That’s funny
NY city alone has 8.4 million

Yet

Wyoming (Population: 581,075)
Vermont (Population: 623,251)
Alaska (Population: 724,357)
North Dakota (Population: 770,026)
South Dakota (Population: 896,581)
Montana (Population: 1,085,004)

Barely add up to NYC but their the reason National unemployment rate is so low ? Interesting
Old 12-03-2021, 06:30 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Once again Jim champions Trumps good thing, suggesting they balance out the bad thing because in Jim’s world nothing is different or both sides do it . Your inability to see the world threw a pin hole is astonishing

Now a pandemic and inflation and their responses are the same …. Bravo
"Once again Jim champions Trumps good thing, suggesting they balance out the bad thing"

Are you mentally disabled?

I never said Trumps good outweighs the bad, or equals out the bad. I have said 100 times he's a morally bankrupt reptile and I pray he never runs for office, or even opens his mouth in public, again.

You're in denial, not me. You deny everything about him that's not horrible.

"Now a pandemic and inflation and their responses are the same …"

I never said that. YOU said Biden has zero control over inflation, because "it's global". But you only give Biden that benefit, not Trump.

But I'll say this...it's easier to prevent global inflation from impacting the US, than it would have been to keep covid out.

Here's what I mean...you can head off inflation, try to prevent it, by decreasing the money supply, raising interest rates. There are proven, reasonable things you can do to try to minimize inflation (not guaranteed to work.).

With covid, there's no way to stop it without throwing the constitution in the toilet and completeky isolating the country from teh worls at the first mention of the word "covid". Nobody was calling for that in the fall of 2019 when that would have been necessary. Despite your claims that Trump is a crazy authoritarian, he didn't order Americans into serious quarantine. Covid was probably already here before they could have done anything to prevent it from coming. And the one thing Trump did early on (travel restrictions from China) was ridiculed by the entire left, so they wouldn't have even done that.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:31 PM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Your ability to take something that no one ever said and cobble it into an attempt at a thought to make some kind of preconceived point in an incoherent way Is pretty impressive
I know right Jim never sees thing as equal or the same or both side do it ! I just imagine that
Old 12-03-2021, 06:33 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know right Jim never sees thing as equal or the same or both side do it ! I just imagine that
"I know right Jim never sees thing as equal or the same or both side do it !"

So when you say it's bad when Trump does something, it's not a valid response for me to point out when democrats do it and you don't care? That's never a valid argument? So when you criticize Trump for doing things that you praise democrats for doing, there's no value in pointing that out.

Stop being a hypocrite, I'll stop pointing out hypocrisy.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:40 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Wayne, here is a link showing 2021 inflation by country.

plenty of countries have inflation thats meaningfully lower than ours.

It would therefore appear that our inflation we are seeing, was not inevitable.

“But Trump is bad!!!”

https://countryeconomy.com/cpi
Old 12-03-2021, 06:43 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
sounds reasonable....
Old 12-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Wayne, here is a link showing 2021 inflation by country.

plenty of countries have inflation thats meaningfully lower than ours.

It would therefore appear that our inflation we are seeing, was not inevitable.

“But Trump is bad!!!”

https://countryeconomy.com/cpi
Do you think it’s bad, or just bad for your tribe that unemployment is at historically low levels in this country, busts your bubble doesn’t it?
For the past seven months the adjustments to the employment numbers have been better, not worse.
It looks like working produces better results than tweeting.
But keep hoping for the return of the guy you “hate” while claiming…….
Poor little girl

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2021, 08:36 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Do you think it’s bad, or just bad for your tribe that unemployment is at historically low levels in this country, busts your bubble doesn’t it?
For the past seven months the adjustments to the employment numbers have been better, not worse.
It looks like working produces better results than tweeting.
But keep hoping for the return of the guy you “hate” while claiming…….
Poor little girl
i’m glad unemployment is
low, i hope it keeps
dropping.

not sure what you mean by “historically low levels”, but it was lower for much of trumps term, through the winter of 2020.

just keep making stuff up pete.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:56 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i’m glad unemployment is
low, i hope it keeps
dropping.

not sure what you mean by “historically low levels”, but it was lower for much of trumps term, through the winter of 2020.

just keep making stuff up pete.
Your hero left office with the worst economic record since Herbert Hoover, after all by himself super spreading COVID
But keep on believing

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2021, 08:58 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your hero left office with the worst economic record since Herbert Hoover, after all by himself super spreading COVID
But keep on believing
unemployment was lower under trump, until covid. not his fault. .

trump made covid worse, Andrew Cuomo was the gold standard. gotcha.

you’ve never done worse here.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:02 PM   #25
scottw

Quote:

Andrew Cuomo was the gold standard. gotcha.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	181_550x550_Front_Color-Black.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	68597  
Old 12-03-2021, 09:02 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
unemployment was lower under trump, until covid. not his fault. .

trump made covid worse, Andrew Cuomo was the gold standard. gotcha.

you’ve never done worse here.
95% of all jobs created since 1989 have come under Dem Presidents

3 times as many jobs have been created under Biden than last 3 GOP Presidents, combined

The last 3 Republican Presidents brought recessions and rising unemployment rates.

The last 3 Dem Presidents have brought growth, rising wages, lower unemployment rates.

Cuomo?
That’s the best you’ve got?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2021, 09:14 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
95% of all jobs created since 1989 have come under Dem Presidents

3 times as many jobs have been created under Biden than last 3 GOP Presidents, combined

The last 3 Republican Presidents brought recessions and rising unemployment rates.

The last 3 Dem Presidents have brought growth, rising wages, lower unemployment rates.

Cuomo?
That’s the best you’ve got?
you said current unemployment is “historically low.”

that means one of two things.

(1) you’re a liar.

or

(2) your definition of “historical” only goes back to february 2020.

there isn’t a third alternative. so which is it.

bush and trump had things clobber jobs that they had absolutely nothing to do with causing. bush didn’t order people to buy houses they couldn’t afford. trump didn’t create covid.

look at biden’s polling numbers, even in the economy. america knows youre full of it.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:17 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Keep dreaming
Old 12-03-2021, 09:18 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Keep dreaming
i’m dreaming that you said unemployment is historically low, when it was lower less tha. two years ago?

what did i say there, that’s not 100% accurate?
Old 12-03-2021, 09:26 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

You’re losing