Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-01-2021, 05:06 PM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
sure some cop shootings aren’t justified. but it’s a very low %. and that’s not what gets reported, that’s not what BLM believes or says. You don’t think democrats are throwing cops under the bus for political gain? ,
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Throwing cops under the bus for political gain is probably a loser. Defund the police might be the worst campaign slogan ever thought of.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:31 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
sure some cop shootings aren’t justified. but it’s a very low %.
I'm not sure that's a reasonable statement to make. Most police shootings historically have been swept under the rug by the system. It's another reason why states should be required to report actual data.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:35 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm not sure that's a reasonable statement to make. Most police shootings historically have been swept under the rug by the system. It's another reason why states should be required to report actual data.
i’m sure you’re not sure, because you’re a thoughtless lemming.

we hear about every questionable cop shooting. they no longer get swept under the rug, the media is all
over it.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:37 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Throwing cops under the bus for political gain is probably a loser. Defund the police might be the worst campaign slogan ever thought of.
whether it’s a loser or a winner in terms of political outcome, isn’t it a horrible thing to do to cops? don’t they deserve better? and i’m
not saying they deserve to be treated as above accountability. but the data is crystal clear, unjustified shootings are very rare. one is too many, but it’s not an epidemic
Old 12-01-2021, 06:07 PM   #35
PaulS

Quote:
whether it’s a loser or a winner in terms of political outcome, isn’t it a horrible thing to do to cops? don’t they deserve better? and i’m
not saying they deserve to be treated as above accountability. but the data is crystal clear, unjustified shootings are very rare. one is too many, but it’s not an epidemic
I agree it's not epidemic and one is too many but the odds of even an unjustified killing being prosecuted was almost nil and that helped fuel the BLM movement. The pendulum swings both ways
Old 12-01-2021, 06:10 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I agree it's not epidemic and one is too many but the odds of even an unjustified killing being prosecuted was almost nil and that helped fuel the BLM movement. The pendulum swings both ways
but on this issue, the pendulum swinging too far results in innocent cops being killed. democrats made a political calculation that a few dead cops is a price worth paying in order to work up the base.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:01 AM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this may be true...biden may be too dumb or detached to realize he looks like a complete hypocrite
Who appears to be patient zero walking around with Covid very likely infecting others when he knew he was infected or at the very least had a reasonable idea he was infected s

The former White House staffer wrote that Trump took the negative antigen test as “full permission to press on as if nothing had happened,” but Meadows “instructed everyone in his immediate circle to treat him as if he was positive.” Meadows added: “I didn’t want to take any unnecessary risks

But now Mark Meadow will be the the latest former Trump official to be labeled a RINO for telling the Truth

So Trump try’s to overturn the election , is blocking the Jan 6th commission claiming privilege he don’t have , attacks members of Congress for not spreading the big lie , now seems to be patient Zero put people around him at risk

But Biden is seen with out a mask for a minute and the usual suspects go wild..

Yep that what normal people call moronic

Trump supporters call it leadership
Old 12-04-2021, 11:20 AM   #38
wdmso

Trump: Biden 'One-Trick Pony' Pushing COVID-19 Vaccine Friday, 03 December 2021

"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.“ —Joseph Goebbels and Donald Trump
Old 12-04-2021, 11:24 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump: Biden 'One-Trick Pony' Pushing COVID-19 Vaccine Friday, 03 December 2021

"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.“ —Joseph Goebbels and Donald Trump
trump is obviously a hypocrite. i’d think you’d admire that since you’re a master of hypocrisy.

biden attacked trumps “remain in mexico” policy, promised to do away with it. now he’s expanding it. even the idiots in The View were letting Biden have it. if he’s angering those clowns, that’s a terrific sign!

( identical biden hypocrisy on covid travel bans.).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ico-policy.amp

Old 12-04-2021, 01:01 PM   #40
wdmso

Quote:
trump is obviously a hypocrite. i’d think you’d admire that since you’re a master of hypocrisy.

biden attacked trumps “remain in mexico” policy, promised to do away with it. now he’s expanding it. even the idiots in The View were letting Biden have it. if he’s angering those clowns, that’s a terrific sign!

( identical biden hypocrisy on covid travel bans.).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ico-policy.amp

You do know remain in Mexico was reinstated due to a court order correct. And they are complying with a federal court order in Texas

Only you Jim sees compliance with a court order as hypocritical..

Your logic is with out equal

Wow what an expansion to include anyone from the Western Hemisphere not just Mexicans oh the horror
Old 12-04-2021, 01:54 PM   #41
spence

Quote:
You do know remain in Mexico was reinstated due to a court order correct. And they are complying with a federal court order in Texas

Only you Jim sees compliance with a court order as hypocritical..
The issue is he gets most of his information from tabloids.
Old 12-04-2021, 03:34 PM   #42
wdmso

This guy sounds like an American Republican

During the livestream on 24 October, Mr Bolsonaro claimed that reports "suggest that people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 are developing Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Aids) much faster than expected".

