Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-28-2021, 09:49 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Biden campaigned on “I’m gonna shut down the virus”, now says there is no federal fix

“I’m not gonna shut down the economy, I’m gonna shut down the virus!”

By “shutting down the virus”, i guess he meant oversee an increase in deaths despite having inherited a functional vaccination and testing infastructure.

He’s right, in a nation like ours, it’s mostly handled at the state level. And the variants aren’t his fault. Which is why he had little business promising during the campaign that he was going to shut down the virus.

How’s that cure for cancer coming?
Old 12-28-2021, 10:05 AM   #2
wdmso

Jim you have no understanding of a positive message or the ability to comprehend the difference between actually trying to stop Covid appealing to Americans to get vaccinated and protect themselves and others ..

Even Nixon declared war on cancer in 1971

But all conservatives do is piss and moan about a POTUS who actually is trying compared to their hero and his party who sit on their hand trying to make it about Freedom , passing laws to help the unvaccinated

GOP says unemployment benefits hurt Iowa, except when they’re for the unvaccinated

Republicans boost benefits for workers who quit over vaccine mandates
Critics say decision from legislatures in four states in effect pays people for not getting vaccinated

Enjoy running on your treadmill and complaining why you haven’t moved while blaming everyone else

Even the Bible says Faith with out works is dead ….

If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

That’s Republicans plenty of criticism but not given what’s needed

Last edited by wdmso; 12-28-2021 at 10:11 AM..
Old 12-28-2021, 10:41 AM   #3
Jim in CT

a positive message is fine.

a specific promise to cure cancer, is something very different.

a promise to shut down the virus, is something else.

I’m all for a positive optimistic message. making very specific promises, in order to exploit desperate people to get them to vote for you, is different.

Biden is nowhere near the first politician to stoop so low. But that’s exactly what he did. you can’t admit it, because you can’t accept that a democrat is flawed.

if biden said “I hate cancer, we all have a stake in this, so if you elect me i promise to do more to help defeat this disease than any previous president”, I’d applaud that message. But he went way, way further.

“we will cure cancer but only if I’m elected” is very, very different from an optimistic message.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-28-2021, 10:46 AM   #4
Jim in CT

“all conservatives do is piss and moan…”

we also run most of the states that people want to move to. and we give a little more money and time to charity than democrats. we ( unlike democrats) know that you don’t respond to violent crime by diminishing the police. we know there’s a problem at the southern border. so there’s that.

Midterms are coming, we’ll soon see if america agrees with your assessment of what republicans do.

looking at which states people are leaving, and where they’re moving, seems to suggest america doesn’t agree with you. doesn’t it?

hard to respond to that with “ but Trump”.

everything every democrat says is pure and noble, everything every republican says is sinister and a lie. Real life is exactly that simple.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-28-2021 at 11:27 AM..
Old 12-28-2021, 11:38 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Even the Bible says Faith with out works is dead ….

If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
oh good...wayne pelosi is quoting the bible again....
Old 12-28-2021, 12:21 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

That’s Republicans plenty of criticism but not given what’s needed
what does the data show about comparing charitable
giving of conservatives and liberals, wayne?

a rabid liberal quoting the bible. are you interested in knowing what the bible says that god feels about babies in the womb?
Old 12-28-2021, 12:47 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Have to say, the pandemic has really given people the green light to just come out and openly admit they put profits and their wealth over the lives of human beings and that government's only real responsibility anymore is acting as stewards of the economy.
Old 12-28-2021, 01:03 PM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

government's only real responsibility anymore is acting as stewards of the economy.

Who wants government to act as steward of the economy?
Old 12-28-2021, 02:50 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what does the data show about comparing charitable
giving of conservatives and liberals, wayne? is it a competition Jim? the tendency of religious Americans to donate to their own churches, helps explain the overall partisan difference in charitable giving.

[/COLOR]
a rabid liberal quoting the bible. are you interested in knowing what the bible says that god feels about babies in the womb? please tell us
What Does the Bible Say about Abortion
Absolutely nothing! The word "abortion" does not appear in any translation of the bible
.Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
See Jim I dont claim to be a christian But plenty of Republicans do..
yet they dont act very christian like.. I am just pointing out the rights tireless hypocrisy... from blocking hurricane relief from Blue states then wanting it for their states ....

its odd what you deem hyperbole and what you take as a literal statement... Based on whether you agree with them or not
Old 12-28-2021, 03:14 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
See Jim I dont claim to be a christian But plenty of Republicans do..
yet they dont act very christian like.. I am just pointing out the rights tireless hypocrisy... from blocking hurricane relief from Blue states then wanting it for their states ....

its odd what you deem hyperbole and what you take as a literal statement... Based on whether you agree with them or not
is giving to no ones own church not charitable giving wayne?

the bible says god knew babies in the womb. look it up.

“abortion” doesn’t appear in the constitution either. but the scotus ruled in it, and you’re happy with that. can’t have it both ways.

“i don’t claim to be a christian”

no sh*t.

“they don’t act very christian like”

yet you admitted they donate more to charities. they don’t advocate for the slaughter of tens of
millions of unborn babies, they fought against slavery and segregation.

what do you want, exactly?
Old 12-28-2021, 03:23 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:

See Jim I dont claim to be a christian
so you didn't quote that from memory?
Old 12-28-2021, 03:25 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:

I am just pointing out the rights tireless hypocrisy...
tirelessly....