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro on Wednesday reiterated baseless allegations of U.S. election fraud and continued to back President Donald Trump, as the American leader’s supporters invaded the U.S. Capitol building.

its funny to see Who are Trump friends and who Trump supports in return

Trump lauds 'great friend' Jair Bolsonaro, as the Brazilian president has 9 criminal charges recommended against him Oct 27, 2021

The GOP has an integrity problem and it starts at the Top
Old 12-04-2021, 04:45 PM   #43
scottw

Quote:

During the livestream on 24 October, Mr Bolsonaro claimed that reports "suggest that people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 are developing Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Aids) much faster than expected".
sounds like the kind of thing biden would babble...
Old 12-05-2021, 08:26 AM   #44
wdmso

Counties that went heavily for Donald Trump have seen much lower vaccination rates and much higher death rates from COVID

Imagine that
Old 12-05-2021, 09:22 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Counties that went heavily for Donald Trump have seen much lower vaccination rates and much higher death rates from COVID

Imagine that
blacks and those with phds also have low vaccination rates. but you won’t discuss that.

like everything else, it’s ok when democrat demographics have low vaccination rates. you only care when republicans do it. which means you don’t actually believe it’s bad to be unvaccinated.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:29 AM   #46
wdmso

Quote:
blacks and those with phds also have low vaccination rates. but you won’t discuss that.

like everything else, it’s ok when democrat demographics have low vaccination rates. you only care when republicans do it. which means you don’t actually believe it’s bad to be unvaccinated.
still beating the same drum shocking

Black Americans Cite Low Vaccine Confidence, Mistrust, and Limited Access as Barriers to COVID-19 Vaccination

not misinformation

and you PHD example wasgie-Mellon University and Wendy C. King of the University of Pittsburgh based their study of vaccine hesitancy rates off of results from a Facebook

Even if your claims were actually factually Trump supports out number both these groups by a factor of 10x but again everything is equal in Jims world vision
Old 12-05-2021, 09:42 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
still beating the same drum shocking

Black Americans Cite Low Vaccine Confidence, Mistrust, and Limited Access as Barriers to COVID-19 Vaccination

not misinformation

and you PHD example wasgie-Mellon University and Wendy C. King of the University of Pittsburgh based their study of vaccine hesitancy rates off of results from a Facebook

Even if your claims were actually factually Trump supports out number both these groups by a factor of 10x but again everything is equal in Jims world vision
low vaccine confidence and
mistrust aren’t misinformation?

lacking trust is why most people, regardless if mostly, are saying no to the vaccine. but it’s ok when democrats do it.

wayne, i’d really like for you to provide some evidence that people
with phds don’t have access to covid vaccines.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-05-2021 at 10:06 AM..
Old 12-05-2021, 09:51 AM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

People with the least access to healthcare are among the least likely to be vaccinated, that group includes blacks and rural whites.
As the people who did the study reported, the seemingly low reported vaccination rate among people holding doctoral degrees was illogical.
Vaccination rates increased with education until a doctoral degree was awarded?
No distinction was made between types of doctoral degrees and Medical professionals who compose more than 40% of the doctoral degrees awarded have a vaccination rate in the high 90s
The study has yet to be peer reviewed and is based on a Facebook survey
Your dog don’t hunt
Old 12-05-2021, 10:09 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
People with the least access to healthcare are among the least likely to be vaccinated, that group includes blacks and rural whites.
As the people who did the study reported, the seemingly low reported vaccination rate among people holding doctoral degrees was illogical.
Vaccination rates increased with education until a doctoral degree was awarded?
No distinction was made between types of doctoral degrees and Medical professionals who compose more than 40% of the doctoral degrees awarded have a vaccination rate in the high 90s
The study has yet to be peer reviewed and is based on a Facebook survey
Your dog don’t hunt
people with phds have low vaccination rates. i didn’t say doctors. i said people with phds. i don’t know what the point is of discussing the type of PhD.

as always, you don’t like that fact, so you look for a way to dismiss it. that’s easier than admitting that things arent as simple as you want them to be.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:52 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
people with phds have low vaccination rates. i didn’t say doctors. i said people with phds. i don’t know what the point is of discussing the type of PhD.

as always, you don’t like that fact, so you look for a way to dismiss it. that’s easier than admitting that things arent as simple as you want them to be.
There was no distinction in the study between various types of doctoral degrees
Are you claiming that medical professionals were not surveyed?
The people who performed the Facebook survey were concerned about the propriety of the data and without the ability to verify answers statistical anomalies are typically not cited as gospel.
But to try and get your dog to hunt, you’ll kick it over and over

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
There was no distinction in the study between various types of doctoral degrees
Are you claiming that medical professionals were not surveyed?
The people who performed the Facebook survey were concerned about the propriety of the data and without the ability to verify answers statistical anomalies are typically not cited as gospel.
But to try and get your dog to hunt, you’ll kick it over and over
all i’m claiming is what i said. people with PhDs have low vaccination rates. if it’s immoral for trumplicans to not get vaccinated, i don’t know why it’s not equally immoral for blacks or people
with PhDs to not get vaccinated. perhaps
you can explain why it’s a bigger sin for republicans to not get vaccinated than blacks or people with PhDs.

i think it’s beyond stupid for anyone to not get vaccinated. i don’t distinguish between republicans and democrats. but you and wdmso do.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:08 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

No, the statistics do.
The federal government with it’s limited powers has done what it can to get people vaccinated.
Why is it that you think that government has the right to tell some what they may or may not do with their bodies?
Old 12-05-2021, 01:12 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
No, the statistics do.
The federal government with it’s limited powers has done what it can to get people vaccinated.
Why is it that you think that government has the right to tell some what they may or may not do with their bodies?
there you go again sadly. i cannot imagine what i said that would
make you think i believe the government can force people
to get vaccinated

what i said, and i’m
right, is that lefties are very selective about who they insult for not being vaccinated. lefties get all worked up about trumplicans not being vaccinated, but refuse to address blacks and PhDs who aren’t vaccinated.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:21 PM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
there you go again sadly. i cannot imagine what i said that would
make you think i believe the government can force people
to get vaccinated

what i said, and i’m
right, is that lefties are very selective about who they insult for not being vaccinated. lefties get all worked up about trumplicans not being vaccinated, but refuse to address blacks and PhDs who aren’t vaccinated.
You believe that government has the right to force women to carry a baby for 9 months to save a life, but not that she should have to be vaccinated to save her life, the infants and others.

The media that’s telling you to be insulted is also telling people that vaccination is bad.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-05-2021, 01:30 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
You believe that government has the right to force women to carry a baby for 9 months to save a life, but not that she should have to be vaccinated to save her life, the infants and others.

The media that’s telling you to be insulted is also telling people that vaccination is bad.
let’s go slow here.

do you support state laws which prohibit female teachers from having consensual relations with male students?

i bet you do. almost everyone does.

If i’m correct in assuming you support those laws, that means YOU support laws which limit the choices women can make with their own bodies, IF those choices would hurt “someone else”.

therefore, the only thing that matters in the abortion debate, is whether or not the baby represents “someone else.”

That’s it. everything else is a smokescreen.

every criminal law on the books, limits the choices we can make, so stop pretending that there aren’t any limits you’d place on the choices women can make with their own bodies.

i’ve had this debate a thousand times. there is no liberal response to this. none.

it’s not about “choice”, because you and i both agree that choices should be limited when “someone else” is hurt.

All that matters, is whether or not the baby represents “someone else.”

i’m 100% ok with people ( including women) making any choices they want, as long as they don’t hurt someone else.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:08 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
let’s go slow here

i’m 100% ok with people ( including women) making any choices they want, as long as they don’t hurt someone else.
It’s really simple

You believe that government has the right to force women to carry a baby for 9 months to save what you believe to be a life, but not that she should have to be vaccinated to save her life, the infants and the lives of others

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-05-2021, 03:26 PM   #57
scottw

Quote:
It’s really simple

You believe that government has the right to force women to carry a baby for 9 months to save what you believe to be a life, but not that she should have to be vaccinated to save her life, the infants and the lives of others
this is really stupid...I don't even know how to respond to the highlighted stupidity above

the odds of a healthy baby dying from abortion is near 100%

the odds of a healthy person dying from covid is near 0%

since we now know that both women and men can have babies....I don't believe that the government should force women and men to get pregnant or get vaccinated
Old 12-05-2021, 03:52 PM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s really simple

that’s exactly right.

where in the constitution would you find any language giving the federal government the authority to
mandate that someone take
medicine they don’t want?

here’s a question for you, and good
luck
answering this one.

why is it a crime for someone to assault a pregnant woman and
kill the baby? if the unborn isn’t a human being, how can killing the baby be murder?

unless you’d say that it’s a human if the mom wants it, but not a human if the mom doesn’t want it, and that’s beyond stupid. the mothers state of
mind changes nothing as far as the baby is concerned. the moms intentions don’t bestow humanity.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:54 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is really stupid...I don't even know how to respond to the highlighted stupidity above

the odds of a healthy baby dying from abortion is near 100%

the odds of a healthy person dying from covid is near 0%

since we now know that both women and men can have babies....I don't believe that the government should force women and men to get pregnant or get vaccinated
the lack of logic ( and compassion) is breathtaking.
Old 12-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #60
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

I know some pretty stupid smart people, if you aren’t watching the death toll climb, hospital ICU’s beginning to load up again in colder climates and noting it’s still primarily the unvaccinated suffering the worst and not reconsidering vaccination; maybe your not as smart as your PHD might indicate.